• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doom presents: A gdlk tournament - results 12/5/09

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Turnout kinda blew. This was fun as ****, though.

Low tier doubles (round robin due to lack of entrants)

1: Kai and Shadow ($40.00)
2: KirinBlaze and Ally
3: Inui and Atomsk
4: Izumi and ADHD

Low tier singles

Doubles

1: Ally and ADHD ($70.00)
2: Inui and Atomsk ($30.00)
3: dmbrandon and Shadow
4: Chaos Marth and PGN
5: Izumi and Doom
5: KirinBlaze and Will

Singles

1: Ally ($60.00)
2: ADHD ($30.00)
3: Atomsk ($10.00)
4: Inui
5: Will
5: Kai
7: KirinBlaze
7: J.G WentWorth
9: PGN
9: Daisho
9: Doom

I suck. :) Characters later, after KTAR.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion

Low tier singles

uhhh?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

Low tier singles

uhhh?
LMAO, allow me.

LT singles

1st: Ally
2nd:Kai
3:Kirin

not sure on the rest.

Vinnie

Smash Master
1: Ally ($60.00) - good stuff, nice seein you
2: ADHD ($30.00) - Your. jiggs. is. amazingly. hilarious. That match vs inui's ike was the funniest **** I've seen in a while.
3: Atomsk ($10.00) - fun friendlies, lol couch match.
4: Inui - Nice seeing you.
5: Will - Yay carpool, ggs in doubles
5: Kai - Thanks for some diddy help, nice seeing you.
7: KirinBlaze - yay carpool, ggs in doubles / singles, lol derp
7: J.G WentWorth - hi, nice seeing you
9: PGN - trip more
9: Daisho - Fun friendlies for like an hour lol.
9: Doom - ;-; next time let's play on a non tripping wii

and this is where I try to remember everybody that didn't enter singles x_x...

Izumi - Good times, good times..

Ether - Hi, nice seeing you

DM - I still don't believe that you're a minister... & you're not a bad guy after all :]. Fun RC set.

PD - Yay carpool, good music, ggs in endless friendlies & DUELIST, & crew battles, you got a lot better since the last time we played.

Chaos Marth - GGs in doubles, fun to team with you.

Shadow - Fun RC set, Ivysaur vs Zelda on RC was amazing.

Zucco - Hi, my name is Anthony Zuccaro and I just farted. lol nice seeing you. fun friendlies

I'm really really sorry if I forgot you, just lmk

MrsSaturnandWatch said:
Gnw is not viable :[
lol sure he is, I just got really discouraged after how I lost my first set and didn't much care :/. I'm not one to take a win away from someone though, so ggs regardless. I gotta get my wii fixed so I get back in the swing of things.

edit: omg I got roofed by tornado like 100 times ;-;, all of gnw's options for getting out of it require the tornado to be forced upwards which would kill me either way xD

Zucco

Smash Master
Zucco - Hi, my name is Anthony Zuccaro and I just farted. lol nice seeing you. fun friendlies
You aren't allowed to do the meme. Only respected members of the community can do it. and I didn't fart you nub, you just need to shower when you go out in public.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I was joking .____. uhhh, I took a shower that morning at doom's, I was the only one that did besides Inui, if I smelt at all you should have told me, I'm pretty sure I didn't though.

awkward

Zucco

Smash Master
Im feeling sick after this weekend, expect some overreactions but I wont back out of anything I say. lolz

gnight everybody.

daisho

Smash Lord
I had fun... got some nice snow driving experience in and got to play a bunch of friendlies :)

Also draft crews were insanely fun ... it's nice to have ally on my team :)
We should make them for more money next time though.

I was quite disappointed at the turnout but obviously that's nobody's fault... it was hilarious though... I got there and was out of the bracket in about 20 mins :)

Kai... your still alot better than me... I have work to do.

Will... you ***** me in the bracket... but was great meeting you and fun hanging out. You did really well in the stuff that I saw and also really fun friendlies at the end... wtf at my punch just being awful though :(

Doom... thanks for hosting, barely saw you the whole time though.

PGN... fun friendlying your secondaries for about an hour... and going even with them lol.

Zucco... sorry for beating you in draft crews lol... we played like 4 friendlies and they were all two stocks, idk how I beat you there (I guess probably yoshi's :) )

To all other people... it was a really fun atmosphere and even though I suck at brawl and can't go to any tournaments I had a great time :)

Zucco

Smash Master
I had fun... got some nice snow driving experience in and got to play a bunch of friendlies :)

Also draft crews were insanely fun ... it's nice to have ally on my team :)
We should make them for more money next time though.

I was quite disappointed at the turnout but obviously that's nobody's fault... it was hilarious though... I got there and was out of the bracket in about 20 mins :)

Kai... your still alot better than me... I have work to do.

