• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Honestly, the only Capcom reps I'd be interested in as the last fighter are Chun-Li or especially Morrigan.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, first things first: RIP Dragonborn, Dante and Shantae.

Glad that the latter is a PreMiium, tho. Good to see it getting more recognition.

Good God, today was a bloodbath. I have no ******* clue who's last. By now, there's pretty much no one left from Bethesda and if we get someone from Capcom, I have trouble seeing anyone but Phoenix at this point.

As for Kazuya, I can't post in detail now, but I can't wait to lab all that crazy **** lol.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I've seen people saying that the last pick has to be major, and while I disagree, I'm curious about something.

Would a series that isn't massively requested, but comes with a lot of content be considered a good way of ending Ultimate? I remember seeing most complaints about Terry stopping after the ridiculous amount of content was shown off.

For Example, an SMT rep could come with music from loads of different spin-off series, and have loads of spirits/cameos. They could even include additional Tokyo Mirage Sessions content for FE and new Persona music, and actually reference P2 at all. Please Sakurai, I'm begging you, all I want is to beat up Nintendo characters while Maya's theme is playing:

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Saw this on Twitter. If you haven’t seen this list before: it was an unofficial poll done by someone asking people on Europe, USA, and Japan what their most wanted Ultimate DLC characters were.
Someone crossed off and check stuff off based on today’s news.
Shouldn’t Mon Hun be crossed out after the miis?

Technomage

Smash Champion
I've seen people saying that the last pick has to be major, and while I disagree, I'm curious about something.

Would a series that isn't massively requested, but comes with a lot of content be considered a good way of ending Ultimate? I remember seeing most complaints about Terry stopping after the ridiculous amount of content was shown off.

For Example, an SMT rep could come with music from loads of different spin-off series, and have loads of spirits/cameos. They could even include additional Tokyo Mirage Sessions content for FE and new Persona music, and actually reference P2 at all. Please Sakurai, all I'm begging you, all I want is to beat up Nintendo characters while Maya's theme is playing:

If the last character's an indie one, then it'd be a great candidate that'd come with a lot of content, since licensing fees for indies are real cheap (which can be seen by the fact that the three indie Mii costumes come with songs).

As for what indie I'd want, it'd be Freddy.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I still don't see how we're 5 fighters in and people still didn't get it after Min Min.
Anyone expecting an assist promotion at this point are setting themselves up for disappointment. Especially when there are hundreds of characters not yet in the game in any form that could be chosen.
God, this is the kind of behavior that gets to me.

Let me be clear that it's perfectly fine if you don't think assist promos are happening. It's a valid stance to take in a vacuum, and it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to say you shouldn't think they won't happen considering what I'm about to say.

Where I start having a problem with this is the circles we keep running in: you keep coming up with faulty and sometimes outright nonsensical reasoning as to why they Objectively Won't Happen, twist info we have into things that were never said or implied and push it as fact, and then plug your ears when people refute your points. All of this would already be pretty annoying, but then comes the fact that you keep painting anyone who doesn't think they're 100% out of the running as Naïve Delusional Fools Who Simply Do Not Get It (TM). It's astronomically insufferable and does nothing but make you come off as asses and make others less willing to listen to you.

Again, it's fine if you guys don't think assists are happening, but you don't have to stretch so hard to prove your point, and you have GOT to stop belittling anyone who thinks they can happen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

For Example, an SMT rep could come with music from loads of different spin-off series, and have loads of spirits/cameos. They could even include additional Tokyo Mirage Sessions content for FE and new Persona music, and actually reference P2 at all. Please Sakurai, I'm begging you, all I want is to beat up Nintendo characters while Maya's theme is playing:

additional TMS content
as long as Tsubasa isn’t the lone TMS spirit anymore I’ll be happy with this. Get some music too

I’d like to hear P3P and P5R music too

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

So it wasn’t directly spoken on by Sakurai, at least in the English version, but you can see the words PlayStation there. Neat!
So we have that, Sakurai taking about the Xbox in Banjos presentation, and him showing off the Neo Geo in Terry’s presentation.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

After Kazuya, I wouldn't count on a character coming with music from multiple series.

:ultminmin only came with ARMS content
:ultsteve: only came with Minecraft (albeit with its spin-offs) content
:ultsephiroth: only came with FF7 content, nothing from other games
:ultmythra: :ultpyra: only came with XC2 content, nothing from XCX

I think it's fair to say that Terry was an exception mostly because of how Fatal Fury evolved into a company-wide crossover game. If we get a mainline SMT character, they'll only reference other SMT games and maybe TMS, not Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, or Devil Survivor.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

So it wasn’t directly spoken on by Sakurai, at least in the English version, but you can see the words PlayStation there. Neat!
So we have that, Sakurai taking about the Xbox in Banjos presentation, and him showing off the Neo Geo in Terry’s presentation.
Sakurai constantly writes about how he owns consoles from other companies, did people really expect him to pretend that PlayStation doesn't exist?

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Pretty much all of my most wanted are from series that aren’t heavily requested so that would be optimal for me honestly.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Sakurai constantly writes about how he owns consoles from other companies, did people really expect him to pretend that PlayStation doesn't exist?
I wouldn’t say they think THAT. Not sure what they’d exactly though, either.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
About CP11 release date, well, Banjo-Kazooie was released 2 weeks earlier than Switch Lite launch, so it wouldn’t be strange to release CP11 very near switch “pro” launch (end september/early october) with the announcement of a 4k patch. Would be a good “one more thing...” to announced at last Sakurai presentation.

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
as long as Tsubasa isn’t the lone TMS spirit anymore I’ll be happy with this. Get some music too

I’d like to hear P3P and P5R music too
Time to hear "3 dots connect to rectangles", in loads of matches, since p3p's music's great.

Out of curiosity, have you heard much of the P1 or 2 (IS +EP) soundtracks? Other than the P1 remake they're different from the newer games, but still really good.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So like

How are people going to rationalize Shantae as a "Premium" Mii?

She doesn't have a mascot head, but she comes with a music track.

Gee, it's almost like this is a messy fan terminology.
I always saw it as coming with a song cuz you’d pay more to license the music track

I only consider miis like Vault Boy and Bomberman “detailed”

sans and Cuphead just so happen to fall into both camps

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So like

How are people going to rationalize Shantae as a "Premium" Mii?

She doesn't have a mascot head, but she comes with a music track.

Gee, it's almost like this is a messy fan terminology.
It meant "costume + music" but people associated it with the full helm that covers the Mii's head so people called Vault Boy a deluxe as well.

I don't entirely see the disdain for the term. It's not that egregious for it to mean either "full head covering helm" or "also comes with music" as much as the former definition makes the term "PreMiium" a bit misleading. But allegedly they all cost the same so it's misleading either way if true.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Sheesh we gotta wait till december for a pokemon fighter. I'm already getting dissapointed just thinking about it. /s

Preemptive salt is thy name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom