• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I see Conker being bowdlerized to hell and back if he were to ever join Smash. Let’s all agree on one thing, they’ll never mention that the most memorable part of his game takes place in a literal colossal pile of [EXPLETIVE].
I don't know man, Bayonetta doesn't tell anyone to don't **** with witches and her personality is still pretty well conveyed in Smash.

If anything, she's even a little more suggestive and meaner than her origin games.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't know man, Bayonetta doesn't tell anyone to don't **** with witches and her personality is still pretty well conveyed in Smash.

If anything, she's even a little more suggestive and meaner than her origin games.
Conker's whole appeal is that he's a scrimblo who pisses and gets drunk though.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Challenge accepted :2gud:
NO!

I forbid you to talk about Burning Wario and not his much cooler transformation: Frozen Wario
1633023288773.png

Admit it, Puppy

You read it on a Snapple cap...
I don't drink Snapple to the point where it took me a minute to remember what that was. Someone else must have read it on a Snapple cap and told me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Out of all the RARE characters, Conker interests me the least. Partially for that reason and partially because I feel he is a bit redundant with Banjo when compared to their other options.
Ah yes, ye old "adding two very different characters would also somehow add redundancy to the roster" argument.

But it rolls off the tongue so well
It sounds like you're gargling...Well, if you were to say it out loud.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So it's not that Ahri is uninspired, it's that there are characters that are more inspired than inspired?

...That's a pretty nebulous metric, and it does sound a bit like you just prefer other characters, but I'm game with discussing the other options.
Yeah, and well it’s not like I directly prefer other champions and I’m just salty that Ahri is ”the one hogging the spotlight”, but that I feel I can’t really get a grasp on the other options if Ahri’s the one pushed. Again, completely understandable speculation-strategy and obviously just time-wise, but it’s something I’m noticing personally.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
there might be but theres a delicate balance here. do you want another sword character? Because its a safe bet the smash fanbase will lose its mind. You need a character that can be a rep for a the franchise so you are going back to older heroes who inherently have more simple movesets and designs. I'd also lean humoid in design because of making character fits with preset bases is easier.

also calling her a rodent just seems weird to me. there are actual rodents in LOL.
I didn’t refer to Ahri as a rodent, I was referring to Teemo who technically is a yordle iirc but is a rodent for real-life-purposes

Jondolio

Smash Hero
But seriously though, I think Conker is one of the least interesting characters out there from a visual standpoint and his only saving grace is that he comes from a game where cartoons say ****, piss, and get drunk. Strip that away and I don't care for him at all, and I stand by this.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Ah yes, ye old "adding two very different characters would also somehow add redundancy to the roster" argument.

It sounds like you're gargling...Well, if you were to say it out loud.
I mean, why add a second 3D cartoon animal mascot when they have so much more to offer like beat-em-ups, fighting games, and FPS games, which also represent more than just their N64 era?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But seriously though, I think Conker is one of the least interesting characters out there from a visual standpoint and his only saving grace is that he comes from a game where cartoons say ****, piss, and get drunk. Strip that away and I don't care for him at all, and I stand by this.
And I will wholeheartedly disagree with Conker being visually uninteresting.

I mean, why add a second 3D cartoon animal mascot when they have so much more to offer like beat-em-ups, fighting games, and FPS games, which also represent more than just their N64 era?
I mean, you can prefer that other stuff get in but that doesn't make them redundant.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, the fact nobody even knows about the first Conker game like how nobody acknowledges Banjo's 4th and 5th games speaks to how Conker only stood out because teehee Nintendo game with naughtyness

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Scrimblo is funny. We've had to deal with years of bad faith people talking about "anime swordsmen" but suddenly people can't handle it when it's their character being made fun of.

Scrimblo Bimblo is also funny because of how true it is lol. Sometimes I look at a character and there are truly no better words for it than Scrimblo Bimblo.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Again, Smash Remix has Conker they gave him a fun and fitting moveset.

Honestly, the fact nobody even knows about the first Conker game like how nobody acknowledges Banjo's 4th and 5th games speaks to how Conker only stood out because teehee Nintendo game with naughtyness
No one really acknowledges Rare's handheld output in general, to be fair. Whenever people talk about how great their Nintendo games were, it's usually always about Banjo or Goldeneye or Perfect Dark or Conker BFD or DKC1-3 or whatever. But you never really see anyone say that the Donkey Kong Land games or Perfect Dark GB are classics.

I guess it doesn't help that outside of the DKL trilogy, none of Rare's handheld games have ever seen a re-release, not even through Rare Replay.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Scrimblo is funny. We've had to deal with years of bad faith people talking about "anime swordsmen" but suddenly people can't handle it when it's their character being made fun of.

Scrimblo Bimblo is also funny because of how true it is lol. Sometimes I look at a character and there are truly no better words for it than Scrimblo Bimblo.
I’m not offended, I think it’s overused.

I thought it was funny at first but the joke is wearing out for me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Scrimblo Bimblo sounds like a Zach Hadel creation and everytime you ****ers say it all I see in my head is

SupremeKing-DULI.png

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Scrimblo Bimblo is great in that it perfectly encapsulates the character archetype its going on about without having to point out the Genre and/or what the character does.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I just hate looking at the word to be honest. Still not entirely sure why.

Also there is something to be said about fighting toxicity with toxicity only breeding more toxicity, but that's not really a conversation I feel like having right now.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
And I will wholeheartedly disagree with Conker being visually uninteresting.

I mean, you can prefer that other stuff get in but that doesn't make them redundant.
That’s why I said “compared to their other options”. Being a cute animal mascot from the same genre and console generation objectively makes him more redundant than RARE’s other characters. I’m fine with him getting in eventually but I’d prefer the company’s other areas get represented first.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I honestly liked Min Min. She has a unique moveset and I found her fun to play as. The music was also quite nice. When it comes to first party DLC, my ideal mindset is this: either give it to an IP that never had a playable rep before or if it's from an IP already repped, give it to one with less than 4 reps. Min Min followed the former and she brought something unique to the table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom