• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downloadable Characters = DENIED

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
You guys are mistaking DLC for Downloadable Content..
Characters however are out of the question, stages is what we are getting and that's about it >_>

And this thread is about Downloadable Characters...
Content IE stages is different

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Where would you store the data on the disc?
I'm not sure on how expansion discs work but I guess its data would merge with Brawl's data in the Wii. Anyway, it's not like they're impossible. WOW and the Halo series do these kind of things all the time.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Uh... DLC literally stands for Downloadable Content. It's an abbreviation. Any gamer who has experience with X-box Live or other similar services know this... It isn't that hard to know.

Since when?
Since Sakauri said so, and I know DLC = Downloadable content

however DLC can also stand for Downloadable Characters...see what I did there?
Which is what this thread is about >_>

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
oh well can you imagine how unbalanced the game would eventually get? or you'd go to your friends house to play and he doesn't have internet so he didn't download you main. jeez bad idea from the start
The same thing could easily happen with unlockable characters. Say you went to a friends house and they didn't have mewtwo unlocked? Are you guys gonna sit there and play the required number of versus matchs/hours to get him? Or would bring over your system/memory/get over it?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
DarkShadowRage said:
Haha...I hope your kidding...
DownLoadableCharacters

Common sense dude...
Abbreveations can mean more than one thing believe it or not.
Obviously but that doesn't mean that the official abbreviation of DLC means Downloadable characters. People who think so are obviously idiots. DLC always and will always mean Downloadable content.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Obviously but that doesn't mean that the official abbreviation of DLC means Downloadable characters. People who think so are obviously idiots. DLC always and will always mean Downloadable content.
Whatever you say >_>
I'm not going to bother arguing with you..because we are about to argue over something incrediably stupid...which isnt revelent to the topic so..i'm dropping this with you now.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Whatever you say >_>
I'm not going to bother arguing with you..because we are about to argue over something incrediably stupid...which isnt revelent to the topic so..i'm dropping this with you now.
Well I'm right so just please leave the topic like a good ten year old kid.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Well I'm right so just please leave the topic like a good ten year old kid.
Why would i leave my own thread?
For the record i'm 20 years old.
Second I could careless about the "official" meaning of DLC so...your point? :)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Why would i leave my own thread?
Because your logic is bad and you don't deserve to be in it.
For the record i'm 20 years old.
Fooled me.
Second I could careless about the "official" meaning of DLC so...your point? :)
My point is, you are absolutely, positivitly wrong about DLC also being an alternative for Downloadable characters. The only meaning for it, official or nonofficial, is Downloadable Content. Period. That's a literal fact while you claimed otherwise.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Because your logic is bad and you don't deserve to be in it.

Fooled me.

My point is, you are absolutely, positivitly wrong about DLC also being an alternative for Downloadable characters. The only meaning for it, official or nonofficial, is Downloadable Content. Period. That's a literal fact while you claimed otherwise.
Lol, you crack me up dude, what else can you do? :)

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
Mate, if you've been taking DLC as "Downloadable Character" then, while it works, your misinformed. DLC is a term used across multiple platforms and has always meant "Downloadable Content".

When people were referring to Brawl and DLC they were not just talking about characters, but content in general.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Mate, if you've been taking DLC as "Downloadable Character" then, while it works, your misinformed. DLC is a term used across multiple platforms and has always meant "Downloadable Content".

When people were referring to Brawl and DLC they were not just talking about characters, but content in general.
Well I know that, I'm using it in a sense of Downloadable Characters >_>
Anyways we ARE getting content..new stages :p
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi05.html
However I was talking about one peice of content which was characters...soo yeah.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various10.html

I can do a lot of things, like proving ***** otherwise with their anti-facts and boneless-opinions.
Lol, you should be a comedian.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591

Darkslash

Smash Master
Jesus can we just get on the Topic that 2 new characters would e a waste of Memory blocks? I really don't Like Mewtwo or Roy Much :laugh:

*puts up Flame shield*

FLAME SHIELD ON

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Jesus can we just get on the Topic that 2 new characters would e a waste of Memory blocks? I really don't Like Mewtwo or Roy Much :laugh:

*puts up Flame shield*

FLAME SHIELD ON
Roy is a ****ing piece of garbage, but Mewtwo? C'mon, he's awesome and deserving.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Yes but it isn't denial like your case.
Lol? What am I denying? that DLC can't mean anything else but Downloadable Content?

I can use it however I please, and I trust an interview. I never said DLC wouldent be possible..but characters was already stated not to be obtained by downloadable.

We are getting DLC in the form of stages however that's all your getting according to Sakaurai...

I'm not in denial about anything honestly.
The fool is you, because you constantly still want to argue with me over the internet..and I'm just having fun with you along the way..it's great.

Please do continue to shove pointless responses down my throat, I enjoy them :)

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
STFU everyone
DLC=/= downloadable content =/= downloadable characters
I mean, those 2 are abbreviated as DC.
/me successfully draws flame

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
STFU everyone
DLC=/= downloadable content =/= downloadable characters
I mean, those 2 are abbreviated as DC.
/me successfully draws flame
hahaha ^ win

spindash

Smash Ace
I'd love to see people like Deoxic or Spitzer rip people like you apart, Luke.

Who here remembers the greats of *** kickin' from NSider? :p

I must say though, your ego takes the cake, Luke. It's kinda sickening though.

---

And to stay on topic?

I'm disappointed with the lack of Downloadable Content in the form of characters, but what can you do? Nothing can stop me from feeling great about this game regardless. Roy and Mewtwo are awesome, but the game itself is that much better.

Oh well. *shrugs*

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Lol? What am I denying? that DLC can't mean anything else but Downloadable Content?
Yes. That's like saying "your" and "you're" could be used interchangeably and have the same definition. It just isn't correct, and unless you're an illiterate ******, I suggest you try avoiding such silly and pointless things.
I can use it however I please, and I trust an interview. I never said DLC wouldent be possible..but characters was already stated not to be obtained by downloadable.
IGN also said many other lies that turned out to be mistranslated. Prepare to be disappointed if Roy and Mewtwo turn out to be DLC.
I'm not in denial about anything honestly.
About the meaning of DLC, yes you are.

The only meanings of DLC are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLC

Period.
The fool is you, because you constantly still want to argue with me over the internet..and I'm just having fun with you along the way..it's great.
I'm not arguing just looking down at a squabbling idiot who thinks he's actually success over me to cover the reality that he's losing very, VERY badly.
Oh?
From NSider?

Gahgahgahgahgahgahgahgahgahgahgahgahgahgahgah!
Don't even try to think about the size of my ego, it's too big for a normal person to handle, you must be an advanced human to do so.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591

---

And to stay on topic?

I'm disappointed with the lack of Downloadable Content in the form of characters, but what can you do? Nothing can stop me from feeling great about this game regardless. Roy and Mewtwo are awesome, but the game itself is that much better.

Oh well. *shrugs*
You where apart of Nsider? :O I was too. XD

Yes. That's like saying "your" and "you're" could be used interchangeably and have the same definition. It just isn't correct, and unless you're an illiterate ******, I suggest you try avoiding such silly and pointless things.

IGN also said many other lies that turned out to be mistranslated. Prepare to be disappointed if Roy and Mewtwo turn out to be DLC.

About the meaning of DLC, yes you are.

The only meanings of DLC are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLC

Period.

I'm not arguing just looking down at a squabbling idiot who thinks he's actually success over me to cover the reality that he's losing very, VERY badly.

Thing is...do I honestly care?

I find it funny how you constantly try to force me to see things your way...when...I could care less if you fell over and died right now. :)
I'll use DLC However I **** well please, and if it bothers you so much ...well too bad?

JoshuaAmaron

Smash Cadet

---

And to stay on topic?

Oh well. *shrugs*
I have to agree. Every post I see of his he's is being an ***. /ignores Luke Ahhhh... Brawl Boards are 50 times better already. It's people like him that really grind my gears.

Anyways... I'm actually kinda indifferent to DLC. If they added it, I guess it'd be alright. I'm not holding my breath though. I seriously doubt it will happen.

Darkslash

Smash Master
If you Guys are just gonna insult each other I suggest you take it to PM's and not Spam this topic. This is a suggestion and don't flame me please.

Flame Shield On

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Thing is...do I honestly care?
Obviously you do if you put enough effort to try to attempt to think that DLC means some imaginary definition of your's.
I find it funny how you constantly try to force me to see things your way...when...I could care less if you fell over and died right now. :)
Nonsense, I'm INVINCIBLE!!
I'll use DLC However I **** well please
Not when I'm around.

Top Bottom