• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

Zylar

Smash Ace
@BitterRomantic : I only use a touchpad and mouse. Also, learning how to photoshop is as easy as playing around with the features. Getting good is basically pratice and tutorials.

@ Ange : Actually (I've been trying to find it again.) there is a way to use the pen tool with a mouse to make it look like you applied pressure.There was a tutorial on that >.< must ... find ... tutorial ...

@ Bomber : Yep, you can.

Legretta the Quick

Smash Cadet
I really hope he accepts @___@
(had to sneak on my dad's laptop...)
Anyway, the story for comp breakage: My little sister is an idiot. "It was an accident!! The ad came out of nowhere! Its not my fault!"
...Its all her fault.

And for materials used:
Microns for lines. Teal colors and a few tints made with watercolors. Other colors with Neopiko markers.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm sorry I haven't been around. WIld party last night. I'll get back to the whole tablet thing later and update the OP, but sorry Ivysaur girl, but you're late. No exceptions.

Start voting.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Oh, okay...

Anyway, votes...

HAND-DRAWN--Since Legretta's is DQ'd, Bomber7 (Marti Gras 'saur)

DIGITAL--Dragonoise

OTHER--Bitter Romantic (froggysaurs lol)

CREATIVE--Bitter Romantic (froggysaurs)

OVERALL--Dragonoise

Mit

Smash Ace
@toondiddy:

I see what you're saying now, although I think that would call for a separate category for mousers, and not for those with a tablet/scanners. The term "digital media" in a drawing contest like this almost always involves people with tablets, or people scanning lineart. People who use only mouses are the rarity, and I think that's pretty much why most people here don't care enough to give it its own category.

And yeah, there have been some mouse entries in here, like that amazing raptor Bowser or whatever it was, although I'm sure most hardly considered it against that Street Fighter IV style Bowser (although I can't remember if that was entered on time). Although again, give that mouser a tablet and all the same tools, and he still probably wouldn't have pumped out something that looked that incredible.

Also, the other thing is, it's not like there are prizes or anything in this contest. I plan on entering with my tablet entries, with ZERO intent/expectations for winning. I just want to show off my art and contribute to a fun thread. Why care so much if you can't seem to win?

Suppose I should've tried and responded in that group discussion. Bah >.>

Ange

Smash Lord
@ Ange : Actually (I've been trying to find it again.) there is a way to use the pen tool with a mouse to make it look like you applied pressure.There was a tutorial on that >.< must ... find ... tutorial ...
GO FIND THAT TUTORIAL. Oh my god, I would love to see it. @@

Ok, voting!

Hand-drawn: IC3R (IvySeedling; which got digitalized later)
Digital: Dragonoise
Other: -
Most Creative: Bitter Romantic (Black&white)
Overall: Dragonoise

@ Raspberry; you have to specify which of Bitter Romantics entries. ;)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
dang. Ivy gurl is DQ'd..... I'm just gona have to change my vote for overall to Dragonoise.

still totally think that ivy girl was awsome Legretta. :)

:034:

Smash Hero
Am I the only one that didn't like Legretta's? o_O Anyway, thanks for everyone that voted for me.. I'll vote tomorrow, I'm so lazy.

Zylar

Smash Ace

Ange

Smash Lord

Bomber7

Smash Hero
cant wait to see who the winners are, even if it's not me. after all its just an art contest and I've seen alot of entries I consider better than mine, and many that I find more creative(ivygirl), there were also some that were funny as well. there hasnt been one entry I didnt like. They are all great.

I cant wait for next week cuz I'm gona introduce to you guys my cartoon characters while integrating them with brawl.
Edit: or at least do so with the best of my ability(ouch... sonic)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
first off. that was epic. song from that show was great, as was the show.

My guess is one of the DK's but if you're going for mindgames, I'm going for the garbage man himself, wario. srsly, he obviusly made that bike from old garbage noone wanted, look at how easily it falls apart.

I just realized. Integrating brawl characters with my toons will be a friking challange.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That hint is harder then stale noodles. Falcon?

Also, it's a shame to make such a great drawing like Ivygirl and not get it. Oh well though, it's a winner in our hearts.

ndayday

BRoomer
Here are my votes. Good job everyone!

Hand-Drawn~ Bitter Romantic (Entry #1)
Digital~ IC3R
Creative~ Bitter Romantic (Digital Entry)
Overall~ Bitter Romantic (Entry #1)

Mit

Smash Ace
All I could find on the Sanford and Son theme is that it's by Quincy Jones and the song title is "The Streetbeater".

That might be all that's required to figure out the hint, but I'm horrible at clues so I still don't know.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm guessing Marth.

Reason: Sanford and Son theme is "The Streetbeater" by Quincy Jones. Quincy Jones worked with Michael Jackson to make his album "Thriller" and "Bad" as well as "Off the Wall".

Marth = Michael Jackson

Plus, the next one is supposed to be a humanoid.

Mit

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and guess Donkey Kong. Streetbeater sounds a heckuva lot like down-b.

Yeah definitely Donkey Kong.

Moozle

Smash Champion
At first I thought it was Falcon or Robert but I think it's Olimar because there's lots of colors and he has a rocket ship :laugh:

Also I think all that Ivy artwork was awesome! Great job! My votes are

Hand-Drawn: Ic3r
Digital: Dutchman
Creative: Bitter Romantic
Overall: Dutchman

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My votes!

Hand-Drawn: Bitter Romantic
Digital: Bitter Romantic (this one)
Creative: Bitter Romantic (same one)
Overall: Bitter Romantic

Wow, I really didn't expect it to work out like that. xD

Bitter just did a really awesome job I suppose. :bee:

Also, can I suggest we start naming our entries? I'd be much easier referring to specific pieces by title instead of "this one" or "the first one".

:034:

Smash Hero
I think next week will be Fox. The main star of Sanford and Son was played by Redd Foxx. Remember that Fox is still mostly humanoid (speaking, standing on hind legs and using hands and... overall not at all being fox-like).

Quickly voting:

Hand-Drawn: IC3R's sleeping/resting Ivysaur.
Digital: Dragonoise, it's just 2 cool 4 school.
Other: There are no 'other' entries, are there?
Creative: Bitter Romantic's Froggysaurs with background.
Overall: Dragonoise. The picture is of Ivysaur, but it's in a different style than the usual Pokémon artwork (like IC3R's). It really gives off that 'cool' vibe that I always got from Ivysaur, and all of the starter's second forms, actually.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I won't be able to post until I have finished my Ganondorf 2000 posts extravaganza.
EDIT 2: Thanks for voting Moozle :3
EDIT 3: OI you *******s! I was the one who guessed Fox first!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
guys... I got it. I just literaly thought of this 5 seconds ago before I went to go look up the show. But ITS FOX! Sanford's name is RED FOXX, HOW COULD I FORGET! I WATCH THIS ALL THE TIME! I FELL SO STUPID!

the only reason why I had guessed fox 10 seconds ago before I looked it up is because I was going through the list of characters in my head and for some odd reason he poped up and I was like "sanford? a furry? could it be? nahhhh... lets just google it"

>=D

Does Bomber get it right?

Edit: sneaky sneaky zook

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
oh, question:

where would photo collages go under?
speaking in reference to my ivysaurs+bulbasaurs in their natural habitat [froggysaurs, apparently XD]

I found the photos, erased their backgrounds, moved them so they mixed and matched, then put them all together on the computer [because I don't actually have a source in real life for pictures of toads and flowers :/]
so photo collage.

would that go under the 'other' category?
because you currently have them under the hand drawn, which I think we can all agree with that it isn't hand drawn by any means o.o

or does the erasing/erasing on the comp cause it to to be categorized under digital?
because no other digital effects/enhancements were done on the piece otherwise :O

just asking so I know where to categorize for future pieces :3

and thanks to everyone for the votes :3

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Digital: Dragonoise
Hand drawn: Bomber7
Creative: Nakededede
Overall: Ic3r digital