• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who Mafia: Night 1 Begins! Deadline is set for the 31th at 0400.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure my lack of conviction is what everyone had a problem with before.

I know I don't want someone trying weird lying gambits late game.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
since riddle sucks at life, im gonna have to post stuff

omg there are so many pages =[[[[

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
DEHF: Voted me for lying, though he never explained how my lie was bad for town.
You've giving town a reason to lynch you, this will give scum the advantage if you truly are town. You've attracted attention to yourself and have taken some of it away from other players.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Hida may not mind, but I'd like to know you're reasoning to labeling Hida town.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
omg dehf yur falco ***** (in melee)

omg ff, since yur clear and all yu shud join our hydra. but yu know just kinda never talk to us outside of the game but still be 100% sure that i'm town and you can trust me =D !
Oh and btw I totally endorse being biased against hydras. Any questionably playing/inactive hydras need to be mega vig fodder in the early game.
boo

Sorry I don't feel like writing a whole essay on the most obvious of scumtells.

:059:
Don't be dumb.

Eye think Pythag's been relatively pleasant this game in the posts that I've read. I don't know if I would support a Pythag wagon over, say, a Dark Yoshi one at this stage
If you found pythag relatively pleasant why did you say you 'don't know' whether you'd support his lynch over someone like dark yoshis. If you didn't think he was scum, why not be certain that you wouldn't support his lynch over dark yoshis? This is nitpicky and I know you probably can't answer this becuz if you were town it doesn't really have an answer other than it was just how you decided to phrase/stylize what you wanted to say. But I that bothered me.

I think both tandora and pythag made posts talking about their bias against hydras and how killing them earlier on might be beneficial is important and I think we should come back to that later on.

I agree with dark yoshi being scum but the fact that so many others do too makes me wary. I think he should die today anyways becuz its a large game and getting rid of scummy players even if they may not be scum is good.

I liked pink sasquatches posts about gheb.

vote: kuzmaru

I would proxy ff's votes if i don't feel strongly about my own.

why do people keep referencing the pink panther? Am i missing something?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Pythag - you accused me of having a weak case when I voted on page 6, three pages into the game. I wasn't saying you have weak cases (at that point, you had none), but that it wasn't possible to have a strong case at the point in the game where I voted. Seriously, find me a game with a strong case on a scum player <120 posts into the game.

The proxy vote thing was suggesting that town nominate a scummy player to surrender his/her vote to FF for the day. As I find you scummy, I would like you to be that player. As I was a leading wagon at the time, I was recognizing and accepting the possibilty that town would choose my vote and forestalling the inevitable "So will you let FF have your vote?" question. Since it was only a suggestion and no action had been taken, my vote was still my own and I used it accordingly. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

Your justification for the DY vote sucks, especially since your vote put him at L-1. You're misrepping me. You, good sir, are scum.

@ whoever asked for my position on DY - Lying is generally scummy, I don't see why scumDY would point out his lie instead of shutting up about it, though, so I don't think that's enough to make DY scum (certainly anti-town, though). He hasn't stuck out in my mind as much as other players. I'm pretty sure I posted some of this before, but I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Riddle's most recent post sucks big time. He advocates policy lynches on hydras instead of scumhunting, contributes no content, makes no comments on existing wagons - and then essentially random votes. IGMEOY.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
what are you talking about? I said 'boo' to ffs wanting to lynch hydras, so no I don't advocate policy lynches on hydras. There is content. I talked about the dark yoshi wagon, and i voted without a reason so what?

anyways, i forgot to mention that I agree with FF about smargs scumminess
OMGUS? nahhhhhh

Dark Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Rendering your arguments invalid (DH/Kirbyo hydra)
Look at YT mafia. X1 was cop and he lied TWICE. First, he claimed to have a N0 guilty on swiss. This led to a bad reaction from kuz, which in turn led to a swiss lynch. Second, he claimed that he had information that the grape lady was town. He was just using this as a trap: Anybody who claimed it was scum trying to appear confirmed town.

...well, I'm assuming he was lying about these things

I'm assuming he was anti-town in that scenario?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why else am I scummy, Gheb? If I'm your second highest suspect out of a game this large, there must be other reasons, right?
Considering how many concrete suspicions we have at the moment, I find your reason to vote Pythag incredibly vague. Can you really say his lack of substantial input is the scummiest thing going on right now? I'd find it hard to believe if you told me it was. Especially since certain other people have hardly given us more to work with - why is Pythag more suspect for you than Hidajiremi to whom the same accusation applies just as much? I think there are other people who fit that category because there are people in this game I can hardly remember making any input - what has kuzmaru contributed so far?

Gheb & Kat: Voted me for treading lightly on FF proxies. Legit points, had I actually been supporting it.
That's absolutely not what I voted you for. Are you serious? I actually was the one who brought up the idea of a newbie proxying his vote on Frozen ... why should I vote you because of that?

Don't be dumb.
Speak for yourself:

I liked pink sasquatches posts about gheb.
Who's being dumb?

Unvote

Tandora

Smash Rookie
why do people keep referencing the pink panther? Am i missing something?
I believe that is the nickname they are using for Pink Sasquatch. =p

Look at YT mafia. X1 was cop and he lied TWICE. First, he claimed to have a N0 guilty on swiss. This led to a bad reaction from kuz, which in turn led to a swiss lynch. Second, he claimed that he had information that the grape lady was town. He was just using this as a trap: Anybody who claimed it was scum trying to appear confirmed town.

...well, I'm assuming he was lying about these things

I'm assuming he was anti-town in that scenario?
IIRC, even the mod of the game said that was a terrible gamble. And although it happened to work, that doesn't make it a good strategy. X1 lost a lot of validity (at least before the actual Swiss flip, I only read part of the game) and a lot of time was spent debating how valid his claims were.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag - you accused me of having a weak case when I voted on page 6, three pages into the game. I wasn't saying you have weak cases (at that point, you had none), but that it wasn't possible to have a strong case at the point in the game where I voted. Seriously, find me a game with a strong case on a scum player <120 posts into the game.
The great thing about this quote, is that you're wrong, about SO much.

YOU accoused ME of having a weak case.
Pythag - Weak cases are all you can get three pages into the actual game. I like you you, also, have yet to really do anything. Note how Pythag has this long post about me/PM/Swiss and yet doesn't take a stance on any of it.
so likewise I could turn around and say exactly as you did, which is "find me a game with a strong case on a scum player <120 posts into the game" Except there's another kicker, as my first post was 260.

The proxy vote thing was suggesting that town nominate a scummy player to surrender his/her vote to FF for the day. As I find you scummy, I would like you to be that player. As I was a leading wagon at the time, I was recognizing and accepting the possibilty that town would choose my vote and forestalling the inevitable "So will you let FF have your vote?" question. Since it was only a suggestion and no action had been taken, my vote was still my own and I used it accordingly. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.
So you get to have your cake and eat it too? Make an off handed comment about giving your vote away to placate whoever was figuring you were scum, and at the same time you get to leave your vote on someone?

Your justification for the DY vote sucks, especially since your vote put him at L-1. You're misrepping me. You, good sir, are scum.
hahaha ORLY?
LaL is terrible justification? Since when? We aren't all on the same page, we all didn't know what he was doing. Since you guys seem to refuse that I don't even know what to do.

oh, and you are totally misrepping me. Stay classy, Scum. I found you.

@ whoever asked for my position on DY - Lying is generally scummy, I don't see why scumDY would point out his lie instead of shutting up about it, though, so I don't think that's enough to make DY scum (certainly anti-town, though). He hasn't stuck out in my mind as much as other players. I'm pretty sure I posted some of this before, but I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.
so, lying is generally scummy....check.
you don't think he's scum though, but he's certainly anti-town?
These are terrible reasons to vote for someone?
Please continue to talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can be with the majority in thinking (or at least SAY you're thinking) that Dark Yoshi is against town...yet continue to have your vote on me?

Good lord you're scummier every post.

Riddle's most recent post sucks big time. He advocates policy lynches on hydras instead of scumhunting, contributes no content, makes no comments on existing wagons - and then essentially random votes. IGMEOY.[/QUOTE]

And your most recent post sucks even more.

unvote
Vote : Smargaret

I think I'd rather see you lynchd now. Gah. I wish could lynch two people.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
I admit I misread Riddle's stance on hydra policy lynches. I've never understood slang. That point is retracted.

Response to pythag coming in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Pythag - your 289 - I can't seem to get the quote working properly - makes it seem like you think I have a weak case. Thus my response, that it's not possible to have a strong case on page 3 of a game (disregarding the first three pre-game pages). You hadn't even looked at the thread on page 3 of the game, so how could it possibly be referring to you?

Lying is scummy. Sometimes town does scummy things. Simple as that for DY.

X1-12

Smash Champion
The posts in "Wheat" are from community. For reference Gheb, Gboy and I were all town in that game. I know it sucks there is loads of quotes but you need to see them to understand fully what I'm getting at.

I'm not going to spoonfeed the game to you. If you can not see the obvious you are the one who fails. Also, I have just pointed the parallels themselves out and you still don't see it. Further proof that you didn't actually read at all and just pretend to know more than you actually do.
Again, idioticy is a subjective interpretation of a playstyle. Overswarm thinks that Macman only writes nonsensial posts. Does that make him an idiot? He has a great scumdar so I still consider him a good player. Every player has his flaws and it's the job of a good town player to not paint him in a bad light for it but to look beyond that.
In the first post, you are essentially calling me stupid, not only did you turn around me saying "You have failed to do this" into "You fail (Generally/at life/at this game)" which is quite a large jump (Gheb talks about synonyms here) but saying that someone "fails" is straight up discrediting them/painting them in a bad light. Something which you have explicitly said should not be done as town. Not only is it scummy to paint other players in a bad light, using it to discredit people who are attacking you makes you look even worse. You do exactly that to Dr. Riddler here after he says he likes my posts against you:
Speak for yourself:
Who's being dumb?
Now I'm gonna pull up a great example of TownGheb being helpful and pro-town from community.
Nobody is really defending him.
What does that tell you?
It tells me that EVERYBODY thinks he's scummy. And the only way to get him out of the hole that he's in is claiming. If somebody hammers him before he has the opprotunity to, then it happens.
It tells you way more than that. You just don't look at it close enough.
If nobody defends you, then nobody has a problem with you dead. Where are Vrael's assumed scumbuddies? Are they bussing him this early? I don't think this is the case to be honest, which makes me rather think that his wagon is scummy than he himself.
Gheb's general attitude in this game is completely different, from community we see helpful and non-confrontational, he doesn't even just say the reason, he tried to get gord to understand it by walking him through the thought process. Once he explains it all he does so well and gives good reasons. In this game however, we see no helpful actions from Gheb, he is attacking strongly one of the weaker players, he makes unhelpful, confrontational and sarcastic/snarky/underhand posts. Gheb's defence against his meta is that this is a large game, something which is true, but does not explain why your playstyle would be drastically different. You have also tried to explain that your game play is different because community was full of newbies, when this game includes: Dark Horse, Kirbyoshi, Smargaret, th3kuzinator, Ranmaru, July, Terywj, Joey who are all newer/less experienced players, as well as DEHF, Hidajiermi and rPSI who are not DGames regulars either. Even if you lump the hydras together that is 8 playerslots out of 18, almost half of the game.

Now before anyone says "I don't believe in meta". Firstly if you think that then you're an idiot, secondly you can take all these points disregarding previous games. Gheb is unhelpful, Gheb is confrontational. Gheb attacks players and paints them in a bad light, not just generally but also does it defend himself against what they are saying or to discourage them from continuing attacking them. Gheb is super scum and should die toDay

Unvote
Vote: Gheb

The Pink Sasquatch

Smash Rookie
uguuuu
The posts in "Wheat" are from community. For reference Gheb, Gboy and I were all town in that game. I know it sucks there is loads of quotes but you need to see them to understand fully what I'm getting at.

In the first post, you are essentially calling me stupid, not only did you turn around me saying "You have failed to do this" into "You fail (Generally/at life/at this game)" which is quite a large jump (Gheb talks about synonyms here) but saying that someone "fails" is straight up discrediting them/painting them in a bad light. Something which you have explicitly said should not be done as town. Not only is it scummy to paint other players in a bad light, using it to discredit people who are attacking you makes you look even worse. You do exactly that to Dr. Riddler here after he says he likes my posts against you:
Now I'm gonna pull up a great example of TownGheb being helpful and pro-town from community.
Gheb's general attitude in this game is completely different, from community we see helpful and non-confrontational, he doesn't even just say the reason, he tried to get gord to understand it by walking him through the thought process. Once he explains it all he does so well and gives good reasons. In this game however, we see no helpful actions from Gheb, he is attacking strongly one of the weaker players, he makes unhelpful, confrontational and sarcastic/snarky/underhand posts. Gheb's defence against his meta is that this is a large game, something which is true, but does not explain why your playstyle would be drastically different. You have also tried to explain that your game play is different because community was full of newbies, when this game includes: Dark Horse, Kirbyoshi, Smargaret, th3kuzinator, Ranmaru, July, Terywj, Joey who are all newer/less experienced players, as well as DEHF, Hidajiermi and rPSI who are not DGames regulars either. Even if you lump the hydras together that is 8 playerslots out of 18, almost half of the game.

Now before anyone says "I don't believe in meta". Firstly if you think that then you're an idiot, secondly you can take all these points disregarding previous games. Gheb is unhelpful, Gheb is confrontational. Gheb attacks players and paints them in a bad light, not just generally but also does it defend himself against what they are saying or to discourage them from continuing attacking them. Gheb is super scum and should die toDay

Unvote
In case it didn't count:

Unvote

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Votecount 4

Dark Yoshi [5] - Gheb_01, Chuckie, DEHF, Teryble Doom~, Nabe
Pythag [4] - Smargaret, Hidajiremi, Swiss, Hilt
Smargaret [1] - Dark Yoshi
Swiss [1] - Peach Monster
Gheb_01 [1] - The Pink Sasquatch
Kuzmaru [1]- Dr. Riddler

The Pink Sasquatch [0] -
Hilt [0] -
DEHF [0] -
Tandora [0] -
Peach Monster [0] -
Hidajiremi [0] -
July [0] -
Chuckie [0] -
Teryble Doom~ [0] -
Dr. Riddler [0] -
Nabe [0] -

Not Voting[4] - Tandora, July, Kuzmaru, Pythag

With 17 Companions alive it take 9 to lynch.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Gheb, being a **** is unnecessary. Well atleast if you're a **** and don't actually explain what the issue with pink's posts are. His posts were legitimate; being a **** in and of itself isn't scummy but him saying that it's not representative of your townmeta is a completely legitimate point and is grounds for discussion. tbh idk how much I agree with x1 cuz I've seen gheb be ****ish as both town and scum, but his posts still are legitimate especially since he gives evidence to back his stance.

My issue is that I hate when people withhold information because they think the majority of people should 'get it'. No reason being elitist in such a form since it's completely anti town. Why not spoonfeed the game to people? What's wrong with that at all? Does it hurt town in anyway? Instead of saying pythag and pink need to learn to play mafia, why not explain what theyre doing thats stupid and indicative of that?

When you refuse to explain your thoughts on something because it should be obvious, the question whether you completely understand what you're saying comes in to play.

So like i said, don't be dumb.

Anyways
Dark Yoshi should probably be the play today. I read through the game and I'm not even completely sure what he lied about, can someone explain that for me? Anyways, I think since I think he's scummy and since alot of others do too, that he is easily a prime candidate for a d1 lynch.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Has J been around in general?

And, anyone whose played with Kuz, is he generally more active?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Did you confer with your other head on that drivel at all? Because I cannot imagine J supporting that at all.
No I didn't confer with J, I also don't appreciate you calling my posts drivel, I've pointed out Gheb being intentionally antagonistic despite knowing that town should not do that, that is scummy.

The Pink Sasquatch

Smash Rookie
No I didn't confer with J, I also don't appreciate you calling my posts drivel, I've pointed out Gheb being intentionally antagonistic despite knowing that town should not do that, that is scummy.
gahh, me again.

@Dr. Riddler: J hasn't posted, I've barely spoken to him about this either. Kuz is usually more active, I remember as his scumbuddy in Soul Calibur I had to keep pestering him to make him post.

Swiss

Smash Lord
PM town.

Teryscum?

Hilt town - maybe. Middle.

@ X1 do you think Gheb's #267 was more of an afterthought as opposed to legitimate scum hunting. See how distancing from his proxy plan came BEFORE content. Preservation.

What L- was DY at when I suggested voting him? I knew it was high, no-one told me though. Who posted inbetween? Scum 'em up.

Tan 272. Dodge any stances. "Like this XXX however XXX so idk"

Tan is my not saying you-know-what a null, scum or town tell? If town would I not have done it?

Hilt town.

Hida town.

Pythag #289 is 'watching' me but does NOTHING about it. #291 jumps towards a hydra lynch.

Rereading, Tery seems more noob-null than scum.
Why? He'd posted like three times.

No content for three pages because I say so.

Lynch Gheb/Tan/DH/Smar.

X1, wrt your recent posts - play like this more often.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Riddle's most recent post sucks big time. He advocates policy lynches on hydras instead of scumhunting, contributes no content, makes no comments on existing wagons - and then essentially random votes. IGMEOY.
Gotta disagree, aside from the obvious point that Riddler is himself a hydra which has been covered.

It was a terrible play that got lucky.

Anyway I should probably read this game. Anything I should know?

Tempted to pressure DY.
DY is L-1 or maybe L-2, that's worth knowing if you intend to pressure him.

X1 and Pythag: Learn how to play this game, please.
This attitude right here is the problem, pretty much.
What was Gheb's role in Community, Sasscrotch? Don't bother answering this, I'll look right now.

Did you confer with your other head on that drivel at all? Because I cannot imagine J supporting that at all.
You scum, what.

What motive could you possibly have for saying this? What X1 said was a completely valid point and had nothing to do with you. Get mad.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, being a **** is unnecessary. Well atleast if you're a **** and don't actually explain what the issue with pink's posts are. His posts were legitimate; being a **** in and of itself isn't scummy but him saying that it's not representative of your townmeta is a completely legitimate point and is grounds for discussion. tbh idk how much I agree with x1 cuz I've seen gheb be ****ish as both town and scum, but his posts still are legitimate especially since he gives evidence to back his stance.

My issue is that I hate when people withhold information because they think the majority of people should 'get it'. No reason being elitist in such a form since it's completely anti town. Why not spoonfeed the game to people? What's wrong with that at all? Does it hurt town in anyway? Instead of saying pythag and pink need to learn to play mafia, why not explain what theyre doing thats stupid and indicative of that?

When you refuse to explain your thoughts on something because it should be obvious, the question whether you completely understand what you're saying comes in to play.

So like i said, don't be dumb.

Anyways
Dark Yoshi should probably be the play today. I read through the game and I'm not even completely sure what he lied about, can someone explain that for me? Anyways, I think since I think he's scummy and since alot of others do too, that he is easily a prime candidate for a d1 lynch.
And my issue is that I have exactly pointed out where the parallels lie, which is exactly what he asked for. I did not withhold any information, he just kept on asking a question I have already answered - not because he didn't see it because he clearly did. He's just trying to be an ****** at this point. Either that or he's scum who's being fine with any reason he's coming across to lynch me no matter how dumb it is or how many times I've explained it before.

His case is just flat out worthless. How many times have people tried to meta me and actually succeeded? Out of all the games I've played I can guarantee you that 3 times is the absolute maximum. If you think X1's case is legit, consider this: His "case" is entirely based on meta, which is already a huge fallacy itself. But the metainformation he's using is also lacking because it's based on one single game, where I survived one single day [and then get killed night 1] and even then I was able to point out OBVIOUS parallels in my gameplay in both games [which he continuously ignored] - all that despite me having had anti-town roles the last 4 games I played in between.

He clearly doesn't have the sources or knowledge to build a case on me based exclusively on my meta.

@Swiss

DY is scum, whether or not Pythag is.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Considering how many concrete suspicions we have at the moment, I find your reason to vote Pythag incredibly vague. Can you really say his lack of substantial input is the scummiest thing going on right now? I'd find it hard to believe if you told me it was. Especially since certain other people have hardly given us more to work with - why is Pythag more suspect for you than Hidajiremi to whom the same accusation applies just as much? I think there are other people who fit that category because there are people in this game I can hardly remember making any input - what has kuzmaru contributed so far?
Nice try! You had said that I was the second most scummy player before I voted for Pythag, so you're going to have to give me more reason than that. Don't try to weasel your way out of this one, ghebby. Also yes, his lack of putting forth any effort and just skirting by was more reason to vote him for me than anyone else. Not that he was particularly more scummy than everyone else, but because someone in that situation should die. How was my reason to vote for Pythag vague? I thought it was very clear. Please point this out for me.

I'm currently on the fence regarding DY. I don't think that him lying about his "trap" is enough reason to lynch him, though. And I'm bothered by him being at L-1 this early in the day.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag #289 is 'watching' me but does NOTHING about it. #291 jumps towards a hydra lynch.
According to swiss, you are only allowed to be suspicious of ONE person, and if your vote isn't on said person, you're scum.

291 was me defending me agreeing with a point that FF (he's our confirmed town for those of you playing at home)
made about endorsing punishing of questionable play from hyrdas, that I thought was a really valid point.

It's harder to make your character consistent if you have two people speaking. And thusly when they start conflicting, wouldn't that be something to look into? I don't see why you disagree with this. You yourself mentioned early on that there were too many hydras. Yet you don't see me quoting you and saying "Swiss jumps for a hydra lynch. "

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
According to swiss, you are only allowed to be suspicious of ONE person, and if your vote isn't on said person, you're scum.

291 was me defending me agreeing with a point that FF (he's our confirmed town for those of you playing at home)
made about endorsing punishing of questionable play from hyrdas, that I thought was a really valid point.

It's harder to make your character consistent if you have two people speaking. And thusly when they start conflicting, wouldn't that be something to look into? I don't see why you disagree with this. You yourself mentioned early on that there were too many hydras. Yet you don't see me quoting you and saying "Swiss jumps for a hydra lynch. "

Top Bottom