• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: Why Are These Still Called Don't Blink... Editon!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So abour chairs I'll look around so people can get a chair.

Kain, 30 dollar MM if i get my recorded set-up, much appreitated if ya accept Best of 7 in brawl. Probs will lose but i want garanteed vids if possible.

:phone:

ORLY

Smash Master
i'm gonna watch all these MMs and talk about how i have no idea what's going on in brawl

let the entertainment commence!

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Consist of only female playable characters who are dressed in scantily clad clothing.
Oversized boobs and hips.
Constant panty shots(on underaged girls too).
All playable characters are grossly fetishized (other than peacock, but her name is pea**** so close enough).
All of them except for like 3 are under the control/ownership of some other authoritative male character.

You should all feel bad for supporting this game.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Scanty clothing and oversized boobs/hips is something that's pervasive in pretty much every fighting game with female characters ever made. Hell most video games/movies/TV shows have that problem. That's more of a current societal issue than a problem with this game in particular.

The panty shots... yeah that's kinda bad but it still ties in with the above. Besides I think it's more for comedic effect in this game, most of the time anyways.

Saying that the characters are fetishized is a HUGE exaggeration...it's not like these character designers were trying to fulfill their sexual fantasies by creating a character that looks and acts like a cat. They created characters with themes so that they gameplay would be varied, such as fighting with your hair or commanding an arsenal of loony tunes weapons.

And I completely disagree with your last point... I actually found most of the female characters in this game to be refreshingly independent. The majority of the characters only answer to themselves. The few that don't are just following an archetype set by other stories in pop culture.

For example, Cerabella is basically Harley Quinn from Batman. She's a criminal who only became a criminal to impress her crush, a crime boss (a la Harley and Joker). The crime boss only gives enough affection to keep her coming back for more. It sucks for Cerabella/Harley, but it's more of a story of a fool in love than a story of a woman being oppressed.

Painwheel is just like X-21 from X-Men. She was experimented on as a child and was made into a killing machine, but deep down all she wants to be is a normal child. In other words, she's being oppressed because she's a child, not because she's a woman.

The only man Valentine answers to is a doctor, and that's only because she's a nurse and it's her job to assist the doctor. It's pretty clear that she thinks that he's quite beneath her as a person.

Anyways if you want to call this misogynist, then you'd have to call the Batman and X-Men series misogynist as well. Not to mention our entire medical system. Which may or may not be true, but I don't see you boycotting these.

If you think this game is unfair to women because the cast is all women... well, what do you want them to do? Add men? How would adding men to a game full of women make it MORE FAIR for women?

I don't like calling people out if they're trying to support women's rights, but boycotting this game because it's misogynist compared to other games is just silly. Might as well boycott our entire popular culture and live as a recluse. It actually might not be a bad idea.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
hope gio shows up so i can see how he'll fare vs bcow @ 64, id go to this for 64/melee toying.
id bring a 64, cube, 2 tvs and some chairs possibly, im not bringing EVERY-****ING-THING anymore though(comp/speakers LOL) unless ppl wants it
my hdd crashed from last tourney with all that Kels/falcon player footage though, no vids, guys were good too :(.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I think Fuujin might be Kennispam's online twin: he plays Zelda and I see the striking resemblance in attitude.

ORLY

Smash Master
Yo knitephox, if you're able to bring all that stuff, I'll help you bring it to and from the car. Recording set-ups are always nice.

Also: "that Falcon player" was me.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Misogynistic isn't the right word at all. Perhaps "objectifies women" is the word/phrase you're looking for.

On a related note, Sucker Punch is an awesome movie.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Yo knitephox, if you're able to bring all that stuff, I'll help you bring it to and from the car. Recording set-ups are always nice.

Also: "that Falcon player" was me.
Yeah ill bring it now, can stream as well.

Ppl bring music devices with a standard headphone Jack or usb to connect to my pc so we can have some tunes going

:phone:

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Scanty clothing and oversized boobs/hips is something that's pervasive in pretty much every fighting game with female characters ever made. Hell most video games/movies/TV shows have that problem. That's more of a current societal issue than a problem with this game in particular.

The panty shots... yeah that's kinda bad but it still ties in with the above. Besides I think it's more for comedic effect in this game, most of the time anyways.

Saying that the characters are fetishized is a HUGE exaggeration...it's not like these character designers were trying to fulfill their sexual fantasies by creating a character that looks and acts like a cat. They created characters with themes so that they gameplay would be varied, such as fighting with your hair or commanding an arsenal of loony tunes weapons.

And I completely disagree with your last point... I actually found most of the female characters in this game to be refreshingly independent. The majority of the characters only answer to themselves. The few that don't are just following an archetype set by other stories in pop culture.

For example, Cerabella is basically Harley Quinn from Batman. She's a criminal who only became a criminal to impress her crush, a crime boss (a la Harley and Joker). The crime boss only gives enough affection to keep her coming back for more. It sucks for Cerabella/Harley, but it's more of a story of a fool in love than a story of a woman being oppressed.

Painwheel is just like X-21 from X-Men. She was experimented on as a child and was made into a killing machine, but deep down all she wants to be is a normal child. In other words, she's being oppressed because she's a child, not because she's a woman.

The only man Valentine answers to is a doctor, and that's only because she's a nurse and it's her job to assist the doctor. It's pretty clear that she thinks that he's quite beneath her as a person.

Anyways if you want to call this misogynist, then you'd have to call the Batman and X-Men series misogynist as well. Not to mention our entire medical system. Which may or may not be true, but I don't see you boycotting these.

If you think this game is unfair to women because the cast is all women... well, what do you want them to do? Add men? How would adding men to a game full of women make it MORE FAIR for women?

I don't like calling people out if they're trying to support women's rights, but boycotting this game because it's misogynist compared to other games is just silly. Might as well boycott our entire popular culture and live as a recluse. It actually might not be a bad idea.
lol DLA....

I'm just trolling.

but srsly no housing?
Cause I may not go if there isnt.

Top Bottom