• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Chis' 'Beat other characters pesky techniques'! Super effective! 13/1/09

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
You know...you could just ask me. I main Peach as well...

No she can't throw items whilst Floating and she can't catch them either. So remember, unless she stops Floating/Z Drops --->aerial re catch, Peach will be using her aerials when Floating even if she has a Turnip in hand

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hey guys I got a question how do you counter Lucas's Pk attacks epscially his PK Thunder?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hey guys I got a question how do you counter Lucas's Pk attacks epscially his PK Thunder?
Shield? Jump? Roll towards it?

It's a slow mover, so you can get around it most times.

You can also shield PK Fires as you approach Lucas.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
@ Chis : I started to do better against Rick's Peach when I stopped Usmashing and missing, and started utilting instead. Utilt is amazing, but no one uses it )': With it, if you miss it's less punishable than usmash because there's less ending lag. Utilt is disjoint anyway, it beats out so much stuff that you'd think it couldn't but people seem to ignore it. Space it right and it easily beats out dair/nair/bair.

@ X580 :

- PK Fire - Spinshot overhead => bair? Or you could just charge him and shield a lot.

- PK Magnet - You're screwed lol

- PK Freeze - If you get hit by this you should be feeling as embarrassed as the Lucas playing is feeling for using it.

- PK Thunder - Legitimate problem. Can't go wrong with just charging and shielding it as he tails you with it though.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
@ Chis : I started to do better against Rick's Peach when I stopped Usmashing and missing, and started utilting instead. Utilt is amazing, but no one uses it )': With it, if you miss it's less punishable than usmash because there's less ending lag. Utilt is disjoint anyway, it beats out so much stuff that you'd think it couldn't but people seem to ignore it. Space it right and it easily beats out dair/nair/bair.

@ X580 :

- PK Fire - Spinshot overhead => bair? Or you could just charge him and shield a lot.

- PK Magnet - You're screwed lol

- PK Freeze - If you get hit by this you should be feeling as embarrassed as the Lucas playing is feeling for using it.

- PK Thunder - Legitimate problem. Can't go wrong with just charging and shielding it as he tails you with it though.
Thanks for the tip.
Shield? Jump? Roll towards it?

It's a slow mover, so you can get around it most times.

You can also shield PK Fires as you approach Lucas.
After that he uses his throw any ideas?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
against ness, you do whatever you can to get that grab in, we have a release CG on him
lucass PKT is pretty annoying

infomon

Smash Scientist
If they're trying to whip you with the PKT, hit it on the head. HIT IT ON THE HEAD. You can use any aerial to do so (or ground attack I guess, lol), and with Sonic's speed you might even be able to punish the lag for using it.

If Ness is trying to recover with PKT, just hump into it lol... Or jump down and smack the kid for trying....... but the timing is reeeally tricky if you're not used to it; beware the PKT2 o_O

Tenki

Smash Hero
After that he uses his throw any ideas?
So? You shield the attack, dodge the grab.

In general, shielding should be your first line of defense against attacks, especially projectiles. It leaves you free to dodge if they try a second followup, especially a grab.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
So? You shield the attack, dodge the grab.

In general, shielding should be your first line of defense against attacks, especially projectiles. It leaves you free to dodge if they try a second followup, especially a grab.
That sounds good so the only thing I got to do is work on my reflex and timing they have been off lately...

SonicX580

Smash Lord
That's true about the spring but it's more recomemnded to try that on Ness because his PK thunder doesn't go through like Lucas's PK thunder.

Tenki

Smash Hero
If the head of the PK thunder hits the spring, the spring acts as an attack and it cancels out the PK thunder (for both Lucas and Ness).

The gimps that are unique vs Ness (don't work on Lucas) are:
- dropping below Ness and springing yourself into his PK thunder (risky, but funny when it works)
- dropping a spring in front of his PKT2 (body slam) - since it's a "single hit" kind of move, it slows down after hitting something once, so if Ness is really far off-stage, dropping it in front of his path will screw up/slow down his recovery.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the man that created Sonic the Hedgehog, got the idea for super sonic from akira Toriyama, the creator of DBZ.

so if DBZ sucks you think sonic sucks as well

you fail

kill yourself

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you only say that because you had that kid who killed himself as your avi for a week

@rooooy
GTFO my sonic boards *****.

DB/DBZ were amazing.
Gt was meh.

but if you dont like DBZ you dont like sonic, thats all there is to it.

p.s. naruto shippuden is pretty dang good.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah Dragonball and Z were so win.
GT should be called GTFO as in GTFO MAH GOOD ANIME SERIES!

They're making a live action Dragonball Z movie.

Discuss.

:093:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It's funny, because I've never been into any of this cartoony or anime stuff ever.

I feel so out of place D;

Oh yeah, on topic (?) lol :

I have trouble with Toon Links. The ones that bombard you with arrows and boomerangs, then as soon as you work your way through them, drop bombs whilst they're running away, then rinse and repeat. I mean good spammers though, ones that pick you out of the air from Spinshots with Boomerangs and such.

Halp.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I'll get an IRL pic for a day if everyone else does.

Mine will just bettet rbetter casue my hair is teal, I'm the closest to sonic/marth as you ***s will ever get

and i'm prety fcuking drunk.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
My hair's pretty sexy.

Not teal though.

ON TOPIC: I've never played a good TL so I honestly can't help you.

Top Bottom