• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonball: Evolution Trailer (More like Suckolution Failure)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I recall the actor playing Chichi remembering how she watched the cartoon and how excited see was to be a part of the movie.

Wow.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I recall the actor playing Chichi remembering how she watched the cartoon and how excited see was to be a part of the movie.

Wow.
She also said the liked the way the directing was making it how HE saw DB, not how it actually was.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I dont think Ive ever laughed so hard in my life. Whats up with the random **** of all facts of Dragonball. It should just be put down as copyright infringement on all the names. Human made Dragonballs, modern times, disturbing lack of dinasours, not DBZ but Goku is still old, Roshi has hair and no beard. This makes me want to go back in time and never watch Dragonball ever. That might be the only way to make me not feel so dirty when I think about this trailer.

Puddin

Smash Lord
This movie is really just going to be either a comedy from how ridiculously lame and cheesy it is, or just plain depressing and disappointing.
If we're lucky it won't be as funny-bad as 10,000 B.C. but it will probably be worse.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Annoyed, but not surprised. Lets just hope people don't associate Dragonball with the movie... I'd hate to say to someone that I like Dragonball and for people to list off things about the movie.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
It's not going to suck. Suck is something around the lines of Batman & Robin (when placed next to the original batman and Dark Knight especially)...

Suck is along the lines of Link trying to recover back to the stage with a D-air happy Meta Knight.

I'll try to explain this as best as possible.

garbage > madcatz controllers > my bloody valentine > slavery > my chemical romance > the US economy > cancer > Satan > the dragonball movie

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Annoyed, but not surprised. Lets just hope people don't associate Dragonball with the movie... I'd hate to say to someone that I like Dragonball and for people to list off things about the movie.
Or worse, you tell someone you like Dragonball, and the person you're speaking to responds with "Oh yeah, I love that movie too! Isn't Goku's car *****in'?"

Crystallion

Smash Ace
They made it so bad on purpose. The more they screw up a series most people know or have heard about, the more people are ultimately going to see it, just to see how bad it is.

I'm not saying it is wrong, just that it works.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
They made it so bad on purpose. The more they screw up a series most people know or have heard about, the more people are ultimately going to see it, just to see how bad it is.

I'm not saying it is wrong, just that it works.
And, thus, Uwe Boll's filmmaking strategy is revealed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ROFL, what would be worse if they got a contract to make an American Cartoon based off the movie, like they did for a lot of other crappy movies in the past. (And some good movies, but most of them were crappy and the cartoon series was worse.)

pikamon

Smash Ace
Lol I remember the Mask cartoon...

This movie will suck. There's no doubt in my mind...but you know what? I'm gonna see it anyway simply because I'm betting it's going to make me laugh a while. The cartoon was great, but let's face it, it was corny at times, and that's why we all loved it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Lol I remember the Mask cartoon...

This movie will suck. There's no doubt in my mind...but you know what? I'm gonna see it anyway simply because I'm betting it's going to make me laugh a while. The cartoon was great, but let's face it, it was corny at times, and that's why we all loved it.
But not like this...

If it's going to be bad it might as well be bad and loosely follow the plot of Dragon Ball, but it chose not to. That's the "Directors vision of how DB should be" for you.

D

Deleted member

I've been reading DragonBall since release and I'd hate to see it end this way. Did you hear what the director said about Piccolo? In this movie he was initially good then he got in an arguement and was imprisoned for 2000 years. Seriously, what the hell?

pikamon

Smash Ace
I've been reading DragonBall since release and I'd hate to see it end this way. Did you hear what the director said about Piccolo? In this movie he was initially good then he got in an argument and was imprisoned for 2000 years. Seriously, what the hell?
That's Hollywood for you, though. They were trying to make Ender's Game into an all out action flick centered around a teenager. Now THAT is ridiculous (if you haven't read it, you should...). Naturally, the author refused to do it.

Hollywood does this crap all the time. They take ideas that are epic, such as Dragonball, and condense them into little 1 1/2 hour films that are supposed to appeal to a broad audience. They have to sum up the origins in about 15 minutes, and that always ruins things. Even the Lord of the Rings disappointing people (although I thought they were great).

Like I said, it'll suck (there's no doubt in my mind when I look at the actor playing Goku), but at least we can laugh and enjoy the absurdity.

And hey, at least it's not this! (click me)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
7 Earthling Mystics...? No no...Nemekians (Kame and Dende) created the Dragonballs.

Finally, the guy that plays Goku...just no. Goku is suppose to be one dimensional as far as being simple minded is concerned, plus he's suppose to be carefree.

This is going straight to DVD/Blu Ray in a good week. I'm gonna still go see it in theaters for a good laugh. XD

Aesir

Smash Master
All I see in this thread.

Irrational fan boys who don't understand the meaning of "Adaptation" and the fact that hollywood needs money, so if they made a movie to appease the unrealistic demands of the average fan they would lose money.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

Irrational fan boys who don't understand the meaning of "Adaptation" and the fact that hollywood needs money, so if they made a movie to appease the unrealistic demands of the average fan they would lose money.
Dude...it's Hollywood's job to make a movie and teaser trailer where the viewer cums himself a river.

Aesir

Smash Master
Dude...it's Hollywood's job to make a movie and teaser trailer where the viewer cums himself a river.
... No it's not.

I can think of a dozen movies with bad trailers that were actually amazing movies. It's Hollywood's job to make movies trailers are up to the someone entirely different. That's marketing's job.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
... No it's not.

I can think of a dozen movies with bad trailers that were actually amazing movies. It's Hollywood's job to make movies trailers are up to the someone entirely different. That's marketing's job.
Well maybe they should take notes from the virtuosos of making movies....the Japanese because clearly they know how it's done, and done right.

Perfect Example: Death Note Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6_6eNoQD4

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice

I don't understand your point. The trailers are showing that this movie doesn't even come close to resembling the anime, at all. How is it irrational fanboyism to be outraged at a complete debacle of a lot of people's favorite childhood show?

Also, I don't think Hollywood needs money.

Aesir

Smash Master
Well maybe they should take notes from the virtuosos of making movies....the Japanese because clearly they know how it's done, and done right.

Perfect Example: Death Note Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6_6eNoQD4
The Japanese are anything but masters of movie making. Don't down size Hollywood's ability to make a great movie.

I don't understand your point. The trailers are showing that this movie doesn't even come close to resembling the anime, at all. How is it irrational fanboyism to be outraged at a complete debacle of a lot of people's favorite childhood show?

Also, I don't think Hollywood needs money.
Because fanboys don't understand the concept of movie adaptation and the amount of financial loss that would come from producing a movie identical to the show. The same Basic concept is there, boy must save world toss in a quest for dragonballs and there you go. It just so happens the producers along with Toriyama decided to take a different rout then what we're use to see.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Makes me sick seeing this..no Krillin? =fail major character in Db.

And they have the whole storyline messed up..

pikamon

Smash Ace
This is a bit of a side remark, but it really seems like this Dragonball movie is the start of a series of live-action anime flicks. They are also going to make a Cowboy Beebop movie (starring Keanu Reeves) and TWO Akira films.

I guess Hollywood has used up all the good novels/comics/remakes they can, so now they're moving on to Anime lol

Top Bottom