• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you find Ike to be fought differently than others?

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
You should have been there. It was EXTREMELLY bad, words won't do justice on how disastrous that team is.

Trust me, from personal experience, pairing up with snake is BAD....sometimes.

And the sad thing is that on an older tournament I did very well with a lucario partner and then I did horribly this last time because of that Snake.

Now, I have to admit it were the players and not snake himself. I guess I didn't have to much experience with a snake partner and the snake guy didn't have doubles experience.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You should have been there. It was EXTREMELLY bad, words won't do justice on how disastrous that team is.

Trust me, from personal experience, pairing up with snake is BAD....sometimes.

And the sad thing is that on an older tournament I did very well with a lucario partner and then I did horribly this last time because of that Snake.
You'll get no sympathy from me. :ike:

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I know that very well. It's just that this guy is implying that the f-smash is 100% unavoidable in a situation in which the opponent has a lot of options and it is very easily avoidable.

Whatever, arguing with people on the internet is a waste of time. I am done with it... for today.
I am not saying that,I just said shield is alot better to use.I do not want to possibly lose a stock,sorry for arguing,Its just that this is what I believe.I have bad expeinces with snakes,As a partner,he accidently killed me with his C4 twice.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Ike's jab ranks among the 10 most useful moves in the game (and I don't include projectiles)
Projectiles are very cheap.Metaknight is a projectile,You get the picture.

I know Ikes Jab is amazing,That is why I hate going against them,I think hes going to f tilt or something else and sheild one hit,then he 2nd jabs to grab me.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
people are more careful when playing ike because of his strength,and easy kill moves
and good ike with pro jab canceling and spacing
is something people will be careful about

lol i love when i charge fmash,they air dodge,i'm still charging,then release
haha awesome

Ike Hero

Smash Rookie
yeah the jab combos are great, effective , and useful. oh and yeah ike is good at spacing and mindgames so that would be things to use when facing other characters.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
yeah the jab combos are great, effective , and useful. oh and yeah ike is good at spacing and mindgames so that would be things to use when facing other characters.
Great, effective, and useless. Great use of synonyms.

The same could be said for every character in the game, Ike relies on his tilts more because few people get hit by his smashes. His specials aren't as useful as many others. Counter might be useful against certain characters like Sonic, but other than that, not much else.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Great, effective, and useless. Great use of synonyms.

The same could be said for every character in the game, Ike relies on his tilts more because few people get hit by his smashes. His specials aren't as useful as many others. Counter might be useful against certain characters like Sonic, but other than that, not much else.
not really...and counter isn't used so much
characters like sonic? lol?o_o
you're saying a slow attack like counter works on faster characters like sonic >_>?
his smashes get people more times than you would expect

i just have one response to your comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vblA6pbfgnw&feature=channel_page

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
There is nothing special about Sonic's smash attacks.

I don't really change my playstyle against Ike... in that I don't suddenly overestimate him or underestimate him. I'll treat things like his fair differently from most fairs, but that's not really treating Ike as a whole differently. The only characters I treat differently are Lucario and the Ice Climbers.

D

Deleted member

Ike's jab ranks among the 10 most useful moves in the game (and I don't include projectiles)
uhh, false? some characters have better jabs than ike does (snake falco lucario ) >_>

turn down the stupidity level in this topic or it's getting locked.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
umbreon Ike's jab is ranked as #1 in that top 10 of each move thread and I don't think those jabs are actually better. Lucario's does like 5% snake's can be SDIed out of and misses on short characters. Falco does jab to grab just like Ike's but thats about it.

Maybe not the 10 most useful moves but it is the best jab in the game.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ike should be fought with caution. He lacks speed, but his power makes up for that. I fought your Ike, Durango. I fought a few others like him, but yours seems to be really good at spacing.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Ike has so much range, You can't be reckless. Prime example of a lvl 20 boy with a Golden Sword that sounds like a club....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Come on now, I've seen Ike's take out entire countries by themselves. Poor Daein.

Of course you don't want to follow Daein's example and rush in. You take your time.... much more carefully. As the more offensive you get, the more you're gonna lose..

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
That's not what Ashnard said to my first Hard Mode Ike in PoR.

**** him, btw.

Ike is also fun to play against.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Even though I use Ike
Im still kinda scared to fight him sometimes
He is full of surprises...and one mistake and your stock is gone
Im actually more offensive against Ike and try not to let him get any hits in
I think Diddy is the type of character where you have to completely change up your style to beat
With Ike just fight more cautiously

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ike's is probably the most or at least of the man characters to be fought with caution
most of his attacks kill at around 50-100 if you're good with ike

and getting caught in eyes jabs are scary duh:p

who wouldn't fight an supah ultra strong character with caution? lol

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I used to be aggrivated and afraid of Ikes. Then after a while I learned how easy it is to gimp them, and let them open themselves up (not every Ike, of course, just on average)

So every time I'm DK or Sheik, and play an Ike, i get happy, cuz I know i'll get some nice gimps in.

Learning the matchup does that, I guess.

Ike's jab is too good.

Top Bottom