Will... you ***** me in the bracket... but was great meeting you and fun hanging out. You did really well in the stuff that I saw and also really fun friendlies at the end... wtf at my punch just being awful though :(

Doom... thanks for hosting, barely saw you the whole time though.

PGN... fun friendlying your secondaries for about an hour... and going even with them lol.

Zucco... sorry for beating you in draft crews lol... we played like 4 friendlies and they were all two stocks, idk how I beat you there (I guess probably yoshi's :) )

To all other people... it was a really fun atmosphere and even though I suck at brawl and can't go to any tournaments I had a great time :)
lol don't say sorry. you beat me, and it was just for a dollar anyway. You aren't bad either, just keep improving.

Vinnie

Smash Master
@Daisho

I hardly ever use my main in friendlies, gnw gets really boring... ggs though. If you want advice, the only things I noticed that you can do is, watch your air dodges & change up your edge options.

daisho

Smash Lord
lol don't say sorry. you beat me, and it was just for a dollar anyway. You aren't bad either, just keep improving.
Thanks.

@Daisho

I hardly ever use my main in friendlies, gnw gets really boring... ggs though. If you want advice, the only things I noticed that you can do is, watch your air dodges & change up your edge options.
Thanks for the advice.

If anybody else has any advice I'm always open for critique and always appreciate it.

Oh, everyone thinks Will beat me in Crews. That didn't happen.

"1. a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together:"

Our crew, as a whole, won. Therefore I'm still positive with will.

For instance, if me and superman85 team against ultrabatman and terrybogardxx and superman85 does first, but I pull the win off. Superman still gets the set counted as a victory for him.

Take that to the bank.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Oh, everyone thinks Will beat me in Crews. That didn't happen.

"1. a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together:"

Our crew, as a whole, won. Therefore I'm still positive with will.

For instance, if me and superman85 team against ultrabatman and terrybogardxx and superman85 does first, but I pull the win off. Superman still gets the set counted as a victory for him.

Take that to the bank.
urgaybro

btwmortons

daisho

Smash Lord
uhh main MK! ROFLLL JPJP. DKs a solid character but needs a 2ndary for his bad MU's. you r def improving since our wifi sets on AIB haha.
I really should second MK for DKs bad matchups (he covers everything!) but I like playing DK way too much to switch. (Though when I play computers it's about even between MK and DK... so much fun 3 stocking level nines with metaknight).

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Diem go to more tournaments and teach me how to SideB KO like you do.
I ****ing suck at it.

Really fun weekend and thanks and enjoyed seeing/playing everyone again.
Thanks Doom for letting us stay Friday and Saturday Night.
I'll definitely come down again for another one.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It snowed ridiculous amounts up here. We get back to central Jersey and there's not a flake on the ground.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Lmfao, Diem, after truly meeting you in person, you are amazing. I don't claim that I beat you in anything, just that I got my revenge in crews =) You beat me in our MM, so good ****. You're definitely an awesome guy, look forward to seeing you at future tournaments. Maybe get another MM in to see if I fare any better against the infamous drill rush xD

Oh and Kai, I had my doubts before truly meeting you but you were actually a really cool dude in person, and the opposite happened to me in crews. After our MM, you ***** me on FD in crews with Sonic xD Good ****, looking forward to following up on our MM's as well. Until next time...

@Doom: Amazing house tournament was amazing. Thanks so much for letting us stay multiple nights, it was a blast. I can't remember the last time I had such a good time at such a casual smashfest/tourney weekend. I'm really looking forward to another one of these =)

-the cool Ginger

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Ally-A doubles, crew, singles, and Falcon God. You are truly too good. GG's

Atomsk(Trev trevs)- Always good seeing one of my best friends in this community. Thanks for being part of what makes these tournaments enjoyable. Btw, I got wrecked by Glads Sunday at the Yugioh event and got 3rd. I'm sick of those *******s XD.

Inui- Same as trevor except the YGO part. I hope the new hair stays, it's normal XD.

Will- Sir, it was great meeting you. You aren't a ginger, you just have red hair. It happens:ohwell:. Very well played in our matches. I feel I actually learned something during those matches and realized it's tougher than I thought but I still think Sonic has a slight advantage. Either way, it's not important. Cool dude right here^.(I cant get the arrow to point towards your name at the end of my sentence :()

KirinBlaze- Very tough Mario and a cool person at that. I'm glad you came and gg's. Hope to see you more often.

J.G WentWorth- Don't worry bro. I saw you trying to steal my songs during the matches. It's cool I'll send them XD. JK man. Great seeing you, and gg's.

Daisho- I'm glad you could attend, ya know, with your "rules":laugh:. GG's though. I hope you'll be going to powerplay next sunday. I'll see you there :)

Doom- Thx for hosting, and providing housing for me. It's greatly appreciated. I enjoyed your event a lot. It may be small but it's one of those events that just makes me appreciate the people that are there more than usual. We'll play more friendlies soon so Sonic shenanigans don't work anymore.

DM- < Cool guy right there. Always fun seeing you, and destroying you in Marvel. JK, not using the controller you're good with is like entering a Brawl event with a Wiimote. It didn't go to my head so no worries. Hope to see you next Sunday.

Ether- Amazing stages and good stuff bringing Naruto. It may be a crap franchise(to me) but I plan on trying the game out. Maybe it can be yet another game I enjoy at brawl events. I hope so.

The Zucs- Amazing commentary lmao. Your comebacks are usually funny but once in a while there something said or done that sticks with me(the beastiality comment to that loser a few months back). This event had one XD.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Doom - I had a ****ing blast, bro. Thanks so much for hosting and thanks as well to your parents for being so hospitable. Also your cat is way too good

Diem - OMG the funniest man aliveeee <333 You're amazingly awesome and I love seeing you, come to more stuff!

Atomsk - I'm sorry you have bad luck Trevor, next time just be sure to play on my Wii, tripping is ALWAYS off. Ily, see you soon I hope

PGN - I wish I beat you in crews but it was close! I need to practice that matchup more, good stuff either way. Also derp

Shadow - ily Nick see you soon I hope

Kai - actually pretty chill in person, good stuff in crews taking Will out! I thought we were done but you truly brought that shiz back (And Daisho of course). We should play next time

Daisho - I was pretty impressed by your DK. Amazing stuff in crews taking Zucco out.

Zucco - Falco's spotdodge rawrrr! XD next time we'll play and I'll keep up with your spotdodges, tired johns, good stuff though your Falco is pretty impressive. I also wanna take a shot at your Lucario as well, maybe mm next time? I'll get my SNES revenge! :D

J.G. - I didn't know you actually played competitive pokes XD I'll bring my DS next time and we can play, mad chill dude right here

ADHD - you're gay Wyatt. You know how to use those options, though! If only meatspin was on EVERY time you played Ally

Ally - whoahhh big surprise this guy won, obv. Always good seeing you, thanks for the support in crews

Will, Kirin - good **** of course, and see you both soon

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
ppl who play YGO, i have 1-2 formidable opponents for u guys. reply if your interested.
As far as I know the only people who play YGO who attended this event were Will, Atomsk, and myself. If you're referring to Kelvin and Cable, I'm aware that they know how to play lol.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Shoutouts.

Ally-good job in teams. I keep getting closer and closer ;)
Atomsk-it's not like I didn't give you credit for beating me.. you're good with everyone. Bulb thing ***** inui!!
Inui-get ***** by the bulb thing.
Will-awesome dk getting better.
Kai-YOU DON'T DESERVE A SHOUTOUT.. but i left you one anyway.
KirinBlaze-nice *** mario.
J.G WentWorth-sup.
PGN-hah get ***** by peach!
Daisho-sup.
Diem-that set on RC was GAY.
Doom-there were things i didn't like that you decided, but otherwise it was ran pretty well. It's unfortunate the turn-out was bad :ohwell:

Zucco

Smash Master
Shoutouts.

Ally-good job in teams. I keep getting closer and closer ;)
Atomsk-it's not like I didn't give you credit for beating me.. you're good with everyone. Bulb thing ***** inui!!
Inui-get ***** by the bulb thing.
Will-awesome dk getting better.
KirinBlaze-nice *** mario.
J.G WentWorth-sup.
PGN-hah get ***** by peach!
Daisho-sup.
Diem-that set on RC was GAY.
Doom-there were things i didn't like that you decided, but otherwise it was ran pretty well. It's unfortunate the turn-out was bad :ohwell:
THANKS FOR THE SHOUTOUT! jerk

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't say anything to get my attention. I'm sick of hearing the fat man complain to me that you're depressed after events and that it's somehow my fault(and other names you mentioned). I won't bother to communicate with you, I expect the same courtesy in return.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I have a good idea.

How about for one tournament, Kai and Wyatt pretend that there is no bad blood between them. They don't have to seek out conversation with each other, but just not respond to what the other says with rude comments and not have any preset animosity at all. Then, possibly, they'll see that neither of them is a bad person and learn not to hate each other. For every tournament this works at, they should try again until things settle down.

Sounds pretty fair, no? Not asking you two to be friends, but I don't like seeing two good friends of mine argue with each other and throw jerky comments around, whether it be to the other's face or behind their back. You both have your flaws and disagreements, but I don't doubt that you'll be able to tolerate each other.

ADHD

Smash Hero
THANKS FOR THE SHOUTOUT! jerk
I told you nobody will leave you shoutouts if you don't enter anything!

Doom, I never say negative comments to kai or mumble them under my breath.. I benefit ten folds from us not talking at all than he does.

Top Bottom