• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

donkey kong

Sangoku

Smash Master
Morgen was afraid of mario's dair right?

How would you recover against mario then? I don't think DK's invicible arms would be of any help. And does he have enough horizontal momentum to bait correctly mario (with left right movement as dan said)?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I find it pretty funny that DK is the longest thread in this forum.
B****es don't know about my Falcon thread.

Someone should write a guide on that sometime. I believe King Funk had one going? Should get a status update.

Off topic it's 6:20am in Australia and I spent all night playing Fallout New Vegas followed by the entire seventh season of Scrubs.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
/self narrative

Its 2:31 PM in New York and I really want to get fallout new vegas. Scrubs is the best.

I am currently watching a video in Spanish class.

I just ate some pumpkin pie about an hour ago. Mmmmm.

/onfalcontopic

I think boom was going to make/help make a falcon guide. I hope he does. His falcon is amazing.

/ontopic

Downb --> weak nair --> grab/uair chains is so good.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
donkey kong muscles are like marvin gaye's voice

so beautiful that it renders u into a state of false security then ur father kills u

dandan

Smash Lord
donkey kong muscles are like marvin gaye's voice

so beautiful that it renders u into a state of false security then ur father kills u
didn't he commit suicide because problems with his dad and not his dad actually killing him?

*time for wiki*

edit: never mind, i am dead wrong, for some reason i remembered it that way, wonder why.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
spike? are you kidding?

DK's usmash is one of the only moves that gimps off the top of the screen.

Reverse spike, DUH

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
yea i do reverse up smashes alot because the constant having to turn my screen around makes my guns grow pretty big

chicks dig big guns

and before u know it

ill be donkey kong RIPPED

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I know I said I was going to leave, but I feel a strange urge to keep up to date on this one thread. I am compelled to check it from time to time.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
B****es don't know about my Falcon thread.

Someone should write a guide on that sometime. I believe King Funk had one going? Should get a status update.

Off topic it's 6:20am in Australia and I spent all night playing Fallout New Vegas followed by the entire seventh season of Scrubs.
I'm doing a video guide atm. But you can (and should) definitely do a real guide on smashboards if you want. I'd help you out any time on it. =D

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm doing a video guide atm. But you can (and should) definitely do a real guide on smashboards if you want. I'd help you out any time on it. =D
Haha man... it's been a few years since I wrote a guide on anything. Honestly though I'll probably leave it someone more willing, I'm too lazy :3

Maybe keen bean Cheeseball will do one.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
my guide is better than his ok

just forget about that guy i am the supreme donkey kong guide overlord

The Star King

Smash Hero
Does it? o.o

I just Z-cancel anyway lol
Only Fair auto-cancels.
Ok, I'm getting the sense we have a different definition of "auto-cancel". I think I got this from Barwl, but I thought auto canceling means you can short hop an aerial and the lag will end before you touch the ground, so you get no landing lag.

I'm guessing your guys' definition of auto-canceling is you don't have to z-cancel, like Ness's dair. In which case, DK's Fair kind of does. If you land during the swing, you won't get landing lag. If you land right after, you will.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
The latter definition, Starking. And yeah, guess it does. I was just fooling around with it randomly and noticed it did not have any landing lag during the swing. Caught me off guard considering I had never noticed before.

Top Bottom