• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who Mafia: Night 1 Begins! Deadline is set for the 31th at 0400.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Nabe - Hida and Kuzmaru are town.

Will you lynch Tan with me? Gheb graced us with a decent post, so that's out the window.

Also, talk to me about Pythag and Smar. Which is scummier?

@ FF - Four scum picks is fine. For me anyway.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
You can do it. Hope to see more from you.
Thanks. I'm still posting less than I want to because of how slammed we are at work right now, and first week of school and all, but hopefully things will level out soon. Still, I'm posting more than I did in my previous games, so that's got to be worth something.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
'kay. The bolded is important; don't let people say they think you're town unless they've expressed good reasoning for doing so, or unless you have a really good reason to let them. It's important to hold people accountable for what they say.
Hmm. That's good advice. Thanks.

So... Why do you think I'm town then? >.>

Kuzmaru

Smash Rookie
Thanks. I'm still posting less than I want to because of how slammed we are at work right now, and first week of school and all, but hopefully things will level out soon. Still, I'm posting more than I did in my previous games, so that's got to be worth something.
You are welcome. Honestly if you are planning to do a catch up post I think you should clear some time before you do. It takes at lest an hour and a half. Twice I did it lol.

Also, wrt Nabe's advice to you, Swiss also said you and I were town.

So Swiss, why do you think we are town? I put all this effort in to catch up, and all I get is a post of you saying I'm town. It's nice, but you don't even respond to any of my points that I have made.

I would like a reason please, thank you. Plus I don't think you have enough posts from either of us to garner that alignment read anyways. I JUST caught up, and I don't know if Hida did a catch up post himself to see if he gave some of his stances as well.

I want to know why you think he is town as well. I don't even have a read on him yet, which is why I want to see more from him. You don't even ask for more.

I also find it logical for Mac to vote me for my last post to seem like parroting, since after that I hadn't given my stances. Although, he did seem to ignore my post right before his that I was saying i'd post my catch up post eventually, and I DID.

So what do you think now, Dr. Riddler?

Kuzmaru

Smash Rookie
wrt bad questions, "Good content, Duh" isn't a good answer.

Also no I don't have any specific questions, I just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh, I should point out that the content was honest - not necessarily that I 'agree' with it.

E.g. Smar wagon was far from dumb. Yet still someone decided to be a douche and interrupt it.

I'm majorly skimming as I'm getting ready and going out though, so ignore any scum slips in my recent posts.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Lying is scummy. Sometimes town does scummy things. Simple as that for DY.
This may or may not have been missed. Why do you think that DY is town lying rather than scum?

Nabe - Hida and Kuzmaru are town.

Will you lynch Tan with me? Gheb graced us with a decent post, so that's out the window.

Also, talk to me about Pythag and Smar. Which is scummier?
I can see why you'd think I think Hida is scum, but Ran is a bit of a ballpark, don't you think? I hadn't mentioned him. Odd.

Smarg is playing the same town as she did in D&D, which is still anti-town and unreadable for alignment's sake. Pythag has started posting more. He takes on an aggravated attitude, but the attitude itself is null. I don't like the way he voted for DY. Smarg is scummier by a hair. Either is a good lynch.

Tan pressure is cool but I don't see the body of the lynch yet if that's what you're aiming at. She certainly needs more votes. Ask Ran.

Would be happy to lose Gheb, not because he's scummy but because of the attitude where he doesn't explain things when asked etcetera. I don't like the situation that's developed between him and X1, it's unhealthy for town, and of the two I'd see Gheb go first. But his lynch isn't there in so far as calling him scum is concerned, that's just a deadline option.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Already did, LONG ago *facepalm*

ARE YOU GUYS ALL TERRIBLE AT READING OR WHAT.

It actually did. It was your initial case on Pythag that I found unconvincing. Your later post voting him was just confirmation for me that you had no legit case on him and were just sheeping aka playing like scum. Just like you're doing right now again. Or the whole game.
Nope :D
Wrong again, Gheb. My only post on Pythag was this one, where all I said was that I liked what smargaret had said about him. You found this scummy enough to put me at #2 on your scum list? Really, Gheb? I think you're improvising. I said nothing else about Pythag between this and your post other than me asking him a question and responding to someone's question about whether or not I had been in a game with him. Now, show me what specifically made you find me scummy and why, please :3 Because I don't believe you.
That's pretty blatant. I think this has reached a point where you aren't just skimming anymore but actively misconstruing anything I've said.
Bold claim. When did I skim? Show me, please.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@FF, I'd like to see more heat put on Smargaret and/or Pythag. Those are my scum picks as of now. Gheb also bothers me but I don't particularly want his lynch. But before anyone asks, my vote's on him until he gives me a good answer, if he's able to.

Smarg for reasons I've already stated. She's made a big post or two since then, but they seem like they were created just for her to get by. She's just playing on the side lines.

Pythag's vote on DY awhile back was a bit too umm... easy. Like he just needed someone to put a vote on and look busy. This was his reasoning:
are you serious? You intend to lie to town as town. Then how do we know you're town. easy, we don't.
Vote : Dark Yoshi
It just seems too convenient of a way for him to jump on the bandwagon. Too simple. And the above from Smarg applies as well. He coasted along, got the spot light for it, made a couple big hollow posts and disappeared. If there's a chance of this going on all game, he needs to die.

I'm not really in favor of a DY lynch. I don't think he should get lynched for his "trick", and I'd like to see more of a case built on him.

Not understanding the jump on Tan. Did I miss something? XD

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Nabe - I've said this before. ScumDY might lie, but why would ScumDY tell us he was lying? The lie wasn't an issue until DY came in and was all "Oh, btw, I was lying about my position on the proxy vote thing." Add to that the speed with which the wagon grew, and I just don't think he's scum.

Pythag is still top on my scum list, I'm going to reread and see if I can get anything out of today's posts - I've been skimming but not really paying too much attention.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Smarg is playing the same town as she did in D&D, which is still anti-town and unreadable for alignment's sake. Pythag has started posting more. He takes on an aggravated attitude, but the attitude itself is null. I don't like the way he voted for DY. Smarg is scummier by a hair. Either is a good lynch.

Tan pressure is cool but I don't see the body of the lynch yet if that's what you're aiming at. She certainly needs more votes. Ask Ran.

Would be happy to lose Gheb, not because he's scummy but because of the attitude where he doesn't explain things when asked etcetera. I don't like the situation that's developed between him and X1, it's unhealthy for town, and of the two I'd see Gheb go first. But his lynch isn't there in so far as calling him scum is concerned, that's just a deadline option.
Actually, I'm going to pause in my reread so I don't lose track of this. Note the bolded parts. Nabe knows I'm town, but still thinks I'm scummier than Pythag and a good lynch. This implies two things: 1, that Nabe knows my alignment (very much doubt there are any N0 cops here) and 2, that Nabe is willing to lynch me despite thinking that I'm town. This is followed by again his advocating a lynch on someone he doesn't think is scummy - namely, Gheb. Nabe is setting himself up to mislynch and have a ready-made excuse - "But I didn't think she was scummy! See, I said so!".

Unvote
Vote: Nabe

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My only post on Pythag was this one, where all I said was that I liked what smargaret had said about him.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12001364&postcount=422

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12001585&postcount=433

I'm seeing a lot of scum between the blatant parrot and shameless nudging of the first quote, your sissy reaction of unvoting him after my FoS and the awfully generic wishy-wash of the 2nd quote.

Because I don't believe you.
Because you're scum :rolleyes:

:059:

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Guys, I really apologize for my lackluster play. I'm really involved in a previous game and I promise like a million Tardises that I will do a thorough read through tonight because I have tomorrow (Friday) off from work.

QUOTE=smargaret;12017750]Nabe - I've said this before. ScumDY might lie, but why would ScumDY tell us he was lying? The lie wasn't an issue until DY came in and was all "Oh, btw, I was lying about my position on the proxy vote thing." Add to that the speed with which the wagon grew, and I just don't think he's scum.

Pythag is still top on my scum list, I'm going to reread and see if I can get anything out of today's posts - I've been skimming but not really paying too much attention.[/QUOTE]

I like this post from Smarg. She's thinking the same thing I am about DY. I didn't express it very well, but I have been trying to say that DY isn't scum. But he and I started arguing about LAL.

Regardless, I think Smarg is town because when we played DnD together I noticed she said all the things I would have said if I had been town. It's why we tried to lynch her N1, I felt she was really on the ball of who was scum and why.

I'll definitely keep a better eye on Pythag when I do my reread for this reason.

I also think Swiss is town because of how he's pushing for me. I saw him do the same thing in another game where he flipped town. <3

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smar I'm at the top of your scum list....yet you vote for nabe? ..k

@FF
Smar is my #1 Scum pick. She's just played really really scummy in my opinion. I feel like she didn't have much of a case when she put her vote on me, and continually tried to justify it after the fact. I felt she was using straight up made up cases against me. I dunno if she was hoping I would continue to be an easy lynch or not.

My #2 pick is kinda a tie between Hilt and Dark Yoshi.
Hilt entered my radar when Chuckle mentioned his subtle shift from Smar to me, despite continuing to find smar scummy. Hilt appears (appeared?) to be sheeping. Just going with the majority enough but you don't actually have to commit to anything. I think that Gheb's arguments against Hilt are pretty spot on.

But Dark Yoshi...man...lying and admiting you're lying....that's just setting yourself up for great stuff.
Maybe later in the game you lie and are called out on it.... are you allowed then to say "Derp. We were just kidding...." By allowing you to lie town you always have an automatic out. "I was lying there. Don't read into it" it gives you carte blanche to just....do whatever. That's a power I don't feel comfortable giving an uncomfirmed on D1. Plus you are a hydra...could it be that one of your heads didn't want to admit you were lying?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11998094&postcount=398

ONCE AGAIN

This post was made before my vote or comment on how Pythag being dead weight. So it could not have been talking about my opinion on Pythag. You're wrong, Gheb. Tell me what, at this point in time, put me at your #2 spot behind Dark Yoshi. If it was me liking what smarg said about Pythag, just say so. Otherwise it could not have been anything related to Pythag.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hilt, why are you trying to run this argument into a circle? I explain to you why I was originally suspicious of you and then you ask what else I have. When I mention the other stuff you keep bringing up "that was another time" BS. And when I try to bring things in order for you, you ask me again what my points are and the whole craps begins anew. Just shut up if you have no responses to my arguments.

I have plenty of reasons to vote DY [even though I'm not doing it right now], you must've missed that *cough*skimming*cough*

Request Votecount

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, shut up and nudge someone else. Don't you see it's not working? If you wanna make somebody look bad you're looking in the wrong place here. Barking up the wrong tree.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hilt, why are you trying to run this argument into a circle? I explain to you why I was originally suspicious of you and then you ask what else I have.
You did not. You explained why you found me suspicious after you said I was your #2 scum pick. Meaning that you still have yet to explain why I was your #2 scum pick at that point in time! It was baseless and you are being evasive every time you are asked to prove otherwise. That or you bring up points that you came to afterwards, trying to use them as your reasoning for that time period.
When I mention the other stuff you keep bringing up "that was another time"
It was.
And when I try to bring things in order for you
But you didn't and I proved that you didn't! So now do so. But we both know that you can't. You're improvising.
No, shut up and nudge someone else.
No.

#HBC | Nabe

No one had anything to say about 538? (Aside from Pythag who didn't say anything at all?) 'kay. Too busy butting heads? 'kay.

Smarg, what I mean is that you're playing the same way you did in DnD, where you were town. If we're to be getting rid of an unhelpful player, it should be in D1, i.e. my opinion in every other game I've been in where I've said the same thing.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Nabe, while I can kind of see what you're getting at if I stretch, you still haven't responded to my point about Gheb. What's more, you've again placed lynching someone anti-town above lynching someone scummy, and identifying said anti-town behavior over scumhunting. (Yes, this is me admitting that my participation has been less than I'd like and recognizing that it's anti-town. I should get more involved from here out).

Pythag, did you miss the part where the post where I call you my #1 scumspect comes before the post where I find Nabe scummy and vote him? My reads are allowed to shift, you know. In any case, I still find you suspicious, but people are paying attention to you, and I want to draw attention to something Nabe said. Thus, I switched my vote.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
@ DEHF: Is Peach monster scum? Why or why not? Also top two scum picks and why.
I don't feel any strong town or scum reads from PM atm. If I had to pick I would say town, but again that would be with no strong reasoning behind it.

DY play still seems Scummy to me, but I have a feeling he's town.

Out of every Gheb stands out the most to me. He's been playing overly defensive, I don't see why town would play this way unless they are scum trying to look like town.

Everyone else I have no strong read atm, but if I had to guess I would say Doom is scum.

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe, while I can kind of see what you're getting at if I stretch, you still haven't responded to my point about Gheb. What's more, you've again placed lynching someone anti-town above lynching someone scummy, and identifying said anti-town behavior over scumhunting.
The distinction between anti-town and scummy is important in this case because I'm not advocating your lynch, or Gheb's. The distinction between Gheb and someone pro-town is that at deadline Gheb becomes a good choice. You and Pythag can be said to be somewhat scummy and would be an improvement on a Gheb lynch; scum would be best of all. Votes are for pressure as well as lynches, but lynches come with cases on someone scummy and conviction to see it through -- neither of which I've demonstrated on you three. And you won't see me do so.

Spread around your reads a bit. You seem to have talked about me and Pythag -- keep going.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Nabe, if you were actually scumhunting instead of setting up what is essentially a policy lynch, I'd have less of a problem with you. I actually agree that lynching someone anti-town but not necessarily scummy is better than no lynching. However, lynching scum is better than lynching someone anti-town but not necessarily scummy - and it feels very much like you've overlooked scumhunting in favor of the policy lynch. This really sounds bad after you agreed with me that policy lynches are bad.

Why do you want me to spread around my reads? I'm hardly tunneling at this point; nobody else seems to be paying attention to what I'm saying so why is it making you so anxious?

Has Riddler shown up again recently and I just missed it? I don't believe he responded to my point beyond the hydra thing, which I conceded.

DEHF: 1. Who's Doom? 2. Why is Gheb's overly defensive play scummy? How is he being overly defensive? 3. Why aren't you committing to a position and taking a stance?

Top Bottom