• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
Flying Dutchman: oooh, I like this style :O
agreed on the awesome Great Fox :3
though, I would have preferred that you did the outline of his eyes a little thicker
I know it's thin in the title cards, but it's not that thin?
I dunno, just seems to stick out a bit to me :O

IC3R: Kinky? now why would you think that? :O
;D

nah :p
but you did say mouth watering :O
so... :3
;D

Ange: I like how you proportioned his face :O
it gives a different, but nice look/feel to it :3

and safe is good :O

Bomber7: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
coincidence+irony XD

Zylar: WHAT? D:
oh, hot. wouldn't know :p

but TP Zelda was freaking beautiful :O
OoT Zelda had a flat head :p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Zelda was/is pixels and, thusly, can't be hot, isn't hot, nor will she ever be hot.
It seems you forgot about my Zelda submission. I admit I am heavily aroused by it, and it's pixels.

Oh, and I like the two pictures on this page. The Fox without legs on the previous page is amazing though, I must say that.

Ange

Smash Lord
Me like! ^^ I see your photoshoping skills have grown exponentially. lol. :D
But, yeah, now you know how I feel. Coloring isn't nearly as time consuming as the lineart. :/
I used that awesome tutorial you linked to me, it works PERFECT! :D

I love working in photoshop now, and by that I mean with actual finished pictures. Before I just worked with backgrounds and such.

However, it takes some time to actually do the lineart, but its so worth it. Now Ill just havta color, which I know how to do with the magic wand and all, but it takes time. /:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If Ange colors his Fox-drawing, I'll probably use it as avatar... It's pwnsome.

Of course, only if I am allowed to do so. <3

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^couple quick questions:

1. Inked by hand?

2. Is this scaled down from a larger image? If so, using what program?

Answers will change what I'm gonna say ^__^

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^^couple quick questions:

1. Inked by hand?

2. Is this scaled down from a larger image? If so, using what program?

Answers will change what I'm gonna say ^__^
Yea I inked it by hand. I dont get to draw much but I will start soon so I can gain a steady hand.

Also yes I resized it. What I do is I go to Photoshop and resize it. The image gets smaller but not its original frame, if I would have posted it smaller without changing the frame size, the whole scanned frame size would be posted and just a smaller image on it, that would be way too big. by chance I found out when I resize it I can reopen it in Paint-It. Then in Paint-It I resize the actual fram itself. It's a mildy long process but it works.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Alright, so some advice then:

When you resize anything in photoshop, make sure you set the interpolation to bi-cubic. You seem to have used none, or nearest neighbor, which makes the out-line choppy, or "aliased". Also, in case you didn't know, the best way to resize the image is to select the entire layer you want as the final piece, an go to Image->Resize-> Image Size.

Simple, and keeps the...fluidity (?)... of the lines.

Re: inking by hand, make sure you use lines of different weight (or thickness). This turns it from a uniform outline into something more dynamic, and sometimes can turn something flat into something 3-D looking. Also, keep to using long strokes, rather than a series of shorter ones, unless you specifically want it to look that way.

If this weren't a furry, I'd use my entry as an example, but I don't draw furries >_>

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Alright, so some advice then:

When you resize anything in photoshop, make sure you set the interpolation to bi-cubic. You seem to have used none, or nearest neighbor, which makes the out-line choppy, or "aliased". Also, in case you didn't know, the best way to resize the image is to select the entire layer you want as the final piece, an go to Image->Resize-> Image Size.

Simple, and keeps the...fluidity (?)... of the lines.

Re: inking by hand, make sure you use lines of different weight (or thickness). This turns it from a uniform outline into something more dynamic, and sometimes can turn something flat into something 3-D looking. Also, keep to using long strokes, rather than a series of shorter ones, unless you specifically want it to look that way.

If this weren't a furry, I'd use my entry as an example, but I don't draw furries >_>
thanks for the tips on the resize. as for inking there isnt much I can do. I dont have the money now to go buy an inking kit. I've watched my gf ink alot she has a ink kit so I know if I used different weighted inks and a little practice I could make it look easier, I'm just tryingto make due with what I got.

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
Here is my entry:

Took about 2 hours or so to draw by hand and color. I might add a background later but more than likely not...

EDIT: I cropped the picture so there isn't a lot of wasted space.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
thanks for the tips on the resize. as for inking there isnt much I can do. I dont have the money now to go buy an inking kit. I've watched my gf ink alot she has a ink kit so I know if I used different weighted inks and a little practice I could make it look easier, I'm just tryingto make due with what I got.
Eh, I ink with just a normal roller-ball pen, when I draw by hand. The big thing is to not use a pen that you have to press down hard to write with, and that when you leave two lines together doesn't look streaky--this is kinda cheating, but really, having tons of fancy inking things isn't useful anyways until you get good at it.

I'd say just go to an art store and get 2 micron pens, if even that--one maybe .3, the other like their .8mm tips. And if not that, just grab any old pen that isn't too old/scratchy.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Now presenting:
GANGSTA FOX - Hand-Drawn

Sorry that the image quality is so poor...
God, I need to get a scanner~~~

It looks much better "in person"~~~

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Eh, I ink with just a normal roller-ball pen, when I draw by hand. The big thing is to not use a pen that you have to press down hard to write with, and that when you leave two lines together doesn't look streaky--this is kinda cheating, but really, having tons of fancy inking things isn't useful anyways until you get good at it.

I'd say just go to an art store and get 2 micron pens, if even that--one maybe .3, the other like their .8mm tips. And if not that, just grab any old pen that isn't too old/scratchy.
I used to have some really good gel pens like that where I wouldnt have tro press hard. though as I;m sure you can guess, I dont have them anymore cuz they are out of ink from inking my cartoons lol. and the ones I do use not i have to press fairly hard on.

lol screw taking an art class at school, I can come here and get a 100 times better lesson lol.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Lol, I didn't think my Zelda statement would spur such comments. ^^'
Well, I dunno, but back in the day, those graphics weren't pixelated, it was top notch, and my younger self did have a vivid imagination. :3 I'm not saying TP Zelda isn't beautiful or whatnot, I just feel that not as much as OoT, lol. There is no logic to this, XD.

@Naked : Your Zelda made/makes me lol. :D

@Ange : I KNOW RIGHT! :3

I'm the same story as you. I'd just get a picture, make it look better than it actually was or put in a background. NOW WE CAN ACTUALLY DRAW ... after a few hours, lol. ^^'

Magicwand? That's a new way of coloring, to me. I look forward to its results. :D

@IC3R : :Q *drool*

@Tsu : Cool, its one of this week's few action poses

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
For some reason,that really reminds me of Snake IC3R. Really awsome Fox ^^

Bomber,don't you have ms paint? Maybe I don't understand what you want to do but it seems like it should be simple to me =/

If I want to resize something, I open it in paint and then alter the % for the height and width.

Never watched that anime Dutchman but that drawing really cool. And one of the few with a background. And a pretty epic background it is.

Ange

Smash Lord
Resizing in MSpaint isnt actually the best option, the lines of the overall picture turns out messy with pixelated lines.

I use Jasc PaintShopPro 9 to resize my pictures, I somehow dislike resizing with Photoshop 7.

@IC3R, that Fox entry somehow made me think of Marcus Fenix from Gears of War.

Lol, dont ask.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
Tsu: interesting proportions you have there :O
lots of empty space as well :O [intentional? or just excess paper?]

IC3R: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
nice XD
not quite mouth watering,
though, to be fair, it was a really good attempt :3
nice piece, interesting way you depicted the face :O

kinda reminds me of ralph from KoF at a glance, but more reminiscent of the 'japanese construction worker' image if you think about it :3

:034:

Smash Hero
Flying Dutchman: oooh, I like this style :O
agreed on the awesome Great Fox :3
though, I would have preferred that you did the outline of his eyes a little thicker
I know it's thin in the title cards, but it's not that thin?
I dunno, just seems to stick out a bit to me :O
It looked fine without color, but with it just suddenly transformed into a hideous thing. Then I didn't feel like changing the lineart anymore so I kept it.

SuperSonic...numbers said:
Never watched that anime Dutchman but that drawing really cool. And one of the few with a background. And a pretty epic background it is.
Thanks bro, be sure to vote for the only picture with a background. ;D

IC3R, your picture is TOO GOOD. Fox is motha****in' G, fo sho

but seriously

I laughed really hard when I saw that this morning so it brightened up my day. (:

IC3R

Smash Lord
Well, I admit it was interesting trying to appeal to a different audience.

I thank Spadefox and BitRom for being so patient with me. Sorry I couldn't fulfill my promise :cry:

Thanks, Dutchie ;D (Can I call you that?)

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
Tsu: interesting proportions you have there :O
lots of empty space as well :O [intentional? or just excess paper?]
Yeah I'm just lazy when it comes to making a background. That and I do have a really big piece of paper. I'm still working on the whole proportion and perspective thing. Perhaps my next one will be a bit more full.

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
Well out of curiosity if I did edit the size of the picture with the aid of a PC, would that be considered a "digital" picture?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Resizing in MSpaint isnt actually the best option, the lines of the overall picture turns out messy with pixelated lines.

I use Jasc PaintShopPro 9 to resize my pictures, I somehow dislike resizing with Photoshop 7.

@IC3R, that Fox entry somehow made me think of Marcus Fenix from Gears of War.

Lol, dont ask.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it's only good for making pictures smaller. sorry bout that XD

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Resized for a better fit on the screen... still just a sketch... no color v_v'

EDIT:
NOTHER FOX PIC: WUUUACHAAA!!!!

Now presenting:
GANGSTA FOX

Sorry that the image quality is so poor...
God, I need to get a scanner~~~

It looks much better "in person"~~~
both of these are just ._.

TooEpic -explodes-

Ange

Smash Lord
That'd be ******** as hell, if that were true...

But is it? o.o
Im 99% sure it isnt.

I mean, no matter what resizing properties you use, its still hand-drawn.

Haha, guess my entry is no match against the others. :laugh:

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
OK I fixed my picture. But I know that I can't compare to the awesomeness that is matt and IC3R.

Top Bottom