• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downloadable Characters = DENIED

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
XD Then let me word it in a more practical manner. Roy/Mewtwo/the rest of the Forbidden 7...don't really care about them much. But if they were added into the game I would still get them because it gives me and my friends more choices when it comes to fighting each other. Otherwise, I'm content. Is that better?

Mewtwo is the only member of the Forbidden Seven that deserved to be in Brawl, so I don't see what the big loss is. Plus, we have SQUIRTLE now.

SQUIRTLE.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
The post that I actually read between you and Luke was just, you rubbing it in his face (that picture was kind of funny...), him cursing and name calling, both of you bickering and
"I'll stop being an idiot if you stop first!".

Besides, if you don't like my post, stop reading them. That's what I did for those pages you and Luke were **** storming about.
I agree. You and Luke are acting like moronic children, Wang.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I wish IGN had asked him about the cut characters, oh well.
yea me too
No DLC? Saw that coming.

But IGN could've asked why Roy, Pichu and especially Mewtwo were cut instead of improved...

I know it's a complaint, but there was a great fanbase for these three...
Yes, IGN has always had the "not asking the right questions" problem. They need to knuckle down and work harder for their news if they want to be the "best video game info site".

•Col•

Smash Champion
Except they aren't in the game now are they?
Didn't think so, every game has scrapped material in the code.
In this case it was scrapped ideas they decided not to put in the game.

I don't see your point?

The forbidden 7 have no revelance in this, sure things get planned out in the games.
Some things never make the cut, in this case these files where hardly messed with.
They didn't really go out of their way to put them in the game now did they?
If the characters where accessable through a hacking device and had fully rendered models and a move set and everything else and they just didn't put them in the game that would be a different story? But then again I didn't make Brawl so...yeah not my call on what the devs decide to do.

Trying to turn the Forbidden 7 on me was kinda of well..weak?
What were you trying to accomplish with that? :ohwell:
Well, your exact words were "If you are going out of your way to put in a character in the game, don't just think it up and not do it.", but they did go out of their way to make at least some of the character and they were supposed to be in the game at one point in time. The Forbidden 7 shows that there were characters that were made to be in the game, that is why it is relevant, even if they aren't in the current roster.

And anyway, what was I trying to accomplish? I don't really know... It just seems to me that you're trying to make up bullsh*t excuses for there being no cut content in Brawl as to not be labeled as a "douche", as Xengri put it... It doesn't really matter now, cuz you say you're not, and you're not going to admit to it regardless if you are one or not... -_- Still, that was my first impression, and it's probably not going to change. So, sorry, I guess?

And also, this just came to me, but a reason to complete a character but not put it into the game and then release it later as DLC is that everyone would go crazy. If a character wasn't on the game, but then was released a few months later as DLC, it would cause at least 10 times more of an impact on people. I'm not expecting downloadable characters or anything(As many are now), but you have to admit, if it did happen, people would freak out about it...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Even though DLC might not happen, expansion discs are a possibility. I don't know how likely but it can happen.

If you think about it, Nintendo would probably go with the disc choice. They want accessibility for everyone and this covers those that don't have online.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
He said "THINK". Still a possibility, just a very, very, extremely, drastically, LOW chance. People say you might as well not hold on, but miracles happen. Sometimes holding on can turn out to be the right choice... it's always the right choice, but people say it's not because you'll be crushed if you're wrong...

Yeah I never had my hopes up for it because it came as an after-the-game's release type of rumor that doesn't seem likely... and this is coming from a Roy fan. It'd be cool if he was a DLC, but I've accepted that he is NOT in brawl and by now having him in would take some adjusting to get used to as a fact :O *is using him in Melee right now* ;)

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I believe 100% that there will NOT be downloadable characters. But just for the sake of discussion, I'm going to bring up another things Sakurai said. Remember how he "Guesses he's just a prankster"? Remember Ness "Decomfirmed" I don't believe that there will be, but I'm simply bringing in some discussion topics.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Bahahahaha. pwnt.

Now can we get Sakurai to deny the ******** "cloud theory" so people will shut up about that too?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
And, for the most part.
The post that I actually read between you and Luke was just, you rubbing it in his face (that picture was kind of funny...), him cursing and name calling, both of you bickering and
"I'll stop being an idiot if you stop first!".
Well if you actually read all of it like any non-idiotic person then you know that isn't what we were discussing at all.
The funny thing is Ness was never actually deconfirmed.
By actual English definition and the usage of, yes, "Up until now" in the Lucas' moves update, it would literally say that Ness is out. Maybe it was a grammatical mistake, or something got lost in translation (which doesn't mean it's not translated accurately, the usage of "Up until now" in Japanese could have a different meaning than in the English language). Either that or Sakurai lied to us like he did with the two release dates.

Quite frankly, I really don't get why people think that IGN is confirming no DLC. What do people not get about IGN? They're idiots. They always **** up translations, are bad gamers in experience and tastes, etc. Really, I really and honestly wouldn't want to trust them and I suggest neither should ya'll because you're gonna be very very disappointed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ness ain't in Brawl...

...Give up hope, he'll never be in

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
I bet if Nintendo came out with a USB hard drive, then Sakurai would have DLC content in Brawl. But that isn't very likely to happen.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I think the characters are fine but I still would like to see downloadable songs and maybe stages... And stop telling off those with hopes, if they don't happen let them figure it out on their own and be dissapointed.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I think the characters are fine but I still would like to see downloadable songs and maybe stages... And stop telling off those with hopes, if they don't happen let them figure it out on their own and be dissapointed.
You're an Obama supporter, aren't you.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
*sigh* Some people on GameFAQs are STILL in denial...while majority of the Brawl Boarders have gotten over it...amazing..well not really but yeah me being a Brawl Boarder it's quite interesting.

espio87

Smash Ace
It is sad news actually. Mewtwo of all people, the most bad@ss pokemon, the one with the highest stats in the Pokemon saga after Arceus, one of the Forbidden 7 is finally deconfirmed. :(

There's something I hate about myself and that is to pick on small details. This statement makes me uneasy:
IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

The one thing that caught my attention is that he wasn't sure about the Wii's hard drive. We all know it exists, but he doesn't. A man in his position would have known, even if he wasn't working for Nintendo. I mean, he's a game designer after all, and one who decided to part ways with Nintendo and make games on his own. He must have studied the current consoles capabilities to know what he would be able to design. Still, that's a pretty strong "no" it seems but his reasons seem... a bit odd:ohwell:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Anyone that expected DLC was setting themselves up for this. No, there will NEVER be DLC for this game.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Just to point out one contradiction, remember this?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html
IGN said:
IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.
And now, with this recent interview, Sakurai basically says that he had a set plan for the third party characters and no others were in consideration. And to think, Sonic in Brawl wasn't on the cards in March which was just a few months back from when he was announced according to this.

Wut now?

This is one of the few examples of IGN's failures. I could point out a few more when I look for them but I figured this was the best example since it's more wellknown despite forgotten.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just to point out one contradiction, remember this?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html

And now, with this recent interview, Sakurai basically says that he had a set plan for the third party characters and no others were in consideration. And to think, Sonic in Brawl wasn't on the cards in March which was just a few months back from when he was announced according to this.

Wut now?
All that line meant was that Sonic in Brawl was not the subject.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
...if they said sonic was avaliable right then and there...why would they spoil it?

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
oh well can you imagine how unbalanced the game would eventually get? or you'd go to your friends house to play and he doesn't have internet so he didn't download you main. jeez bad idea from the start

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
oh well can you imagine how unbalanced the game would eventually get? or you'd go to your friends house to play and he doesn't have internet so he didn't download you main. jeez bad idea from the start
This person makes sense..
I agree :p

Top Bottom