• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do You Main Someone Who Has a Series You Don't Like?

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I've seen, but never touched, a Game & Watch.
Mother 3 is completely foreign to me.

The rest (DKC, Kirby, Zelda WW/PH) I'm cool with.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well if it's about a main I have to say no, I don't hate it because Bowser did come form one of the most memorable games i've ever played which happens to the Super Mario Bros. , Kirby though, used to be my main back in my 64 days, I say I never care for his games and and never will.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
No, i really like the Yoshi series, except Yoshi's Cookie, puzzle games dont really appeal to me. but one of my favorite games ever (like top five) is SMWII Yoshi's island, i could play that game forever. As for my secondary, Pikachu, the pokemon games are good, they're just all the same basicly, and its repetitive.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well, lets see...

Lucas - Obviously, haven't had the chance to try his series. (Well, technically I could have tried the second game, but I never had an SNES, so that rendered it impossible in spite of the US release.)

King Dedede - I've played a few Kirby games, and they're fun enough, but I'm not a big fan.

Falco - Huge fan of Star Fox 64, lesser fan of Adventures and Command. Didn't like Assault, though.

For other characters I play frequently, Marth and Ike I'm a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series (and am eagerly awaiting word of when FEDS will finally be brought over to the US so I can finally play through Marth's story); Ness is in the same boat as Lucas; ZSS I liked the Metroid Prime series, but haven't been interested in the rest of it; Pit I never played his game; Lucario I'm only a mild fan of Pokèmon; and Sonic I mostly play specifically because I'm a huge fan of his series (though mostly the old games).

Honestly, there aren't many series represented in SSB that I can say I dislike (though there are several I've never played, and thus don't know if I'd like them or not). F-Zero, Yoshi, and Animal Crossing are the extent of it, and that last only has a stage, not a character. Although actually, I did main Captain Falcon in Smash 64 (couldn't stand the changes to him Melee, and it's even worse in Brawl, so I don't play him at all anymore), so I guess I used to main someone whose series I dislike.

Zevox

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Diddy main here. The Donkey Kong Country's for snes were my entire childhood lol, and the best by far was DKC 2 (starring diddy himself).

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
have any of you played the fire emblum with marth???no but i have it was fantastic it was the game that got me into that kinda stuff.why would i main link if i did'nt like him??i have comploeted mother 3 100% it was awsome!and i was the first in town to finish pikmen 1 and i have finished pikmen 2

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
last 3 posts are ppl hu play chars' who's series they love, rather than hate lolololoo

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I've never played a SF Game, and I main Falco(I want to play 64 though, its hard to get a SF64 Copy, in fact any N64 games these days)

ErikkuTheFox

Smash Rookie
I main Marth and have never played a Fire Emblem game
I third as Snake and have never played a Metal Gear game and yes I feel bad about and would love to play MGS4.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Snake is my main, yet I've never played or even seen footage of a Metal Gear Solid game. Other than what I've seen on TV commercials. To be honest, all I know is he's a soldier who shoots stuff. Is "Snake" even his real name?

MiiKai

Smash Cadet
Kirby 64 is just plain awesome and I'm waiting for Kirby Wii. MGS is the best game series.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Nope. I main the characters I main because I like them.

I most likely wouldn't like them if I didn't play their series, or if I didn't like their series.

But then again, there ISN'T a series that I hate...

But I really like the Mario series... so yeah. That explains it..

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
It makes me sad to hear all the Marth mainers (and even more Ike mainers) who say they haven't played Fire Emblem before (or hate their game and only play them because they are badass sword wielders).

Anyway....
I play as Marth and Ike... love their game more than any other series (including Smash.)
I play as Link a lot (and Zelda sometimes). I like his game but not nearly as much.
I play as Fox a lot. I like his games (or I atleast liked SF:Assault and SF:Adventures).
I play as Poke'mon Trainer pretty often and I like Poke'mon games.
I've recently started maining MK and I get some enjoyment out of Kirby games.
I play Luigi and Mario games are always fun.

So that leaves only Lucas... I like playing as him but I don't care for the Earthbound series (then again I haven't had the opportunity to play so I'm just judging by an art point of view, which needless to say, their artwork sucks.)

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I main Peach and I like all the Mario games, just full of fun.
I play Wolf because I just like him and Fox too, I love the StarFox series
As for the rest I like their games since some of them are really good and fun to play.

Tony_11

Smash Apprentice
i havent played pikminx so idk bout olimar and i havnt played lucas' series either. umm G&W i definitely never played it either and icey's either. So i havnt played my mains

Top Bottom