• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do we want to add JC grabs into B+?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
If it's between having both JC grabs and grab breaks or having no JC grabs and no grab breaks at all, I would vote toward no JC grabs and no grab breaks at all. It would basically ruin grabbing. Unlike most fighting games, smash is heavily reliant on grabbing, and being able to negate a grab would have some adverse affects on some characters. It would make attacks safe on shield that normally aren't, and would almost completely negate comboing into a grab. Characters who are forced to have very grab centric games will suffer heavily, and that is not something we want to do.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That was the point of giving it a very small window to make it very difficult to do. So it doesn't break the grabbing mechanic, just weakens it, and also gives the possibility to escape chaingrabs.

I mean, think about trying to grab break with a 2 frame window with a non spam window around it so you can't mash. I doubt even M2K could grab break anywhere near consistently.

Though I think we should start at a 4 frame window and see how it feels first.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'll try and make it when I get time, but my job is killing my free time right now. I also need to fix the Footstool MC and JC+ grab.

The Cape

Smash Master
Well in Naruto GNT 4 there is a grab break and the window is ONE frame. While playing my friends and I break grabs constantly.

It would ruin the grab system in this game, and I really dont like the JC grabs due to the severe sliding they bring about. If we could make it so that they operate the same way as the CC grabs then that would make them much better in the long run.

shanus

Smash Hero
Well in Naruto GNT 4 there is a grab break and the window is ONE frame. While playing my friends and I break grabs constantly.

It would ruin the grab system in this game, and I really dont like the JC grabs due to the severe sliding they bring about. If we could make it so that they operate the same way as the CC grabs then that would make them much better in the long run.
I might be able to do that as the crouch function should have something that increases friction. I need to explore the pac at some point to see.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I keep saying to have JC+ grabs act like melee and NOT slide.

BUT I had fgts like Viet saying "NOOO I WANT THE SLIDE WHY SHOULD WE JC+ IF THERE IS NO SLIDE BUT THEIR IS END LAG!?"

you azn.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
But Melee did slide. <_<

I already clarified what I meant to you, you just didn't listen. =V

It has a pre-slide which is the ONLY reason it had more "range," which is just jump momentum carried on.

I didn't mean the stupid Barlw afterslide you dummy. <_<

Top Bottom