• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Dragonic Reverse" -- Yoshi Can Wavedash!

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
I've never tried the CC, so I can't really help you there. Sorry
Okay, np.

What's ironic is yesterday I somehow managed to DR twice on 1x, BY COMPLETE ACCIDENT. Well, okay, so I WAS playing my cousin's Ice Climbers, and I'd kicked him off and I thought, "I got 5 seconds, I'll try DR a little", and I managed to do it twice using just the analog stick and X (I forgot to assign my control profile, so L was shield..)

I was more happy than when I first did Snake's DAC/mortar slide. lol

@ NC1-Pride / stocky - WTF man, are you a camper?! How is WAVEDASHING not useful? I rest my case.

__

Jump_Man.. is it easier to DR using the c-stick instead of A (especially if you plan a smash attack?) I'm not at the level yet where I can DR with left/right movement and it'd be useful to know the easiest methods. ^_^;

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
The easiest method to perform the DR is by using the C-Stick. You can easily use a tilt even if you use the C-Stick to initiate the DR.

Depster

Smash Champion
I'll get on the challenge with you and Shiri, Bigman ^.^ I'm trying to prove it to my nonbeliever friends =0. So someone wanna do some dittos and just practice doing combos with DR?

bigman40

Smash Master
Mac, I use the CC. I can easily say that it's the next best thing if you don't like using tap jump. I use X Y L (L as atk), and I'm fairly good at using it alot.....Although, I think I might need to use melee to warm my fingers up =P I can't do it well until I play like, 10 matches of brawl.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
You can use a DR whenever you're on the ground, even if you're running.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
It's not just learning the technique, but using it in a match as well. I'm finally getting to the point where I use the DR regularly in a match.

bigman40

Smash Master
He probably can move a little faster than normal since Yoshi only has the animation of him jumping initially to make the move work. So, I think your theory might be correct.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Right good to know. I just remembered how awesome Luigi's wavedash challenges were in Melee (I believe it was possible to keep up with the Big Blue track theoretically) and wanted Yoshi to have something of the same. Back to practice I go *takes bandages off thumbs*

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Lol, Luigi's wavedash was so awesome on Melee.

And lots of thanks to Scatz (That is your name right, Bigman? Everyone here calls you that. =/) and Jump_Man.

Yes, I do use tapjump, however my controller is basically wasted so I'm attempting to do it via L and X, and still trying to get the actual timing down, because my fingers don't understand what I'm meant to be doing (lol)

I just end up doing a lot of rising NAirs.. I'm not able to do it fast enough.

I'll get ahold of a CC (Annoyingly all three games stores here have stopped stocking them.. =/) and see how that goes. I'd heard from a few people the CC is more reliable and easier to use than a GC pad... I need a new pad anyway.

And probably someone to spend two weeks on MSN / online teaching me... xD.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I have a feeling the mods may have given up on the Yoshi boards.
*waits for mod to burst into this thread and prove him wrong*

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
lol

Yoshi boards needs new mods, no? ;)

ontopic: I'm willing to get a CC, Jump. Just as soon as I can a) find somewhere other than eBay to get one and b) get the respective monetary amount.

Like I've said fifteen million times (^^) my current pad's kinda broken. performing DR even on 1/2 is impossible, and if the CC is easier to use than a GC pad I'll get the CC.

(3,800 ft in HRC with me and my cousin's Yoshi ditto. woop me xD.)

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I should totally apply for moderator...ship.

Can you even apply to be a moderator? Seems doubtful, but it would be nice to clean up some of the garbage around this place now and then. 8)

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I think the highest thing you can apply for is the Back Room. To be a mod, you'll probably have to be a member of the site for at least 5 years.
We do need a mod that at least pays attention to these boards, though.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I think the highest thing you can apply for is the Back Room. To be a mod, you'll probably have to be a member of the site for at least 5 years.
We do need a mod that at least pays attention to these boards, though.
I noticed that I've been around longer than some mods, though. > >

Probably have to be a tournament director, have smash back room access at the very least.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'M GOING TO WIN MY BIWEEKLY WITH DR GUYZ WISH ME LUCK OH WAIT I DON'T NEED IT DR IS BROKEN

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL fellas, check this mess out!

I found this today and while it's not gamebreaking, it could help against some common characters including R.O.B., Links, and Wario, to name a few. I call it...

...The Dragon Dance Pickup Technique.

Well, the name is whatever you like it to be, I don't care. It should be pretty self-explanatory, but I will explain it later. It's not hard at all and is as simple as it looks. I just can't stay long because I'm at work. All pickups except the second one were performed with DR. Have fun. ^_^

D

Deleted member

Preeeety lame shiri, try again next year. LOL jk, looks somewhat useful. *is still to lazy to lrn2DR so still eats doritios*.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm trying to experiment with airborne projectiles and standing ones like Peach's turnips and R.O.B.'s gyro.

Imagine getting a flawless grab on the spinning top every time, haha.

Scala

Smash Ace
I will learn this in 1 month when I have a wii to practice on, until then I'll make do without.

Also, I could probably drag samuraipanda in here to make some cleanups. If yall can come up with list of things that need to be done so I don't have to tell him to figure it out on his own, that would be nice.

bigman40

Smash Master
Hmm.....so that's was what I was doing. Heh, thanks for that vid Shiri. I didn't know I was picking them up with the DR like that. You should be able to pickup items from midair since it takes certain timing to snatch it out the air.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: New way to beat projectile spammers?

Unfortunately, Peach doesn't need to throw turnips to beat Yoshi, or else this would start to swing the matchup in Yoshi's favor, arguably.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
If this can pick up those annoying Gyros, Bananas, and Link's Bombs, then yay, YOshi kicks more *** :p

Okay, I just tested it with Sallas09, and found out that Yoshi can infact pick up Gyros by DRing through them, but it's tough too pull off. I wouldn't recommend trying it in an actual match. Haven't tested out any other projectile though

Top Bottom