• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It's hard to take anyone's opinion seriously when they use the term "scrimbo bimblo". It has just caused more divide between the "cereal mascot" fans and the "anime swordsman" fans. As someone who LOVES both JRPGs and 3D platformers, I will never understand why the smash fanbase has decided to start a war between those genres.
Yeah, I love both genres too. I just personally find platformer characters a bit less interesting in for Smash general partially because Smash already has so many characters. I also tend to prefer more edgy designs which a lot of JRPG characters fit. I’d still be totally down for Zero, Dixie Kong, or Goomba though.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I don't sincerely use Scrimblo Bimblo lol. I just find it funny. Like it's honestly not that deep. Any "war" between JRPG and Platformer fans is not something I have any desire to be a part of. And honestly most people who use the term are using it a joking manner anyway. Whereas the people who complain about "anime swordsmen" actually seem genuinely angry, at least from my experience. I'm just poking fun at the people who take this stuff way too seriously, because honestly most people do. Like I love speculation, but I don't lose sleep over it. It's not worth arguing with strangers over the internet for.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Scrimblo is funny. We've had to deal with years of bad faith people talking about "anime swordsmen" but suddenly people can't handle it when it's their character being made fun of.

Scrimblo Bimblo is also funny because of how true it is lol. Sometimes I look at a character and there are truly no better words for it than Scrimblo Bimblo.
It sounds like a word straight out of Rick and Morty, but I feel like there's a good reason for that.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It's hard to take anyone's opinion seriously when they use the term "scrimbo bimblo". It has just caused more divide between the "cereal mascot" fans and the "anime swordsman" fans. As someone who LOVES both JRPGs and 3D platformers, I will never understand why the smash fanbase has decided to start a war between those genres.
Jrpg fans and platformers fans arguing about who should get their 30th characters, while Rhythm games, Moba and FPS fans are waiting for their first characters.

Jokes aside, I agree that the comparaison of genre is stupid. It's pretty obvious that characters can come from the same genre and be very different like Mario, Banjo, Kirby for platformers and Ness, Pikachu, Shulk and Cloud for jrpg.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't even have anything against platformers. It's one of my favorite genres, I just use the term "scrimblo" for convenience and thought it was acceptable because a bunch of other people used it too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Be honest, who do yall think are the most likely chars to be shown tuesday. Not chars you WANT but chars you think realistically theyd pick
Phoenix Wright purely on the basis that Capcom loves crossovers and Phoenix Wright is the only one of their characters that hasn't been directly deconfirmed.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Just a few more days and this is all over. No more speculation. No more "Crash/Chief/Doomguy/Sora/Waluigi/Phoenix (Even tho I love Ace Attorney) is a shoo-in" discussions, no more leaks and "leaks." No more of this wild ride. I'm totally stoked for Tuesday.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright purely on the basis that Capcom loves crossovers and Phoenix Wright is the only one of their characters that hasn't been directly deconfirmed.
Honestly it is bewildering with all the Capcom content we have in Smash thus far, Ace Attorney of all franchises still has absolutely nothing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just a few more days and this is all over. No more speculation. No more "Crash/Chief/Doomguy/Sora/Waluigi/Phoenix (Even tho I love Ace Attorney) is a shoo-in" discussions, no more leaks and "leaks." No more of this wild ride. I'm totally stoked for Tuesday.
Can't wait for the Not-So-Great JRPG-Platformer War to end.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Be honest, who do yall think are the most likely chars to be shown tuesday. Not chars you WANT but chars you think realistically theyd pick
I’m gonna try to think like Sakurai

I would say uhhhh

Phoenix, Neku, Arle, maybe a LoL character

I admit that I also want Neku but there’s also been no NEO TWEWY spirit event just saying

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Nah fr, if I got mad every time I saw someone not be able to spell Isaac, I'd have fully lost it a long time ago. At this point I just think it's funny people can spell nonsense like Nahobino and Decidueye but a real actual name eludes them.

That would be my reaction though if I learned too many dummies misspelling his name hindered Isaac's ballot performance which then resulted in him getting passed over. Though I don't imagine that's the case.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I’ll answer this with some characters than haven’t been mentioned or barely mentioned in regards to your questions

Ezio and Frisk.
Im really feeling those two I stg

SKX31

Smash Master
Does Jump Rope Bunny qualify as a scrimblo? Discuss.
Yes.

JRB is also an Anime Jump Rope User.

JRB is thus perfection and I'm not gonna accept any other answers. :4pacman:

Adol
Arle
Reimu
Phoenix
Bill Rizer

LoL character, Crash, Sora, Master Chief, Demi-fiend, Ayumi, Octoling and SoS Farmer are my presumed wildcards.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Off The Hook for the ultimate sandwich of second chance and shill, Dynasty Warriors rep for the most contrived moveset they can think of post-Min Min, Steve and Kazuya and Ezio/Ray-Man/Rabbid Mario if we want to look at Mii Costumes like it’s Geno speculation era.

EDIT: Pokémon as a series also has a lot of boats floating around between Sword Shield, Legends and DP remakes but I can’t bet on any specific Poké

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Arle Nadja is my #1 most-expected.
Chun-Li, Itsuki Aoi, Captain Toad, and either Kiran or Fjorm are strong contenders.
Rhythm Heaven, Granblue, Danganronpa, LoL, and SMT are somewhere in the middle; sorta likley, not very likely, and I've got zero confidence in guessing who'd be chosen from each franchise assuming one of them gets in.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Waluigi. I cannot tell you why exactly, it's just this primal gut feeling I can't shake off that started turning up recently.
My runner-up is Reimu. Who also happens to be a most wanted of mine so there's probably some confirmation bias there. I've tried to be as detached as possible in my reasoning but humans are rarely successful in this.

Either way, I'm open to just about anyone. MW-or-bust types are just setting themselves up for a rough time.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My gut is saying Wario, Splatoon, Pokemon or Undertale I can't shake any of those feelings.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Adam Cole isn’t even the main protagonist of The Elite. They’d obviously go with Kenny Omega first. He even has connections with Sephiroth. :4pacman:
World-renowned choreographer Kenny Ortega?

That might just be indigestion
You suspect something going wrong in my deepsea metro?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom