• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonball: Evolution Trailer (More like Suckolution Failure)

Puddin

Smash Lord
That's absolutely true. I would be a little more outraged by the lack of Krillin if the movie weren't already so horribly butchered. With the characters and storyline as mangled as they are, it doesn't seem so awful that one (very, very important) character is missing entirely. If anything, Krillin is saving face here.
I'm sure if Kirillin had been cast out would be Verne Troyer. Disgusting thought really.

To be fair, he wasn't super sayin in Dragonball. In fact, I don't think the concept of sayins was even introduced until Dragonball Z.
Hooray they can cover it in the sequel!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
To be fair, he wasn't super sayin in Dragonball. In fact, I don't think the concept of sayins was even introduced until Dragonball Z.
Well, the Japanese Manga is not seperated into DB and DBZ it's just Dragon Ball, the anime added Z to the end for what ever reason(Think like the Naruto anime, Shippuden has been added to the end of after the time jump) and Viz added Z in the place the anime splits in the manga probably to reduce confusion. So Super Sayin was in Dragon Ball.

But anyways, dear God this looks awful.

K64

Smash Apprentice
You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to sit in a corner and cry. DBZ deserves better (i.e. another anime or CG).

M@v

Subarashii!
The only things good about that trailer:

The special effects.(The city blowing up reminded me of when Nappa smashed the city when they first arrive in DBZ)

Piccolo. I'm not going to lie, like how he looks. And the voice acting isn't bad for him.

But yeah, that's about it..

I guess its too hard to comprehend that piccolo's good self made the dragonballs. I guess that's too confusing for the producers. So they pull seven wise men out of their ***** to replace him.

I should go watch this movie, and execute it....while still in the theater.

Oh by the way, This was taken off of Vegeta's webcam when he first watched the trailer:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This movie is packed full of cliches. xD

Also, Piccolo looks like that person from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. qq

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO. I just watched the trailer.

Heck, I'll watch this for entertainment. Sometimes you just gotta sit back and enjoy the show. Sure, it has nothing to do with the original dragonball, but sure is a weird westernized twist on the characters. I don't care if people think this will be utter bullcrap. It's kinda like Ethan Hawke's modernized Shakespeare films. Really weird and totally astray from the originals, but watchable nonetheless. I can handle this movie's existence, can you?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LMAO. I just watched the trailer.

Heck, I'll watch this for entertainment. Sometimes you just gotta sit back and enjoy the show. Sure, it has nothing to do with the original dragonball, but sure is a weird westernized twist on the characters. I don't care if people think this will be utter bullcrap. It's kinda like Ethan Hawke's modernized Shakespeare films. Really weird and totally astray from the originals, but watchable nonetheless. I can handle this movie's existence, can you?
This exactly.

Puddin

Smash Lord
They might as well take every popular anime from the past decade and make a live action movie from it.

FullMetal Alchemist anyone? Al will not be a suit of armor, he will be a boy in a wheel chair. Ed will be Ironman.

I think this movie might be worse then Rule 34...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Never seen dragonball, I watched Dragonball Z when I was in elementary school but don't remember much of it and stopped before it finished, and now I think it's pretty ridiculous and stupid. I just watched the trailer, and despite not caring about the original series, I still find the trailer terrible. It looks really, really bad, and that's just from a movie perspective.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I just watched the trailer again and thought it was ****er then I did before.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It seems as though I have some sort of dysfunction. That, or extremely low expectations.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
When I go to this, I will block out everything I know about Dragonball...and just accept it as a cinematic adventure.
*sigh*
Chichi...I'm not sure if she was in the trailer, but *whistles*

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I haven't watched this yet, but I fear for how it will look, but regardless of how horrible it looks, my DBZ fandomdrives me to take a look at it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I haven't watched this yet, but I fear for how it will look, but regardless of how horrible it looks, my DBZ fandomdrives me to take a look at it.
My DBZ fandom tells me to show them how much they ruined it and to not go see it.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I don't care what anyone says, I'm seeing this movie! Despite the fact that they may have botched the plot, Bulma is kick ***, the action seems fast.

Now, for those of you who doubt Piccolo's presence. Goku apparently fought Piccolo when he was a kid, but since then, Piccolo's turned to good.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i have to see this. i can't help it. ): i've loved the dragonball series for far too long to ignore a hollywood film based on my favorite childhood cartoon.

also, here's the story behind piccolo in db:

the piccolo we all know and love in dbz only came around at the very end of db. in fact, the saga right before his appearance was focused on piccolo's FATHER (king piccolo, piccolo daimou), who attempted to control the world, etc etc. goku killed king piccolo (in an extremely badass way btw) and with his last breath, king piccolo spit out an egg containing his son...piccolo of dbz. his son eventually grew up (evil) and had a showdown with goku in the world martial arts tournament at the very end of db. goku won...barely...but piccolo survived and just retreated as goku started his family up. and the rest is dbz.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
i have to see this. i can't help it. ): i've loved the dragonball series for far too long to ignore a hollywood film based on my favorite childhood cartoon.
I must sadly agree. I won't see it in theaters though. It would be horrible to see a sequel.

X Shinigami X

Smash Cadet
I have gotten out of my fan-boism T_T now I recognize this as one of the WORSE series ever.... DBZ that is Dragonball pwns =D

Puddin

Smash Lord
now I recognize this as one of the WORSE series ever
Why? Because of the movie? Because this was a great series and the movie will be doing it an extreme disservice and set an example of exactly how terribly Hollywood can ruin a good thing.

iredecent

Smash Cadet
This is some how insulting on some level, i mean that really looks bad. It looks like It came from the director of dragon wars.

So is it me or do anime movies just get horse crap to fund them. It will be an interesting day when we invest as much time and money into maybe a live action of Gundam Wing, as they did with the Spider Man movies. This however has what is, "A snowballs chance."

Though for some reason my love for the series has compelled me to see it, and its poor attempt at the King Piccolo saga. i just pray that they don't add insultto injury by acctually leting sitin theaters.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
WTH is This stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????
They completely destroyed it!!!!!This is nothing! NOTHING!!! like dragon ball should be!
What kind of crap is that Chosen one stuff?And what is up with Goku!??? Thats nothing like him at ALL. And was that suppose to be the perverted Master Roshi???WOW
They really skrued this up. Nothing is right. They dont even fight right. And Bulma is nothing like that at all.
I dont even know what to say, they completely messed this up.

This is the biggest insult hollywood can give to fans.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
This has more fail than GT has.Please do not let such a great series like DB and DBZ end like this.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
The movie is gonna be bad, but im gonna c it to c how bad it is. They totally killed the kamehameha, can't believe they couldn't get that right. Piccolo has a sword?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
This looks really bad. My roommate said he's going to go see it because "it's dragonball", but I don't even think that's a valid reason to pay to see it. I'll wait for it to come out on HBO, then, if i happen to pass it flipping through channels, I'll watch it

Top Bottom