• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

donkey kong

Quote720

Smash Cadet
I think you are getting more technical. DK takes more thinking to be just as good.
Falcon can rely more on reaction, whereas DK has to think ahead, since he's not fast enough to punish by simply reacting. The learning curve, imo, is steeper with DK than falcon. Dk's combo's are simply harder to master.

If you just keep playing, doesn't matter what character, you'll understand spacing better, and will recognize some habits people may have faster than you do now. This is when the thinking comes into play.. If you know the enemy, there's a million ways to counter it. At that moment, DK might even become your best character =P
I am inspired to actually main DK. You're totally right, and I've always known it.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I am inspired to actually main DK. You're totally right, and I've always known it.
DK rocks dude, and I'm trying to see if there is a way to continue his chaingrab after somebody manages to escape it.

Quote720

Smash Cadet
Good way to practice DK tech - charge a punch, stand on one of the side platforms on dreamland, run off, change your direction with a cancelled charge, double jump, and land on the other side platform.
Damn, I can't make it to the platform when I do manage to make the jump. DK tech is haard.

firo

Smash Ace
Good way to practice DK tech - charge a punch, stand on one of the side platforms on dreamland, run off, change your direction with a cancelled charge, double jump, and land on the other side platform.
More DK tech practice:

1. Charge punch > grab ledge > drop down and double jump > two donger turns (turn around with cancelled punch) > regrab ledge
2. Charge punch > run off dreamland ledge > jump > donger turn > up air > land on side platform
3. Charge punch > stand below dreamland side platform > short hop > donger turn > neutral air > land on side platform (this one is tough)

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
HI NERDS

So since I love you all DK mains

I compiled a list of his invincibility moves
they are each 1-3 frames long
UpSmash (Hands and Head)
Down B
Up B (Starting)
Fully charged Neutral B
Up B (After Start) (On his Hands) (While Jumping)
Cargo Hold
FThrow
Bthrow

love u kisses

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i have decided i will be doing a dankey series as well! \^o^/

Yoshi-Fan GM

Smash Cadet
I've had fun lately with DK's dash attack. Albeit slow (I think the slowest and laggiest of all), it can stop a Falcon Kick and still gives you time for a grab -> throw. Also for mindgames with fast-fallers -> chasing -> grab (or another dash -> chase -> grab).

But still a very risky move, tho.

Top Bottom