• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you spit or swallow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing each?

Discuss.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My thoughts:

Inhaling:

Pros

+ You can perform a Swallowcide

+ You can Star Shoot another foe if they're near

+ It's a grab move, so you don't have to worry about people shielding it

Cons

- The Inhale range is awful

- Some characters is hard to inhale, due to numbers of strategies to use against it

- Marth and Ike can use counter on it x_x

Swallow:

Pros

+ You will gain a new power so you can use for different advantages

+ On tourney teams, you can copy your partners power so you can cause more havoc

+ Most of the powers can help you KO your foe

Cons

- Some characters can use it better

- You can lose your power at a random attack, even attacks that does zero damage

- A lot of characters is hard to inhale, and they don't give a good power for Kirby at the same time

That's all in my mind right now.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You forget that if you swallow your opponent, sometimes they get a positional advantage on you (since they go on top), and they can do things that hurt you even more.

Though, sucking your opponent when they're on the edge sometimes sets them off, especially if they're inexperienced with your technique.

:093:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'd say spit is useful to because it is unexpected. Everyone swallows. It's just a dirty technique. When you spit, you can also hit multiple targets (In team or a big FFA). Swallowing is good sometimes, as long as your foe does not see this cuming. If they, you might get hit by something in the face, right above you.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I do neither.
Just letting them break out of my mouth does the job for me.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I'd say spit is useful to because it is unexpected. Everyone swallows. It's just a dirty technique. When you spit, you can also hit multiple targets (In team or a big FFA). Swallowing is good sometimes, as long as your foe does not see this cuming. If they, you might get hit by something in the face, right above you.
nice. Im generally the one getting swallowed, so you can end up shooting that white stuff at me..... or is PK Freeze blue?

regardless, i always hate spitters, id much rather be swallowed.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*wonders what the topic's title used to be*

This is funny because we almost can't really tell if it's serious or not >_>

Gates

Banned via Warnings
*wonders what the topic's title used to be*

This is funny because we almost can't really tell if it's serious or not >_>
It used to be "Do you suck or swallow?". Then I realized that doesn't make sense since...yeah.

This probably says a lot about how much I've been getting lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom