• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I can’t speak about Dreamworks but I know there was a Cartoon Network Smash style game years ago:
I don’t think it was that good though... there was a updated release with XL added to the end of the title.
While there isn’t a general Dreamworks Smash clone, there was one for Kung Fu Panda specifically (Showdown of Legendary Legends IIRC.)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Not all of Dreamworks, but.....

Shrek Super Slam | WikiShrek | Fandom
inhales deeply

SomeBODY ONCE TOLD ME-
View attachment 322574

Who's waiting for their invitation?

Korra without Aang would be like getting Apollo or Athena without Phoenix. Let's hope this is true.
I want them to get REAL out there with the picks. Gimme CatScratch, Action League Now, I'll even take Winx Club!

Yes, Winx Club is considered a Nicktoon. I was surprised, too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DreamWorks definitely should do their own Smash style game.

They have their fair pools of IP like HTTYD, Kung Fu Panda, Mega Mind, Madagascar, Shrek, etc.

The same with SEGA and Microsoft.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

They have their fair pools of IP like HTTYD, Kung Fu Panda, Mega Mind, Madagascar, Shrek, etc.

Wouldn't Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar technically be eligible for this since they have stuff aired on Nick before?

ChaosAngelZone

Smash Cadet
I don't post here much these days, but I see a lot of people evaluating Ace Attorney's popularity by sales alone, and while yes that is obviously a big factor, I just want to point out that Ace Attorney has gotten a multi-season anime series, live action movie, and orchestra concerts (including one very recently just a few months ago), which is stuff that a lot of the big-name franchises don't even get. The Ace Attorney series definitely has a good amount of popularity, at least in Japan, where the DLC character choices seemed to be favored towards anyway.

Also yes I am biased and want Phoenix in Smash. But still.

Theguy123

Smash Lord

Pretty sure they already have a kung fu panda fighting game thats similar to smash bros

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So how long does everyone think this smash clone is gonna last.

I give this new smash clone about a month and then everyone will be back to the old usual speculation about smash bros and asking for better online connection.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You guys saw the Nick Smash game right? Where my Leonardo mains at?

Well, here's all the mathematically possible colors for Challenger Pack 11!

The difference between this and last time is... I decided to show everything rather than trying to simplify it myself. While this might look like the rainbow (which, it kinda does tbh), I think you could maybe look at some of those colors and boil it down.

Like, my first observation is the first three bottom colors that exist outside the statistical range kinda' look like duplicates of the last three bottom ones. Even though they technically have different values (which is why they are listed separately), they look so similar, you could just eliminate them and there'd be no difference imo.

But.... yeah. Decided to do this approach. Let me know what ya'll think about that.
Ah, so we're getting Geo Stelar. Good. GOOOOOOOOOOD!

SKX31

Smash Master
Not all of Dreamworks, but.....
Obligatory:

Shrek Super Slam > PSASBR and I stand by that.

While there isn’t a general Dreamworks Smash clone, there was one for Kung Fu Panda specifically (Showdown of Legendary Legends IIRC.)
IIRC that one unlike Shrek Super Slam doesn't have any interesting depth; and to casual players SoLL come off as a Smash clone without its own hook. While the latter is also true for Shrek Super Slam (as such it never got a strong casual playerbase beyond those playing it for the memes) it also shares a similar quirk to Melee: namely that its borked nature came around due to a rushed development cycle and said brokenness is not horribly detrimental. I'd compare the Kung Fu Panda one to Punch Time Explosion because the ways those games are broken... well they're truely open to rampant exploitation once a person finds out.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Pretty sure they already have a kung fu panda fighting game thats similar to smash bros
I mean, yeah. There's also the Shrek one that's pretty infamous(crumpet dash!).

But I mean one for, just, all of Dreamworks. Shrek, Madagascar, Kung-Fu Panda, Train Your Dragon, and a bunch nobody cares about!

Gimmie some Miguel and Tulio from Road to El Dorado!

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
All this talk of kung fu panda is making me extremely impatient for the kung fu panda 4 trailer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So how long does everyone think this smash clone is gonna last.

I give this new smash clone about a month and then everyone will be back to the old usual speculation about smash bros and asking for better online connection.
It's made by a competent and experienced dev team who do cater towards a competitive scene so I feel this is needlessly harsh

7NATOR

Smash Master
Just saying more companies needs to jump on the Smash train. Lot of potential for all of them.
More Competition in the Platform Fighter Genre I think is good, just like in most avenues when it comes Companies and their products. It forces them to put in the effort

The only thing I would say is I imagine if Smash doesn't have as big of a monopoly, it might be harder or not in Nintendo's Interest to get certain characters. I Imagine if Sega made a Platform fighter, that it might affect whether Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker would be included in the roster, since Sega would be taking limelight out of Smash and such. Same thing if Microsoft made their own, or Capcom, or whoever

I can’t speak about Dreamworks but I know there was a Cartoon Network Smash style game years ago:
I don’t think it was that good though... there was a updated release with XL added to the end of the title.
Punch Time Explosion I actually think had some really good content, especially the XL version. Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Unlockabale costumes, and Melee Sized roster (With XL).

I liked it back in the day, but the most recent time I played it, the problem with the game is the actual gameplay. The Physics aren't nowhere as sharp as Smash. It's like there's barely any weight to any type of moves. I think they should have another go at it though

Dreamworks also had a Kung Fu Panda Smash like game, but I don't think it was also the best either

This Nickelodeon game actually might have really good feel in terms of Smash, if it's made by the people who made Slap City. I'm sad that there likely won't be Voice Acting, but otherwise for their First attempt at a Console/PC Platformer Fighter, it's looking good. Though Nintendo has been making Nick Fighting games since the 2010's era on their Website with Flash

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The blues and greens in the color theory reminded me of another one of my favorite video game characters that I don’t think I’ve ever once seen brought up for discussion: Raziel from Soul Reaver. He’s extremely unlikely but I think he would be awesome to play as in Smash. We already have vampire hunters in Smash through Simon and Richter so why not a playable vampire to go along with them?

View attachment 322561
Wow. Someone other than me and Speed Weed Speed Weed mentioned Raziel? You love to see it!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
CN is long overdue for Punch Explosion XL sequel.

Especially to give characters like Steven Universe, Mordecai & Rigby, Courage, perhaps even the Bears from We Bare Bears.
The previous game doesn't even have Adventure Time in it!

Plus it could use some Gumball, some Craig. And if CN is willing to spend money on the license, Teen Titans Go.

Lets get the Rivals of Aether dev team to make PTE 2 >: ))))
Or McLeodGaming.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm sure they'd put it on hold to work on a huge project like that.
They could, but I sort of doubt it simultaneously.

Given the 2022 release window they want to hit, they're probably in the middle of development on some of the game's phases, e.g making new characters, stages, assists, and probably working with Alpharad on the voice announcements. Maybe even a few surprises that would take time to code/create/program.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It’s kind of a shame because I love the TMNT but never really cared much for any of the other Nick Toons other than Avatar and Korra. I do really appreciate that they used the classic cartoon designs for the Ninja Turtles. I’m not really a big fan of the modern cartoon designs, although the previous 3D one was pretty good.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Exactly my point. Metroid got more content despite what could be perceived as indifference to the series. Glad we are on the same page for once. AA can get in using the exact same logic. That is my point. You cant apply rules to one series and then when shown with an example in a similar position say nope.

Also, you didnt seem to address the irony.

I heard the game didnt perform as well as it could. It doesnt help that Nintendo killed a fan made project called AM2R (which like Samus returns, was a remake of the same game as Samus returns).

Though it seems like Dread has helped the game get new life:

The source for both of these is VGChartz, which is not a reliable source by any means. Additionally, it's contradicted by the fact that Nintendo said Samus Returns had 'firm sales' in their financial report, which implies it met their expectations, and making the top 10 3ds titles in the US (it's best market) for its release year. At the very worst it did well enough for Nintendo to continue working with MercurySteam and is nowhere close to the situation that Other M or FF were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom