• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

donkey kong

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Bair lethal at 50%??

i dunno

Pikachu is prob his worst imo...kirby can be annoying, but not as bad as PIKA!

Replace yur Utilt with Uair (and some Utilt...) and you've got a champion super ultra DK owning machine!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I love how everyone is having serious match-up debates and hammerheart is just spamming random comments. As for platform drop uairs, I went into training mode and practiced the **** out of them in training mode (its so hard on kb) so Id say either me or star king have the best kb ones currently (we dont use configuration modifiers)

dandan

Smash Lord
nice way to decide such a thing without playing all the online kb players ;)
(not saying that mine is better, probably not :))

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
kuzinator is realizing the versatility of donger konger but pointing it out in his signature

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Kuzi is good at understanding...even the "versatility of donger konger"

Other then using UpB, Bair, and Bthrow all the time what other basics should i know about DK? Mines asinine and i dunno wtfux to do with it...

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
ahahahahaa i meant dk uair chains

hell no am i best kb player evr HELL NO lol.

I get ***** by kbs all the time: star king mahie r 2 that pop into my head.

For the amount of time i put into dk uair chains on dk i think i may b one of the best online with that

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I play well as DK, but Nintendude plays wtf well in DK dittos.

Best DK main I see online is Garuda, outside of when I see Boom or Nintendude use him.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
who cares about who da best is at wat

only thing dat matters is cool stuff like COMBOS

dch111

Smash Journeyman
this thread seriously lacks pictures of brown gorillas.

rpotts

Smash Lord
very first one, come out in front of him and above - hits away and forward,

then normal swiping spike hit box that spikes downwards and somewhat away, as he flips over,

Then last box that spikes downward and behind him. as he's completely flipped over.

Any of the boxes can reverse it seems though, check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BwkaAGEpyk#t=1m17s

ballin4life

Smash Hero
very first one, come out in front of him and above - hits away and forward,

then normal swiping spike hit box that spikes downwards and somewhat away, as he flips over,

Then last box that spikes downward and behind him. as he's completely flipped over.

Any of the boxes can reverse it seems though, check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BwkaAGEpyk#t=1m17s
So it has to do with how early in the animation the hit occurs rather than the positioning?

Olikus

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong lacks hype! Can someone analyze a DK ditto or something? Or some new tasty combo from the ape. I need daily Dk information!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
How about the dair or fair into techchase down b to big punch.

too legit.

Of course, if you are playing puff you just need to fthrow to punch.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I made a commentary on DK dittos.

But I'm not good with DK and the commentary was pretty much about the Giants winning the world series lol.
analyze a dk ditto? just fthrow into something, and upb a lot.
boom summed it up very well lol

up-b is an amazing edgeguard too
How about the dair or fair into techchase down b to big punch.

too legit.

Of course, if you are playing puff you just need to fthrow to punch.
Now we're getting there. And keep em coming!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also works on Pika, Kirby, and Mario. For those, you have to fastfall briefly after the fthrow.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys normally do to get back on the stage since DK's recovery is so easy to edgeguard. And since DK's aerials are so laggy how do u guys edge-guard and avoid being edge-guarded

ballin4life

Smash Hero
edgeguard with upB all day.

How to get back depends on what character they are and what they're trying to do. If they're just trying to fsmash or fair your recovery, then you want to stay low, go for the edge, and make sure your invincible arms take the hit. If they are trying to spike you then you should probably go high and not let them get above you.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman

How to get back depends on what character they are and what they're trying to do. If they're just trying to fsmash or fair your recovery, then you want to stay low, go for the edge, and make sure your invincible arms take the hit. If they are trying to spike you then you should probably go high and not let them get above you.
how would you avoid not getting edge-guarded or spiked by Falcon?
I tend to have trouble since he's a combo king to begin with
he jumps high
and god his edge-guarding is amazing IMO against DK at least

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Pulling back ever so slightly when making your way to the edge with DK's super long recovery does a surprisingly good job of out-lasting attacks, and if timed right, will allow you to grab the edge right as their attack "runs out".

dandan

Smash Lord

going high is almost never a good option, as it leaves you so vulnerable after the upb ends, usually you want to go low and try to bait them with left right movements and using the invincible arms.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it's alright at low percentages because nothing'll knock you so far back that it's unrecoverable

it's also ok if you land on a platform quickly, eg dreamland's top one - even better if you cancel it, but it sucks when you slide off and fall helplessly to the ground :\

dandan

Smash Lord
it's alright at low percentages because nothing'll knock you so far back that it's unrecoverable

it's also ok if you land on a platform quickly, eg dreamland's top one - even better if you cancel it, but it sucks when you slide off and fall helplessly to the ground :\
is it alright, maybe, is it preferable, i don't think so.
there are many arguments for choosing to recover low, you can also look at the hitboxes for an upb, and see that you have much less of a surface area to be hit from above (while the arms are invincible) than from below.

Top Bottom