• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Don't be stupid on your way to MLG: A cautionary tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blissard

Smash Lord
In Pennsylvania, you just get a small fine and you go on. In fact, you can even haggle for a court case to remove the fine. So now everyone knows...you can speed anywhere you want, just not VA...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
they can stop anyone at all and claim they thought they might be illigal immigrants

Arizona Ftl. Be careful in that state too guys, cops pulling people over just because, that is some bad news. Think about it

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
they can stop anyone at all and claim they thought they might be illigal immigrants

Arizona Ftl. Be careful in that state too guys, cops pulling people over just because, that is some bad news. Think about it

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Somone got arrested in VA for speeding on their way to HERB 1. Don't remember who it was. I'm driving around VA from now on.
HERB 2, G$, Bill and M2k drove back to bail him out and held up teams.

EDIT:
Also

States Law varies from state to state, but detectors are generally legal in private vehicles under the Communications Act of 1934[20] and illegal in commercial vehicles by DOT regulation (49 CFR 392.71). Exceptions:

Illegal in all vehicles: Virginia, Washington D.C., U.S. military bases
Illegal in commercial vehicles under state law: Illinois, New York, New Jersey (specifically, commercial vehicles over 10,000 pounds (4,500 kg) and all vehicles over 18,000 pounds (8,200 kg) Also illegal in all commercial vehicles over 10000 lbs under US federal law
Prohibitions against affixing items to windshield - "obstructing vision"): Minnesota, California, New York
Repealed: Connecticut (repealed in 1992)

rhan

Smash Hero
Omfg... People never learn... I thought after G$ and me people will finally realise VA sucks *** when it comes to driving laws.

I pretty much got outta my ticket (I actually have 2 speeding tickets on my record and I only had to pay a fine for both). 1st was 94/55 and they tried to teach me a lesson. I did 4 hours in a holding cell and they let me go with a fine of 176$ and my license suspended for 6 months (lol). Second ticket was 62/45 and was taken care of before the first and it was only a fine of 85 bucks.[

But yeah. If possibly go around Virginia whenever you travel..

Edit: Oh if you guys are possibly wondering "How the **** did he get out of that so easy?"

The second ticket I was still a minor when it was taken care of (Also being the first ticket on my record it was pretty much a slap on the wrist anyway) The first ticket got drawn out until I was after 18. For that I told them my plan for the future (Which is joining the Navy). I had my Dad there who is an highly respected officer in the Navy. And I took a driver's improvement class.

Edit2: Also being half white helps too.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I aways imagine that a helicopter might land on your car and lift you up when you speed =P

Gea

Smash Master

Uh, What? I mean not saying it's never happened but you don't understand what's goin on there, do you? You can only be questioned (legally) about your immigration status if you get caught/pulled over for doing something wrong.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I got arrested driving through VA a few years back too.

96 in a 65, 3 days in jail for reckless driving.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea Man I drive from MD to NC (my home) when I get vacation from work and I swear I never go over 5 over the speed limit in VA (not to mentions its really ****ty traffic) VA does not **** around with speeding...I think it the highlight of Officers lives and I bet the tell tales of how they caught a certain person going a certain speed and sending his *** to jail...lol

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
I think this also shows you shouldn't drive fatigued, because then you get bored and speed.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
lol, and I always thought germany is bad when it comes to law, well it is, but at least nobody has to go to prison for speeding xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom