• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know, i'd really like to write a long heartfelt post but i'm actually procrastinating on writing an essay right about now and I don't want to be that hypocritical. Instead I'm gonna tag a few of the users of this site who I really respect and hope to see again some sunny day (hopefully tommorow but i can wait)

@Noipoi , @Guh-Huzzah! , @SharkLord , Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , @Speed Weed , @DaybreakHorizon , @Cosmic77 , Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide , @Krookodilian , Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , @Kevandre, @Pokelego999 , Opossum Opossum , @WeirdChillFever, @Delzethin , @Zinith, thin, and many more. I could hardly mention everyone.
If it helps, I can provide any citations of my iconic works by request for your research.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Bro we just talked on Discord we good.

I will say though, that just like Chris Pratt you are so cool. :D
yeah. just because i can appriciate the irony of the situation doesn't mean i can't partake in it.

PeridotGX (on discord) said...

the funniest bit is that i'm willing to bet 90% of us are going to jump ship to the smash 6 thread and nothing will really change

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Well ladies and fellas!

This is where we split!

View attachment 335064

Super Smash Bros Ultimate Speculation is finally over!

It will be time for me to go back to being a wanderer on the Internet!

But not before I list off the kind people on this board who put up with me and my TimeSplitters and Sgt. Cortez shenanigans!

@Rie Sonomura and her passion for her most wanteds are really inspiring. I even picked up a liking to the World ends with you.
@SKX31 and his analytics of the Smash Bros competitive scene and articulate views on characters give me things to think about.
@3BitSaurus being a fellow Banjo & Kazooie supporter and his dedication to League of Legends is outstanding.
@SharkLord and his support for characters that I personally didn't like, like Reimu and Adol and gave me new perspectives on these characters that made me change the way I view them!
@Momotsuki a dedicated Yume Nikki fan who has cheered me on when I'm on my TimeSplitters spreading voyage!
@SneakyLink a fellow Banjo & Kazooie supporter who introduced me to the wonderful and weird character named Otto Matic!
SNEKeater SNEKeater who introduced me to the world of Guilty Gear which is where I picked up my fondness for Sol Badguy
@Wunderwaft who helped me learn to respect other characters by researching the characters I didn't like and find a new perspective on them.
@Speed Weed a fellow Streets of Rage enthusiast and his passion for Amingo and Opa opa has secretly rubbed off on me.
@TheCJBrine A Steve and Banjo & Kazooie supporter who I honestly could have been more mature towards during my days at the Banjo & Kazooie support thread. While I never liked Steve, I'm happy for you that you did get him.
@NonSpecificGuy for talking about Ryu Hayabusa and keeping the thread in tact when everything was about to get heated.
@DarthEnderX a fellow retro lover who posted that picture of the magazine and showed us which retro characters got into Smash Bros in one way or another.
@epicmartin7 for those times that you've helped bring back interest in the speculation thread when the thread was at it's lowest points.
@Gengar84 a fan for the obscure characters and his support for Battletoads!
PeridotGX PeridotGX and his passion for pokemon such as Grovyle, Magneton, Regigigas as well as the Undertale folks such as Frisk and Papyrus!
@Cosmic77 who kept the thread from moving too far away into the third party territory with his desire for First Party characters and hi!
@DanganZilla5 fellow THQ Nordic comrade who supported Crypto from destroy all humans!
GilTheGreat19 GilTheGreat19 always adding the spark of life into any conversation that the newcomer speculation thread talks about!
@chocolatejr9 A Euden loyalist who taught us all about the main character of the mobile juggernaut, Dragalia Lost!
@Swamp Sensei When the thread was down because we were getting an ARMS, he stood up for the series when no one else would.
Shroob Shroob I always enjoy reading what you have to say about the latest news in the discussion!
@Professor Pumpkaboo who I've always felt bad for because she was losing all hope for Sora and I'm glad the dream came true for you.
@DaybreakHorizon Also happy for you that you got Sora and reading your essays from time to time is always insightful.
@Nekoo As well as you with your insight on Sora and always believing in him.
@Michael the Spikester keeping us up to date on what was happening during the DLC period and adding a homely feel to the thread when he discussed what he was doing with his day.
@Sari Reading your Smash underdogs threads was always a treat to wake up to.
@SonicSmasher1 for the messages you sent me in the conversation box!
Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide for reminding me about the Red Shell hat being missing! You really did dedicate yourself to the hat and it's sad we didn't get it (Sorry I didn't put you down here)
@Theguy123 for keeping up his hopes for Professor Layton and telling us that Level 5 is alive and well!
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth her passion for Quest 64 and Brian is nothing short of inspiring! One day I hope to have a go at the game!
@7NATOR and his miles upon miles of paragraphs to talk about his most wanted character, Shadow beats even my dedication to Sgt. Cortez and I hella respect that!
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom for saying that line at the number 3 spot when you were about to lock down the thread!

More fellow Banjo & Kazooie supporters such as:
@ChunkySlugger72 @CosmicQuark FreeFox FreeFox @RoboFist @JamesDNaux @BZocky N3ON N3ON

People who I have not interacted with much but I thank you for liking my posts of my Sgt. Cortez silliness.
@Jocario Zero @Wurmple for smash @ARandomZoomer @Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur @Cap'n Jack @Schnee117 @Playstation Guy 1000 @ARandomFruit @Freezerburn ZelDan ZelDan @Dr. Metal X @TheLamerGamer Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Þe 1 → Way Þe 1 → Way @Golden Icarus @Lamperouge @JOJONumber691 @BlondeLombax @Ramen Tenghostku @Flyboy @Hydreigonfan01 @Sucumbio @2006ToyotaTacoma @CureParfait @CapitaineCrash @Aerospherology @kylexv @JustPlainDan @Pillow @Technomage @Gnateb @ahemtoday @Firox @Lyncario @ShrimpScampi @Garteam @Noipoi @PSIGuy @toonito @skylanders fan @cashregister9 @Gazorpazorpfield @GaroMaster @Eldrake @StrangeKitten @KillerCage @Truth the Ceomasterz33 @I.D.

And even those who I don't always see eye to eye on discussions with like @osby @Cutie Gwen @Idon Will Will Opossum Opossum G Guynamednelson Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones MooMew64 MooMew64 @EricTheGamerman because I make bad arguments and can't stop being a fool sometimes. It goes to show no matter how different our view points are and which side of the Smash fandom we're on, our interest in Smash Bros is what keeps us all going! I don't know if I even had arguments with some of you but I think I'd rather keep you on here than leave you out!

@GoodGrief741 that is a lot of people to thank... and him too! Thank you too!

Well I believe that is everyone and I hope I've tagged everyone, If not I'm deeply sorry! I think this is a good time to say my farewell to you all.

It's been a pleasure sharing with you all the wondrous joys of the TimeSplitters series and getting to hear all of your favourite series too. It's crazy how dynamic our interests can be as human beings! If the world all thought the same, it wouldn't be no fun to share with you how great the series can be! I thank you all for taking the time to listen to my tale and journey of... Time to Split... into Smash bros... I dunno...

No matter where we all go, no matter where the world takes us, no matter how far in time and space we may find ourselves to be in, no matter what happens to us, No matter anything or everything, just remember that there is always a...

View attachment 335063
Evil Trapezium
A poet in the making ❤

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, I should say I apologize to anyone I've ruined Isaac for.

I'm going to have to confess: This past year, I've had to deal with my grandmother living in my house with my and my mother, and she is a tremendous pain. It has been very stressful for me and my mother, and this stress is probably why I've been a bigger ass to people who don't think Isaac or any other AT was coming. I am very well aware that two wrongs don't make a right.
Hey, I have to tell you this. This is super brave to speak about this, and even moreso to be vulnerable in what is essentially a public forum.

We may have had our own disagreements here and there, but I hope you know that there aren’t any hard feelings. You’re a human being just like the rest of us!

If you’re ever looking to play Smash or anything, let me know!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just hope this thread doesn't get hidden when archived like the Smash 4 Leaks Group which is STILL NOT ACCESSIBLE WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US SMASHBOARDS STAFF PLEASE I JUST WANT TO SEE WHO I WAS IN 2013 AND I CANT BECAUSE ALL OF THOSE POSTS ARE LOCKED AWAY
Yes and I would very much like to have access to the mafia games of the fake backroom so I can relive my chronicle of every single game trying to get the town to vote out Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel . Even the games I wasn't playing.

Good times. Good memories.

ShotoStar

Smash Cadet
View attachment 335122
And so, with Smash Ultimate’s DLC coming to end, the Who’s of Whoville came together to rejoice the wonderful game and Sakurai’s hard work. And that night, the Grinch had a change of heart, too. He learned that real life can bring more happiness than a mere leak…
funny you mention The Grinch...
three years ago... and on this day too when the thread closes lol... man

Shroob

Sup?
funny you mention The Grinch...
three years ago... and on this day too when the thread closes lol... man
Holy ****, the thread's closing on the 3 year anniversary of the Grinch leak

Grinch....won

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's been a wild ride full of ups and downs. It's hard to believe it's all come to an end, but I guess this is it. If nothing else, it was a fun distraction from the stresses of real life. Smash and speculation have been a large part of my life from my childhood. The series has helped shape me into the gamer I am today. Ultimate has truly delivered on many fronts for the fans, and Sakurai and his team get my heartfelt thanks for creating such an amazing experience. I've been trying to take a break from social media lately so I'm not sure how often I'll be popping in here in the future, but I'm glad we could all experience this journey together.

See you around,
Sincerely, a Mushroom Guy.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Whenever you get sad about Smash Ultimate's content wave ending, just think about it like this.

Picture a wave. In the ocean. You can see it, measure it, its height, the way the sunlight refracts when it passes through. And it's there. And you can see it, you know what it is. It's a wave.

And then it crashes in the shore and it's gone. But the water is still there. The wave was just a different way for the water to be, for a little while. You know it's one conception of death for Buddhists: the wave returns to the ocean, where it came from and where it's supposed to be.

All the fun experiences talking about who the next Smash fighter would be, getting giddy at a Direct announcement. That was all just a way for the water to be at that moment and now it's that time for it to pass. Enjoy the game now.

"There's only so much time to remember something as it's happening but all the time in the world for you to remember it after it's over."

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Also if someone could explain to me why it shows that I main Sora even though I have clearly selected Alex Minecraft. :ultalex:it appears as all of Steve's alts are invisible and thus rendered null. This is highly egregious.

Well, its been a fun and extremely satisfying ride.

An amazing cast of characters, a fantastic set of Fighter Passes and overall a truly glorious game. All created by many hard working and talented people, with many moving parts all coming together and contributing.

Many pre conceived narratives have been smashed (pun intended), eggs have met faces and many slices of humble pie have been served. The landscape has well and truly changed.

It really is the ultimate Smash title.

Ridley isn't too big, Steve wasn't not realisable, K.Rool isn't irrelevant, Sora was not impossible, the Belmonts weren't a pipe dream and Banjo & Kazooie have not been forgotten.

Who woulda thunk it eh?

I hope that most people got what they were looking for out of this outstanding game in some shape or form. Enjoy it!

Till next time!

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Bro
You KNOW this game's speculation is wild

To the point where ANY video game character was a legit possibility? Bro.. That Ain't no joke
People started taking Western characters more seriously.
People started expecting some unexpected picks.
People started speculating on proper indie representation.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well I guess I better share some thoughts:

Ultimate itself was...certainly something...

:ultsimon::ultrichter: and :ultsephiroth:were pretty damn exciting additions to the Smash roster...who both just so happened to have their reveals spoiled, the former because of Nintendo and the latter because I just had to grab dinner at the worst possible time. I was still happy as heck to see them and all but it sucked to lose some of that shock factor, would have loved to hear One-Winged Angel live during E3.

:ultbyleth::ultbylethf: and :ultkrool:were neato additions I was fine with, even if I would have preferred Edelgard or Dixie Kong respectively...

Most other characters were very meh and whatever to me, and then there's :ultincineroar: and :ultpiranha: who I just kinda REALLY didn't like seeing...and no my feelings on Incineroar aren't entirely because of the grinch leak, I was never a fan of Incin's design ever since it was revealed for Sun/Moon and I just don't like Pokemon continuously getting the red carpet treatment and getting fighters handed to it on silver platters. I understand why it gets the treatment, but that doesn't mean I will be fine with it.

Gameplay wise Ultimate is largely fine..if you can get past the iffy online mode. The story mode is okay, if not redudant. WOuld have been nice if the story mode had, you know...some story to it...

Overall, SSB Ultimate is a good game and all, I've put alot of hours into and largely enjoy it, but yeah, while the overall roster is damn great, Ultimate's newcomers specifically, while not bad for the most part, just didn't muster THAT much excitement for me, atleast not past the August 2018 direct 3 frickin' years ago (and the couple of times it could have got me more excited kinda got screwed up like I mentioned above), and not getting a single MW or character I put alot of support behind was certainly unfortunate.

But hey, because Ultimate didn't super hype me like it clearly did others, I'm someone who's actually pretty excited to see what Smash 6 will be like and see what direction Smash 6 will take, which is also why I do have some interest in sticking around here and seeing what kind of Smash 6 discussion happens. So there's that I guess. :4pacman:

And to be less of a massive buzzkill, I will go and say that speculation was very fun and getting to interact with (most) of you all was great. It maybe wasn't always nice and there have certainly been some headaches to be had with some of the nonsense that has popped up during Smash Ultimate speculation, whether it be in this thread, some other part of SMashboards, or some other part of the internet. But eh the good definitely outweighed the bad for me. WHile I said Smash 6 speculation is something that I would be interested in sticking around for, there's also the fact that this site has a bunch of coool peeps to communicate with as well.

And....yeah that's all I got.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
It really makes a lot of sense that Ultimate would've originally ended with Bandai Namco's own character before Disney gave the final approval to let Sora happen. Really makes me appreciate Sora's inclusion even more tbh
Holy ****, the thread's closing on the 3 year anniversary of the Grinch leak

Grinch....won
It's like poetry, it rhymes

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's weird to think that Smash speculation actually has an end now, y'know? I was extremely deep into Smash speculation for most of Smash 4 and early Ultimate, then being involved on and off with the rest of Ultimate, and the thought of it ending never really crossed my mind a whole lot until we got Kazuya.

But even so, despite all the lows, there were plenty more highs, and seeing all the heartfelt messages from people I recognise and don't alike makes me feel oddly emotional. Even if I never got the character I was hoping for the most, I'm still happy Kyo and KOF in general got as much representation as it did. It's now forever a part of Smash's history, and I'm grateful for it.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with how Ultimate turned out, and it truly lived up to it's name. Idk where Smash goes from here, but wherever it is, I'll be there for another wild ride with my favourite characters.

Well, I guess that's that. Until next time!

Jin_kusanagi.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom