• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I should probably say goodbye as well. I’ll probably be watching the presentation quite late because I have classes so I’m not sure if the thread will be open by the time I’m done. Anyway, I mostly lurked, but it was fun reading all of your takes and stuff. I had a really good time speculating, thank you all for that. :) Good luck getting your MWs.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll pop in here occasionally but this is probably the last big hurrah for me too. Thanks for the speculation, laughs and memes.

Speaking of Smash dreams, I had a dream Chrom was revealed back in the Smash 4 days. His entire trailer was just him fighting Jigglypuff. No stage, not showing off against other characters or anything, Sakurai literally just played a 2 minute trailer of Chrom beating up Jiggles and that was it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey, y'all. It's been a awhile, hasn't it.

I must say, as someone who has lurked in this thread throughout much of Ultimate's life, I just wanted to express my gratitude to you all for making daily life a little more interesting with the opinions and ideas that you have all shared.

Not gonna lie, though, there's a part of me that is going to feel hollow from not hearing about Smash anymore. It's been so ingrained into our collective consciousness since at least the early 2010s that no longer being exposed to these bombastic events will take some getting used to.

But.... Maybe that's ok.

As somebody who witnessed the bittersweet reactions that a lot of people had to Smash 4's ending, I don't doubt that Ultimate will likely have the same effect.

After being through the rollercoaster that has been Ultimate speculation, though, I just get a sense of levity as we approach the finale.

I think if nothing else, Ultimate truly exemplified just how remarkable of a collaborator Sakurai really is and while we took that for granted for years, the scale and ambition of Ultimate has made a lot of people really realize just how special Smash is.

I'm so lucky to have been born during Smash's peak. It's been an absolute pleasure not just witnessing its rise from the sidelines, but fully embracing it when dreams such as K. Rool and BK came true.

Cherish the memories that you have made with Ultimate and Smash as a whole. We're truly lucky to have been a part of it.

For anyone who is wishing for a character tomorrow, I hope your wish comes true tomorrow.

Have a good night.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm glad that Jimmy is in. I assume if the rumors about a Jimmy skin coming to Fortnite is true it will coincide with that.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm glad that Jimmy is in. I assume if the rumors about a Jimmy skin coming to Fortnite is true it will coincide with that.
The Fortnite rumors were 100% False and the Voice lines do not indicate what will be coming as DLC According to the devs.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
Even though I haven’t been here long (or interacted much for that matter) it was fun seeing the countless discussions all this time (and all the chaos👀), so here’s to hoping the last reveal is something special that makes me and others happy. I may pop up in the Social thread after all is said and done and if not then it was a pleasure talking with y’all, until next time!

Shroob

Sup?
The Fortnite rumors were 100% False and the Voice lines do not indicate what will be coming as DLC According to the devs.
Yeah, but I kinda... doooon't trust the devs at this point either tbh. Like, "Oh, no, the Garfield leak is totally fake haha!(Actually it's 100% real). Also, like someone else mentioned, why have these at all in the game files if they weren't planned to be used? Like, there's covering your bases sure, but these are very oddly specific bases, and, of course, the fact that we already know that Garfield and Shredder are confirmed DLC.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yeah, but I kinda... doooon't trust the devs at this point either tbh. Like, "Oh, no, the Garfield leak is totally fake haha!(Actually it's 100% real). Also, like someone else mentioned, why have these at all in the game files if they weren't planned to be used? Like, there's covering your bases sure, but these are very oddly specific bases, and, of course, the fact that we already know that Garfield and Shredder are confirmed DLC.
I'm with you there for the most part, I'm mostly just lying to myself so I don't get hyped over Jimmy neutron lmao.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Forget Bubsy, this character would literally cause an internet meltdown.
Well, thank the many gods of the world this is just a really well done fake. I can't imagine the unbridled wrath of the Sonic fandom if Zavok were to make it in over literally any other character in the franchise (I'm certain even Elise would be better recieved).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, thank the many gods of the world this is just a really well done fake. I can't imagine the unbridled wrath of the Sonic fandom if Zavok were to make it in over literally any other character in the franchise (I'm certain even Elise would be better recieved).
Elise's biggest sins are debuting in a bad game and being a bland character.

Zavok debuted in a bad game, is a bland character, AND refuses to go anywhere.

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
to give some context to the leaks

Garfield and Shredder are the most "complete" characters, Garfield has a semi-complete stage

but there was a ton of character names found in the announcer files, I know things are shaky because, well the garfield leak was real after they denied it but i'm willing to believe rep here, there's about 20+ extra unused names and they're all over like "Cindy Vortex" is one, they claimed a lot of these were just covering bases for ideas

video with them here

sorry to derail smash hype thread will return to my hole

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know speculation is near it's end, but please try to stay on topic. Please use the NASB thread for further discussion of that game.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well folks, this is it. It's, uh, 5:25 AM on the day. I woke up stupidly early again, again accidentally. I'm gonna post this and then probably go dark for a bit. Not really interested in having things spoiled on the off chance something slips.

It's been kind of crazy. Looking at the start of Smash 4 to now as a single hype cycle - which I largely do... this is it! This is the end. That's really surreal. Like, my brain knew it had to happen, but I don't think the rest of me did. It's weird, in how it's difficult for me to fully process, with these two games - Smash 4 and Ultimate - having been a part of my life for almost half of it.

Now, it was only three years of that I spent on Smashboards on and off, but I've enjoyed that time quite a bit. It's a nice spot to hang out and I plan on migrating to the social thread at some point. It's certainly bound to be better than the mile-a-minute, toxic cesspools that tend to define other social media. So, thanks for that, people.

So, here we are. The Final Destination. Strap in, enjoy it all.
Buh-bye.

Now, I just need to manage to get the **** back to sleep.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Was watching The Chase Australia.

One of the questions from today was: Which of the following video game characters has not appeared as a fighter in the Super Smash Bros. series?
A. Pac-Man B. Donkey Kong C. Lara Croft

Just find it amusing that of all the days for that question to air it happened today.

Will be extra funny if the question gets outdated with the presentation.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Was watching The Chase Australia.

One of the questions from today was: Which of the following video game characters has not appeared as a fighter in the Super Smash Bros. series?
A. Pac-Man B. Donkey Kong C. Lara Croft

Just find it amusing that of all the days for that question to air it happened today.

Will be extra funny if the question gets outdated with the presentation.
lara croft would be an amazing addition and a great way to close out the dlc cycle

ngl tho I dont want her in the game if she cant climb the stage

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There's a good chance I won't get another opportunity to post in this thread before it shuts down, so here goes.

I haven't been speculating with you guys for very long, but for what it's worth, I had a ton of fun here. Despite the Waluigi talk, Nahobino talk, 4chan leak discussion an all that other ****, I'm gonna miss this. It's absolutely surreal that this game is coming to an end, but it's been one hell of a ride.

Like I said before, I'll be in the social thread even after this is over, so I'll see you guys there.

Staarih

Smash Master
Here I was thinking it was good that I have to work right up until the presentation to keep my mind off it, but the jitters are getting to me and it's starting to sink in that this is the end.

I dunno if I'll be staying on this site much after speculation, it's a bit clunky to use sometimes and gaming-wise I'll circle around other sites anyway, but we'll see... it's become a daily habit after all. Come a new speculation cycle, I'm likely gonna be here though lol.

I have no predictions and no expectations and really no big "wants" at this point either (though Undertale is still there in my gut) so in just under five hours, I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom