• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, yeah? The dude is a leaker, so if he can't leak right then there's no use for him. Also I don't buy that "possible" part, you don't show up out of nowhere days before E3 and claim two characters and then get a cop out "oh maybe he was talking about the character that's months away from reveal".

It's not like he's a great guy either. Dude's on the record using ableist insults so I've zero qualms about tossing him in the garbage if he ain't useful anymore.
That's my stance.

Verg doesn't get a free pass just because he's had good info. If he's wrong, he's wrong, and we should treat him exactly like any other leaker would be if they **** up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's my stance.

Verg doesn't get a free pass just because he's had good info. If he's wrong, he's wrong, and we should treat him exactly like any other leaker would be if they **** up.
Pretty much. He had good information at a time. He now lost credibility cause he screwed up.

Seems simple to me.

BTW, what did you think of my two theories some pages back to why he decided to leak this stuff?

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty much. He had good information at a time. He now lost credibility cause he screwed up.

Seems simple to me.

BTW, what did you think of my two theories some pages back to why he decided to leak this stuff?
I mean, I find 1 extremely unlikely tbh. Truth be told, Verg really did not give a damn about us and only enjoyed the free clout he received. As others have said, he wasn't above using ableist insults to sling at the Smash fanbase. There's also the fact that he went radio silent for a year and a half and was frankly not being bothered by anyone.

2 is possible, though honestly, I think it really is just as simple as something akin to a cash grab, but leak form. He saw ResetEra going nuts about Chief, he saw Imran's post and the Gamexplain video, stitched them both together and boom.

The most telling thing, to me at least, is look at how long Verg stuck around post-launch to defend his claims, he was there from 2018 to January 2020, constantly defending what he had heard and always weeding out fake info(Aside from Star Fox Grand Prix, which every leaker fell for tbh).

This time? Dude just up and left. He's not even trying to say "I am confident that Chief will be CP11 due to what my sources have told me.", he's just gone.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that generic movesets makes Miis more appropriate for a wider variety of characters

I know Miis are best known for the Wii series, but can we really picture Cuphead attacking with sports equipment or one of the Mega Man costumes throwing a Frisbee?
I mean we already have Shot Putt...

But that's beside my point. A move doesn't have to be super specific to be interesting. For example, I really like Airborne Assault. It looks cool and feels nice to use, but even so doesn't do anything that would be particularly specific to a character. It's just something you'd imagine a swordfighter to do. And then there's Gale Strike which is basically just Ike's Quick Draw and fulfills the same mechanical niche. What's the point?

I'm fine with the moves being generic, and I'm fine with the more obligatory moves for the Mii's archetype like Charge Blast, but other than that I'd prefer the Special Moves to not be super basic mechanically.

EDIT: I say that, but my example of a move I like is very basic mechanically. I guess it just depends on the move's game feel. If a move is ripped from another fighter it needs to be an interesting move or have a neat twist like Head-On Assault or Bomb Drop (or one of those "it would be weird if they didn't have this" kind of moves like Charge Blast). If it is brand new, it should also do something neat, and as far as I can remember, all of the original ones do...Hm. Maybe my issue is all the copycatting...

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I don't think they would include Ezio before a long standing request like Rayman tbh, even if the franchise does sell better it'd be kinda scummy

Bethesda may or may not have a chance in Dovahkiin, but tbh the same applies for every new company with content already in Smash and so far we haven't seen any in FP2. All in all it's fair to say Nintendo will play it safe and stick with the same companies from base game. As for who'll be next?
Both Resident Evil and Sonic seem to be back on track as the Sega/Capcom frontrunners.
They put in Piranha Plant over Waluigi & Captain Toad, which makes no sense whatsoever. Ezio over Rayman would have some logic behind it atleast.

I do think that there’s a good chance Ubisoft would push for Rayman first though. They’ve been trying with him since the Smash 4 days, they must think he “fits in” better or something. Nintendo would have to be particularly insistent about Assassin’s Creed specifically for that to happen first.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Gale Strike is one of my favorites cause it's the only way I can create wind-based characters effectively.

Honestly, I don't think it's about functions that makes 'em nice. I just like that they have enough variety you can make almost any character style you want. Sure, more abilities would be nice, but a limit makes sense. Not enough development time and all.

They put in Piranha Plant over Waluigi & Captain Toad, which makes no sense whatsoever. Ezio over Rayman would have some logic behind it atleast.

I do think that there’s a good chance Ubisoft would push for Rayman first though. They’ve been trying with him since the Smash 4 days, they must think he “fits in” better or something. Nintendo would have to be particularly insistent about Assassin’s Creed specifically for that to happen first.
...They didn't put it in over those. Sakurai wanted a non-hero and non-major character. At this point, Waluigi actually has had fairly big roles now even in the spin-offs. He's no longer actually minor as much as he could be. And even then, Captain Toad definitely had no chance to be the first DLC slot. That was a pretty specific reason. It wasn't just a "Super Mario" character.

The reasons I get people don't like, but it was fairly clear by now he wanted a pretty specific thing in this case. That, and PP was chosen still early enough that the base game was being developed. Waluigi was probably already an AT by then(2017) so was very unlikely to be re-considered. That left at most Captain Toad, who wouldn't fit the criteria of the particular slot he was going for. So, well, no, those guys weren't plausible in this case. PP is a special case, and nothing short of something of similar criteria would've legit got that particular slot. That's... honestly how development is. You make a plan, and if that character is chosen, you shouldn't expect anything that isn't nearly the same idea to have gotten in. It's the same situation as Echoes. You were only going to get another Echo in that spot. They had a particular plan. Who was in it depends upon the context, or who could be in it. Anyone with the same bodyshape, and either had fan requests or was easy enough to do/returning veterans(Chrom and Dark Samus had requests. It's not hard to see Daisy being highly requested. Ken is the OG Echo, and Dark Pit and Lucina are vets).

...Speaking of, I need to change something in an earlier post. Slight miscalculation.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I understand the appeal of Miis and why they're in the games they're in.
I'd just rather play a Mario character in a Mario sports game, y'know?
Oh, you mean outside Smash. Yeah, totally, I never play Miis in any of those other games.

What am I gonna NOT play as Black Shy Guy? Yeah right!

He got 97% of smash leaks right
Sure he did, chief.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Am I wrong to say we should've gotten BWD as a bonus fighter instead of the Plant?

And for that matter, I think the game should've been slightly delayed to Feb. 14th, 2019 (the release date for Plant's amiibo) to properly integrate that extra fighter into the base game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Am I wrong to say we should've gotten BWD as a bonus fighter instead of the Plant?

And for that matter, I think the game should've been slightly delayed to Feb. 14th, 2019 (the release date for Plant's amiibo) to properly integrate that extra fighter into the base game.
Delaying the game means losing out on the holiday season, No company would want to have their one big game of the year they spent most of their marketing on miss out on that. As for this millionth "What if we got something I want instead of what we got", it means Bandana Dee wouldn't have the perks of a challenger pack which is part of the appeal, see how every BDee fan wants more modern Kirby content and see BDee as a way to get that

D

Deleted member

So just want to ask everyone. Final prediction on the final character and why?

It's hard to predict who it is at this point but curious to hear your reason for it as well as to hopefully spark some more debate and speculation from this.
Someone from a recently released or upcoming game. So SMT V protag, Ayumi, or someone from a game we don’t know about yet. Monkey Ball would be funny though. Only reason being the only other DLC we’ve gotten ended like this with Corrin & Byleth. Probably wrong but at least there’s precedent.

SKX31

Smash Master
I use the Miis on occasion but they sorely need a moveset indicator on their HUD so that I don't have to go back to Mii Maker to check which moves they have.

I also just...don't buy the Mii Costumes so I don't particularly care which they show off unless it's something I didn't expect, but wanted (ex. I would care if they showed off an Amaterasu hat or something here, but not about anything Namco since I know they're disconfirmed).
That moveset indicator should also show up in the loading screen, whether online or offline. Having to find out whether the Brawler uses Shot Put or not is never a fun start to the match.

I mean we already have Shot Putt...

But that's beside my point. A move doesn't have to be super specific to be interesting. For example, I really like Airborne Assault. It looks cool and feels nice to use, but even so doesn't do anything that would be particularly specific to a character. It's just something you'd imagine a swordfighter to do. And then there's Gale Strike which is basically just Ike's Quick Draw and fulfills the same mechanical niche. What's the point?

I'm fine with the moves being generic, and I'm fine with the more obligatory moves for the Mii's archetype like Charge Blast, but other than that I'd prefer the Special Moves to not be super basic mechanically.

EDIT: I say that, but my example of a move I like is very basic mechanically. I guess it just depends on the move's game feel. If a move is ripped from another fighter it needs to be an interesting move or have a neat twist like Head-On Assault or Bomb Drop (or one of those "it would be weird if they didn't have this" kind of moves like Charge Blast). If it is brand new, it should also do something neat, and as far as I can remember, all of the original ones do...Hm. Maybe my issue is all the copycatting...
Sidenote: Think you're meaning Gale Stab as Swordfighter's Quick Draw equalient?

But yeah, I do think that generic moves can still be interesting if they work within the moveset as a coherent whole and / or aren't encouraging a very predictable or railroaded playstyle. While I've not been keen on Swordfighter's abudance of projectiles, the projectiles themselves aren't bad ideas:

• Yeah the Chakram's kinda similar to the Boomerang / Cross, but it can be thrown in two distances unlike the Boomerang / Cross, giving it some needed utility and ways to catch opponents off guard.
  • Shuriken of Light is pretty much an unchargeable version of Greninja's, but its damage scaling being based on range encourages the Swordfighter to toss it at a distance.
  • Gale Strike (the Tornado) not only covers a lot of ground but also deals set knockback, encouraging the Swordfighter to follow up with aerials or even Up B.

All three do have their uses and allow the Swordfighter to play a ranged game as well, which does help the character overall (like Link, which may be Swordfighter's main inspiration). Especially since Swordfigher's swings are not as fast as say Marth's / Cloud's.

It's hard to predict who it is at this point but curious to hear your reason for it as well as to hopefully spark some more debate and speculation from this.
Not confident in any predictions - especially not after Kazuya, which means one of Arle / Adol (my previous predictions) likely won't make it - but I'm going with Adol by a hair over Arle. I'm personally a bit more confident with Capcom / Ubisoft characters now, but both those corps have quite a few choices (Dante / Phoenix / Amaterasu etc. for Capcom, Rayman / Ezio / Prince of Persia for Ubisoft) so it's very difficult to say regarding those corps.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice

Idk why but I'm definitely feeling the SMTV rep too, but the only problem is for me is how Sakurai would diversify him from Joker. I also feel Arle Nadja might have a chance because this pass has a theme of "pushing the limits or expectatons" per say. Min-Min & Steve are both known for their difficulty to insert in to the game. Some people say Sephiroth's sword would be too long and he's be broken. You can't have Pyra without Rex. And a Tekken charcter would be too hard to implement into Smash. I could see Arle furthering this with her magic spells and Puyo Puyo mechanics. But just about any video game character is fair game.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It'd be interesting if each Mii Fighter had more options for customization. Not just more moves like sets of aerials, smashes, tilts but even things like setting the sword fighter's sword strength. Picking between balanced (ie Lucina, Link), the tip (Marth) or the hilt (Roy). Gunners could pick between their ranged non-specials (like up-air, f-smash) being equally balanced, having more range, more strength or lingering longer at the cost of the other two attributes. Brawlers could enable certain Fighter-character traits like facing their opponent as well an extra mechanic (Hidden Moves, a Special Meter with a unique move or a comeback mechanic).

As for the final rep, I'm going off what a friend said and assuming it's Master Chief. Won't expand on this but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

Plant is first party though, if they wanted Waluigi to happen they absolutely could
Rayman indeed fits more and has actually gotten content before Assassins' Creed which is a huge sign

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They put in Piranha Plant over Waluigi & Captain Toad, which makes no sense whatsoever.
Unlike Waluigi, Piranha Plant is more important being one of Mario's most iconic enemies from mainline Mario games. Whereas Waluigi is nothing but a spin-off character from Mario sports games.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
As for this millionth "What if we got something I want instead of what we got", it means Bandana Dee wouldn't have the perks of a challenger pack which is part of the appeal, see how every BDee fan wants more modern Kirby content and see BDee as a way to get that
Then...why not have all that in the base game in the first place?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Sgt. Cortez not only because I'm such a big fan of TimeSplitters and Smash Bros but the timing of the TimeSplitter IP being acquired by Embracer Group (The parent company of THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Deep Silver, etc.), Steve Ellis and David Doak being hired back to work on the new project as well as new game announced to being in production, all within the time span of both Fighter Pass 1 & 2 is really bringing my hopes up. This is the best chance that Sgt. Cortez has ever had of getting into Smash Bros and the best part is, the series is a spiritual successor to Goldeneye so we could finally have a sort of James Bond in the game but not really.

Time to Split!

I'm ready to go compressed.gif

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Plant is first party though, if they wanted Waluigi to happen they absolutely could
Rayman indeed fits more and has actually gotten content before Assassins' Creed which is a huge sign
The thing that dooms Rayman in comparison, imo, is that Nintendo is picking the DLC. Assassin's Creed has a cult following in Japan that Ubisoft has been trying to grow further recently. Meanwhile, Rayman Legends bombed incredibly badly in Japan with Nintendo publishing it there, no less. So I don't see a reason the suits at Nintendo Japan would pick Rayman when, in their eyes, they may see him as a failure, as opposed to a series which is generally bigger and more popular worldwide.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
It's still insane that we have 17 third party characters in Ultimate when, for base Smash 4, more than 3 third parties in the base game seemed like a lot.
Yeah, there's absolutely no fighting game that comes close for guest appearances. Even if you account for the fact that including guests on the base roster is super rare for other franchises, 7 (possibly 8) third parties as DLC still beats out everyone else on its own.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

My pick is Dante - not sure if that's bias or optimism on my part, but I do have reasons for it.

I'm guessing it's going to be an adult/teen human character, since DLC tends to lean that way. (not counting veterans, there's :4ryu::4cloud::4corrinf::4bayonetta::ultjoker::ulthero::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultsephiroth::ultpyra::ultkazuya: - I assume it's because it's easier to use other characters as a base) There aren't any recent/upcoming Nintendo games with humanoid protagonists that could be promoted through that spot (there's Metroid Dread, but I'm not sure if they'd add the EMMI robots as full-fledged characters), and while they could announce something new (like a Xenoblade Chronicles X remake) and put in a character from that (they did it with a Japan Direct that showed a Xenoblade Chronicles 1 remake for the 3DS and followed it up with Shulk in Smash), I have my doubts that they'd do that.

I made a list of characters that I thought were plausible earlier, and out of those, the adult human ones were Elma, Sol Badguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, Phoenix Wright, Morrigan Aensland, and maybe Ezio. (I have my doubts that they'll double-dip on third party companies that are already in this Fighters Pass, so I don't think we'll be finishing up with a Namco-Bandai, Microsoft, or Square-Enix character)

-I'm not sure if they'd have two Xenoblade characters so close together; I don't know if they'd want to risk making it feel over-exposed like Fire Emblem

-Ryu Hayabusa doesn't seem likely, given how a bunch of interviews surrounding the Ninja Gaiden collection for Switch have gone.

-Phoenix Wright would require them to make up a completely new playstyle for the character; his home series has no combat (since it's a game about lawyers, it's largely debate) and his Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 playstyle doesn't seem like it would work well in Smash. (it relies on gathering randomly-generated evidence until you get enough good evidence to enter a super mode - it doesn't seem like it would be fun to play against in Smash's larger stages, since it would turn into keep-away, and it doesn't seem like it would be fun to play, since it relies entirely on randomness for him to be useful) I could see the development team appreciating the challenge, but given how tight the timing seems to be on DLC characters, I'm not sure if they'd include him (DLC characters tend to be relatively straightforward when it comes to making the transition from their source material to Smash, unlike Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, ROB, etc. - even Steve, who required a lot of work to make, is largely based on what he can do in Minecraft)

-I'm not super familiar with Ezio; maybe they could include him, but I'm not sure how well he'd represent Ubisoft as a company

-while I could see Sakurai/the developers wanting to be the ones responsible for bringing Darkstalkers back into the public eye and possibly raising interest for a revival, and lovingly crafting a stage, spirits, etc. to pay tribute to the series' history, I have my doubts that Capcom would agree to including Morrigan over a series that they're more likely to profit off of, such as Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil, or Devil May Cry

-I could potentially see this going either way between Dante and Sol Badguy - on one hand, maybe the developers would want to cover a wider variety of genres, but on the other hand, they've had no problems with including several RPG characters back to back, so maybe they would have no issue with including two fighting game characters back-to-back

I don't see the same sort of issues with Dante - they're already working with the company that makes his games, it's an active franchise that I could see them wanting to promote, Capcom's the only returning third party company without a unique newcomer in Ultimate (though maybe they're fine with Ken and the two veterans), and his moveset writes itself. My main concern is that a bunch of DLC characters already have elements of his gameplay in their moveset (:ultjoker: = Rain Storm, :ultpyra: = Round Trip, possibly :ultkazuya: with Devil Trigger, arguably :ultminmin with Weapon Switching), but I'm not sure if that's a plus, a minus, or something neutral. (since Dante has more than enough material to work with even without those)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

if Off the Hook are our last characters (as they’re a duo) we’d have our first pop stars in Smash

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

It started with Splatoon so why not end with it? Feelin either Octoling or Off the Hook

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The thing that dooms Rayman in comparison, imo, is that Nintendo is picking the DLC. Assassin's Creed has a cult following in Japan that Ubisoft has been trying to grow further recently. Meanwhile, Rayman Legends bombed incredibly badly in Japan with Nintendo publishing it there, no less. So I don't see a reason the suits at Nintendo Japan would pick Rayman when, in their eyes, they may see him as a failure, as opposed to a series which is generally bigger and more popular worldwide.
Yes, I see Rayman as unlikely because of his series being a massive failure in Japan, Nintendo's home market mind you.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

I’m gonna wait until we see Kazuya’s Miis. I could get BTFO with this, but it seems like a character being a Mii is a death sentence since we got :ultminmin :ultpyra: :ultkazuya: over Spring-Man, Rex & Heihachi.

Someone from a recently released or upcoming game. So SMT V protag, Ayumi, or someone from a game we don’t know about yet. Monkey Ball would be funny though. Only reason being the only other DLC we’ve gotten ended like this with Corrin & Byleth. Probably wrong but at least there’s precedent.
Ugh, I hope it’s not the SMTV protagonist. I’m really looking forward to that game & I’m probably going to buy it day one. It looks really good.

But the final character in Smash Ultimate being someone we haven’t “meet” yet, would be a terrible way to end this game. This would be worse than Corrin since Fates was atleast out for a couple months in Japan before they were announced.

The best route for SMT is Demi-Fiend or the SMTIV protagonist but with hella SMTV Miis, spirits & music. You’re still shilling SMT but not as awfully as you could lmao. Bonus points for SMT3 remaster shilling too.

Unlike Waluigi, Piranha Plant is more important being one of Mario's most iconic enemies from mainline Mario games. Whereas Waluigi is nothing but a spin-off character from Mario sports games.
Yeah & Assassin’s Creed is far more important than Rayman. Which helps prove my point. 🤷

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
-Phoenix Wright would require them to make up a completely new playstyle for the character; his home series has no combat (since it's a game about lawyers, it's largely debate) and his Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 playstyle doesn't seem like it would work well in Smash. (it relies on gathering randomly-generated evidence until you get enough good evidence to enter a super mode - it doesn't seem like it would be fun to play against in Smash's larger stages, since it would turn into keep-away, and it doesn't seem like it would be fun to play, since it relies entirely on randomness for him to be useful) I could see the development team appreciating the challenge, but given how tight the timing seems to be on DLC characters, I'm not sure if they'd include him
I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure if the last sentence about the DLC timing is really correct. Assuming that Kazuya's development is pretty much finished by now, and assuming that the last fighter will release around september or october, this means that Sakurai can put the whole team on that single last fighter for 3-4 months (and that's assuming that development of the last fighter haven't started yet) (Yeah that's a lot of assumption). But my point is that if he want to do a more complex fighter for the last spot, now is really the time. They have nothing else to develop: no game modes, (probably) no fighter pass 3. All of his energy is now on this last fighter. If he can pull Kazuya, who he thought back in Smash 4 that Tekken would be impossible in Smash, I'm sure he can give a more complex moveset to Phoenix Wright.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but it seems like a character being a Mii is a death sentence since we got :ultminmin :ultpyra: :ultkazuya: over Spring-Man, Rex & Heihachi.
Seems like they all had different reasons for getting in than Miis/an AT.
  • Min Min has a different set of abilities and default ARMS than Spring Man, which Sakurai might've found more interesting
  • Pyra without Rex doesn't have to worry about lagging the Switch in 8-player matches
  • Tekken 7 lets Kazuya turn into his devil form during matches

Technomage

Smash Champion
Sgt. Cortez not only because I'm such a big fan of TimeSplitters and Smash Bros but the timing of the TimeSplitter IP being acquired by Embracer Group (The parent company of THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Deep Silver, etc.), Steve Ellis and David Doak being hired back to work on the new project as well as new game announced to being in production, all within the time span of both Fighter Pass 1 & 2 is really bringing my hopes up. This is the best chance that Sgt. Cortez has ever had of getting into Smash Bros and the best part is, the series is a spiritual successor to Goldeneye so we could finally have a sort of James Bond in the game but not really.

Time to Split!

View attachment 320030
If Smash were to have another ballot, how many people would be voting for Cortez due to the meme status you caused him to achieve?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Seems like they all had different reasons for getting in than Miis/an AT.
  • Min Min has a different set of abilities and default ARMS than Spring Man, which Sakurai might've found more interesting
  • Pyra without Rex doesn't have to worry about lagging the Switch in 8-player matches
  • Tekken 7 lets Kazuya turn into his devil form during matches
It's been confirmed that Min Min was only chosen because the producer of ARMS, Kosuke Yabuki, wanted her to be ARMS's rep in Smash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Any of my most wanted because I just want to be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom