• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I seem to recall on the Japanese net spaces in the 00's and early 10's there'd be a butt ton of KH fanart but they'd always censor out Michael, Donny and Goof's eyes to avoid Disney's wrath.

Not sure what this has to do with anything, just thought it was funny.

SKX31

Smash Master
You do also have to keep in mind that a canon playable Roll is kind of an inevitability at this point (with this being something both the fanbase and the devs are interested in pursuing IIRC), and could change how she should operate in Super Smash Bros. as well.
I feel that this is the route they're going to go assuming Roll gets an echo down the line. They don't wanna entirely gimp an Echo or make it a total joke character - if anything that'd defeat the purpose - and as such they might want to keep some stuff from Megaman's moveset. Then again though, the Buster is a central part of his moveset, so they might keep it for Roll and instead focus on changing say the other normals or the Specials.

Technically, this is a repost of the image from June, but hey, gives something to talk about lol.
One Purple survived?

illusionrune.png

:4pacman:

Nah but seriously, this is going to be really interesting to follow regardless.

Come to think of it, I should commit to this.

The dude pictured is Anti-Mage: originally created from Illidan Stormrage's model in the original Dota map / mod, he went on to become one of its most famous characters. Partly because his abilities mean that he ordinarily require a lot of gold / levels / items before he comes online in your typical Dota game. Leading to the stereotypical farming playstyle. Once he does get those though - the items required are typically the cleave-giving Battlefury and the illusion-spawning Manta Style - he's capable of destroying opposing mages or even teams in a hurry.

His lore in Dota 2 reflects this: originally a member of an Buddhist-esque monk clan, he became an, well, anti-mage extremist following an invasion, siege and massacre of his monastery by an undead legion. While his status as sole survivor is quite cliché, he nevertheless got survivor's guilt over the whole thing and committed hard to the idea of ending magic.

This includes learning skills that are... magical - such as the teleport spell Blink (a la Mewtwo's). Yeeaah. Mana Break and Counterspell are relatively straightforward - even if Mana Break could be wonky to implement in Smash, since it in its origin game saps mana per attack. Mana Break relates to his Ultimate, Mana Void. Mana Void takes the target's missing MP and deals damage based upon that. An opponent with a high mana pool is liable to be deleted, although it only inflicts a mini-stun and can't be used on spell immune targets. Mana Void would probably be his Final Smash due to this.

He's recently got an ability upgrade called Blink Fragment - where he blinks forth an illusion at a specific location. The illusion also gains Counterspell whenever AM casts it. I'm not that sure this would be included, but still worth noting.

Anti-Mage uses twin elven blades - a nod to Illidan who was a Night Elf. And just as they're the autoattacks in the original game they'd probably be used in the event he gets in (yes, I know, extremely slim chances, but still.). His stats in game are typically high agility and agility growth but low strength and intelligence growths.

These combined would put Anti-Mage in the fragile speedster category, a mix between :ultsheik: and :ultcorrin: . Would be quick and have very wide reach, and his ability to teleport or even teleport illusions would allow for some mindgames and keepaway. However, he'd be liable to being blown up, and would presumably not have an excellent recovery. Mana Break would be a possible Fighter Ability - where enough hits landed under a short while could "break" the victim and slow down say Special moves or airdodges / shields a tad. Although that'd have to be finetuned carefully by neccessity.

To be fair, it's 3 days left.

Why not just ****post.
On one hand, I do agree...

On the other, I fear that those 3 days is going to be the longest 3-day stretch because leaks like this might get all over the damn place.

And that's saying something since there have been quite a few periods where the speculation scene has seemingly been stuck in a rut.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
On one hand, I do agree...

On the other, I fear that those 3 days is going to be the longest 3-day stretch because leaks like this might get all over the damn place.

And that's saying something since there have been quite a few periods where the speculation scene has seemingly been stuck in a rut.
Well, you're in luck.

Because one of those 3 days is almost over.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm in a wait-and-see position for actual animated canon Disney content coming with Sora. On one hand, video games only, but on the other, it's debatable for if that applies to just fighters and not just background cameos, especially since that kind of scenario basically applies to Sora alone. Either way our idea of what's possible has been broken time and again.

Really you're gonna have to go through Disney for Sora regardless, but any of those extra crossover cameos likely have a hefty-ass price tag attached. I'm just gonna wait to see if Sora comes with them, and even that that's reliant on Sora coming at all. In short, I think it could happen, but I don't know if that's what would happen.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
All this Sephiroth reminiscence got me thinking: who do you folks want as the next FF rep? Assuming Cloud and Sephiroth come back next game with all their content, who would you want coming with them and why?
Ahh, you know I really don't need another FF character. Which is weird because FFIX is one of my favourite games ever, but I wouldn't pick Zidane for Smash. Zidane is amazing to the story, but in combat he's just a hard hitting theif. Outside of his Dyne moves he's not that special. The fun characters to fight with are more like Vivi, Freya, and even though she's not a permanent member, Beatrix. I can't see any of those making the cut though.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'm in a wait-and-see position for actual animated canon Disney content coming with Sora. On one hand, video games only, but on the other, it's debatable for if that applies to just fighters and not just background cameos, especially since that kind of scenario basically applies to Sora alone. Either way our idea of what's possible has been broken time and again.

Really you're gonna have to go through Disney for Sora regardless, but any of those extra crossover cameos likely have a hefty-ass price tag attached. I'm just gonna wait to see if Sora comes with them, and even that that's reliant on Sora coming at all. In short, I think it could happen, but I don't know if that's what would happen.
That's exactly why I'm totally okay with Disney Spirits or background characters in the event of a Kingdom Hearts challenger pack. It'd pretty much only be for Sora anyways so there's no fear of this "Pandora's Box" that everyone keeps talking about.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Wasn’t there a LOL leak a bit ago if I remember rightly that wasn’t official debunked yet. Something about Nintendo blackmailing Someone into putting a LOL rep in smash or am I Maybe misremembering things.
This is the kind of stuff that comes out of leaks lol. Discussion is fine, but as people say they can't be "debunked" we then have people perpetuating blackmail. Even if blackmail is the wrong word, the mere idea that it could be misconstrued for a word that is somewhat similar is just absurd and just makes me wish leak discussion just stopped at discussion, and if it was ridiculous stuff or flat out piggybacking and such to a degree that it seemed fake, then they wouldn't be brought up full stop. Leaks are one thing from reputable sources, but 4chan, gamefaqs, reddit etc anons just doing what can be classed most of the time as s***posting is kind of ridiculous imo. I'm not generalizing everyone here BTW but it's ridiculous that this stuff gets spread so much that you can literally see comments saying people are predicting cos so and so leak said they'd happen. The people that do it here are a minority but I'd say it is a somewhat vocal one.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I feel that this is the route they're going to go assuming Roll gets an echo down the line. They don't wanna entirely gimp an Echo or make it a total joke character - if anything that'd defeat the purpose - and as such they might want to keep some stuff from Megaman's moveset. Then again though, the Buster is a central part of his moveset, so they might keep it for Roll and instead focus on changing say the other normals or the Specials.
Do you mean that you think that how they'd handle it would end up influencing how Roll works in the main series games going forward similarly to how his Mega Man 11 design is inspired by his Super Smash Bros. design?

Either way, Roll Swing could be pretty similar to the Mega Buster though. In Mega Man Powered Up, it was a short ranged attack, but it did have quite a bit of reach despite that, and if they translated it to Super Smash Bros., it would probably still have shorter range, but not nearly to the same extent. It could be kind of the inverse of the Mega Buster where, while it doesn't have quite as much range, it's more dangerous at a longer range whereas the Mega Buster is more dangerous at a shorter range. It also wouldn't be a projectile.

