• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do You Main Someone Who Has a Series You Don't Like?

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
Or rather, a series that you don't like as much as other series?

My 2nd main is Ike, and I'm not really a huge fan of the FE series (I do enjoy the AW series though).

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I main falco and i'm not a big fan of the Star fox franchise (although i've played the masterpiece Star Fox 64 and enjoyed it). Other than that, I enjoy Fire Emblem (Ike), Zelda (link), and Pokemon (pikachu)

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Fox (Star Fox): I love the Star Fox series.
*completely a furry*

Pit (Kid Icarus): After playing the first few minutes of the original on the Virtual Console... Ugh. Hated it. :/

Meta Knight (Kirby): I've played nearly every Kirby game that has come out after 2000.

Mmm, only Kid Icarus I don't like. Poor angel.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I would, but I don't.
I loved all the games my mains came from.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Most of my characters are thought to be sucky, yet some find them timeless and lovable because of the series of Smash Brothers.
Also, their games are a wondrous experience, and they are favorites among many.

Wow, that sounds like I'm trying to sell a video.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Interesting Thread if I may say, and that I may say indeed. I did really enjoy the Pikmin games, got both but they don't compare to my Pokemon love! I love you Charizard! I wuv ya, one day I'll make a sig worthy of Ol' Chary. In fact I only really play as charaters I like from my old favourite games. I stay way clear of Marth and Metaknight, and wouldn't touch Ness with a ten foot long stick, I wouldn't even spit in his direction.

Honestly, for y'all Mother mainers out there how many of you actually played the game when it was released? C'mon now, don't be shy. I want all two of you to confess!

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I am a Donkey Kong Country, Legend Of Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin, Kirby series, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, and Sonic fan. I'm also an old-school fan of Yoshi's Island (not as big on other mario games, just Yoshi) and Charizard was my favorite Poke' back when I played... he's my guilty pleasure.

Yea, I know that's half the cast, but regardless, the answer is yes my taste in game series' directly reflects my tastes in characters and no, I don't really play anyone whose series I dislike.

Although I do love Metal Gear but hardly ever play Snake. That's strange now that I think about it.

Enuff words from me kthxbai

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I never cared for F zero, but I've used CF since 64.

I never cared for star fox, but I use all the space animals.

I never cared for super mario bros (but still played many of the games), but I use bowser.

I never cared for the zelda games, but I use Ganon and sometimes sheik.

Funny since I loved the Kirby games and yet never play as kirby, King D3, or MK. Wait a second, maybe I can use this as on excuse to start maining MK!!! Yeah, that's it! I like kirby games so I'll start using MK! :laugh:

I also loved pokemon when I was younger but I hate their performance in brawl. I hate jigglypuff, Lucario doesn't feel right, poke trainer doesn't fit my play style, so pikachu is the only one I like. Yet still, I use too many characters already so no pikachu.

PCHU

Smash Lord
sucks though alot of my mains games are on the ps3 ps2
Yours must be.....MARIO!

Anyway, I've never played the FE series, or the MOTHER series.
I have played Pokemon Red, Gold, Ruby, Emerald, XD: Gale of Darkness, Colosseum, and Diamond.
I loved StarFox.
One of the best games I've ever played.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I've never played an actual Game and Watch, or Mother game.

Though I've played Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story.

M.K

Level 55
I main Lucario, and I love the Pokemon games.
I second Zelda, and I don't much care for Legend Of Zelda.

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
I main Luigi, Pikachu, Ike

I was never a fan of Super Mario series (though i'm a fan for the Mario tennis, Mario Party, Mario Kart Series)

I loved Pokemon, go Pikachu!!!

I loved Fire Emblem! Go Ike!!! (I love Advance Wars too, though why it has such a crappy Assist Trophy is beyond me =[)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Fox (Star Fox): I love the Star Fox series.
*completely a furry*

Pit (Kid Icarus): After playing the first few minutes of the original on the Virtual Console... Ugh. Hated it. :/

Meta Knight (Kirby): I've played nearly every Kirby game that has come out after 2000.

Mmm, only Kid Icarus I don't like. Poor angel.
I've beaten the game. Heck, just for you, I'll give you the password. I put up with the game and I had fun. Here it is.

IeW64z q03800
MG000G K00aKQ

Here's what you have. You are past the first dungeon. You have fire arrows and they fly farther. You have a thing that flies around you, which causes damage to your opponents. Your health bar is complete. You just need to fill it up. Walk into one of the doors and if you see yellow water, step into it to regain health. Your arrows are completely maxed out in power, which means it's the best arrow you can have. Don't lose the fire arrows, long arrows, and that shield. There is in the second world, which you would be on if you put in that password, some creature that looks like a rabbit. It will steal one of those items from you. If you lose one, just kill yourself to start over. Oh, and you cannot use the fire arrows, the long arrows, or the shield in dungeons.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I don't main people I hate. Period. That means I will never seriously use DK or Diddy, cuz monkeys just annoy the he|| outa me (Mostly Diddy, Stupid f***in monkey noises.) I actually used to like Metaknight, spending senseless hours on the Meta-knight campaign in Nightmare in dreamland, but kinda dropped him because everyone else used him.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I main Lucario, and I love the Pokemon games.
I second Zelda, and I don't much care for Legend Of Zelda.
What the!? You main Lucario but you like Pokemon? You do know Lucario is an imposter! An imposter I say! A fowl fiend of flaboutarty! Why does he look like he has baggy pants? And he a a giant iron nipple and deadlocks! He is hellspawn I say! Curse to the deepest depths of hell!

THAR IS ONLYZ 151 POKEMONZ!!!

Sorry, kinda felt like sayin' it ya know? The only newer generation Pokemon I liked was Girafarig. Quite the paradox of a pokemon. His name is a palindrome and an unique type too. He also has an *** that can bite people. He is literally a buttMunch.... dang, why didn't I call him that! It's almost witty!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I love FE games.
I've used Peach in every game she's playable (Mario Party, Kart, Sports, SMB2, SMRPG, etc.)
I've played and beaten EarthBound (and am still playing MOTHER 3 entirely in Japanese X_X)
Wario has always been one of my favorite series, especially Wario Land 2 (Favorite GB game maybe?)
I've played through Metal Gear Solid 1-3, played the originals and am dying to play MGS4. Hell I even contemplated getting a PSP just for Ac!d and Portable Ops...but then I realized I was contemplating buying a PSP and snapped out of it...

bobson

Smash Lord
Honestly, for y'all Mother mainers out there how many of you actually played the game when it was released? C'mon now, don't be shy. I want all two of you to confess!
C'mon, now, what other SNES game was awesome enough to come in an enormous box with a guide inside it and scratch 'n sniff cards? After Earthbound's advertising campaign, it makes me wonder why NoA is now desperately trying to convince us that the Mother series doesn't exist.

Most of Sonic's post-Genesis games are travesties, but I only really use him because of his taunts anyway. Everyone else is cool.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I like Sonic games, even the 3D ones, I like DK games (Holy crap Jungle Beat is one of the best games EVER) and I'm a huge MGS fan.

I like most series in Brawl. I was planning on maining Olimar before Brawl came out even though I hated Pikmin but I tried out Pikmin again and I loved it. However Olimar in Brawl just wasn't fun to play as.

I don't main people I hate. Period. That means I will never seriously use DK or Diddy, cuz monkeys just annoy the he|| outa me (Mostly Diddy, Stupid f***in monkey noises.) I actually used to like Metaknight, spending senseless hours on the Meta-knight campaign in Nightmare in dreamland, but kinda dropped him because everyone else used him.
That's stupid. You should play as a character if you like them, period. You're limiting yourself. Also, DK is not a monkey, he's an ape.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I won't play a character form a series I hate, but I'll play a character from a series I'm neutral on. I've never actually played a game and watch game (Or more than 15 minutes of a Zelda game), but I'll still play as their respective characters because I haven't grown to hate them like do Fire Emblem.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
My secondary main is Zelda, and I'm not very fond of The Legend of Zelda-series. Although I enjoyed a few games, I never really got into the series.
Since I love Pikmin, Mother, Mario and G&W stuff, that's the only thing. ^^

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I main Diddy, but I've never finished a DK game. Played a few of the Donkey Kong Country games, but never got too far.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I main D3 and I like the Kirby series. I really liked that old game on the NES for Kirby.:)
Can't remember the name, to lazy to search for it.;)
I'm pretty sure it's a masterpiece,, second page, on the top-right.
But don't get me wrong, I played it all the way through on the NES.:bee:

Top Bottom