• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo's MK is insane. INSANE.

Irow

Smash Ace
yaaaa, or at least playing very defensive and shielding the entire time >_<
I used to hate fighting Falco, now it's just funny!

Thank you Plank, you've showed me a new level of gay. And I was lucky enough to see it in person.

My Metaknight is a confused one. Sometimes it's hyper agressive, sometimes I'm hyper-Planky.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
****! Santi is one hell of a Toon Link...He makes it to the finals only to be destroyed by Dojo's godly-awesome/Broken (Take your pick) MK!
Thats kinda Tight haha

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol my tag is strictly from mine and Santi's team name "Broken Arrow"

Although it still comes from the basic fact that MK is "broken" and Santi is an arrow beast and the name is sicknasty, it wasn't just to point out the fact he's broken. I feel there has to be a way to beat him. Even at this level and levels higher.

Although **** near impossible for low tiers, I feel that other top, high, and even mid tier characters will have a chance against him once they get they're metagames as evolved as his has gotten.

Santi played M2K taking him to a close 1 stock match with TL! Santi's managed to learn the matchup and his own character well enough to come close to beating the world's best MK. I don't see him losing to many other MK's in tourney if they're not M2K, Azen, Forte or a few select others. This should be able to happen soon enough with other characters as long as people keep pioneering them and allowing they're metagame to evolve. My 2 cents, whether false info or not, it's how I feel about this situation.

dieslow

Smash Ace
lol @ ^

MK is a tier above the rest of the cast, brawl is going to pretty much evolve into MK dittos if you want a chance in winning tournaments. Sure, MK is beatable, but great MK's are only beatable by another MK.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
How does losing to Roy make you bad? Roy is AMAZING. Best in TX. Now that he is back in form, it will be extremely hard for anyone to beat him.

Dojo, everyone know that you are amazing. You need to stop being so hard on yourself.

dieslow

Smash Ace
he isnt BROKEN, but has the ADV against the whole cast and can't really be counter-picked. Of course the metagame for every char hasnt evolved fully yet, but the way it's going it looks like tournaments are eventually going to be

1st MK
2nd MK
3rd MK

RoyR's marth is a good example of the evolving metagame for marth vs MK, good stuff!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you miss dojo's point

it's that MK isn't as broken as you say, it's just everyone, including a vast majority of good people, all use him and practice him a lot, so he takes many top placings
yeah, character selection or not, md/va placings look almost exactly the same in brawl as they did in melee

Dojo

Smash Champion
My point exactly. I understand I'm good. I'm not being hard on myself. That guy said only another MK can beat another MK.

Roy beat me. And I'm a good MK. That disproves his point right there.

Plank post what you said about the placings, in md/va in the tactical thread about his banning. It's still the same. It always will be unless somebody gets truly amazing. No matter what characters gets banned the great players will always be the great players.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, lol. We had a low tier tournament and Chu and i (whos mains were banned, mk/kirby) got 1st and 2nd whereas 3rd and 4th were two other GOOD but not ELITE players, who both main low tier characters that were allowed (diddy/olimar)

i just think it's silly that people lose to players who are clearly just more talented than them, and then blame MK for the loss.

dieslow

Smash Ace
let me clarify:

You will be at the disadvantage if ur not using MK against an MK. ur not guaranteed to lose, but being at a disadvantage at high level play no matter what character u choose is pretty ridiculous.

Who really wants to see brawl evolve into MK dittos?

Although i can see Marth vs MK evolving into a 50/50 matchup, we'll see though.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
chillin that's only because he did ledge camping like a ***got

eggm lost to 2 sets to plank because of sheiks up B ledge camp after getting a lead

and jigglypuff can do that too. Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it's not super broken and extremely easy to do

when Forward was playing King at OC3, King was ledge camping him, forward stopped in the middle of the tourney match and said "That's all you have to do" and King responded with "Yeah it is", so then since King isn't gay, he finished the match by fighting instead of ledge camping.

what I just said is true and forward told me exactly that about a month? or so ago.

but ya ledge camping to win when you're ahead is really dumb, good thing no one else would resort to that

edit - to the above poster, matchup experience is very improtant, just look at fox vs jiggs, if fox doesn't know how to do it, he loses/gets *****, despite him supposedly having a big advantage, and this was even at the END of melee's life

dieslow

Smash Ace
M2K your talking melee, a much deeper game.. if brawl had **** grab combos then MK wouldnt be so God Tier.

Fogo: ur clearly not playing great MK's if ur beating them with D3.

just a thought, imo falco can do well against MK too, lets hope people can evolve his metagame to make the matchup against MK closer.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i 2 stocked forte many times with ddd, in tourney, over 3 sets, back when he got like 2nd at those tourneys and beat azen/chillin many times, i 2 stocked omni in tourney, i 3 stocked plank long ago in a random friendly, atomsk beat forte in 3 MMs, and beat omni 2-0 in tourney. There is some proof that DDD does fine vs MK if you play smart, although MK has a clear advantage.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
how about when a more talented player does lose to a less talented player because of MK? such as... when i lost to you
then i guess you should use a different character besides falco and do something besides chaingrab, shoot lasers, and do random smash attacks for kills. falco has a weakness to someone chilling on the edge cuz it takes away his weapons. theres tons of characters that have no issue getting around edgecamping, and i dont really see edgecamping as even worth it vs anyone other than falco.

and either way that was just one set, ive beaten you in a set in melee before too when i was worse. i think a part of you deep down just actually must enjoy losing to people worse than you

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Fogo: ur clearly not playing great MK's if ur beating them with D3.
I've taken sets from every MK i've ever played besides M2K. Last saturday i 2 stocked DSF's MK, the day before that i beat Dojo in a set (he got me back in tourney lol), I frequently 2 stocked Lee the best player from LA who won that gamestop tournament and just placed 3rd at HOBO 11 right under M2K and Azen, and it came down to last stock when i played M2K.

You clearly have never seen a good D3 play.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i recorded 1 friendly where i 3 stocked him, to keep for myself, but i told him i wouldnt put it online

the tourney set wasn't recorded, i think both games were 2 stock mid% or maybe low/mid, yoshis story and something else, and we had 5 random friendlies, like three 2 stocks and two 1 stocks I think? maybe the other way around, or something similar, but he beat santi much worse than I probably could. That's all I actually remember. I didn't record my matches with Azen either, even though I beat him pretty badly in the MK dittos this time. I regret it, I was just afraid that 1) I would play really bad since it's recording, since that is what always happens and 2) people will copy my MK stuff, making MK banned sooner which is stupid

Edit - Fogo wow, so I guess you agree with me that MK isn't as good as ppl think then lol. I constantly won tourneys with DDD before changing mains, and often at the end of tourneys I do better with DDD

I used DDD At the end of Fast, several matches near the end of fast, an entire set vs seibrik in FL, vs Azen's lucario, DSF's Snake, and many other people, just to make it easier for me. I decide to stay MK now for the experience, since MK is so much better than DDD in teams especially and I wanna win both events whenever I can.

CO18

Smash Hero
fogo: lol D3 just gets wrecked by smart, tornado-abusing MK's. don't act like u dont know this.
Just because all the D3's you play suck dont mean ****.

Fogo is a very good D3 and just because he knows how to stomp mks dont mean u gotta be hatin and crap.

I beat 98% of the mks i play with d3.

player skill > char.

Learn 2 play.

Edit: D3's bair doesnt always go through. I do agree a nado spamming mk is much more difficult to beat then a non spamming mk.

DDD has quite a few moves that break it, its just not always applicable if the mk is smart with nado.

I win majority /go even with the best and 2nd best mk in the state who are farrrr better than this other mk that wins majority vs me that I lose to mainly because hes like the best nadoer ever and its annoying. LOL

i think he goes into training mode and practices nadoing for 2 hours and countering the counters for nado

Ulevo

Smash Master
Just because all the D3's you play suck dont mean ****.

Fogo is a very good D3 and just because he knows how to stomp mks dont mean u gotta be hatin and crap.

I beat 98% of the mks i play with d3.

player skill > char.

Learn 2 play.

Edit: D3's bair doesnt always go through. I do agree a nado spamming mk is much more difficult to beat then a non spamming mk.

DDD has quite a few moves that break it, its just not always applicable if the mk is smart with nado.

I win majority /go even with the best and 2nd best mk in the state who are farrrr better than this other mk that wins majority vs me that I lose to mainly because hes like the best nadoer ever and its annoying. LOL

i think he goes into training mode and practices nadoing for 2 hours and countering the counters for nado
Bair is very effective at breaking through the upper corners of the Tornado due to how huge his feet are. If the Meta Knight attempts to drag Dedede upwards with the Tornado, Dedede will drop and Bair him if he attempts to do it again. Weaving the Nado is usually the best strategy to not get punished against Dedede, but FTilt will catch the Meta Knight on the retreat, and it isn't really worth it since it will do minimum damage unless he is dragged upwards.

One of the exceptions to this is platforms. Platforms kill a lot of Dedede's ability to fight. Fighting Zelda has to be the worst experience ever on platform stages such as Lylat Cruise. I'd imagine the same principle applies to the video with Inui and Atomsk. Although both players made a lot of horrid mistakes in that video.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
fogo: lol D3 just gets wrecked by smart, tornado-abusing MK's. don't act like u dont know this.
Or they can get utilted all day, or i can shake out and footstool > dair and pull them out of the nado, or i could drop bair, or i could dtilt them.

I've dealt with the best nado spammers, and most definitely did not get wrecked.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Or they can get utilted all day, or i can shake out and footstool > dair and pull them out of the nado, or i could drop bair, or i could dtilt them.

I've dealt with the best nado spammers, and most definitely did not get wrecked.
You've not dealt with the best nado spammers til u've fought me and kingace!!

dieslow

Smash Ace
Fogo, you do agree that MK has the upperhand on D3 though, amirite? im not hating on u or ur D3 at all, my point is MK has the adv against everyone.

i dont know how long its going to take, but eventually people will realise that using MK is the most efficient way to win tournies.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
have u ever even entered a brawl tournament??
lmao

You've not dealt with the best nado spammers til u've fought me and kingace!!
I can't wait to see what it's like lol

Come to think of it, i haven't seen you spam nado much

Fogo, you do agree that MK has the upperhand on D3 though, amirite? im not hating on u or ur D3 at all, my point is MK has the adv against everyone.
Yeah i can agree with that fully.

Top Bottom