• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

donkey kong

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
da DK thread

in dis thread u will be talking about donger konger and donger konger only do i make myself clear

ok

donger konger is a very versatile character with a very versatile moveset that really exhibits his overall versatility as a character. his uptilt is a very versatile move taat is versatile for edgeguarding and it is versatile for combos so this makes it a very good move

his up b is a good move too very versatile

as is his down b is a very versatile edge guarding tool and u can also use it as a spotter dodger

as u can see there is 1 frame of invincibility use that to spotter dodger

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Can his dash attack connect to a combo? Seems impossible
Dash attack can connect if the opponent lands into an upper platform and you chase him I think?

BTW DKs down+b is so special i love this move, its different from any other move and has a surprise factor

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
His down B is awesome on DreamLand against heavies as it sets them up perfectly for a uair combo at the right percent.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
HIS dash attack can combo is hit at the last possible second and then they land on the platform above.

I actually use this alot to get them on the DL platforms to start UAIR COMBOS

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i like doing uair into fair it makes me feel really powerful because i am a weakling irl

Battlecow

Play to Win
Any advice for mashing out of the fgrab? I can't do it. I just can't. I try so hard...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Inorite dat shieldstun so cool. And like... The feel of it, numsayin? so BOOM and then all YEAH.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
whenever i land a usmash by predicting someone jumping over me

this picture captures my thought process perfectly

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Upsmash tech tech chases when someone is about to land on the Dreamland platform above you is also cool.

A late nair > DSmash looks super cool as a taunt.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
sometimes when ppl are at a weird angle u can use side b to turn around and use nair since it points up and every1 knows that when something points more towards upwards it means u are gonna win

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Which match up is the worst for dk? and why also pls
I would have to say falcon. Just because of the way falcon can approach dk well and has very good combos on the big ape.

Fox is also good because of his combo abilities

Link is good on larger stages because he can spam boomerang and bait his approach really well (of course his recovery limits him from being the best match up against anyone).

and of course pika. because of the fsmash

all in all i still think doug is the best against dk

dandan

Smash Lord
pika's fsmash is not that great vs dks who bait it out.
you should instead go on garunteed moves that will hit his recovery from the top so not to give even the slightest chance for his hands to nullify the hit.
i would say dair or uair from above works really well.
i do agree that pika vs dk is probably the hardest, even moreso as dk tend to rely on gimps and it is hard for him to gimp pika.

smakis

Smash Ace
falcon combos dk very well lol, and can start his bnb combos way earlier than pika

dan is right though, he can't gimp pika like he can gimp falcon

NixxxoN

Smash Master
DK is soooo combo dummy for Falcon. If DK is hit once by Falcon, he should be dead unless DK has hax DI

Also, DK's down+b to giant punch on Pikachu... It kills pikachu at very low % like Ness, and both chars are sent at the same height by DK's down+b

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Go into training mode and try to combo DK. It doesn't work unless you do fancy stuff.

DK gets out of hitstun really quickly. The only simple combo that works is fthrow usmash uairs upb but you can't actually get that many uairs, and that only works at 0%.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
At Hyrule I tried (for example) fthrow > fair > upsmash > uair uair uair uair up+b --> this should be more than 110% and an edgeguarding situation for falcon, and depending of the stage situation you can do uairs to dair and kill him
At dreamland... lol, each combo is a kill for falcon, but dk can gimp well too... its all about who hits the other first

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i believe DK's worst matchup is Kirby, can you do anything vs. LOL up tilt except for D-air? Mario or Falcon next

or fox possibly on Hyrule if Hyrule only.

On dreamland? Kirby followed by Falcon/Pikachu.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wait what

Is that a joke? I don't get it.

DK's worst matchup is probably kirby in my book, followed by pika. He doesn't have any truly awful ones AFAIK. And he's not really a combo bag for Doug; other Dougs or Links are much easier.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
it is not a joke that is a very versatile combo i do it almost daily in my donger konger rounds

so who else thinks dk's bair is a good alternative taunt

who else flexes during a move...

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
falcons dair just looks like hes having constipation while standing up it is not cool like dks

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
In dreamland Dk has the best combos of the game, take your oponent to 30 (Floaties) or 50 (Heavy) to a platform, then Drop and uair (Without jump, is a little hard to do) and then SH and do again a Uair, then repeat , this can take a LOT of practice to do, but it can be a 30 - to death combo XD

Or a grab + jump + f trow + Gioant punch is a goo option too XD

EDIT: Lol battlecow, dk has a GOOD Matchup against kirby, a bair with 50 damage is a goodbye for kirby

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
XD that is my favorite combo felipe XD

XD yea dk is a good match up vs kirby i mean kirby is such a noob lol xD!

Top Bottom