• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Mini-Kraid isn't the real Kraid though. You beat him in 2 seconds and then fight the real one.
Yeah, I know. I think I was aware of that. That is the best Kraid I think we would get though.

In case we somehow got the bigger Kraid...

"When Kraid joins the battle, Giant Alfonzo is in charge of knocking around the stage (Brinstar Depths, that is)!

Giant Alfonzo: Leave it to me!"

Sorry, but I had to.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What happen if Kraid fight on Brinstar Depths?
a emote.png

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What happen if Kraid fight on Brinstar Depths?
I did explain what I think would happen.

In case we somehow got the bigger Kraid...

"When Kraid joins the battle, Giant Alfonzo is in charge of knocking around the stage (Brinstar Depths, that is)!

Giant Alfonzo: Leave it to me!"

Sorry, but I had to.
Either that, or some kind of other giant Metroid monster if there is one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Eldrake

Smash Lord
It would be hilarious if after finally getting Ridley, we get a fighter bigger than him.
It's kind of funny actually, because Kraid, although kaiju sized, actually has great proportions if one is looking for a giantish fighter. Even if shrunk down to Abigail/Hugo size, he'd still look intimidating.
I actually had an idea that he'd lack the ability to dodge and shield in return for an active super armor button that leaves him stunned if he takes too much damage.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I'm gonna bet about the X-Parasite in ZDR
I think the X-Parasite is the peaceful Chozo that send that video. After the massacre on SR388, the Chozo was clinging to its life before its death and the X-Parasite found it. Instead of take over it, it gives the Chozo a second chance and become one. The Chozo then travels the galaxy to find the general to avenge its clan and send help whoever it is.

SKX31

Smash Master
It would be hilarious if after finally getting Ridley, we get a fighter bigger than him.
Still probably a bad matchup against Samus, somehow.
It's kind of funny actually, because Kraid, although kaiju sized, actually has great proportions if one is looking for a giantish fighter. Even if shrunk down to Abigail/Hugo size, he'd still look intimidating.
I actually had an idea that he'd lack the ability to dodge and shield in return for an active super armor button that leaves him stunned if he takes too much damage.
Either he dies at like 40 % from a silly gimp, or lives to see 300 %.

There is no in between. Get ready for the tank to end all tanks. Where being combo food doesn't matter and the reach would make :ultminmin have to approach. But at the same time the blast zone is your worst enemy.

Welcome to the Twilight Kraid Zone. :roll:

(Also the super armor button would likely have to be able to tank a lot: :ultkrool: 's Belly Armor was buffed from 28 % to ca. 36 % since singular Smashes could break it. Even after the buff Warlock Punch one-shots it in 1v1s and :ultshulk: , :ultinkling: and :ultincineroar: can decimate the armor with Buster, Ink and Revenge respectively. For Kraid I'm looking at at least 40-50 %+ since he'd not be able to dodge / shield.)

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
So, I just did Travis Touchdown’s Spirit Battle! I felt so pumped up that for him they chose Live & Learn. This got me thinking. Since they had to ask every publisher if they could use their music on Battlefields and Final Destination, do you think they need to negotiate to include music in Spirit Battles?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
On the subject of size, I really wish they found a way to balance Bowser, K. Rool, and Ridley so they could at least be closer to their proper size. It still feels wrong that K. Rool is actually smaller than D.K where he is portrayed as much larger than him in DKC. The worst part is that they are usually scaled properly in Spirit battles.

Young Link seems to have the opposite problem where he is much larger than he should be.

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
I'm really happy to see this marketing for Metroid. The new trailer looks crazy and finally we see the evil Chozo warrior. Can't wait to play the game!

That Airdash looks like so much fun. Thats the first of its kind for Metroid I think.

If Chozo general becomes a recurring character in the series outside this game, I am fully down for him in Smash, he’s got a great design.

More important though. KRAID IS BACK! Took him long enough. Nice to see him finally get some Spotlight. Since this proves for certain some of the Space Pirates survived the events of Super Metroid, its possible others like Phantoon did as well, the only confirmed deaths are Ridley and Mother Brain. Speaking of Ridley, he still hasn’t been seen yet. He might skip out this game unless I was somehow right about the Robot consciousness theory.
Really happy to see Kraid back, but I must say that it could be just another of his species. I mean... nobody ever said that there is only one Kraid in the universe, plus in Super Metroid there were Mini-Kraids.
On the other hand, I'm 99.99% sure that Phantoon won't be back. It doesn't even make sense for him to be back, since he's something like the physical manifestation of Mother Brain's consciousness. If there is no Mother Brain, there can't be Phantoon.
Then we have Ridley: I honestly would prefer if he isn't in the game, but let's see what they're gonna do with him...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Electabuzz is my favorite electric type but Electivire just looks dumb to me and is among my least favorites.
Waaaaat? Electabuzz is like, one of the coolest designs from Gen 4.

EDIT: I mean Electavire. lol

Kraid Robot!
It's just a Kraid animatronic from Super Nintendo World.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So this is something I just thought of the other day but how many of your favorite games are in Smash?
Too much work to list them all, but I'd say the majority of my console favorites. Not very many(or any, really) of my PC favorites.

also move out E.M.M.I, bad guy Chozo for Smash.
And this is why asking for characters from games you haven't played yet is dumb(looking at you, Nahobino stans). All those people asking for EMMI after that first trailer would miss out on this guy completely.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Waaaaat? Electabuzz is like, one of the coolest designs from Gen 4.

It's just a Kraid animatronic from Super Nintendo World.
I mostly just hate Electivire’s face. Its body is fine but still less cool than Electabuzz. It’s sad because I thought Elekid was one of the only good baby designs. I know I’m in the minority in disliking Electivire but to me, it basically lost everything that made Electabuzz cool.

It still confuses me how the vast majority prefer Electivire’s design (on the right) to Electabuzz’s (on the left).

1630085519803.jpeg

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So this is something I just thought of the other day but how many of your favorite games are in Smash?

Looking at my top 27 favorite games, the ones that are in Smash are Super Castlevania 4, Metal Gear Solid, Minecraft, and Xenoblade 2.
Super Mario 64, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Minecraft, and Tekken 7... and that's about it, haha. Hoping for one of my two PC darlings, but they're long shots at this point, heh.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I'm really happy to see this marketing for Metroid. The new trailer looks crazy and finally we see the evil Chozo warrior. Can't wait to play the game!

Really happy to see Kraid back, but I must say that it could be just another of his species. I mean... nobody ever said that there is only one Kraid in the universe, plus in Super Metroid there were Mini-Kraids.
On the other hand, I'm 99.99% sure that Phantoon won't be back. It doesn't even make sense for him to be back, since he's something like the physical manifestation of Mother Brain's consciousness. If there is no Mother Brain, there can't be Phantoon.
Then we have Ridley: I honestly would prefer if he isn't in the game, but let's see what they're gonna do with him...
A fair point, but I doubt the crew would put a being identical looking to Kraid in, shove him in trailers, and then reveal in game that it isn’t actually him. I guess it could also be something like his offspring but Idk.

Phantoon was in Other M even after Mother Brain was killed again. So I’m not entirely sure how that works. Other M isn’t canon anymore though so if this is the case it would mean they retconned a retcon, which isn’t impossible but I think its funny.

I just want Ridley to be the Main Villain in one game. Hes got the history with Samus and more appearances than any other villain. I just want him to get a moment as the proper Final Boss. Not this game though, since the Chozo general is taking over as lead villain and Kraid is our current underling (though he looks to be more a prisoner). I’m fine with Ridley sitting this one out.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I just had a weird question pop up in my mind but I kinda like it

What non-video game songs would y'all think fit Smash?
Just give me this on the Punch-Out stage:

As far as normal bands go, I love Evanessence, Disturbed, and Linkin Park. What I really want is WWE/AEW songs in the Punch Out stage. Pro Wrestling has some amazing music that would be awesome to fight to.
The only fitting WWE theme for Smash:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A fair point, but I doubt the crew would put a being identical looking to Kraid in, shove him in trailers, and then reveal in game that it isn’t actually him. I guess it could also be something like his offspring but Idk.

Phantoon was in Other M even after Mother Brain was killed again. So I’m not entirely sure how that works. Other M isn’t canon anymore though so if this is the case it would mean they retconned a retcon, which isn’t impossible but I think its funny.

I just want Ridley to be the Main Villain in one game. Hes got the history with Samus and more appearances than any other villain. I just want him to get a moment as the proper Final Boss. Not this game though, since the Chozo general is taking over as lead villain and Kraid is our current underling (though he looks to be more a prisoner). I’m fine with Ridley sitting this one out.
When you didn't play Samus Returns lmak bottom text

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Well, Sakamoto did say that Metroid Dread would give a good idea of what kind of story awaits future Metroid games.
So who knows, maybe Dread will reveal Ridley getting resurrected by someone or something, and we go from Metroid Saga to Ridley Saga.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So, what are the odds of a Direct happening next week, compared to the week after?
Both are 0 compared to the odds of it happening near the end of the month, or in October. Remember when Sakurai said that it would take a while before it's announced?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Both are 0 compared to the odds of it happening near the end of the month, or in October. Remember when Sakurai said that it would take a while before it's announced?
Wasn't that some time ago? Back in June or not too long after? Either way, we could still see a Final Smash Direct, if separate from a regular Direct.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Just give me this on the Punch-Out stage:

The only fitting WWE theme for Smash:
Lol I was going to post that but my list was already too long. TJP’s theme would be perfect for Smash.

Kenny Omega’s theme would be great too since it sounds a lot like a Touhou song and makes a reference to Sephiroth in the lyrics.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mostly just hate Electivire’s face. Its body is fine but still less cool than Electabuzz. It’s sad because I thought Elekid was one of the only good baby designs. I know I’m in the minority in disliking Electivire but to me, it basically lost everything that made Electabuzz cool to me.
I think his face looks fine, though I do see how it could be pretty easily made to look derpy.

It still confuses me how the vast majority prefer Electivire’s design (on the right) to Electabuzz’s (on the left).
I dunno. I just like 'em, though, I never really cared for Electabuzz's design.

Elekid is neat though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Its true, I played AM2R lol. Returns is on my list but I’m too broke and wanna wait till the prices lowers again after Dread releases.

The game is a remake of Metroid 2 though, the Space Pirates don’t have much to do with the story right?
Ridley was the final boss despite that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom