• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And I guess I’ll also buy the Octoling hat. Even if it’s technically the enemy octoling

maybe the cuter playable octos will get in the roster next game…? UwU

Like the ones from Octo Expansion and base game Splatoon 3

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's a solid idea for people to grab the costumes of characters they'd like to see playable, even if they don't care about the costume themselves. You never know if Nintendo might be looking at costume sales numbers for future direction.

I'm also gonna grab the Doom Slayer costume despite not picking up most costumes just because a tiny little Doom Slayer with cartoony proportions is both really cute and really funny. xD

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway

It's been said before, but I think we're still going to get Spirit events going forward.

However, how they add them in to the forever rotation is another question.

The only time they add Spirits to the general rotation that used to be event/promo exclusive is through major patches, and with Sora, that's the last major content patch we're going to get.

I 100% expect balance patches going forward to take up this job, and even then, we have to get patches of some form next year due to FP2 Amiibo support.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I have 2 questions
1. Do you think smash ballout result outdated and expired now and won’t be used in future smash game since the number 1 character on the poll has finally arrived?
2. Will smash still receive new spirits after Sora releases?
I think the Ballot will be heavily devalued going forward, but if there's one thing I know about data analysis, it's that once you have data you never let it go. I'm sure they'll use Ballot data to cross-check choices that existed at the time and determine whether they'll be generally well received as well as to solidify veteran choices (it's not like all the people who voted for Geno hate him now or anything like that, Sora voters would likely vote Sora again, Snake voters still want him in the game, so on and so forth).

I think Twitter trends from this cycle will be a significant factor in decisions for the next game, especially in regard to which third parties they bring in. You already saw this influence in Mii costumes, so I expect it to extend into the main roster of next game too.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
And I guess I’ll also buy the Octoling hat. Even if it’s technically the enemy octoling

maybe the cuter playable octos will get in the roster next game…? UwU

Like the ones from Octo Expansion and base game Splatoon 3
And who knows? If the next game has a PvE mode, the enemy Octolings could make a special appearance alongside the playable ones.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Anyway

It's been said before, but I think we're still going to get Spirit events going forward.

However, how they add them in to the forever rotation is another question.

The only time they add Spirits to the general rotation that used to be event/promo exclusive is through major patches, and with Sora, that's the last major content patch we're going to get.

I 100% expect balance patches going forward to take up this job, and even then, we have to get patches of some form next year due to FP2 Amiibo support.
Nah we're actually going to get Waluigi and Crash they're going to be shadowdropped at The Game Awards 2021 and I know this because I am literally Vergeben and know everything

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just… I am a bit disheartened by how Splatoon 2 got the short end of the stick in Ultimate despite being a Switch game

FE3H got a sizable amount of content with Byleth, Min Min brought more ARMS content beyond the Spring Man AT and miis of him and Ribbon Girl, and Pyra/Mythra brought more XC2 content aside from the 2 songs and Rex and Nia miis

Splatoon? Like 90% of the content was of the first game - Squid Sisters AT, miis of Callie, Marie, Mr. Judd (not even Li’l Judd even tho Li’l does appear on the Splatoon stage) and Octoling (the ENEMY Octoling). inkling’s move set is pretty much all Splatoon 1 based too, the Killer Wail isn’t in 2 except for a certain Octo Expansion cutscene. Only content from 2 was spirits of Off the Hook (Pearl & Marina), a few OtH songs and exactly one (1) Salmon Run song, and the only Octo Expansion content were the spirits for Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy; and Octoling Octopus (all the playable OE variant). And those two and the OtH spirits were based of their amiibo

#JusticeForSplatoon2AndOctoExpansion

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And who knows? If the next game has a PvE mode, the enemy Octolings could make a special appearance alongside the playable ones.
Oooooh that would be a dope idea, like the return of Smash Run or if a WoL successor had Subspace like platforming segments
Nah we're actually going to get Waluigi and Crash they're going to be shadowdropped at The Game Awards 2021 and I know this because I am literally Vergeben and know everything
Fake. You didn’t mention Master Chief. :secretkpop:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
All I'm saying is that Ultimate speculation isn't over until Cacomallow is confirmed which it will be because no one's ever recreated it (and you can't mod Mii Costumes into the game so you literally can't recreate it).

See y'all at The Game Awards when they announce Waluigi and he finally comes with the Cacomallow costumes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
All I'm saying is that Ultimate speculation isn't over until Cacomallow is confirmed which it will be because no one's ever recreated it (and you can't mod Mii Costumes into the game so you literally can't recreate it).

See y'all at The Game Awards when they announce Waluigi and he finally comes with the Cacomallow costumes.
Pony please

The Cacomallow wars are over

Pony

Please

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Noi it's not over until it's recreated.

WHERE'S THE RECREATION NOI? WHERE IS IT??
Here you go I recreated the cacomallow leak. I made all the mii hats look exactly like the one from the leak.

Here's the original.
Ea4pX48U8AA5Qc8.jpg

And here's my recreation.
Ea4pX48U8AA5Qc8.jpg

I made it exactly perfect. Now we can all go home.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

It's always funny to see ****posts like these solely to see how people react to them. :4pacman:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
i was thinking is playable Monster Hunter worth getting in smash if Byleth already stole almost everything he does
yeah because Byleth was actually going to be Monster Hunter before Capcom walked back on the negotiations it's why his moveset is so inconsistent because it wasn't meant for him but actually Monster Hunter

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
i was thinking is playable Monster Hunter worth getting in smash if Byleth already stole almost everything he does
yeah because Byleth was actually going to be Monster Hunter before Capcom walked back on the negotiations it's why his moveset is so inconsistent because it wasn't meant for him but actually Monster Hunter
Still not sure how that train of though works. I mean, Byleth just used the weapon triangle and a bow for fighting other people. Isn't Monster Hunter all about using a wide array of BFWs to just slaughter these massive titans?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Makes a compelling case for this thread to have a successor instead of just being closed and scattered to the wind...

But what do I know, I've only been through three Smash cycles. :p
:mad088:
Your passive aggressive comments are duly noted thank you!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
some people say Ridley or Dark Samus or Sephiroth are the most canon evil characters in smash but what about Olimar? he basically cause a mass genocide and slavery

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, if it's one character that really got screwed over by timing more than anyone (besides those from series with rotating casts), I honestly think it's Takamaru.

Back in the lead up to Smash 4 he was a very talked about character, and by far the fan favorite when it came to potential retro character options. Like if you wanna talk about characters popular during the Smash 4 era that still aren't in, Takamaru is right with Isaac at like the top of the list. And his prospects looked pretty good, too! Especially since even if his original game was Japan only, he still had international appearances with Samurai Warriors 3 and Nintendoland.

But then later on it's revealed that while Sakurai did consider Takamaru, he decided against him due to his original game's lack of an international appearance, and instead made him an Assist Trophy. The roster was decided in early 2012...only for an international release of The Mysterious Murasame Castle to happen anyway in 2014 for the 3DS.

And then to make matters worse, general skepticism due to his Assist Trophy status affected his ballot turnout, more than likely, as the idea that the ballot would be used for a sequel wasn't a common thing at this point. So when Ultimate's base game arrives and brings back all of the veterans, there's only so much room for newcomers...only six non-echo ones, in fact. And when the competition consists of Isabelle and Inkling (two of Nintendo's most prominent characters), Ridley and King K. Rool (two of the biggest requests), Simon Belmont (a brand new third party character), and Incineroar (the obligatory new Pokémon), there just wasn't enough room.

And the DLC comes out! ...But Nintendo seemingly prefers first party DLC newcomers to have some synergy with their current console offerings, and because The Mysterious Murasame Castle is a retro game for the Famicom, it didn't make the cut.

All in all, I honestly think that if the Murasame Castle 3DS port happened at least two years earlier for international audiences, Takamaru would have made the cut for Smash 4. It was just a case of truly awful timing. And...honestly? I think Takamaru, alongside Waluigi and Isaac, are definitely first party characters to keep an eye out for next time. Especially if it's a game that isn't focused on bringing everybody back, and as a result would have more room for additions of Takamaru's caliber.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
some people say Ridley or Dark Samus or Sephiroth are the most canon evil characters in smash but what about Olimar? he basically cause a mass genocide and slavery
Pokemon Trainer LITERALLY supports dogfighting and animal slavery. SMH

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
:mad088:
Your passive aggressive comments are duly noted thank you!

bro I'm not ****posting would I, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , ever ****post on the 100% serious website https://smashboards.com/threads/dlc-speculation-discussion-volume-ii.509845/page-2652???

No? I thought not.
First time I think I've ever seen someone tag themselves lol

At least he got the stage right…

sees N3ON’s new pfp
I see, you are a man of culture as well.
Woman, but yes, the rest is correct, thank you. :awesome:

Here you go I recreated the cacomallow leak. I made all the mii hats look exactly like the one from the leak.

Here's the original.
View attachment 333725

And here's my recreation.
View attachment 333725

I made it exactly perfect. Now we can all go home.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know, if it's one character that really got screwed over by timing more than anyone (besides those from series with rotating casts), I honestly think it's Takamaru.

Back in the lead up to Smash 4 he was a very talked about character, and by far the fan favorite when it came to potential retro character options. Like if you wanna talk about characters popular during the Smash 4 era that still aren't in, Takamaru is right with Isaac at like the top of the list. And his prospects looked pretty good, too! Especially since even if his original game was Japan only, he still had international appearances with Samurai Warriors 3 and Nintendoland.

But then later on it's revealed that while Sakurai did consider Takamaru, he decided against him due to his original game's lack of an international appearance, and instead made him an Assist Trophy. The roster was decided in early 2012...only for an international release of The Mysterious Murasame Castle to happen anyway in 2014 for the 3DS.

And then to make matters worse, general skepticism due to his Assist Trophy status affected his ballot turnout, more than likely, as the idea that the ballot would be used for a sequel wasn't a common thing at this point. So when Ultimate's base game arrives and brings back all of the veterans, there's only so much room for newcomers...only six non-echo ones, in fact. And when the competition consists of Isabelle and Inkling (two of Nintendo's most prominent characters), Ridley and King K. Rool (two of the biggest requests), Simon Belmont (a brand new third party character), and Incineroar (the obligatory new Pokémon), there just wasn't enough room.

And the DLC comes out! ...But Nintendo seemingly prefers first party DLC newcomers to have some synergy with their current console offerings, and because The Mysterious Murasame Castle is a retro game for the Famicom, it didn't make the cut.

All in all, I honestly think that if the Murasame Castle 3DS port happened at least two years earlier for international audiences, Takamaru would have made the cut for Smash 4. It was just a case of truly awful timing. And...honestly? I think Takamaru, alongside Waluigi and Isaac, are definitely first party characters to keep an eye out for next time. Especially if it's a game that isn't focused on bringing everybody back, and as a result would have more room for additions of Takamaru's caliber.
They should just add Takamaru because samurai are cool.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

dont forget alot of people wouldnt want him in especially during this era because he is apparently another blue haired anime swordsmen lol
its not only that but Haohmaru from Samurai Showdown could wipe him out if SNK wanted him to be their 2nd rep.
i was one of the people who supported Takamaru but i changed my mind about him when i discovered more interesting retro characters and played their games.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
dont forget alot of people wouldnt want him in especially during this era because he is apparently another blue haired anime swordsmen lol
its not only that but Haohmaru from Samurai Showdown could wipe him out if SNK wanted him to be their 2nd rep.
i was one of the people who supported Takamaru but i changed my mind about him when i discovered more interesting retro characters and played their games.
yeah ok but have you considered that takamaru is Based

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m still a rather avid supporter of Takamaru even though I haven’t been entirely vocal about him this cycle. He’s just one of Nintendo’s cooler characters. An Edo(?) period Samurai character who can throw kunai, fireballs, and turn invisible as he takes on a paranormal/alien threat? It’s badass man.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Honestly I'm not sure if getting the Famicom game localized on the VC would qualify as being sufficiently prolific outside Japan to Sakurai. A VC release is sort of bottom rung underneath retail ports, remakes, and then, full new titles.

Obviously it is an international release of his game, I just question whether it would've been seen as up to Sakurai's standards for western recognition.

I mean otherwise we should more or less be expecting Takamaru at any time now, right? But I'm still kind of skeptical it will happen without an actual new game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They should just add Takamaru because samurai are cool.
Not even just a samurai, but a samurai who can throw shurikens and windmill swords, turn invisible, shoot walls of fireballs, and summon lightning storms, in addition to all of the lightning quick sword strikes samurai are known for. He's just like, a legitimately cool character pick. It's no wonder people were quick to get behind him back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom