• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you use L or R for dodging?

DRK

Smash Rookie
I end up always using R. I keep thinking I want to start using L, but it's been a habit since Melee.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Its real simple,
I use L for my dodging, L-Cancel and I use R to diversify.
But depends of the player preference.
We should choose what the buttons is comfortable to use in the Battle.

I use L for dodging.

I have R set up for jump, so my TL can SHDA with one hand instead of two thumbs.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Um...I usually use R, but when someone is about to hit me with a strong attack, I flinch at end up hitting L & R at the same time in a silly attempt for better defense! XD

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
R for dodging everything, L to L cancel. I used to use both until i found out about L canceling and different techs

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
I've always used R, since Melee. I dunno, it just feels natural to me. Using L feels really weird.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I use X, mostly because my index fingers can't react fast enough. However, given the choice between L and R, I would do R.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I use R. Sometimes I will use L to grab, mostlt for ICs.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I use R.

I got L on jump to use OoS options. I can't make myself shielding with L for some reason. It feels unatural :( And lol i also had the issue with L cancellling in Melee. I thought you HAD to do it with the L button but yeah turns out that you can also use R. I never played Melee Competitively though.

Top Bottom