• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Whatever the reason is, in reality, it's unlikely to be meaningful in terms of the next announcement or Direct. Not the least of which is because that date this year is a Sunday.
While I do agree, I'd still want to be a fly on the wall listening to whoever made the call to do this.

Because this was a coordinated move to make all non-JP versions of the August 2018 Direct private at least. Not only was the Australian version apparently removed, but the Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese were apparently also deleted (which are based on the Japanese version). At least, I'm getting the "This video has been removed by the uploader" message on those two (and I'm posting this partly to ask if anyone else is getting that same message on the Chinese uploads).

The whole situation feels weird even if (most likely) nothing comes out of it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
If we do get a character reveal in October that is themed around the general spooky vibes of the month, who do you think we could get to celebrate Halloween?

My 3 Choices would be the Emmi, Alucard, or Pyramid Head.
I think
Rachel Alucard- Blazblue
Nemesis- Resident Evil
King Boo
Mettaton- Undertale
If ghost turned robot is counted as spooky

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
The Australian video's deleted because the final characters is of Australian origin.. :4pacman:
Oh yea get ready y'all

It's:
undefined
Thought for sure that was gonna be Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.
If we do get a character reveal in October that is themed around the general spooky vibes of the month, who do you think we could get to celebrate Halloween?

This is how King Boo wins

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know they're deconfirmed as spirts?
(Characters who become spirits during DLC don't get to be fighters)
They were during Pass 1 though so they're back in the running.

Which could explain the final slot as plans might have originally fell through but due to Pass 2 coming to be said finally added which could coincide with Fix/Second Chance Theory.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
They were during Pass 1 though so they're back in the running.

Which could explain the final slot as plans originally fell through but due to Pass 2 coming to be said character was finally added fitting to "Fix/Second" Chance Theory.
Bingo.
I still think Phoenix is more likely that RE, but yea. Kazuya tells us that reconsidering RE is a logical move.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It will be the Warrior of Light from FFXIV or the Guardian from Phantasy Star Online 2. They will celebrate Halloween's passion for costumes and whatnot by having a frick'ton of alt costumes and to celebrate Halloween's spooky nature, they will frighten the Smash fanbase by being another anime swordfighter, and from an MMO.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So uhhhh did something happen suddenly? Been gone all day due to going on a hike near the border with my dad, brother, sister-in-law, uncle and cousins and catching up rest afterward.
nintendo randomly made the August 8th smash direct private in every country apart from Japan and straight up deleted it in Australia. It’s gotten people thinking that a teaser or annlun

I could only ever see king boo if we’re getting an October announcement. That’s a big if though.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The Australian video's deleted because the final characters is of Australian origin.. :4pacman:
Oh yea get ready y'all

It's:
The last character is Australian huh?

TY the Tasmanian Tiger HD for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

This is our next DLC character right here.

Theguy123

Smash Lord

king boo any day of the week if it’s an October reveal. Would Explain the no Luigi Manson 3 event even though it’s a big mainline game.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Bit of a stretch, but maybe a Smash Ultimate 50 fact extravaganza?
...of things we already know? Those things make more sense BEFORE launch.

Jill Valentine.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Looks like we in 2002.
(The page number)
The early 2000s?

Welp, I’m gonna go grab a nu metal CD and crank it up, maybe get the rights to an anime and throw said music over whatever went there originally. You go grab a leather outfit and some sunglasses and stand there in the corner all standoffish and cool. One of you other guys brag about how you went to joovey for breaking a kid’s nose and how you’re not afraid to do it again. Another one of you guys try to one-up that guy by telling him that you hold wrench fights in your garage and your parents let you do it. Aaaand then we get some girls to go down the hallway going “BEEEEEyop! EEEEERUNNNNNN!” In a sorta Mickey Mouse type voice aaaaand that’s the early 2000s in my corner of Minnesota.

If you’re a normie. Weirdos like me were in the corner talking about Toonami anime and video games. No wrench fights or BEEEEyop for us. Nu metal tho…

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
The only logical explanations I can think of for the 8.8.2018 Smash Direct videos being privated are:
A) Some kind of copyright issue outside of Japan, possibly a licensing issue, maybe a certain track being played at the olympics?
B) Some announcements are scheduled for 8.8 this year and this is simply a temporary measure to avoid confusion.

The missing spirit events are 1019 and 1035. The missing tourney is 4029
Any sort of list off all these event numbers and release timing available anywhere? How many of these events have been delayed? Could give us some insight on what company CP11 hails from.

It would be fitting, since Steve was revealed in Spooktober and his presence certainly sent chills down quite a few smashers spines.

As for who has the wares to deliver the scares? None can be more befitting than one the most notorious entities in gaming ever conceived. One whose mere presence strikes dread and terror in the hearts of so many. Who throughout the years has invoked the howls and screams of countless gamers, media mouthpieces, and concerned mothers the world over...

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
the character isn’t gonna be spooky just for the sake of Halloween, lol

and them privatizing videos isn’t an intentional teaser, lol. could mean something is happening at some point but it’s not meant as a breadcrumb trail for fans to find evidence of a direct, it’s just their general incompetence/doing-whatever showing

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As for who has the wares to deliver the scares? None can be more befitting than one the most notorious entities in gaming ever conceived. One whose mere presence strikes dread and terror in the hearts of so many. Who throughout the years has invoked the howls and screams of countless gamers, media mouthpieces, and concerned mothers the world over...
That's a weird picture of GTA.

its vice versa
It's going to be Halloween because the character is spooky?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
September is the perfect time for an M rated reveal if M rated theory is correct due to directs usually being RP-M so I’ll be going in expecting an M rated character so that I can’t be hurt if it happens.
So in that case, if both M Theory and Thirst Theory are taken into account...

No, stop it, boy, you're getting your hopes up again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom