• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok so I know RGFS is gonna be summoned over this or something lol

But after looking at the list of mute characters I linked y'all on my last page, I saw some that make a lot of sense.. Doomguy included

But Claude makes sense to me, too.

October 2021 could line up with whenever this last fighter is revealed.

Figure Theory holder right there.

GTA 3 became the best-selling video game of 2001, and has sold over 14.5 million copies since.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Eh, let’s humor this “last character has to be mute” theory. Who could fit that?
If that theory ends up being true, I think it will most likely be a retro NES or SNES that is best known for their older games. Most of these were made before voice acting in games was a thing so being mute would be totally fitting (even if some got voices in later games). My reasoning is that they made Mega Man mute in Smash despite later having a voice.

Here are a few of what I believe are the strongest possibilities:

Bill Rizer (Contra)
Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
Crono (Chrono Trigger)

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Ok so I know RGFS is gonna be summoned over this or something lol

But after looking at the list of mute characters I linked y'all on my last page, I saw some that make a lot of sense.. Doomguy included

But Claude makes sense to me, too.

October 2021 could line up with whenever this last fighter is revealed.

Figure Theory holder right there.

GTA 3 became the best-selling video game of 2001, and has sold over 14.5 million copies since.
Would they go for GTA 3 over GTA San Andreas though?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean they could, for marketing reasons such as a Switch port for GTA 3 and/or this supposed remaster. Slightly off topic, but the 4 biggest GTA games IMO are 3, SA, 4, and 5. 3 is the first 3D graphics-based game, and a few years older than SA, therefore a bit more of a legacy. Then again, SA did sell more copies that 3 did. Heck SA sold more copies than 4 0_o

Better yet, pull a Hero situation and get Claude, CJ, Niko, and Franklin lmaoooo

SKX31

Smash Master
Ngl I'm surprised you said this as one of your safe picks. I'm definitely open to the idea, but idk...

Would make for a banger of a final challenger pack tho haha
It would be neat if that 4chan leak was right all along
That's pretty much why I don't see it tbh. It just feels like too big of a note to end on, especially since we're probably looking at a Direct reveal.

Sure, you could stretch that it would be close to Worlds 2021, but still... we've never ended on such a big game/series before.
While I wouldn't be surprised if it happened (:ultsteve: was revealed one day before Minecon, giving us a potential template for how character reveals work with such events) it'd require some deep planning from the parties involved. Which isn't impossible, but still unlikely really.

I know not everyone believes in Samus Hunter but this is the only info we have now regarding FP11.

I asked her if she’s leaning towards the last character being 1st or 3rd party based on what she’s been hearing and she’s saying 3rd party.
As much as that's a non-commital answer, at least it's not jumping onto something for certain (which can and has backfired a lot).

(Obligatory note to proceed with caution.)

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
While I wouldn't be surprised if it happened (:ultsteve: was revealed one day before Minecon, giving us a potential template for how character reveals work with such events) it'd require some deep planning from the parties involved. Which isn't impossible, but still unlikely really.
Thanks for indirectly reminding me about :ultsteve: right before Minecon haha

Slight correction: Steve was revealed 2 days before Minecon, not 1.

Back to my point:
I used that as a reason to believe that we'd get a Blizzard rep as CP9. Blizzcon 2021 was going to start 2 days after the 2/17 direct, but clearly, we got :ultpyra::ultmythra: instead.
Then again, you're definitely right that it's not impossible but just unlikely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thanks for indirectly reminding me about :ultsteve: right before Minecon haha

Slight correction: Steve was revealed 2 days before Minecon, not 1.

Back to my point:
I used that as a reason to believe that we'd get a Blizzard rep as CP9. Blizzcon 2021 was going to start 2 days after the 2/17 direct, but clearly, we got :ultpyra::ultmythra: instead.
Then again, you're definitely right that it's not impossible but just unlikely.
You know, I had a feeling CP10 would be a Namco character since Nintendo’s and Bandai Namco’s E3 presentations were on the same day this E3

turns out I was right - :ultkazuya:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Eh, let’s humor this “last character has to be mute” theory. Who could fit that?
For specifically mute characters, there's Gordon Freeman, Bandana Waddle Dee, Amaterasu unless wolf noises count, and Doomslayer to name a few

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I know not everyone believes in Samus Hunter but this is the only info we have now regarding FP11.

I asked her if she’s leaning towards the last character being 1st or 3rd party based on what she’s been hearing and she’s saying 3rd party.
That is quite a no answer. Kinda wish she gave us something to work with instead of just possibilities.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It be hell of a lot easier to bring Claude over Carl Johnson since you'd have to cast the voice of CJ and he hasn't been happy with Rockstar for a while.

She'd have to know who the character is in order to tell if it's third party or not so why can't she tell us who it is?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember also that Nintendo is cracking down HARDCORE on leaks now so it’s very possible they’re throwing out fake names

and Samus Hunter likely doesn’t wanna name any names for fear of one of their sources falling for bait and getting smoked out

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
he hasn't been happy with Rockstar for a while.
The same could be said about pretty much every GTA protagonist's voice actor. There's a reason why Niko had no additional dialog in the Episodes from Liberty City.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Remember when for a bit Gordon Freeman was speculated to be the final fighter but for Fighters Pass 1? Because of that monsum guy?

What if we were looking at the wrong fighters pass?

😳

MattX20

Smash Hero
Remember also that Nintendo is cracking down HARDCORE on leaks now so it’s very possible they’re throwing out fake names

and Samus Hunter likely doesn’t wanna name any names for fear of one of their sources falling for bait and getting smoked out
They've done a very good job at keeping the second fighter pass names a secret. Few if any people were able to get any correct info

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The same could be said about pretty much every GTA protagonist's voice actor. There's a reason why Niko had no additional dialog in the Episodes from Liberty City.
Except for maybe the GTA 5 protagonists. They seem like they still want to work with Rockstar.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
For specifically mute characters, there's Gordon Freeman, Bandana Waddle Dee, Amaterasu unless wolf noises count, and Doomslayer to name a few
BWD sometimes isn't mute, so he may or may not count as mute depending on how he'd be interpreted in Smash (there's a short "wanya" voice clip that he uses in games like Rainbow Curse, Battle Royale IIRC, and Fighters 2.) Wolf noises do count as a voice for this context.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m just saying if we DO get Reimu after all, she might be mute

not that I’m counting on that

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If we were to get another retro NES character, who do you think the most likely options are at this point? My money is on Bill Rizer and the Battletoads but is there anyone else I’m missing? Ryu Hyabusa would have probably been the front runner if not for those interviews.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I wonder if Sans would be mute and only use his dialogue sound effects. Although technically speaking, it's the voice of Bill Fagerbakke. I wonder if they'd get him on board to voice Sans.
“Is this Bill Fagerbakke? We’d like to contact you about voicing-“
“No this is Patrick.”
Hangs up.
This exactly what I’m gonna assume happened if we get Sans and Bill doesn’t voice him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we were to get another retro NES character, who do you think the most likely options are at this point? My money is on Bill Rizer and the Battletoads but is there anyone else I’m missing? Ryu Hyabusa would have probably been the front runner if not for those interviews.
Well, there's Bimmy and Jimmy. Beat' Em Ups don't have a character, and Double Dragon's up there with Final Fight and Streets of Rage for the most iconic.
Technically Strider had a NES game.
Bubble Bobble too.
If we're talking rejected ideas that make a comeback, Excitebike guy was someone who was considered too. Imagine doing crazy Jackie Chan bike stunts in a fighting games I guess.

Not sure I'd call him likely, but Spencer from Bionic Commando is also worth looking into for NES era in particular.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Being completely honest I don't think we'll ever get a retro NES character until next game (base)
Most of the choices either
-Aren't very popular
-Come from dead franchises and aren't relevant anymore
Both of which are huge no-noes to Nintendo
I know this is inevitable, but I'm just worried that if CP11 isn't a hindsight fan favorite, people are gonna say "NINTENDO DOESNT LISTEN TO ITS FANS" and forget about all the ballot picks and DLC fan favorites we got...
Mfw none of my ballot picks that were popular got elected

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well, there's Bimmy and Jimmy. Beat' Em Ups don't have a character, and Double Dragon's up there with Final Fight and Streets of Rage for the most iconic.
Technically Strider had a NES game.
Bubble Bobble too.
If we're talking rejected ideas that make a comeback, Excitebike guy was someone who was considered too. Imagine doing crazy Jackie Chan bike stunts in a fighting games I guess.

Not sure I'd call him likely, but Spencer from Bionic Commando is also worth looking into for NES era in particular.
Yeah those are some good options. I loved Battletoads & Double Dragon so Billy and Jimmy would be great even if I don’t find them quite as interesting as the Toads. I was also a huge Bubble Bobble fan on the NES so they would be welcome as well.

As far as popularity goes, I agree that almost all of the options are not currently very popular but they were huge in their time. I think it makes some sense to try to represent every era of gaming in Smash and we haven’t really had an NES era character this game since Simon in the base game. I agree they aren’t necessarily super likely but I think they have a better chance than most people think. I mostly brought them up because of the voice theory.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
My Safe Picks(can't put my most wanted)
1.Doshin the Giant
2.Rhythm Heaven
3.Phoenix Wright
4.Capcom
5.Sega

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
The real retro rep is ….

NES Batman

j/k

Bill and Lance from Contra, Battletloads or Ryu Hayabusa (if that interview didn’t happen)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The real retro rep is ….

NES Batman

j/k

Bill and Lance from Contra, Battletloads or Ryu Hayabusa (if that interview didn’t happen)
Yeah, I feel like those are the top three contenders as far as future NES characters for Smash. Hyabusa may have to wait for the next game based on the interviews but I’m confident he’ll get in eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom