• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Also I am highly certain that sora is going to be in it with disney characters,i could be wrong but you know,thats my last minute prediction

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last minute prediction: if it's not an Undertale rep (which I'm still pretty sure it will be), it'll be Rayman. I also have... Goku in the back of my mind.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Didn’t make any 4chan leaks though that would’ve been funny. Thank you for the nice message
I just meant you shared 4chan leaks that you've found on the site, not that you made any

------------------

Also I'm just gonna say a few things here

-I do suspect a Surprise that is more than CP11. The fact that Harada deleted a Tweet that was talking about there being "Surprises" in the Smash Presentation leads me to believe this, Plus the whole Bonus Slot thing on the Website

If it's not Another Fighter, It's got to be like a New Mode or something, something that would likely be free for those that Bought the Pass, but perhaps paid for those that didn't. If it's a stage, then I'm betting it's a Stage from a 3rd party or something.

Though I think the Bonus content is likely tied to CP11 Specifically, which is probably why it's numbering is listed straight after CP11, but before the Ancient Armor Costume. Since Ancient Armor was announced literally when FP2 was announced in Byleth's presentation, and the supposed Bonus content is before, this had to have been planned from the start, and I Imagine the reason it wasn't revealed is because CP11 wasn't revealed yet.

Perhaps the Trailer would also perhaps Spoil what the Bonus Content is, which might add more reason to why they made the Reveal in a Separate Presentation instead of Direct, since they can explain it better when they have 40 Minutes instead of doing it in packed Direct

-Is it bad that I could legit see the argument in James Bond being CP11. I looked at 4chan

/v/ - >Third best-selling game on N64 >FPS rep >Tomorrow - Video Games - 4chan (4channel.org)

Granted I don't think James Bond getting in. I guess I'm getting to hyped up for who CP11 is, that anything is sounding believable and such

-I watched Max's Video. I don't know if he spoke like he knew Fighter Pass 3 was in production, I think he said it in a way that's saying that would be the way The Presentation wouldn't break any hearts hypotehtically

To be honest, I do think that plans for the Next Smash are underway, and that Conversations with other 3rd parties have either taken place, or are Taking place as we speak. Max noted that Smash Ultimate is the most supported game in terms of DLC, going at 3 years. Nintendo probably knows they would get more of Another Smash game than just more DLC, especially if it's tied to the Launch of New Switch Models or Revisions.

It would also explain the additions of Fighter Slots despite Development seeming to come to a Close. I Imagine they wouldn't want to fracture the Playerbase, so whatever new additions come to the New Smash game, could perhaps also be added to the Original Smash Ultimate game

So I think while for now This is it for Smash for awhile, I do think we could come back to speculating about the game sooner than we might think, but perhaps that's Optimistic

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, as everyone says it's been a wild ride. I owe speculation a lot of my sanity, to be honest. I work in a job that isn't always the most stimulating even if I enjoy it, and during down time I'd come on here and post in support threads or catch up on the latest leaks. I remember the day of Joker's reveal well, not least of which because it came a day after someone in the thread told us we were foolish for thinking he could get in. I skinned my knee in excitement during the reveal and nearly got a noise complaint at my apartment. Good times.

Without going into detail, I lost a lot in 2019. It was in many ways the worst year of my life to date. Despite my hardships, this forum, the community I met because of it, and speculation kept me going. No matter how hard things got, I had something rather therapeutic to fall back on, an ultimately harmless place to theorycraft, channel my emotions, get proven wrong by Sakurai constantly, and have a good time. Sure, there were times that it stung, like Heihachi or Travis's deconfirmations, but there were joyous times too, like Kazuya or Terry.

I owe the speculation scene a lot. It gave me a new community when I needed it most and helped keep me grounded, to say nothing of the personal growth I've gone through throughout these years. It's sad to see it end, but it's been a wonderful ride, and I can only hope to keep having fun with video games and Nintendo Directs and all thanks to the great people I've met here.

It'll be nice to see the full mural, too. This game is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I'm glad I got the chance to be here.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Turns out today is the 8th anniversary of Kill la Kill in Japan, and Sakurai said Smash will breach the area of what's gaming and what isn't.
Hope you're happy with Ryuko Matoi coming to Smash. :4pacman:
She'll be in a trailer with Bayonetta. Which actually would be kind of ****ing sick really.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Okay, what a weird feeling. Three years have gone by and so much has changed in my life and in the world, but yet, it feels like yesterday I was just getting the news of a new Smash game. But this is it. It feels almost historic, at least in our little circle.

I cannot help but get hyped.

So who is it going to be? I still cannot shake the feeling it will be a SMT rep, but I am starting to really cool off on that thought. My gut is starting to switch to Master Chief, but I think the hype might be getting to me. Other than that? There are so many possibilities, Ray Man suddenly seems possible given Sakurai’s tweet yesterday or even an indie rep. The climate also seems like even Sor might be possible. I no longer think it will be a first party Nintendo character given the scenario. As for who my dark horse pick is? Joanna Dark

Kritter

Smash Cadet
Imagine this: Bond gets revealed. Sakurai talks about how he wanted to get him into Melee but it didn’t work, so now there is some closure in getting him in. He mentions how other characters have been cut, and it seems that an “ultimate” Smash should have everyone. He then announces a 3rd pass of cut characters, but announces all of them up front. Since they are all semi-clones, they will release quicker and there will be no presentations for them. Includes Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Plusle & Minun. I don’t know if I missed any others. Chorus Kids? What would be your reaction?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OH YEAH

I never really talked about it here, but last night I actually had a dream about the presentation. It starts with a Piranha Plant alt or something, and then I skipped around to later - I dunno, maybe I hopped on late - And lo and behold, the final fighter is Toad. Fairly standard stuff, used Mario powerups.

Also everyone was pissed. Angry about how it's the worst possible way to end the pass, and how Smash physically cannot end on a good character, and all that. Yeah...

I do not like the implications here, Sam I Am. I do not like them at all.
I once had a dream we got a non-video game character, it was literally someone’s OC and everyone was rightfully pissed

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Well guys today is the day let’s hope we all get the character we wanted. Dreaming that it’s going to be Krystal but know not likely but hey I can dream!

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice

I love how Sakurai just shares a picture of his cat and he has to clarify "this isn't related to Smash".
Man, there goes my hope for Garfield.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

I love how Sakurai just shares a picture of his cat and he has to clarify "this isn't related to Smash".
He's lying. His cat is getting in Smash. :4pacman:

In all serious, it's ****ing adorable.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Probably won't be able to catch it live, because I have work to do. But for what it's worth, it's been fun.

I don't think I'll move on to the Social Thread. I've been there a few times in the past and every single time I ended up regretting it lol.

I'll probably lurk around the NASB thread and keep PMing a few people. But otherwise, I'll do like my namesake and go extinct. :roll:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ultimate made them crazy moolah so re-negotiating shouldn’t be that hard

also re: promotion of games - good thing YouTube gaming and Twitch exists. Free advertisement!
I know you and I have had our differences but you are spot-on with some of these posts. Ultimate will be a hard act to follow so I can see a port be more likely (especially if this is Sakurai's last game) versus a new Smash; similar to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
In a little over 3 hours we will finally know who the final Ultimate DLC character is. I'm not expecting anyone big name or anything like that.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I don't think speculation really has a future anymore, not when we'll likely never get a Smash game of this scale ever again

So it's really surreal to see others talking like it'll be business-as-usual anyway.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
It feels super weird to be coming to the close of what's been almost one continuous era of Smash ever since Smash 4. I only joined this site Feb 2020, but in that time there have been some fun discussions, as well as some absolutely insane ones haha.

I've mainly hung out here and in the character support threads, so once this is done idk if I'll migrate over to the social thread or just take a break from Smashboards. Still, if I don't end up staying around afterwards, thanks for everything -- it's been fun.

As for final character predictions? Fingers crossed for Phoenix, but it could easily be anyone. Heck for all I know it could be Nagi Usui with her mouth laser

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Here you go.
It's kind of a shame, I agree. Would've been a great send-off! But y'know, there's still other great choices on the table.
Unfortunately for me, comicbook.com are being their usual clickbaity selves and I feel like this could be one final misdirect - he never actually mentions Master Chief by name.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I’m personally Going into the final fighter with the off chance that M theory was legit. That way if it’s proved right or wrong I’ll be neutral to it since I expected it

My last minute prediction is that it’ll be from sega. Just feels Obvious in a way. The company that works on mario games and has had a rep in smash wii u and pass 1 all of a sudden stoped getting content during pass 2 when every other company from pass 1 got new content (apart from snk)

Not to mention sega genesis coming to switch online. It’s gonna be phantasy star if M theory is correct. If it’s not a legitimate thing then I’m banking on it being a sonic character. No way on earth Sega turns down a spot in pass 2 if offered the chance

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok so this may not be the last last thing I saw before the reveal but I just wanted to thank SmashBoards for providing me a fun speculation experience these past few months. I can’t wait to see who’s the lucky character getting the holy invitation today! And best of
luck to you all, in wanting a character, and IRL!
❤❤

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Hey, can we check if there's any important people in the gaming industry/big companies that have retweeted the Smash Bros presentation? I remember people at Microsoft retweeted the Steve direct.

Like'd to see if that can pin point stuff down.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Well, here we are.

It pretty much goes without saying that the group of posters active now will likely not be the same after today and certainly not when/if the next Smash emerges. Given the pie in the sky nature of Ultimate, its probably safe to say the next one will be pretty different and attract a whole new/different pack of fans compelled to join Smashboards.

I joined a little under two years ago, after being a long time lurker. Though I became active well after the initial game hype and even the first 12 or so months of DLC, its been fun. Even when the pandemic was driving all of us crazy, and with how news/updates began to taper off a lot, it was nice to have a place to offer some respite, even if it was just hypothetical speculation about what/when the next Twitter drop would be.

Smash Ultimate has been unique in having one of the longest prominently active lifetimes by a Nintendo title, with both the company and the fans partaking in their own campaigns; a constant PR push by the former and social media activity by the latter. Its hard to say if we'll ever get anything quite like this again (cue the collective groans when we get the 5 Year Plan of DLC for Smash Kerfuffle in 2027), but even if we do I don't think it will ever be quite so novel.

Even with all this cycle's ups and downs, bitter fights, or obnoxious behaviors that a big media and its relevant message board brings I think there will be a lot of moments and conversations from this time to look back on and smile about.

Its funny, SharkLord mentioned that a lot of their big excitement had faded by now, and I think up until two weeks ago I would have agreed. However, the combination of the final Sakurai Presents announcement, the cryptic commends on Twitter, and significant explosion of last minute speculation and theories has oddly renewed tings for me. Call me a mark, but Sakurai and company have indeed reeled me in one last time and even with my skeptical brain still convinced we're getting a Gen 8 Pokémon, I'm still going into this final presentation somewhat exhilarated at what we might see.

So to all of you in this thread and beyond, whether its the last time we see each other or we reunite when this crazy ride starts up again, all I can say is thanks for the fun and interesting conversations that were had.

No Leaks, Hype Only, Final Destination.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This'll be my last post before I get to work, so I'll say this: if the reveal starts with Sakurai pulling out a cell phone, it's probably Euden.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Been here since what? 2014? And lurked before that, so I think the Final Battle is a good way to send myself off to other endeavor.

This'll be my last post before I get to work, so I'll say this: if the reveal starts with Sakurai pulling out a cell phone, it's probably Euden.
Sharena: “Fire Emblem……HEROES”
Sakurai: “whoops, gotta lower the volume”
audience laughs

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Oh yea
Predictions I guess
So for those who know me well enough I USUALLY don’t hard predict characters.

Today, imma do the opposite and break some barriers.
I am hard predicting that this fighter’s either gonna be my man Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Or
Frisk from Undertale
I’ve had a super good feeling about both of these characters.
And I’m ready to be either right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom