• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I want to do a DotA2 night next week, what day works for everyone? I'm thinking Tuesday Night

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wednesday night would be best for me. Tuesday Night I have class til 9 pm (MST).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Wed doesn't work for me tho :(

edit- in any case, i've taken over the lighthouse game night stuff, and things might be changing. I'll let you guys know when I know more. Until then, Friday is a PC night and Saturday is a Free Play.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be getting an invite soonish (this week probs). I suck, but willing to take non-iggy style criticism to get better.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I really don't get mad Dan, but I swear the combo of negative and positive reinforcement is good.

You did get some pretty intense negativity for getting a courier killed with a full orchid on it in HoN though. But to be fair, you said you were only moving the courier because you were bored.

But here's some rough starting points: Buy hp regen and small +stat items early, you pretty much always want to have a tp scroll on you(although not right at the start), if nobody on your team buys a courier because they're bad you should buy one, learn to use the courier.

Past that, you pretty much have the basics. Just don't be afraid to leave your lane, that's a really bad habit juan had from LoL. TPing to stop a gank/push with your teammates can swing games in early/mid game.

Miharu

Smash Hero
too bad they don't have something like the mentoring thing in hon

that + vent/skype is the best way to teach people if they actually want to learn (aside from playing on lan in person)

anyways id be down for some ih and/or replay viewing if anyone wants

Vyke

Smash Champion
So is Bane Elemental relevant? I haven't been keeping up for awhile. He doesn't seem very played.

Miharu

Smash Hero
nope

hes really strong in a 1v1 solo lane, but he gets absolutely crushed by any form of dual/trilane

also u have to rush bkb in order for ult to work in 99% of organized games

it'll probably be seen as a 4/5th pick in dota2 due to the small pool, but its barely even a fringe pick in dota1

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I really don't get mad Dan, but I swear the combo of negative and positive reinforcement is good.

You did get some pretty intense negativity for getting a courier killed with a full orchid on it in HoN though. But to be fair, you said you were only moving the courier because you were bored.

But here's some rough starting points: Buy hp regen and small +stat items early, you pretty much always want to have a tp scroll on you(although not right at the start), if nobody on your team buys a courier because they're bad you should buy one, learn to use the courier.

Past that, you pretty much have the basics. Just don't be afraid to leave your lane, that's a really bad habit juan had from LoL. TPing to stop a gank/push with your teammates can swing games in early/mid game.
oh god thats a lot of time gone.

But you guys are more than welcome to play with me. just know that you will be playing against higher level players because I'll drag it up a bit :X

edit: found out last night i can no longer hope to pubstomp anymore :(

4 games against snoopy,fogged,warden, and their friend in almost a row(had 2 games where it wasn't them) kind of showed me that :( I'm in an upper bracket and now i know it :(

Miharu

Smash Hero
i hate queuing with people who are in the upper mmr brackets, games take forever to find

had to wait 20~ minutes for one just now

game quality isn't even that good cuz my mmr is still a bit low from not playing enough (and playing with bad people)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
oh god thats a lot of time gone.

But you guys are more than welcome to play with me. just know that you will be playing against higher level players because I'll drag it up a bit :X
Yes it was a lot of time gone, and I have similar issues when trying to play with friends. Can get a bit frustrating when they're often pulled into games they can't really handle.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree. :<

Do you know of any databases I can use to look up information on the game? Until I get the key, I'd like to study the game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just had a good game against a few really good players. (Warden, Fogged, Fear, Tarano, and PeterPandam) barely came out on top but got a compliment on my qe invoker :D

but then they got *****y when i replied go home peter. (Which is what he would pause the game and say that to whoever he had just gotten a kill on every single time.)

:(((( why can't i trash talk back to themmmmmmmmmmm

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh dear GOD, Dr Kleiner as the announcer? TAKE MY MONEY!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You think that's a lot, one of my friends got access late November, last I checked about a month ago he had 470 wins. I forget how many losses but about 400 or so too, either way a silly amount of games played.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
K, so I'm pretty nub, but I'm willing to put time into learning this.

Add DanGRgaming on steam or DanGR is my ign or w/e. Not sure how friending people works in this.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Added you Dan.

The way you accept it is through steam. You can use shift+tab to get into steam from dota 2

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
But if you have your steam overlay set to shift tab, how can you check the scoreboard and walk in CS 1.6

DJRome

Smash Hero
anyone have an extra invite? we have a 3rd who wants to play but doesn't have any luck on getting one yet

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
anyone have an extra invite? we have a 3rd who wants to play but doesn't have any luck on getting one yet
let me talk to my friends and see if we have any left over

I've got 6 invites i can help people out with.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I have 2 more invites left if anyone wants any.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
ive got one more invite left if anyone wants it

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Did you sent one to Rockcrocks brother, because he still needs one.

Top Bottom