• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My guesses are either a new first-party character people are going to be angry at because they think it's not a fitting conclusion or a new series from a returning third party that people are going to be angry at because they think it's not a fitting conclusion.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My guesses are either a new first-party character people are going to be angry at because they think it's not a fitting conclusion or a new series from a returning third party that people are going to be angry at because they think it's not a fitting conclusion.
You can’t bet on people being angry. That’s freebie :4pacman:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
In general I'm a lot less sold on the idea that ATs deconfirm at this stage than I would've been during base game or even the first pass. So much time has passed that we're in uncharted territory. They weren't thinking this far ahead with the AT selection, meanwhile even the first pass was likely fully decided upon before the base game launched.

"He's not making the cut so we'll make him an AT" is entirely plausible.
"We'd add him but we decided he was an AT three years ago, so oh well." is not quite as plausible.

It'd be silly to look at this and say that it means FP11 must be an assist promo - that'd be ridiculous. But it's worth considering, especially since we have every reason to believe that had Yabuki wanted Spring Man, we would have gotten him.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
o lol must be a rly long list
Yep.

The Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II MW Character List

Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Frisk
Rayman
Dr. Eggman
Battletoads
Decidueye
Nahobino
Waluigi
Isaac
Phoenix Wright
Fulgore
Ezio
Tracer
Kratos
Gordon Freeman
King Boo
Scorpion
Reimu
Bill Rizer
Lu Bu
Off The Hook
Saber
Estelle Bright
Zero
Mega Man X
Hayabusa

Haha someone's gotta be right!

We're all wrong.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You can’t bet on people being angry. That’s freebie :4pacman:
Jokes aside, I mostly expect a Nintendo character, likely a Pokemon.

A SEGA rep would be rad but I don't want to hope too much and then set myself for disappointment. :054:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Alright, so the leaks are starting to pick up a notch with days creeping closer to the Final Presentation. I know you don't want to pay attention to them since most are fakes, but I can somewhat gauge on what characters are people using for the leaks.

On youtube, it looks like Sora seems to be the most prominent character in leaks. Which could end up being a red herring.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yep.

Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Frisk
Rayman
Dr. Eggman
Battletoads
Decidueye
Nahobino
Waluigi
Isaac
Phoenix Wright
Fulgore
Ezio
Tracer
Kratos
Gordon Freeman
King Boo
Scorpion
Reimu
Bill Rizer

We're all wrong.
I would add Saber and Estelle Bright on there too for good measure.

Isn't Sora a video game character owned by Disney?

Oh wait, people don't care about that.
That does not matter nearly as much as you think it does.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yep.

Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Frisk
Rayman
Dr. Eggman
Battletoads
Decidueye
Nahobino
Waluigi
Isaac
Phoenix Wright
Fulgore
Ezio
Tracer
Kratos
Gordon Freeman
King Boo
Scorpion
Reimu
Bill Rizer

We're all wrong.
I’m not seeing Off The Hook on here.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think Lu Bu has a really good chance if he isn’t disqualified by virtue of being based on a real person. Nintendo and Koei have a great relationship and I could see them getting a character.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m feeling a Nintendo first party for our ending. I’m thinkin’ maybe Cinderace or a notable ‘Mon from Legends Arceus for promotion (Decidueye finally wins? 👀 )

But my word would Waluigi be actually the perfect way to go out.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think my absolute final prediction is going to be Cinderace and I'll be sticking with it until the moment of truth.

I don't really want it specifically (I don't like the Gen 8 starters, would prefer Decidueye or another Gen 8 Pokémon), but it would be super weird if this game didn't have Gen 8 Pokémon music and I'd honestly be fine with Cinderace for that alone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What if:
  • We got an AT promotion, but it’s not Waluigi, Isaac, or Alucard. It’s Ashley.
  • or even Takamaru
  • We got a second SNK rep - Kyo
  • We got a Pokeball promotion

7NATOR

Smash Master
I see people did their Min Min Retrospective, So I'll do mine

The whole ARMS Saga from March to June was kind of eh. I also wasn't too much into ARMS like that, just like many of you I assume. I think this speculation period I had one of my most "Optimistic" theories in that all 15 ARMS Characters were gonna be playable in some form of Mii Customization type deal. I took the L on that one

It seemed obvious from the trailer the character was Min Min. The fakeout with Spring Man was pretty neat, but I think after he got knocked out it was confirmed it be her

I think Min Min was a good choice to make for the ARMS Character.

I would have been interested in Spring Man because that would have thrown the Assist Trophy argument right out the window, and perhaps Shadow would be taken much more seriously these days, but it is what it is. Plus it seems he had alot of Energy anyway

Twintelle would have been cool. She's very classy and has that fancy aura around her, along with having witch time essentially, and she's also Hot. Also My friend would have been happy because Not only would Twintelle have been a Black Character, but she was also Hot Black Character, with very good character design. Alas it wasn't meant to be, and good amount of people did get either disappointed, Sad, or mad that they wasted a good opportunity to add in a Black Character, Though Min Min is actually the first Chinese Character in the game.

Also Personally I think My Pick would have been Dr. Coyle. She has that Edgy look, is a Boss Character with Boss Like Powers, and She's pretty hot, it would have been win win, but instead it was Min Min, which is also cool

For Min Min herself, I messed around with her on Release and after the usual honeymoon, I couldn't get into her too much, at least playing as her. Free For Alls are probably my cup of tea if I play her. She has quite a learning curve, even if she's also Easy in ways. I don't think many can play her for extended periods of time, including me.

I think from the common Consensus on playing against her, I think Min Min actually gives a good argument on how Character Additions can Substract from the game's Quality. Alot of people I talk to and see hate Fighting Min Min, probably one of the least enjoyable things in the game for them, and the thing is that even if you don't buy the DLC, you still have to fight her if the Opponent is playing as her.

Weirdly, and this may be a hot take, Min Min is actually one of my Favorite characters to fight against in the game. She feels like a Puzzle to fight against, but not the frustrating type of puzzle, at least for me. I also think it helps that I like her Animations and Colors and such. Min Min herself isn't the most Energetic character ever, but the ARMS influence really lead her to be heavy in Motion and expression. I like that. Also Min Min herself is Hot and Spicy just like the Noodles she sells

I also do like Watching her also. Something about the ARMS just going back and forth and Bong is very fun to look at. and everything else in the Previous paragraph also factors in

The Music is pretty Cool. The stage is fine, and is nice to look at.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
So, I’m not expecting Waluigi.

But man, wouldn’t that be an ending? It would tie it all together. We’ve come full circle.
I can understand why Waluigi was used in this instance, but this whole quote could potentially be done for a lot of characters.

If Waluigi was replaced with Adeleine, for example, I could mention on how it'd be perfect bookend for the Inkling reveal, Kirby's representation, and potentially the drawing of the Smash mural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom