• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you use L or R for dodging?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since I am right handed I use the R button. But sometimes I modify my Classic Controler and put ZL or ZR to be block instead of L and R for lulz of it.

Hmm, this is focus too much on GC controlers isn't it?

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, what I would be most interested in seeing, would be do the people that keep tap jump on predominantly use R?

I know I always use R, and I always use 'up' to jump, unless I am short hopping with X.

(<.< recently I just set L to 'special' so I can metaknights inifinite cape easier when playing with my friends.)

Amitwin

Smash Rookie
I use R all the time, i can't use L without it feeling weird. :S Feels more in control using my main hand for as much as possible.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This thread still going?

I noticed that a lotta people that said they use R mentioned they were right-handed... But I'm right-handed and use L.

...Guess I'm just weird.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I always use R. The first smash I owned was Melee. If it was 64, it might have be L because of the z trigger.

WIN!!!!

Smash Rookie
i always use r...but whenever im in a heated battle and the damage is really high...i switch to L...really strange...

2535-6472-0464
jus pm me if u wanna play smash...

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
Lol I'm pretty weird.... When I know I'm going to dodge, I use L. However, when I want to shield, I use R, so when I roll dodge, it depends on wether I wanted to do that from the very beginning or not.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I use L, and I never touch R. I've been experimenting with different options for R because it seemed like a waste, but I always go back to default controls with tap jump off and use L for shield/dodging.

In Melee, it was L.

In Brawl, I use either L or X (I did grabs with R) on the Classic Controller to shield.
On an unrelated note, I love the banner.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So I saw the thread title, and I thought about it for a bit.

Then I forgot what button I used.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I use R.

I don't use L at all. I'm thinking of changing the button command to something else. (Proabably Grab)

Korea4ever

Smash Cadet
the only thing my left hand does is move the analog stick. right hand shields, attacks, jumps, grabs, c-sticks, etc. So yeah, that includes the R button

Top Bottom