• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
So, anyway....

Video games

They're neat.
Video games? Whats are those? I thought this was the potshot thread.

On a relevant note, I doubt the event tonight will mean anything. Its probably a tourney and if it isn't it still probably won't be important.

Now that I've jinxed it I can return to praying we don't get AA spirits.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Who are y’all’s MWs actually? I know a few given some of your pfps and devious messages and signatures, eg Rie wants Octoling, Theguy wants Layton and Inferno7 wants Shadow
But yea what are y’all’s MWs?
Asuka from Senran Kagura. You can see why I'm not expecting her from the franchise alone.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who are y’all’s MWs actually? I know a few given some of your pfps and devious messages and signatures, eg Rie wants Octoling, Theguy wants Layton and Inferno7 wants Shadow
I got my most wanted a while ago, bro.

There’s still some guys I’d like to see, like Crash, Rayman, or Phoenix Wright. But I’m well satisfied at this point.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I know people are getting on Forsaken. The thing I will say is I agree with him on one thing

Smash Ultimate is kind of a rushed game, which doesn't mean it's bad. But between Homerun Contest and Stage Builder needing to be post launch content when there was data in the game already, Plant being Bonus DLC, and kind of the overall lack of Single player compared to other games, there are aspects of the game that feel rushed

Of course, considering how much this game packs in Characters (Especially since this is also the most balanced game at the same time), Stages, etc, along with being very polished at that (so barely any bugs), Sakurai and the Smash Team did an excellent job at crafting the game.

I don't think the game is a Scam though. The Base roster got the Biggest Fan picks (Veterans coming back, Ridley, K.Rool), and Cool characters in roster, and DLC is Optional.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm always hoping for a new spirit event that brings in new spirits. I'm on the watch for either a Ninja Gaiden spirit event or Destroy All Humans event. It would be nice to get an Ace Attorney event right here and now so that way if Phoenix isn't in, the gut punch will happen now rather than later. But I still have hope for him, even if I don't want to actively predict him because then I'll jinx myself and the universe will swap Phoenix out for another character like a Pokemon.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
Illidan Stormrage (WarCraft)
Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
Gengar (Pokémon)
Goomba (Super Mario)
Bill Rizer (Contra)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Velvet Crowe (Tales of Vesperia)

just to name a few.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Mine were K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo.

Min Min was icing on cake and Sephiroth was a character I never knew I wanted until playing him.

Anyone else at this point is just icing on cake.
I don't know why everyone talks about Sephiroth as if he was some secret MW that they all had. The excitement around this character is so confusing to me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know people are getting on Forsaken. The thing I will say is I agree with him on one thing

Smash Ultimate is kind of a rushed game, which doesn't mean it's bad. But between Homerun Contest and Stage Builder needing to be post launch content when there was data in the game already, Plant being Bonus DLC, and kind of the overall lack of Single player compared to other games, there are aspects of the game that feel rushed

Of course, considering how much this game packs in Characters (Especially since this is also the most balanced game at the same time), Stages, etc, along with being very polished at that (so barely any bugs), Sakurai and the Smash Team did an excellent job at crafting the game.

I don't think the game is a Scam though. The Base roster got the Biggest Fan picks (Veterans coming back, Ridley, K.Rool), and Cool characters in roster, and DLC is Optional.
Let's be real though, complaining about a game being rushed not in the launch window, but three years after it's released, after subsequently adding back a lot of that content via DLC in the interim is indicative of ulterior motivations spurring those criticisms.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know why everyone talks about Sephiroth as if he was some secret MW that they all had. The excitement around this character is so confusing to me.
Because Sephiroth is an incredibly beloved character despite people not realizing they wanted him in like how Banjo suddenly became a massive request after Phil Spencer made that tweet and how nobody talked about Banjo before that for a loooong time?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Because Sephiroth is an incredibly beloved character despite people not realizing they wanted him in like how Banjo suddenly became a massive request after Phil Spencer made that tweet and how nobody talked about Banjo before that for a loooong time?
Sephiroth isn't even that popular of a character though. He was the main villain of one final fantasy game. Literally nobody ever talked about him in speculation.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Hes an iconic villain most people thought were a pipedream due to how poor FF7 was done prior to his inclusion. Before his sudden and unexpected appearance had him raise hell and beat up almost everyone.

His inclusion is the definition of "Character you never knew you always wanted."

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Hes an iconic villain most people thought were a pipedream due to how poor FF7 was done prior to his inclusion. Before his sudden and unexpected appearance had him raise hell and beat up almost everyone.

His inclusion is the definition of "Character you never knew you always wanted."
Eggman is an iconic villain too. Would he become everyone's secret most wanted if he was included? What about Glados from portal,, also an iconic villain. What about Vaas from Far Cry or Handsome Jack?

Also how would he be a pipedream? Nobody ever talked about him. You're still telling me that everyone somehow secretly wanted him.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You're damn right, brother.

Look at those curves.

My most wanted was Ridley.

Now its Lloyd Irving and Phoenix Wright.

Lloyd has no chance anymore so I'm holding out for Wright.
Funny thing is, Lloyd was also one of my most wanted.

While I don't have the same attachement to Wright, I be pretty dang excited/happy if he did made it at the very end.

Ivander

Smash Legend
On this topic, I got my most wanted, with Simon Belmont, with Richter Belmont as a big plus. Also got some other characters I really like, like King K.Rool, Inklings, Incineroar, Banjo&Kazooie, Sephiroth and Eight as part of Hero's costumes.

If we're counting next most wanted after, that would be Ray 01/the Ray series from Custom Robo. But the Ray MKIII Mii Costume works well enough for me in the meantime. Monster Hunter is also another most wanted, but I'm also fine with the Mii Costume too. Some other notable Mii costumes I like are Bomberman, Cuphead, Goemon, Megaman.Exe and Protoman.

If we're counting Most Wanted, but not a priority, there's the Chosen Undead, the Bloodborne Hunter, Shovel Knight, Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, Nightmare from Soul Calibur, Neku from The World Ends with You, Yuri Lowell, Bartz Klauser, Miriam from Bloodstained, a character from Phantasy Star, and etc etc.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Eggman is an iconic villain too. Would he become everyone's secret most wanted if he was included? What about Glados from portal,, also an iconic villain. What about Vaas from Far Cry or Handsome Jack?
Dunno, they haven't been included. But its gonna be really hard to replicate the circumstances surrounding Sephiroths hype.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sephiroth isn't even that popular of a character though. He was the main villain of one final fantasy game. Literally nobody ever talked about him in speculation.
I'm not sure if the comparisons to Banjo are entirely 1:1, but they do both share the fact that they were held back by a belief they wouldn't happen, which constrained the popularity they otherwise would've had beforehand. Banjo's was the belief that competitor characters wouldn't get added, and Sephiroth's was that we wouldn't get secondary unique characters from third-parties.

I'm not saying Sephiroth would've been as popular as Banjo, but he definitely would've had more demand than he did, had that perceived obstacle not been present. Just as Chun-Li, Zero, Alucard, more Sonic characters, etc. will now have more notable demand going forward, thanks to him.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Also people are misinterpreting what I'm saying to mean I hate Sephiroth. I don't hate him and I like his inclusion. I just don't understand why there's such extreme excitement around him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Life does not revolve around speculation.

Things that we don't think are likely don't often get brought up in speculation, regardless of how awesome we think the idea would be.

Also, haven't you ever just seen something you've never thought of before and go, holy **** that's awesome!!! Some characters can be that way for people.

I sure as heck wasn't expecting or talking about Pokemon Trainer pre Brawl, but I love him to death and is one of my favorite Smash characters in design and concept.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if the comparisons to Banjo are entirely 1:1, but they do both share the fact that they were held back by a belief they wouldn't happen, which constrained the popularity they otherwise would've had beforehand. Banjo's was the belief that competitor characters wouldn't get added, and Sephiroth's was that we wouldn't get secondary unique characters from third-parties.

I'm not saying Sephiroth would've been as popular as Banjo, but he definitely would've had more demand than he did had that perceived obstacle not been present, just as Chun-Li, Zero, Alucard, more Sonic characters, etc. will now have more notable demand going forward, thanks to him.
They aren't 1-1. Banjo was a common request since Brawl, Sephiroth wasn't even talked about until he got included.

Also stop with the hypothetical scenarios, that didn't happen. I don't care if he "would have" had more demand if he never did. The "perceived obstacle" is that nobody ever talked about him. Stop looking at reveals in hindsight and saying that you were incredibly hyped about how much of a great inclusion he was when you wouldn't have cared if he never got included at all. It's so annoying how the fandom does this.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It’s not about how many games he was in, but what he did to leave his mark and an impact with his character and all. He pretty much was an impactful villain in the world of gaming.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They aren't 1-1. Banjo was a common request since Brawl, Sephiroth wasn't even talked about until he got included.

Also stop with the hypothetical scenarios, that didn't happen. I don't care if he "would have" had more demand if he never did. The "perceived obstacle" is that nobody ever talked about him. Stop looking at reveals in hindsight and saying that you were incredibly hyped about how much of a great inclusion he was when you wouldn't have cared if he never got included at all. It's so annoying how the fandom does this.
Are you only excited by expected things?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
It’s not about how many games he was in, but what he did to leave his mark and an impact with his character and all. He pretty much was an impactful villain in the world of gaming.
Cloud left more of an impact. He was the protagonist of an influential JRPG. Sephiroth was the main villain of that game, but there's no reason he had to be included, it was already represented enough with Cloud. If you're gonna add Sephiroth then why not add Tifa and Barret as fully playable characters too, they are equally "iconic"

Also people really overexaggerate FF7.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I can’t speak for anyone else but Sephiroth has always been one of my favorite video game characters ever. He was one of the first characters I made a Brawl mod for and I was extremely hyped he made it into Ultimate.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Are you only excited by expected things?
Not at all. I like things that are unexpected, but at the same time, I don't act like I had a character as a secret MW all the time and I "always wanted them" when I would never care if he wasn't included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom