• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Dragonic Reverse" -- Yoshi Can Wavedash!

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I honestly couldn't even tell if anything was happening at all.

It looked ultimately useless, but I hardly spent the time studying it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: NOOOOO I COULDN'T WIN

Rogue Mario players FOR THE LOOOOOOSE UGH I wish I wasn't so ****ING BAD AT THIS GAME UGH

Bigman, it's up to you! D:

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I got some matches recorded during my online tourney so I'll be uploading them soon. Even though I was desperately trying to use it more often, I pulled it off a few times during some good moments. I made 9th in that tourney too, but I played horrible. Freakin SDs left and right >_<

Depster

Smash Champion
=[ well, Ima start using it in real matches whenever I think about it, so maybe I can snag a few online wins

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, I watched your matches vs bwett bigman. and saw some nice use of DR, keep it up and you'll truly be a force to be reconned with (more than you already are anyway)

D

Deleted member

Well, I got some matches recorded during my online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney online tourney so I'll be uploading them soon.
=[ well, Ima start using it in real matches whenever I think about it, so maybe I can snag a few online online online online online online online online online online online online online online online online online online online online wins
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CURSE YOU ONLINE PLAY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, i use the crawl thing in conjunction with dtilts, but i usually do a foward crawl dash, to give me a lil extra range on it.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
:yoshi: Handled?

Someone teach me how to beat Mario. :_:
Get him in the air. Grab his attempts to cape. Bait capes by whiffing egg tosses. Edgeguard him vigorously. Jab his fireballs. Pivot ETS his fireball aided approaches. NEVER DJ into his cape or you are screwed.

D

Deleted member

Burn....why don't WE see some vids of you then? Mr. OFFLINE PLAY.
Id rather not post vids of me playin HB, i suck in those =/ Also, stop drawing attention away from ur hopeless situation brought down on u by the state of georgia =P Handled?

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
I can barely do DR. Using the wii-mote and nunchuck, I'm finding it really hard to go from up to the A button, and i dont find tap jump on alogn with C to be workign all too well either. Can anyone with this controller use help me out? x_x..

bigman40

Smash Master
Id rather not post vids of me playin HB, i suck in those =/ Also, stop drawing attention away from ur hopeless situation brought down on u by the state of georgia =P Handled?
If you don't want to post your sucky vids then don't complain =P At least my online vids look good. XD

bigman40

Smash Master
As a basic standpoint, I can deal with the lag easily. However, there are alot of small things that mess me up constantly from the lag skipping my inputs. I'm just lucky that I can do the inputs knowing that my character will do it late (really surprised I can pull some spikes, and be spaced well).

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Just a question, what is SH? I saw it a few times while reading how to DR. Also, can you doublejump and then do a dair with the Cstick? does that work? Can't try right now. My wii is thousands of miles away.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've realized I play like the oddest Yoshi ever. XD The way I DR, use Grounded Dowm B's as my offense, and the way I just am overly aggressive.

Odd.

And Grindler, his vids do look great.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Kiwi, don't make the same mistakes I did!

If you lose, make sure it's to a good character!

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
If you lose, make sure it's to a good character!
Like Mario, right? :D

Nah, all these crazy Iowans tend to use a grab bag of characters. We have Lucarios, Zeldas, Snakes, Dededes, and virtually no MKs. Oh, and a bunch of Warios who hopefully don't know how to escape pivot infinites.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
How fast does the input have to be for dr? Is it to the point where it';s ungodly fast and you need to tapjump and hit y at the same time or is there another way to do it?

Bwett

Smash Ace
How fast does the input have to be for dr? Is it to the point where it';s ungodly fast and you need to tapjump and hit y at the same time or is there another way to do it?
Not to directly call you out, but people in general that glance over this thread. It's getting kinda annoying having bigman or someone else, because they are so nice about it, constantly repeating all the different ways of doing it and the timing. If people just took 3-5 minutes of searching they would find every bit of information needed for DR in the other pages, restated many times over. Come on guys =/ (But seriously, don't know you but you're cool lol)

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
It's gumshoe, I'm just too lazy to look through 22 pages of replies not involving it =/. It'd be easier just to edit first post or something. And yeah I saw the video.

bigman40

Smash Master
Then I don't understand why you are asking the question if you saw the video. I practically spoon fed people the directions, and I even said the requirements that makes the DR work. There's a little something called experimentation. I've spent more than 2-3 weeks figuring out what's best for almost each controller (except wiimote + nunchuck). You can look to see what works for you.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
sheeeeeeiiit... see? This is what happens when I take time away from the Yoshi boards to train MK, DDD, Peach, and Jigglypuff.

Now I'm a month behind in learning this tech.

*rolls up sleeves and flicks the Wii on*

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
well, just happened around this, 20 minutes later i can do it consistently.. but only in place XD
Hopefully soon ill be able to do something worthwhile with it XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
well, just happened around this, 20 minutes later i can do it consistently.. but only in place XD
Hopefully soon ill be able to do something worthwhile with it XD
It takes time. But the uses are situational at best. Comboing can be sexy with it...DR tilt combos are always nice.

I mainly use it for spacing offline. With tilts though, you don't want to decay fmash.

But then you can also use it for kills...love em. They are win.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
*has mastered the DR*

Anyways, I found out you can DR while shielding. I think it's useless, but someone might find some ground breaking discovery with it, I dunno

Top Bottom