• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If the Japanese polls are anything to go by Bandana Dee getting in would make them almost as happy as Sora getting included.

Sakurai potentially finishing out his final Smash game via Kirby character would be a nice bit of poetry, especially within the context of him finally acknowledging something from the series post Superstar.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Do you mean that you think that how they'd handle it would end up influencing how Roll works in the main series games going forward similarly to how his Mega Man 11 design is inspired by his Super Smash Bros. design?
Should've clarified what I meant there - I was thinking a future appearance in the Mega Man franchise would influence how she appeared in Smash, although I'll also admit that that wasn't well thought out.

"Please wait and let your imagination run wild."

They're hyping us, it's clearly Kratos.

Jokes aside, it seems to me that they are over hyping the identity of the character
Regardless of how big this character is it's in their interest to do so. Hell, the rise of clickbait content creators over the last few years (in more languages than just Japanese or English, mind) has given them even more reasons to do stuff like this.

HungryBox noted this actually (sure, back during the FreeMelee uproar, but still) - his reaction to Steve's sleeping animation got over 1 million views on Twitter. Those content creators help keep the eyes on the Presentations.

So in the end, I'm leaning on this tweet meaning very little beyond the advertising.

So, how would this guy know anything?
Assuming this is an intern: He wouldn't neccessarily need to know - the intern could've gotten a memo saying "Please make sure to subtly hype up this presentation." I'm pretty damn sure they're fully aware of the speculation scenes as well for that matter.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

“Imagination run wild”… what could that hint at?

Sakurai has always included cryptic hints in his retweets

“red eyes” before August 8 = King K. Rool
The three with his hand = Byleth
“Festival” = Steve, this was a reference to minecon
“Play with sound enabled” = Sephiroth, to reference how easily One Winged Angel is recognized
“Hoho” twice = Pyra/Mythra

DAMMIT :ultgreninja: ’d
Push's second post there, btw, gives an additional translation as saying the presentation will also reveal the release date of the final fighter. Soft confirmation that it won't be shadowdropped on the same day right? Not that a lot of people were expecting that I guess but it's something.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
While normally I'm quick to go "haha intern-kun" I'm, like, semi-confident Sakurai runs his own Twitter? Nothing about the tweet seems like an unnatural thing for him to say.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I don't get why basic publicity practices are seen as "hyping it up", like obviously, no matter who it is, the development team worked hard making the character and expect it to sell, for instance, barely any speculated character have sold more and/or are as recognizable as the Pokémon in Sword and Shield for example, i am hoping its a WarioWare character, Fire Emblem Heroes or Puyo Puyo, but any first party sounds good to me and to many others.

The fact a new character will be joining Smash is important enough to hype the announcement, it´s their own product, they don't care if people talk bad about it as long as it sells.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't get why basic publicity practices are seen as "hyping it up", like obviously, no matter who it is, the development team worked hard in the character and expect it to sell, for instance barely any speculated character have sold more and are as recognizable as the Pokémon in Sword and Shield for example, i am hoping its a WarioWare character, Fire Emblem Heroes or Puyo Puyo, but any first party sounds good to me and to many others.

The fact a new character will be joining Smash is important enough to hype the announcement, it´s their own product, they don't care if people talk bad about it as long as it sells.
You must be fun at parties. Let people go wild and have fun. It's harmless.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait

"Let your imagination run wild."

What game just got a new part where the entire thing is inside people's imagination and dreams?

Who personally played(And beat) Sakurai in Smash?

Ah yeah

It's Kris time

View attachment 332661
Technically the Dark World is real in-universe but some stuff make it seem like it could be based on imagination/dreams coming to life so it still fits idk Yes please Sakurai I want to become a [[BIG SHOT]]!

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
But... does the dude behind Smash Twitter acount know who CP11 is?

I mean, I don't see anywhere where they're hyping the character. The countdown they've been doing lately is just a common thing in these cases. When you're close to the end of something, isn't that rare to remember the journey. That's what they're doing.

Though I will admit that the "please wait and let your imagination run wild" (assuming the translation entirely captured the original meaning) thing is kinda weird. I can concede that with that they might be hyping the last fighter a little bit. But I don't know, I'm still expecting a small character. Not like that is necessarily a bad thing, at least for me.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Push's second post there, btw, gives an additional translation as saying the presentation will also reveal the release date of the final fighter. Soft confirmation that it won't be shadowdropped on the same day right? Not that a lot of people were expecting that I guess but it's something.
Eh. not really. I think with some of the FP1 Fighters they've been released later on in the day and they have said before they were gonna reveal the release date

No matter if it's Releasing the Day of or in 2999, They gonna make sure people know that the Release Date is gonna be revealed

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I hate to say this but I can’t deny it
If it’s someone that might get a lot of negative reception, they would get mad at Nintendo and Sora Ltd for “”overhyping”” the character

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I’m just interested to see if M theory was legit. It was a theory that had some backing behind it but has never been confirmed nor deconfirmed. I think lots leaned towards it meaning nothing but we’ll find out in a few days.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'know this is actually reminding me of the time Street Fighter V's final DLC character was hidden from view for the entire year and everyone was whipped into a frenzy wondering what long-awaited returning character it would be and then they actually revealed it's an OC for Street Fighter VI.

Last edited:

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
You must be fun at parties. Let people go wild and have fun. It's harmless.
I'm sorry, it was not my intention to ruin the discussion of the tweet.

I was just pointing that out cause a lot of the comments after the translation insinuated that hype=not a Pokémon or first party=good.

Like, we all get hyped by different things and that's great, but it's not like taking every opportunity to bash the characters you don't want is... well... fun nor healthy? Can they do it? of course, i wasn't pointing at people for expressing themselves, i just wanted to express the thought that "let your imagination run wild" can literally be applied to everyone's most hated character as well, and someone's must hated is probably also someone's most wanted.

I hate to say this but I can’t deny it
If it’s someone that might get a lot of negative reception, they would get mad at Nintendo and Sora Ltd for “”overhyping”” the character
True, the thing is, even if they just shadowdropped the presentation for the last character, people would get mad for leaving the character last, and if they weren't, people would have gotten mad because Nintendo chose them over any other character, and they can't please everyone anyway.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Personally, I don't see why people latch onto a Gen 8 Pokemon so much anyway. If all of this was decided in late 2019, why wouldn't a Pokemon have been one of the first ones picked, especially with Nintendo picking the DLC, when Isle of Armor came out in June 2020 (with Gigantamax starters btw, which is a no brainer for a Galar Pokemon Final Smash) and Crown Tundra came out in October 2020? That way a Pokemon would come out in the middle of SwSh's DLC cycle rather than a year after it ended? Especially when the one that came out in June was Min Min, when ARMS was only moderately successful and was 3 years old at the time, and November 2019 to June 2020 would've been about the same turnover as Byleth (July 2019 to January 2020).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom