• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The Zerg are a race of insect like aliens that are all controlled by a hive mind. They can infest humans and basically make them drones that they can control. Kerrigan was essentially a space marine that was abandoned during a mission by her superior officer and was infested by these Zerg. Kerrigan then basically became a human insect hybrid hell bent on getting revenge on the military that left her behind.

Here is an example of the most iconic Zerg unit called a Hydralisk to give you a sense of what they look like.

View attachment 319575
I can't tell if Orga's been hitting the gym, the couch, or the steroid cabinet

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Smash fans wants FGC to acknowledge Smash as a fighting game.
Smash fans also don't want to acknowledge other fighting games.
As much as the people unironically saying "Hat Ken" irked me, this comment always struck me as disingenuous tbh.

Smash's casual part of the fanbase is way bigger than hardcore speculators or competitive players. So chances are these two groups aren't actually one and the same. The latter is far more likely to be part of the "silent majority" who plays casually than the "niche" hardcore community, if the competitive player reactions to Terry and now Kazuya are any indication.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I knew about Tekken before I even really played fighting games. And I'm not that old, I'm eighteen!
But I can tolerate people not knowing who Kazuya is. I cannot tolerate him being called a shoto. Anyone that calls him a shoto needs to go directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, assuming they do drop a September Direct.

Gonna throw out a cursed thought.

The Direct DOESN'T announce the character, but they announce a "Mr.Sakurai Presents" slated for a later date. Could you imagine everyone getting excited for the Direct with supposedly the final character, only for it to end up being an announcement of an announcement?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yep, that's the one lol

I suggested that one mostly because of it's significance and well, because it's literally called Zero Stage. The level design of that stage wasn't the best, at least at the beginning, but I think speaking in terms of aesthetic and all, it looks very cool and could be a dope stage for Smash.

Those laser beams at the beginning of the level and the other threats of the whole stage could work as a fine stage hazards, I guess.
Ah. I had very quickly decided it wasn't worth going though, especially since the boss is that awful boss design that refuses to die.

Would be funny if both Mega Man stages had the general consensus of "it's good until the Yellow Devil shows up". lol

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Nice! I might as well share my Sims moveset idea to whoever's morbidly curious. Now with fixed formatting! I really wish the post button wasn't next to preview lol.

The Sims Moveset Idea:
The Sims as a series:
semi-real people doing real-world things with a bit of oddness thrown in. That’s how the Sims should fight.

Bella Moves In!
Mortimer Reads the Opponents!

Dina Doesn’t Simmer Down!
Don Wants to Smash!

Cycl0n3 Plays with Battl3!
Morgana Joins the Family!

Bob Cooks Up a Fight!
Eliza Gets to Fight!

Alts are 2 pre-made Sims from each main game

The Sims 1
Bella Goth
Mortimer Goth

The Sims 2
Dina Caliente
Don Lothario

The Sims 3
Cycl0n3 Sw0rd
Morgana Wolff

The Sims 4
Bob Pancakes
Eliza Pancakes

Series Symbol
Plumbob

They have the iconic green Plumbob over their head at all times. It gets more red the more damage they take.

Idle Pose
Standing upright. A determined, but pretty relaxed idle.

Stage Entrance
The Sim is dropped by an Alien beam and you see it fly off in the background.

Special Attacks
Neutral: Fire Extinguisher: Pushes opponents and can be aimed like Bowser’s fire.
Side: Fight!: command grab that becomes a mashing competition in a dust cloud.
Up: Fishing Rod: Aimed like a tether recovery in the air but also similar to Isabelle's Fishing Rod on the ground.
Down: Change Spin: Reflects projectiles.

Normal Attacks
Neutral: Boxing Gloves Jab
Side: Slap ‘Em Silly: like Peach’s but, less damage, faster, and with two more hits
Up: Air Horn
Down: Mop sweep

Dash Attack
Tripping (Like Dr. Wright and in Sims 3) / Shoving (Like in Sims 2)

Smash Attacks
Side: Trashcan Kick / Fire Extinguisher Smack
Up: Fireworks
Down: Cow Plant

Final Smash
Supernatural Encounter
: the sim summons a UFO that ends up taking the opponent to Magic Town. There, everything from Vampires, Ghosts, Witches, Wizards, Werewolves, Fairies, Skeletons, and Mummies quickly swarm the opponent dealing damage in a big cloud of dust. The Grim Reaper then quickly finishes it all off with one swipe of his scythe that instantly KOs at 100%.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral: Air Spin
Forward: Frying Pan
Back: Kitchen Knife
Up: Spatula
Down: Monkey Wrench

Grabs and Throws: Grabs with one hand
Pummel: Uses second hand to shock with hand buzzer
Forward: Pillow Smack
Back: Spinning throw from GBA Sims
Up: Baby Toss Animation
Down: Gnome Smash that buries

Taunts
  • Selfie
  • Waving while saying “Sul Sul”
  • Thinking with a random thought bubble
Victory Poses
  • Celebrating with confetti
  • Beating the Grim Reaper at Chess
  • Petting the Cowplant

Stage
Old Town: Could be a traveling stage like Wuhu Island with other Pre-Made Sims (Landgraabs, Specter, Altos, etc.) as well as more unique ones (Tragic Clown, Mystery Man, Animals, Burglar, and etc.) appearing in the background

Music
The Sims:

Main Theme
Under Construction
Mall Rat
BoSIM Nova
SIM Nights (New Remix)

The Sims 2:

The Sims 2 Theme
Simsation

The Sims 3:
The Sims Theme
Identity Check (New Remix)

The Sims 4:

It’s The Sims
Here Comes the Autumn (New Remix)
December

Extra Music

Urbz Sims in the City:
Pop One
Ze Fron

SimCity (SNES):
Dr. Wright (New Remix)

SimCity 3000:

SimCity 3000 Theme
Sim Broadway

SimCity 4:
Rush Hour
Street Sweeper

SimCity 2013:
SimCity Theme
Disaster!

Bonus:
Another World
Mayzie Grobe
Sims Rock Legacy Medley

Classic Mode: Bustin' Out!
  1. Isabelle and Duck Hunt - Pets
  2. Joker - Burglar
  3. ROB - Servo, Plumbots, and Simbots
  4. Mewtwo - Aliens
  5. Piranha Plant - Cow Plant
  6. Ganondorf - The Grim Reaper
  7. Master Hand - The Sims fighting the Watcher (aka the player) from “The Sims Medieval”
I'm pretty sure including SNES SimCity music but not adding the Megalopolis theme in the process counts as blasphemy

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

The Direct DOESN'T announce the character, but they announce a "Mr.Sakurai Presents" slated for a later date. Could you imagine everyone getting excited for the Direct with supposedly the final character, only for it to end up being an announcement of an announcement?
I could see that happening, Byleth's reveal was during a presentation after all
not trying to doompost or anything but I'd lower my expectations if that were the case

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
There's normally a 3-4 month gap between character reveals.
I swear this is like the third character you've said this about

If there's a Nintendo Direct, chances seem minute that a reveal won't be part of it.
We've never gone a September without a Direct.

Even 2020 gave us the Mario 35th one.

September Direct is like, the safest prediction in the world, because that's when Nintendo starts talking about their holiday lineup more in-depth.
I see. I didn't realize September directs were that consistent.

If we can be reasonably certain that we'll get a direct in September with a Smash announcement included, then I feel a 1st party character or a smaller caliber 3rd party character is very likely.

The only time this didn't happen was with Cloud, so I think it's still possible we'll get a high caliber reveal, but it's hard for me to bank on it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well the question I have to ask is do you think CP11 will be more Low-Key than Kazuya, or more High Key than Kazuya?
GoodQuestion.jpg

Good question. I've hit that point where I'm just gonna say anything goes. Maybe they're smaller and Nintendo felt they wouldn't make as much of an impact at E3, maybe they're big and Nintendo thinks any final Smash presentation would get tons of attention, maybe they're somewhere in-between and Nintendo just doesn't want to blow everything on E3 while COVID's still around. I'm open to just about anyone at this point.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I have some ideas about CP11

If it's someone that will resolve in mass backlash, and assuming Pass 2 is it, I will predict EITHER standalone direct for the fighter in between mid-August and late September, or revealed in the very beginning of a general September Nintendo Direct.

If it's someone on a scale of Bayonetta, I will only predict a standalone direct, within the same time frame as previously mentioned.

And if it's someone that will receive overwhelming positivity, I will say a standalone direct will happen for sure.

And for a few other things...
Assuming Martin's color theory is actually true..
I can think of the following fighters..
Chief
Doomguy
Decidueye
Rash from Battletoads
CJ or Franklin from GTA (did some thinking, they both fit green, and the SLIGHT chance that Ultimate actually ends on a banger is still possible)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Metroid Dread boxart.

Pretty crazy to see Nintendo position Metroid as a big holiday game, changing their pfp and all. Seemingly the big holiday game for the hardcore demographic. I mean there's Pokemon, but that's everyone. I'm more used to seeing them pretend to forget what Metroid is.

I don't have any illusions that it's largely a result of "bigger" games being moved into 2022, but hey, I'll take what I can get. If the end result is Metroid gets more of the spotlight, I'm not complaining.

This will probably end up being the best selling Metroid game to date.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There's a chance that the final reveal will be its own thing like with Corrin and Bayonetta. Granted that was two reveals, but they might do the reveal and Sakurai Presents at the same time like with Byleth alongside a "thanks for playing" message.
That’s exactly why I think they went with one reveal this time at E3…

what if the final presentation does reveal the rumored bonus character in addition tho, it’d have to be an individual like PP

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Pretty crazy to see Nintendo position Metroid as a big holiday game, changing their pfp and all. Seemingly the big holiday game for the hardcore demographic. I mean there's Pokemon, but that's everyone. I'm more used to seeing them pretend to forget what Metroid is.

I don't have any illusions that it's largely a result of "bigger" games being moved into 2022, but hey, I'll take what I can get. If the end result is Metroid gets more of the spotlight, I'm not complaining.

This will probably end up being the best selling Metroid game to date.
It's a nice change of pace to see normally ignored franchises get the spotlight.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Since there was some brief talks about the Chozo, their inclusion would make these artworks very prophetic.
I mean, I think I was the only one who mentioned them when we were discussing the EMMI. And mostly because I'm quite interested in who the Chozo that appeared in the Dread trailer is. The Chozo are frickin' important in Metroid lore and with what looks like a live Chozo finally appearing in Metroid Dread, I really want to see what they will do and if they bring any moveset potential.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Can I just say I love Samus' new suit

Hope in the next Smash it either becomes her new default, or at least has a palate swap based on it
Personally I'm not a fan of the muluticolored varia suits, and prefer a solid color (I also thought the Fusion suit was kinda ugly) but yeah I'm always down for more accurate palate swaps for characters. Though really I hope we get full character costumes for every character in the next Smash.

View attachment 319609
Good question. I've hit that point where I'm just gonna say anything goes. Maybe they're smaller and Nintendo felt they wouldn't make as much of an impact at E3, maybe they're big and Nintendo thinks any final Smash presentation would get tons of attention, maybe they're somewhere in-between and Nintendo just doesn't want to blow everything on E3 while COVID's still around. I'm open to just about anyone at this point.
It's impossible to know, but my gut feeling tells me they're gonna end with some huge crowd pleaser. If I were a betting man my money would be on Sora, Chosen Undead, or Master Chief.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Can I just say I love Samus' new suit

Hope in the next Smash it either becomes her new default, or at least has a palate swap based on it
In an ideal world we'd have a Smash that goes crazy with characters alts and doesn't just entirely rely on giving characters different colors.

And as such we could see a Samus that has various different suit designs as alts. Classic, Prime, Prime 3, Gravity, Fusion, Other M, Dread, whatever.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That’s exactly why I think they went with one reveal this time at E3…

what if the final presentation does reveal the rumored bonus character in addition tho, it’d have to be an individual like PP
You guys still believe in the bonus character? I feel like they made it pretty clear that there would be no characters after Kazuya and the one after that.

Pillow

Smash Lord
In an ideal world we'd have a Smash that goes crazy with characters alts and doesn't just entirely really on giving characters different colors.

And as such we could see a Samus that has various different suit designs as alts. Classic, Prime, Prime 3, Gravity, Fusion, Other M, Dread, whatever.
So many potential great ones too. Like I'll take all the Mario Golf outfits as alts please. And wedding Bowser. Daddy Ganon. Bearded Ryu. JRPG swimsuits. Sakurai please.

You guys still believe in the bonus character? I feel like they made it pretty clear that there would be no characters after Kazuya and the one after that.
Never really thought we'd get one. I feel like it would be more than just one if there were extra non pass DLC characters after FP2, but I think E3 was the time to announce it if that did happen, and we didn't get an announcement so...

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
In an ideal world we'd have a Smash that goes crazy with characters alts and doesn't just entirely really on giving characters different colors.

I mean surely they’re gonna do paid dlc skins right? I don’t see why not...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The eshop thing could be a clerical error sure, but until we know what it is, it could be anything

wouldn’t be a good idea to dismiss it outright just yet

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hear me out y'all

Heihachi's Mii costume back back with Min Min a year ago and everyone said "Ok, no Tekken rep"

Resident Evil got a spirit event in November 2019 which is odd for a series THAT big. It sold around 110 million units.

What if negotiations for a RE rep worked out last minute? Hence "One more fighter than last time!"?

Pillow

Smash Lord
I mean surely they’re gonna do paid dlc skins right? I don’t see why not...
It's like you've never played a Nintendo game before. For a multi-million dollar company that bleeds its fans with nostalgic franchises every year, they really hate making free money.

Hear me out y'all

Heihachi's Mii costume back back with Min Min a year ago and everyone said "Ok, no Tekken rep"

Resident Evil got a spirit event in November 2019 which is odd for a series THAT big. It sold around 110 million units.

What if negotiations for a RE rep worked out last minute? Hence "One more fighter than last time!"?
Capcom seems very much back on the table honestly. Perhaps just not MonHun. I could definitely see Jill/Leon or Phoenix as the last character....though is it weird that I'm down on Phoenix's chances still mostly because he has the same ****ing hair as Kazuya?

Last edited:

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
Hear me out y'all

I wanna believe in this so bad, but if Capcom does get the last spot and it’s either Phoenix Wright or Dante, I’ll still be excited.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Hear me out y'all

My assumption has started to become that the extra challenger pack addition either means nothing in particular (Most likely) or that character was who we originally were gonna see at the end of the first Fighters Pass 1 but it got pushed back when they decided to make more fighters. Resident Evil always seemed like a solid pick for that to me if GTA was passed over as the gunner fighter. Just wish GTA got that spirit event instead then.

I actually prefer this outcome.

I always know not to be 100% about something related to Smash Speculation, but if the last fighter is said to show up in a direct, I'm 99.99% sure that it won't be even close to a big deal. It's been a long time since a direct revealed a non-divisive character. I think that if this direct only announces when Challenger Pack 11 will be revealed, there's a higher chance for it to be a bigger deal. Worth mentioning that if we do end up getting that bonus content, which I'm still on the fence about, there's a higher chance that Challenger Pack 11 will be underwhelming and that bonus content is there to almost soften the blow many will feel. At this point, we're just gonna have to wait. At this point, I'd rather wait longer for a more exciting finale (which might not happen either way).

Hey

Resident Evil gets in Smash

Another non-main character

Another-villain

View attachment 319611

.....Nah, there's probably a little too much body horror for an E+10.
How would you even go about censoring this thing? We do have Andross' brain as a spirit though, Kazuya is all scratched up, and Ridley and Dahrkon look pretty demonic but this definitely looks too meaty...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is why we need the Switch Pro.
After this E3, I don't think the Switch Pro will happen. Like....I can't imagine the Switch Pro happening within 5 years of it's life cycle, especially when we're close to a new Nintendo console, since the Wii came out in 2006, the Wii U came out in 2012 and the Switch came out in 2017.

Or is this assuming the Switch Pro will be a new console? Cause...I mean, considering how much Wii U backfired on Nintendo for confusing people on the difference between it and the Wii, I can't see the new console being "Nintendo Switch Pro" or something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom