• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay, here's a question: If a new series were to be added by the last DLCs, what would their series emblems be?
If League of Legends, the L symbol for the PC version’s program
If TWEWY, the Skull Pin insignia
If Xenosaga, the Vector Industries insignia
If Touhou, a simple yin-yang orb
About as high as Mother 3 being localized.
Watch as Mother 3 DOES get localized sometime this year…

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
People seem to not realize that's exactly how it's been turning out so far.
Not quite as much as people think, honestly.

Especially in regards to E3 - historically this is the event where the characters people are discussing actually show up. Mega Man, Miis / Palutena / Pac-Man, Ridley, Hero / Banjo… DLC has of course been full of ups and downs, but the E3 lineups have been pretty consistently “on people’s radars”. At least like, one character per batch.

Not to mention out last character was… Pyra. I mean, yeah I know Rex wasn’t there - due to technical limitations apparently, so people were on the right track anyway - but we’ve been talking about Xenoblade 2 since the beginning. Some characters like Byleth and Steve also saw a good amount of discussion, the timing was just a bit off. There’s a pretty even mix of surprises and “yeah that makes sense”.

Of course, we could get literally ANYTHING on Tuesday and I think everyone should keep an open mind. But I’m honestly starting to grow weary of the whole “we haven’t been able to predict anything” deal that a lot of people like to back because that isn’t actually true.

Let alone the presumption of some people saying it’d be a character that apparently nobody ever even thought of - at this point, after Joker / Terry / Sephiroth, I think we’ve at least touched upon nearly everyone.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, here's a question: If a new series were to be added by the last DLCs, what would their series emblems be?
Sora: Kingdom Heartss Heart symbol or Crown Symbol
Crash: Aku Aku or Wumpa Fruit
2B: That ****ing mask. You know which one.
Neku: Reaper's Game player pin icon
Tales of: Save data book logo
Yuri Lowell : Vesperia Guild symbol
Sorey : Shepherd's symbol
Cress: Tales of anniversary Logo
SMT: Jack Frost
DoomGuy/Slayer: I have no idea actually
Master Chief: The O from the Halo Logo

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still dont get why people are banking on a double reveal
Because E3, historically, has had multiple reveals, there are only two characters left, and one of Sakurai's columns said things are coming to an end "soon" which is open to interpretation.

I think we'll only get one character but it's absolutely easy to see why folks think they'll finish the pass here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, they did it before with hero and banjo in e3, so maybe they're basing on that?
Thing is this is ALSO the end of DLC according to Sakurai, and they seldom end a cycle of something at E3 without at least giving a hook for a new beginning of some sort

thing is I don’t see another pass being announced, MAYBE one more individual DLC at a much later date, and idk if they’d tease the next smash/an expanded version of Ultimate this soon (as much as I lowkey want it)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don’t really get acting high and mighty about the number of characters we’ll get. Expecting two characters isn’t all that more ridiculous than expecting one - both go against some degree of “logic” based on patterns and assumptions.

We always get more than one reveal at E3, but we’ve never been in the position where it could all finish at E3 either. It makes sense to stretch out the “hype” so to speak, but Nintendo is hardly above baffling business decisions and two reveals could cushion a hypothetically light showing at E3 (and I mean, it’s just delaying the inevitable).

I can’t bring myself to feel too strongly about it one way or the other, in less than two days it won’t even matter what I think.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know regarding gimmicks I don’t think anyone has discussed a character with a “stacking” gimmick before

like buff stacking, ability stacking

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think the last character will release September (early October at the latest but the Sakurai Presents very much in September) so the question is just whether they’ll pull a Hero/Banjo or they’ll announce the last character in a September Direct.
But I don’t think the pass needs much “stretching” like people say when they give a ballpark of September - November for CP11

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If Pokemon taught me one thing; if something has not a 100% chance of happening, then it's 50/50 at the end of the day.
So I see a double reveal or a single reveal as likely as the other. Both sides really have a good reason to believe what they believe.
Every day I change my mind about this. Yesterday, I was banking on a double reveal, today, only one.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
You know regarding gimmicks I don’t think anyone has discussed a character with a “stacking” gimmick before

like buff stacking, ability stacking
Buff stacking has Hero's Command Select. You can stack Oomph, Psych Up and Acceleratle together to make Hero a character who can hit harder than Ganon while faster than Sonic for 15 seconds,.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Buff stacking has Hero's Command Select. You can stack Oomph, Psych Up and Acceleratle together to make Hero a character who can hit harder than Ganon while faster than Sonic for 15 seconds,.
Oomph, Psych up, Acceleratle, and Bounce.
A character that does 20% out of a 3hit jab, hit as hard as Ganon, Faster than Sonic and unable to be hit by projectile, while also having three Killing move projectile of his own.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I just found this in the Rayman thread
It might be wise to stay off of twitter if you don't want spoilers in that case (and also to not look up PracticalBrush12 on Reddit).
Oh snap bois it’s happening TODAY

CureParfait

Smash Ace
So with less then 56 hours to go, what are everyone's final prediction regarding the next smash fighter(s), if we're getting one reveal or a double and why.
Character probably Reimu or Pokemon because I expect a not commonly talked about character popping up. Getting a single reveal since I don't imagine a double reveal happening unless they state they are going to do a Fighter's Pass 3.

I imagine:
MapleStory- A maple leaf
Dungeon Fighter- A gear

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
IIRC all Smash news at E3 had more than one reveal or news related thing going on there, even if they keep it off the direct. Smash 4 reveal with Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Megaman as well as another Smash 4 E3 with Palutena headlining it but also the Miis and pac-Man.

Smash Ultimate with Inkling, Daisy, and Ridley for 2018. Then Hero and Banjo.

It's a pattern that we seem to get more than one thing revealed that is Smash related when it is there. It may change but it does show there is precedence before. For all we know they could count something like "Smash tournament" or something smaller as the second info drop for E3 this year alongside the character but who knows.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
IIRC all Smash news at E3 had more than one reveal or news related thing going on there, even if they keep it off the direct. Smash 4 reveal with Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Megaman as well as another Smash 4 E3 with Palutena headlining it but also the Miis and pac-Man.

Smash Ultimate with Inkling, Daisy, and Ridley for 2018. Then Hero and Banjo.

It's a pattern that we seem to get more than one thing revealed that is Smash related when it is there. It may change but it does show there is precedence before. For all we know they could count something like "Smash tournament" or something smaller as the second info drop for E3 this year alongside the character but who knows.
Don't forget Roy and Ryu in E3 2015.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I just found this in the Rayman thread
It might be wise to stay off of twitter if you don't want spoilers in that case (and also to not look up PracticalBrush12 on Reddit).
I have my fork and Im oh so ready for some Leak Spaghetti

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyway, I saw some discussion about Euden earlier and wanted to give my two cents.

Euden, to me, is a perfect storm of unfortunate circumstances, so much so that he's one of the characters I'm most confident won't be playable (that haven't been explicitly ruled out). To give it a rundown, Euden is...

- From a game that never released in PAL regions, which has been stated to be an issue by Sakurai multiple times over (hell, Lucas wouldn't have even gotten in if Sakurai knew he'd be Japan Exclusive)

- From a game that Nintendo doesn't fully own, co-owning it with a company with a much larger, popular, and more international series to pull from instead

- From a game that pretty much flopped and still isn't doing well

- A character with very little fan demand

- A character that, at the end of the day, doesn't bring anything that unique to the table

- and, to add insult to injury, potentially subject to licensing issues with the music.

You can point out how [Character A] may have overcome point X, and how [Character B] overcame point Y, but no character on the roster has ever had anywhere close to these all at once. And these aren't fan rules, these are legitimate obstacles for inclusion based on things Sakurai explicitly said he looks at.

So that's why I'm just...really not confident in Euden getting in.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m personally banking on a single reveal, hoping for a double.
I'm feeling pretty good about a double reveal if the presentation opens up with Smash, but if the trailer is placed anywhere else in the Direct, I think one character is all we're getting.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Fighter 10 might make people maaaaaaaaad huh? Hmmmmmmmm...
SO MAYUD.png

I mean... if Amy winds up in Smash, you're not gonna treat her terribly after she worked so hard to chase Sonic into Smash, will ya? I know she's not Eggman or Shadow or Tails or "one of the more popular Sonic characters" or Crash or Chief or any of the other frequent Smash guesses but you'll like her, riiiiiiiiiiiight? You're not gonna scream at her and tell her to go away and leave Sonic alone, are you? She worked so hard to find out where he keeps running off to and then actually went and found him, so don't scream at her for finally getting one of those envelopes to officially be allowed into the fight club.

AmyBattleSad.png

YOU'RE SCARING HER STOP! STAWWWWWWWWWWWWP!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think who the final character is may also determine whether or not we get two characters. Byleth could've been revealed at the TGAs, but they decided to hold him off until January. They may have thought that he wasn't a good character to reveal at the event, and that could hold true to these last two fighters. If one character seems significantly more hype than the other, they might save one for a September/October reveal and only give us the other one for now.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I only have two predictions. Number 1. I'm thinking it's a single reveal with an announcement date for both the Sakurai Presents and Release Date and Final Smash Reveal. 2. It's going to be the last big third party, though not necessarily the last third party in Smash (but 11 will either be a lighter third party or a first party). And that's coming in October to be released December.

List of people that might show up that are hotly/decently discussed:
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Dante
  3. Master Chief -- I wouldn't count on him though.
  4. Sora -- Same here.
  5. Dr. Eggman
  6. Chun-Li
  7. Reimu
  8. I dunno at this point I've been out of town. Uhh Phoenix Wright? Agumon? Brain's fried.
List of characters that might sneak in under our radars, or are overlooked due to percieved weaknesses but also have powerful strengths:
  1. EA Rep, thinking Plants vs. Zombies.
  2. A Terrarian.
  3. Frisk.
  4. Angry Birds.
  5. GTA rep, thinking CJ.
  6. Valve Rep, a battle between TF2 and Gordon Freeman.
Could be revealed on Tuesday, but I don't think so:
  1. Every single first party rep, notables including Waluigi, Bandee, Zelda reps, and the despised duo of Pokemon Emblem.
  2. Arle
  3. Kiryu
  4. Demi-Fiend
  5. Any Capcom rep I didn't previously mention
  6. Lloyd -- Is probably counting until the day he dies but we also all thought he was as good as dead with Pyra/Mythra
  7. Uh... every gaming character ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom