• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downloadable Characters = DENIED

Black/Light

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the guy who I flamed in the first place. I used the term "you" in a universal sense. Never mind. And Sakurai did want voice chat in, but Nintendo wouldn't let him.

But it WASN'T his choice to leave out. He wanted voice chat in. Read the article.
Voice chat and CHAT are not the same thing. One, you directly talk to the other person with your voice. . .the other you type things out like with IM.

CHAT is in Mario Kart Wii, Sakurai choose to not do that because of insults and cussing and w/e for beginners. . .nintendo doesn't support VOICE chat right now but its not because of some rule they have, they will most likely get around too it. Just like they don't have a hard drive out yet. . . not because of some rule but because they haven't done it yet.

Voice chat and CHAT are not the same thing. One, you directly talk to the other person with your voice. . .the other you type things out like with IM.

CHAT is in Mario Kart Wii, Sakurai choose to not do that because of insults and cussing and w/e for beginners. . .nintendo doesn't support VOICE chat right now but its not because of some rule they have, they will most likely get around too it. Just like they don't have a hard drive out yet. . . not because of some rule but because they haven't done it yet.
But didn't Sakurai say that he would have wanted a keyboard implemented if voice chat wasn't possible? Wouldn't using a keyboard be chatting?

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone glad there's not DLC? I kinda am. I'll take the game as-is thank you.

Luigi player

Smash Master
There might be a sequel? That's nice! I hope it won't take them another seven years this time and that it's finished after maybe 2 years... and they should just add characters and stages or something...

Black/Light

Smash Master
But didn't Sakurai say that he would have wanted a keyboard implemented if voice chat wasn't possible? Wouldn't using a keyboard be chatting?
Here. . .
"In addition to all this a new Wii Channel, the Mario Kart Channel, will also be launched with Mario Kart Wii. Players will be able to monitor their ranking against others with data compiled from races completed online as well as also access and share Ghost Data to download. Why not see if your friends are playing by checking their status or even better still set up a room in which you can chat to them before a race starts? Players even have the possibility to join in on their friends races in progress as a spectator and jump into the race when the next course launches. Through this channel, users will be exposed to a host of new online features allowing them to join a community of racing fans from all over the world as well as participate in special worldwide events organised by Nintendo.”

http://gonintendo.com/?p=36107

Chat can be done. He choose not to do chat because maybe he fond it too hard or too long of a process to get into brawl but it's a fully possible thing. Not nintendo's fault that he didn't want to do the things he needed to to get chat in.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
this has gone on too long.
there are no DLC characters. deal w/ it. I have, i wanted DLC characters. :(
the topic has changed halfway through as well. It's talking about voice chat now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No DLC= not too bad
Almost sure no DS game=too bad :(
Maybe a sequel=good :)
Uh, Sakurai said that he's not going to be making a DS version of Smash Bros but, because of the sideways Wii-mote, a lot of people have seen the potential for there to be one. In other words, it could still happen but he won't direct it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm happy that there isnt any downloadable characters...what's your problem?

Am I not allowed to be happy?
I don't know, the fact that your laughing at other people's expenses is sort of a prickish thing to do. Granted, DLC was a longshot because of the Wii's lack of a harddrive and Sakurai's personality in general but you seem to be a little too happy about its absence.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

You saw it right here...right then.
All the speculation should stop now.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p2.html
^ source
I confirmed this info like six months ago.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I confirmed this info like six months ago.
That's nice, common sense actually confirmed it.
I'm just glad it's not happening :p

I don't know, the fact that your laughing at other people's expenses is sort of a prickish thing to do. Granted, DLC was a longshot because of the Wii's lack of a harddrive and Sakurai's personality in general but you seem to be a little too happy about its absence.
I'm not laughing at other peoples expenses, sucks for them actually.
But it's their fault for getting themself hyped up for something like this.
I was just hoping that it wouldent happen, it just didn't make sense to me for a game like smash.
And well, now it was proven it won't happen so therefore i'm happy about it.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Also it just sounds like to me, people think I should be sad about something they wanted..
Why should I? I didn't want it at all..
I mean it sucks for you guys, but the only people to blame for that is yourselfs for getting so worked up over this =/
I don't share your dissapointment, because I didn't set myself up for it.
If the characters where to be included they would have been completed..soo yeah.

Smash Ace
I figured it was false from the start. I only did because I take everything as a pack of lies until it is proven. You think I'm Doubting Thomas? you're probably right.

BTW, the Brawl Roster is *almost* PERFECT! the only improvements they could have done were brought back Dr. Mario and Roy.
=2007=

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Also it just sounds like to me, people think I should be sad about something they wanted..
Why should I? I didn't want it at all..
I mean it sucks for you guys, but the only people to blame for that is yourselfs for getting so worked up over this =/
I don't share your dissapointment, because I didn't set myself up for it.
If the characters where to be included they would have been completed..soo yeah.
What you are is foolish for being HAPPY about there being no DLC. At most you should be indifferent.

The competitive comunity will probably never use certian stages or items. However them being there is always better than them NOT being there because it affords more gameplay options.

If there was the opportunity to play rated online battles I would probably never use it. However, it sucks that it is not there because it reduces gameplay options.

If there was only one downloadable character ever and it totally sucked (like Pichu), I would STILL be happy, because there are Pichu fans, though few, and it represents more gameplay options.

More, even if the content sucks, is always better than less. Being happy about less makes no sense, and that sort of complacency condemns a lot of games to mediocrity.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I figured it was false from the start. I only did because I take everything as a pack of lies until it is proven. You think I'm Doubting Thomas? you're probably right.

BTW, the Brawl Roster is *almost* PERFECT! the only improvements they could have done were brought back Dr. Mario and Roy.
=2007=
Atleast someone else is also content with the roster.
I'm fine like it is, though the only playable I wish was added was Lyn, but she's an assist trophy and that's good enough for me. atleast she makes an appearence XD

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Geno. All it needed was some Geno love. If only Nintendo would buy Geno and Mallow, my god, all the Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Party and Mario Sports titles would be set. But they have to have their own games, of course. Or play host to a spot in a major Mario game. They will not become filler characters.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Pretty funny how you guys keep saying things like "Oh the roster is perfect, except for *character here*". Thus proving you're not completely satisfied in the same breath.

I never believed in downloadable content for Brawl, however not having it completely sucks and really it makes no sense to be happy for its absence.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pretty funny how you guys keep saying things like "Oh the roster is perfect, except for *character here*". Thus proving you're not completely satisfied in the same breath.

I never believed in downloadable content for Brawl, however not having it completely sucks and really it makes no sense to be happy for its absence.
It might mess up the symmetry of the character boxes on the selection screen, or force them to alter the already perfect size of the boxes. These things are pleasing to my eyes, I'm happy that they won't be changed.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
It might mess up the symmetry of the character boxes on the selection screen, or force them to alter the already perfect size of the boxes. These things are pleasing to my eyes, I'm happy that they won't be changed.
If you're actually serious, that's extremely frivolous. The selection screen isn't perfect, it has plenty of things to gripe about. Samus is in the "ancient character that havent had their own game for over a decade" column. Game and watch is hanging with Sonic and Snake and a bland Random box. It isn't pefect.

Ok, I can't believe you're serious any more that you wouldn't want downloadable content because it would mess up the selection screen. That's trully a laugh. Thanks for that.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591

I am satsified, becuase my favorite character Lyn made an appearence, so therefore i am happy.
Even if SHE DIDN'T make ANY apperence In the game i'd be just fine.
Luck was just on my side, that is all.

Besides
I only ever plan on using

Link
Pit
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Toon Link

Top Bottom