They might could also use the broom for her weapons (like, Flame Sword is the broom transformed into a fire sword) rather than having her whipping out an arm cannon and putting it away. She could also have more emphasis on weapons created by Dr. Light. Also if they change any of her Special Moves I want her to have Tango.

It's heartening to see I'm not the only person who wants Roll in Smash unironically.
If you could make it work, I'd say she'd be a really good pick.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The one thing I'm wondering about is what Natedrake said before the presentation

This was in the comment thread about characters we won't be seeing join the fight anytime soon. He was adamant about these characters

-Dante
-Crash
-Sora
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Master Chief
-Other "Trending" Characters

Not happening. The only character he said has some sort of Chance was Waluigi, which is quite a response to say

I know Natedrake isn't perfect, and I don't recall him being privy to Smash Leaks, even though he said he was in the know of some of the charcaters in advance. In any case, if we did want to take his Word, I have to wonder what led to the Conclusion that Only Waluigi of these characters mentioned had some sort of chance

My guess is either and/or Combination of the following

-He know it isn't a Company that's new to Smash, in terms of Playable characters or Perhaps Miis. The fact that he discounted Ryu, despite Koei being a Japanese Company, and one close to Nintendo Would perhaps suggest whether Japanese or Western, it's not a New Company

-He knows it's a Nintendo character. Waluigi is Nintendo, but the other characters mentioned are 3rd party

-He Knows that the character is one that's "already in the game". I Imagine it's harder to tell the status of characters that are in Smash in some form, compared to characters that haven't made an appearance. If you hear a Character not present in Smash and Smash in the same connotation, Lightblubs start ringing out

One thing I've seen common among Leaks/Rumors is that while they might hear of a character, the exact situation of how that character is gonna be represented in the game is hard to tell.

One of the big reasons Paraleak Suggested Undertale as one of the Fighters in FP1 was because there was a Music track that was said to be negotiated for, and Up to this point, Music Tracks had not really accompanied the Mii costumes ingame.

I Remember Dante and Dovahkin being suggested as Potential fighters, and then look where they end up, as Mii Costumes

I think the Biggest Tell about whether a Character will show up as Playable or Not is whether they hear of Stages, More Music tracks than necessary, something that would only come with Playable characters. I know bringing him up might look sort of wonky, but it's necessary. Fatmanonice did apprantly hear about Three Houses Stages, and that should have tipped him off into Byleth perhaps being a character. It didn't end up that way, but it is what it is

I went on a Tangent, but the whole story is that If this is to be believed, and that names have come up as CP11 (which I'm sure they have), I Imagine that that none of the big tells of a Potential character (Stages, bunch of Music, Perhaps even Spirits) have come up

In my personal Opinion, it's looking likely to be a Character from a Franchise already in the game, or even perhaps a Character that's already in the game. I think in the cases of Characters or Franchises not represented, like Crash Bandicoot, Sora Kingdom Hearts, and Halo Master Chief, Hearing of Stages or other subsidiary characters as potential spirits would increase the chances of those characters actually being a thing, since they aren't in the game in any form, but it seems that nothing that would come as a Subsidiary for a Character coming to Smash Ultimate as Playable (with their Challenger pack) has been heard

This would drop the chances of something entirely new to smash, and would point in the direction of Something already in Smash. The thing to keep in mind with FP2 is that Steve is the only character that was previously unrelated to Smash. Min Min, Sephiroth, Pyra/Mythra, and Kazuya had some relation to Smash either through themselves or their Franchise being represented in some way, so it might be easier to Dress them in ambiguity since they have some sort of relation to Smash already

Trevenant

Smash Lord
In my personal Opinion, it's looking likely to be a Character from a Franchise already in the game, or even perhaps a Character that's already in the game. I think in the cases of Characters or Franchises not represented, like Crash Bandicoot, Sora Kingdom Hearts, and Halo Master Chief, Hearing of Stages or other subsidiary characters as potential spirits would increase the chances of those characters actually being a thing, since they aren't in the game in any form, but it seems that nothing that would come as a Subsidiary for a Character coming to Smash Ultimate as Playable (with their Challenger pack) has been heard
Shadow?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The one thing I'm wondering about is what Natedrake said before the presentation

This was in the comment thread about characters we won't be seeing join the fight anytime soon. He was adamant about these characters

-Dante
-Crash
-Sora
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Master Chief

Not happening. The only character he said has some sort of Chance was Waluigi, which is quite a response to say

I know Natedrake isn't perfect, and I don't recall him being privy to Smash Leaks, even though he said he was in the know of some of the charcaters in advance. In any case, if we did want to take his Word, I have to wonder what led to the Conclusion that Only Waluigi of these characters mentioned had some sort of chance

-He know it isn't a Company that's new to Smash, in terms of Playable characters or Perhaps Miis. The fact that he discounted Ryu, despite Koei being a Japanese Company, and one close to Nintendo Would perhaps suggest whether Japanese or Western, it's not a New Company

-He knows it's a Nintendo character. Waluigi is Nintendo, but the other characters mentioned are 3rd party

-He Knows that the character is one that's "already in the game". I Imagine it's harder to tell the status of characters that are in Smash in some form, compared to characters that haven't made an appearance. If you hear a Character not present in Smash and Smash in the same connotation, Lightblubs start ringing out

One thing I've seen common among Leaks/Rumors is that while they might hear of a character, the exact situation of how that character is gonna be represented in the game is hard to tell.

One of the big reasons Paraleak Suggested Undertale as one of the Fighters in FP1 was because there was a Music track that was said to be negotiated for, and Up to this point, Music Tracks had not really accompanied the Mii costumes ingame.

I Remember Dante and Dovahkin being suggested as Potential fighters, and then look where they end up, as Mii Costumes

I think the Biggest Tell about whether a Character will show up as Playable or Not is whether they hear of Stages, More Music tracks than necessary, something that would only come with Playable characters. I know bringing him up might look sort of wonky, but it's necessary. Fatmanonice did apprantly hear about Three Houses Stages, and that should have tipped him off into Byleth perhaps being a character. It didn't end up that way, but it is what it is

I went on a Tangent, but the whole story is that If this is to be believed, and that names have come up as CP11 (which I'm sure they have), I Imagine that that none of the big tells of a Potential character (Stages, bunch of Music, Perhaps even Spirits) have come up

This would drop the chances of something entirely new to smash, and would point in the direction of Something already in Smash. The thing to keep in mind with FP2 is that Steve is the only character that was previously unrelated to Smash. Min Min, Sephiroth, Pyra/Mythra, and Kazuya had some relation to Smash either through themselves or their Franchise being represented in some way, so it might be easier to Dress them in ambiguity since they have some sort of relation to Smash already
Could this in theory include another spirit promotion? Technically, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra also fall into that category

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Man, I guess it really goes to show just how massive Sora is all the fake leaks target him at the end.

Also, Susie mii would be neat but Kris is literally right there. I wonder what kinda music a Deltarune mii would come with.
it would have to be Rude Buster, wouldn't it? Before chapter 2 I would've thought Field of Hopes and Dreams was in the conversation, but since Ch2 basically abandoned that leitmotif I can't see them going for it. Rude Buster seems consistent, it's in the first two chapters so it will likely be in the last 5.

That only goes for if they add a mii for one of the main three. If it's a side character like Jevil or SPAMTON G. SPAMTON, they'll get their own song

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
it would have to be Rude Buster, wouldn't it? Before chapter 2 I would've thought Field of Hopes and Dreams was in the conversation, but since Ch2 basically abandoned that leitmotif I can't see them going for it. Rude Buster seems consistent, it's in the first two chapters so it will likely be in the last 5.

That only goes for if they add a mii for one of the main three. If it's a side character like Jevil or SPAMTON G. SPAMTON, they'll get their own song
I agree, though Lancers Theme could also be chosen as it is quite common throughout Chapter 1 and is briefly in Chapter 2, along with it definitely being one of the more popular songs on the OST (just behind WORLD REVOLVING and BIG SHOT).

Though yeah, if we get Jevil or somehow Spamton they absolutely are coming with both of their tracks respectively.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Could this in theory include another spirit promotion? Technically, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra also fall into that category
It would definitely include any Spirit Promotions. They already are in the game after all

It's somehow always Shadow.
I'm trying to be Anti-biased here, So I didn't try and point towards a particular character.

But the thing I have to say is that We already have some sort of Evidence of Shadow getting something in FP2. The Music takedown of a Smash Fan Remix of one of his Songs by Nintendo (a Real Nintendo account) kind of points into the direction, along with some other stuff that I'm not gonna mention anymore cause was told not to for safety reasons

Of course it could just end up being a Mii costume at the end of the day. Geno also got Music Takedowns of his Songs and we just go his Mii Costume, with his Music perhaps only being negotiated for the trailer. I think one important distinction to note though is that Geno's Music tracks I believe were just the Original tracks from SMRPG, not any sort of Remix

Sans and Banjo's Music tracks were Smash Fan Remixes that were taken down, and it's the Same case with Shadow. That's Very suspicious because unless a Shadow Mii costume is coming with a New Music track, despite not being a Indie character, It's very shady and pointing towards a Particular Outcome I think you guys already know I'm talking about. I think with everything I think Shadow could fit nicely into the speculation that I just shared because there is potential evidence for him, however like I said, I remain unbiased, so go with any character, yes

Ivander

Smash Legend
I saw someone mention Roll as an Echo Fighter for Mega Man, and I'd like to talk about it, as it's as interesting a proposition as it is awkward. Roll has been a clone of Mega Man in the past, but Super Smash Bros. very obviously sticks to the source material a heck of a lot more than Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 does, with Mega Man being one of the culminations of that. All of Roll's other playable appearances do not give her a buster, and instead have her use her iconic broom or...whatever she got in Mega Man 11.

The exceptions are a Japanese only mobile (and I mean like, pre-smartphone mobile) port of Mega Man where she did have a buster but couldn't use Robot Master weapons for whatever reason, and Mega Man X DiVE where every character seems to have various different arm canon graphics even if they already have an arm canon. It's also worth noting that even in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, she didn't have an actual arm canon, but rather, put on an attachment whenever she wanted to use Roll Buster or related moves (something similar happens in Mega Man X DiVE where her arm canon disappears into the ether during animations that don't use it, which implies that it is also an external attachment). Even in Mega Man X DiVE though, she does still have her...uh...whatever she got in Mega Man 11, so the cleaning device that I can only assume is supposed to be a broom is still treated as Roll's "thing" (she is still a helper robot after all).

So with all that in mind, would it make sense for Roll to be an Echo Fighter of Mega Man at present? I honestly don't know. If she did, I'd say replacing the Mega Buster with Roll Swing is a must, and I think it would make the most sense if you stuck with Marvel Vs. Capcom 2's logic of her using an external arm cannon attachment for attacks that require it. The rest is kind of a question of whether or not that would work, and how much of that can be avoided through changing the attacks themselves.

You do also have to keep in mind that a canon playable Roll is kind of an inevitability at this point (with this being something both the fanbase and the devs are interested in pursuing IIRC), and could change how she should operate in Super Smash Bros. as well.
I don't think it's impossible for Roll to be an Echo. Whether they include the broom as part of her moveset is another story, although they could make the broom a taunt.

That said, one of the reasons I want a MegaMan Echo is for the possibility of that character having MegaMan's missing Smash 4 customs, like that Bomb special, Danger Wrap, Beat or Tornado Hold, Skull Barrier, etc. One of those missed opportunities I feel regarding some of the Echo Fighters. Same for a Palutena clone using some of her missing Customs, like Jump Glide or Superspeed.

Shroob

Sup?
It would definitely include any Spirit Promotions. They already are in the game after all

I'm trying to be Anti-biased here, So I didn't try and point towards a particular character.

But the thing I have to say is that We already have some sort of Evidence of Shadow getting something in FP2. The Music takedown of a Smash Fan Remix of one of his Songs by Nintendo (a Real Nintendo account) kind of points into the direction, along with some other stuff that I'm not gonna mention anymore cause was told not to for safety reasons

Of course it could just end up being a Mii costume at the end of the day. Geno also got Music Takedowns of his Songs and we just go his Mii Costume, with his Music perhaps only being negotiated for the trailer. I think one important distinction to note though is that Geno's Music tracks I believe were just the Original tracks from SMRPG, not any sort of Remix

Sans and Banjo's Music tracks were Smash Fan Remixes that were taken down, and it's the Same case with Shadow. That's Very suspicious because unless a Shadow Mii costume is coming with a New Music track, despite not being a Indie character, It's very shady and pointing towards a Particular Outcome I think you guys already know I'm talking about. I think with everything I think Shadow could fit nicely into the speculation that I just shared because there is potential evidence for him, however like I said, I remain unbiased, so go with any character, yes
You kinda forget that Youtube's copyright system is kinda ass.

Remember, a KOS-MOS mod was officially taken down by Nintendo, not because it was a mod, or because KOS-MOS was even getting in, but because it was "Mario Kart Tour", which it wasn't even.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You kinda forget that Youtube's copyright system is kinda ass.

Remember, a KOS-MOS mod was officially taken down by Nintendo, not because it was a mod, or because KOS-MOS was even getting in, but because it was "Mario Kart Tour", which it wasn't even.
I don’t even think that was the real Nintendo. Probably a troll. It’s stupid easy to make copyright claims on YouTube

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

-Dante
-Crash
-Sora
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Master Chief

I'm fine with 1st party, just not funny purple man. I've been wanting a shill Metroid pick so I hope for that. Don't really even care about arguments against it. Last character, don't care, give birb.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

TBF I've seen tracks get taken down left, right and center for Nintendo. They took down a GTA track at one point, KOS-MOS is apparently in MKT etc. If that's really all he has going in favor of him then I wouldn't say he's pretty likely since takedowns unfortunately don't imply anything. It's likely just that they rely on a bot to do takedowns and they just occasionally go wild because that's just what AIs do. We know full well that the last character isn't going to be GTA and Shadow lol so by virtue of that, it's pretty easy to say they really don't imply much.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
TBF I've seen tracks get taken down left, right and center for Nintendo. They took down a GTA track at one point, KOS-MOS is apparently in MKT etc. If that's really all he has going in favor of him then I wouldn't say he's pretty likely since takedowns unfortunately don't imply anything. It's likely just that they rely on a bot to do takedowns and they just occasionally go wild. We know full well that the last character isn't going to be GTA and Shadow lol so by virtue of that, it's pretty easy to say they really don't imply much.
Nono, you see

CJ
GOES AGAIN

Ivander

Smash Legend
I feel like that'd have the same energy as Ganondorf's sword only appearing in a taunt.
Nah, cause Roll would be sweeping up the stages. She'd be keeping the stages nice, tidy and clean from her sweeping up the sleeping/dead characters lying on the field. Obviously, a different energy from Ganondorf's sword taunt.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nah, cause Roll would be sweeping up the stages. She'd be keeping the stages nice, tidy and clean from her sweeping up the sleeping/dead characters lying on the field. Obviously, a different energy from Ganondorf's sword taunt.
I moreso meant that the broom is kind of her thing so it just appearing in a taunt would be similarly strange/disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom