• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Considering the sort of things that the development team has done in the past, I could see them including baby/young child forms for every character (regardless of whether or not they've had one shown) just because they can.
Oh god... are we going back to that fad where they make a baby version of all the things?

51cDuK0CPaL.jpg

Gengar84

Smash Hero
You know what would be funny? If Scorpion and/or Sub Zero had ultra-secret (not even listed within the game) Babalities that only worked on characters with established baby forms (Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Wario, Lucario, Rosalina & Luma, and Ridley).
That’s a funny idea. I’d be totally down for that lol.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
What exactly prompted that era to focus on baby/young versions of characters? I mean, some of them were good while others.......yeah, but like, what was it that made the media so focused on that?
I suppose because BABIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES! THEY'RE BABIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Considering the sort of things that the development team has done in the past, I could see them including baby/young child forms for every character (regardless of whether or not they've had one shown) just because they can.
For me, that would kind of take it from "heh, cute touch" to "why does this exist?" territory. They might be able to pull it off with good character designers, but it still has a high potential for some cursed stuff, and you run into problems like:
  • IIRC, Kirby is canonically a baby, so baby Kirby is just Kirby.
  • Similarly, baby Pichu is just Pichu, baby Squirtle is just Squirtle, baby R.O.B. is just R.O.B., and baby Pyra/Mythra are just Mythra.
    • I suppose these instances could be played off as "that's the joke".
  • Bowser Jr.'s design is almost the exact same as Baby Bowser's design, so what the heck would baby Bowser Jr. even look like?
I guess on the bright side, baby Piranha Plant just being a sapling in a pot and baby Steve just being smaller would be pretty funny, and baby Duck Hunt would be absolutely adorable.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For me, that would kind of take it from "heh, cute touch" to "why does this exist?" territory. They might be able to pull it off with good character designers, but it still has a high potential for some cursed stuff, and you run into problems like:
  • Similarly, baby Pichu is just Pichu, baby Squirtle is just Squirtle, baby R.O.B. is just R.O.B., and baby Pyra/Mythra are just Pyra/Mythra.
  • Bowser Jr.'s design is almost the exact same as Baby Bowser's design, so what the heck would baby Bowser Jr. even look like?
I guess on the bright side, baby Piranha Plant just being a sapling in a pot and baby Steve just being smaller would be pretty funny, and baby Duck Hunt would be absolutely adorable.
Would baby Duck Hunt just be a puppy carrying around a bird egg on its back?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Once Ultimate is done, I might fully jump ship to Brawl Modding. Creating my own Smash content would be incredible.
I was pretty big into the Brawl modding scene years ago. I went by the name Aafyre so I’m curious if you’ll come across some of my own. I kind of want to try modding Ultimate when the DLC is done if I can ever find the time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm kinda expecting Sakurai to work an original, non-Smash project once Ultimate is finished, something along the lines of Meteos or Kid Icarus Uprising.

Sakurai's been making a big deal of how FP2 will finally end the continuous development of Smash that's been going on since Smash 4 back in 2012. The Switch most likely still has quite a lot of life left in it and there's not gonna really be a need to jump straight into the next Smash for the next console that probably won't see release for several more years from now.
It won't happen but I would love to see Sakurai and HAL go back to their roots and make another Kirby game.

Ivander

Smash Legend
  • Similarly, baby Pichu is just Pichu, baby Squirtle is just Squirtle,
  • Bowser Jr.'s design is almost the exact same as Baby Bowser's design, so what the heck would baby Bowser Jr. even look like
I mean, they could become Eggs that haven't hatched. I remember that being a joke in Ducktales with a Fountain of Youth episode where the characters were younger in the Fountain's reflection, and Huey, Dewey and Louie were seen as eggs that haven't hatched yet.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
  • Similarly, baby Pichu is just Pichu, baby Squirtle is just Squirtle, baby R.O.B. is just R.O.B., and baby Pyra/Mythra are just Mythra.
Baby Rob would just be a toy not moving.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What exactly prompted that era to focus on baby/young versions of characters? I mean, some of them were good while others.......yeah, but like, what was it that made the media so focused on that?
They're the baby, gotta love them.
Baby Rob would just be a toy not moving.
Baby ROB's a barrel of oil that hasn't been turned into plastic yet and a lump of copper that hasn't been turned into wires yet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is the first time I prefer the PlayStation Allstars choice to Smash Bros. Kazuya is cool but Heihachi in PSAS was fun as ****. But that’s also likely because PSAS had 3 attack buttons so Heihachi’s moveset didn’t require awkward directional inputs.
I mean, Tsunami Kick and Spinning Demon are their literal inputs. I'm pretty sure his down back and up back too attacks are too.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So:
  • Cloud's victory fanfare loops.
  • Joker has no announcer, but has 3 looping victory themes and 3 unique backgrounds, including a Final Smash that transitions into the victory screen.
  • Sephiroth has a unique background, and a unique post-fanfare theme (usually it's Super Smash Bros.'s character select theme).
  • Kazuya has no victory fanfare, but has a unique announcer.
If unique victory screens like these were more common, what changes would you like to see to a character's victory screens? Said characters can be for a veteran, or a potential newcomer.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If unique victory screens like these were more common, what changes would you like to see to a character's victory screens? Said characters can be for a veteran, or a potential newcomer.
Change the Pokemon victory theme to one of the series' post-battle themes, including the loop.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So:
  • Joker has no announcer, but has 3 looping victory themes and 3 unique backgrounds, including a Final Smash that transitions into the victory screen.
  • Sephiroth has a unique background, and a unique post-fanfare theme (usually it's Super Smash Bros.'s character select theme).
Octoling: basically taken straight from Octo Expansion, 80’s TV filter and all, but with a Smash Ball Mem Cake. Also, if Octoling wins, “GAME!”/“VICTORY!” Etc is replaced by the “TEST PASSED!” overlay from OE with the Octoling girl or boy saying one of their Booyah! Lines.
LoL champion: if they have skins as alts, maybe a different personalized victory screen for each skin… ok that may actually be a bit much even for this game

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Octoling: basically taken straight from Octo Expansion, 80’s TV filter and all, but with a Smash Ball Mem Cake. Also, if Octoling wins, “GAME!”/“VICTORY!” Etc is replaced by the “TEST PASSED!” overlay from OE with the Octoling girl or boy saying one of their Booyah! Lines.
Oh that reminds me: Splatoon has a post-fanfare theme. Why is that not in the game?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So:
If Mortal kombat is in Smash, they should also get the Mortal kombat announcer like they did with Kazuya, and if he win under certain condition it could also say "Fatality" "Brutality" or "Flawless victory".

Technomage

Smash Champion
So:
Maybe Banjo-Kazooie's victories could involve Jiggy-shaped transitions, both at the beginning and the end (like when entering and exiting a level in the Banjo games)?

Also, maybe the Bowser side of the Mario characters could have Mario 64-style Bowser face-shaped transitions like those?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So:
  • Donkey Kong gets back his Melee victory theme.
  • Diddy Kong either keeps the Brawl victory theme or once in a while, gets a unique victory theme that has him with the boombox and sunglasses and playing his Level Clear music from DKC2.

Paraster

Smash Lord
So:
Honestly, I would like to give each fighter a unique fanfare. I'm actually working on a text document with ideas for these.
Don't really have any ideas beyond that.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly, I would like to give each fighter a unique fanfare. I'm actually working on a text document with ideas for these.
Don't really have any ideas beyond that.
It's still really weird to me that Ganondorf don't have his own theme. I think he's the only vilain without his own victory theme.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I kind of want that too to be honest. That and a post-fanfare theme so that not everyone has the character select theme (it gets a little grating).

The list thing sounds like fun. I think I'll try my hand at one too (whether or not I'll finish it is another matter).
EDIT: I ended up quitting pretty quickly. I'll probably return to the idea at some point though.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So:
Ryu/Ken: After their victory animation plays out, a text quote will display on screen much like in Street Fighter. Could have unique lines for every character but might be a bit much lol.

For newcomers:
Sol Badguy: If Sol wins with his Final Smash, "GAME!" will be replaced with "DESTROYED" and will transition into a unique victory animation.

Doom Slayer: The map clear transition from the original Doom games will occur with the Intermission theme from Doom 1 looping in the background.

Those are the most unique ones I could think of without just changing the victory themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom