• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So I just found this in the Rayman thread
It might be wise to stay off of twitter if you don't want spoilers in that case (and also to not look up PracticalBrush12 on Reddit).

Sadly it's unlikely that anything Smash will be leaked. He said in the comments that his Smash sources are dry and he probably won't know who the next smash characters are before the direct.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Sadly it's unlikely that anything Smash will be leaked. He said in the comments that his Smash sources are dry and he probably won't know who the next smash characters are before the direct.
I don't want to be spoiled. It's one thing if they "leak" the characters months prior to allow speculation. But with only two days left, it's just worthless and killing the fun.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't want to be spoiled. It's one thing if they "leak" the characters months prior to allow speculation. But with only two days left, it's just worthless and killing the fun.
I never told you that you had to, I put "sadly" in there to express my personal opinion. I didn't say you all had to feel that way too.

I just told you I'm impatient and would like to know sooner rather than later.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
For ME, it's a little bit like when movie studios put out the trailer and I'm like "ok yeah sure neat" and then within the week of release they're like "SEE THE MOVIE THIS FRIDAY. NOW here's an exclusive clip of said movie" and then all the outlets have their own "exclusive clips" of the movie that comes out Friday and I'm like "I'll just see it on Friday for myself"

Or worse yet, when very recently they have to preview a big fx shot for the trailer like seconds before the trailer and then they go "trailer starts NOW" and I'm like "Yeah, that's why I clicked on the video, to watch the trailer. You might as well just play the trailer, I'm not THAT impatient that you need to show a couple seconds of it before it starts within the same video"

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
One thing I'm also predicting regarding whether or not we get a single or double reveal:

If the Direct starts with Smash, that makes the chances for a double reveal at the end. If not, that makes it likelier for a single reveal.

Personally, I have a harder time seeing them doing two Smash trailers back-to-back, or one in the middle or one in the end.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
One thing I'm also predicting regarding whether or not we get a single or double reveal:

If the Direct starts with Smash, that makes the chances for a double reveal at the end. If not, that makes it likelier for a single reveal.

Personally, I have a harder time seeing them doing two Smash trailers back-to-back, or one in the middle or one in the end.
But... what if it's ONE trailer that reveals BOTH?

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
If we do get a double reveal, it'll likely be structured as how Hero and Banjo were revealed. Show one character off very early, do some non Smash announcements, and then drop the other one in the middle of the show.

At least that's how I think it'll go.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

It's even harder when you realize that all Smash reveals, even in Smash focused directs, always happened either at the end or at the beginning, but never in the middle (except when they still had echo fighters for the base game).

Well except Terry. He is too cool for rules.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
This is where my WoL Final Battle vs. both Galeem AND Dharkon trailer idea comes in…

IT'S THE FINAL BATTLE! Galeem and Dharkon are BOTH high in the sky, tentacles a-blazin in a big bad battle! The Super Smash Bros Ultimate cast is doing everything to stop their battle before it destroys all that ever was and all that currently is. It's a big bad battle. Sephiroth is being a god, but THIS TIME it isn't enough, Mythra has summoned the Siren but IT isn't enough, they all team up together and a huge big bad finale takes place. Sonic gets the Chaos Emeralds and becomes SUPER Sonic. Wario becomes Wario-Man. It goes on and on as all the fighters bring out their biggest moves before ultimately (pun not intended) bringing down Galeem and Dharkon. Super Sonic looks SUPER COOL in the sky, but then he looks terrified! A LOOK OF TERROR ON THE FACE OF SUPER SONIC! The fighters turn to see if Galeem and Dharkon are getting back up. Dharkon is STARTING to get back up, but then a boot stomps on his eye and defeats him. Super Sonic GASPS! IT'S AMY! SHE'S FOLLOWED HIM HERE! He tries to get away but THAT'S when his Super Sonic powers run out and he falls, waiting to become the captive of one Amy Rose. And then Galeem kinda gets back up and giggles at the now defeated Dharkon and then another boot stomps on Galeen: Waluigi stands upon him and goes "Nyaaaaaaaa Waluigi tooooooooooo wahehehe!"

The end.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm mostly burnt out on Smash speculation, there's only one tiny prediction I have left: we're not done with Undertale. The Sans costume was such a big thing, there's no way they don't do more with it. Could be a character or a second costume, but it'll be something.
"Nyeh heh heh" time?
I believe you mean,

OHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSS.

xenother

Smash Apprentice
I think we can safely put this list in the trashcan since none of these ended up playable.
It was never meant to be a list of playable fighters. I was saying that the names in the list were floating around in insider circles or were given to me by a couple of my sources in one capacity or another. But like I said originally, it was probably just a lucky guess and should be taken with a grain of salt.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, the discussion about "Predictable/unpredictable" has got me thinking a little. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel like this thread is a lot more open than most Smash places. We managed to make Adol into the perfect image of a darkhorse or an underdog, but go anywhere else and everyone won't have a clue about Falcom or Adol. If I were to wager, I'd also say Yuri and Dark Souls aren't commonly discussed as alternatives to Lloyd beyond here, either. I'm also pretty sure LoL isn't really somethng people talk about regarding Smash much. Conversely, Steve seems like he was pretty big elsewhere but was left rather underground around these parts.

So yeah. I guess it's a lot easier to say "We expected this" when we as a thread are casting a much wider net in general.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, I just learned from "my friend who has NOA source" that Nintendo are on the trigger gun for anything leaking from the usual suspect. Aka, don't expect any twitter insider real leak, or journo hinting at stuff, probably not even on ERA.

If a Leak happens, it's either 4chan or Brush

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Man I hate this Brush guy already. They're really trying to shape up being the Profasiagaming of videogame reveals. Nobody but the most impatient of fans are looking forward to them "predicting" stuff hours in advance and ruining suprises just for the hell of it and we should stop encouraging it. The time of leakers being perceived as all-knowing gigachads is long over and we can basically agree they're all just attention-seekers at this point.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Man I hate this Brush guy already. They're really trying to shape up being the Profasiagaming of videogame reveals. Nobody but the most impatient of fans are looking forward to them "predicting" stuff hours in advance and ruining suprises just for the hell of it and we should stop encouraging it. The time of leakers being perceived as all-knowing gigachads is long over and we can basically agree they're all just attention-seekers at this point.
Not really, depends on how the leaker act, and how it happens.
Pokémon Leakers are still absolute GigaChads that make Nintendo Seethee just because they post on 4Chan months away and leave lmao. God bless them.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
That's just like, your opinion, man.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, I just learned from "my friend who has NOA source" that Nintendo are on the trigger gun for anything leaking from the usual suspect. Aka, don't expect any twitter insider real leak, or journo hinting at stuff, probably not even on ERA.

Thanks for the mental image of Nintendo employees pointing a sniper through people windows

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another trailer idea I like is all the characters waiting for the final character to appear from this portal basically Endgame style. That'd be fitting for Master Chief who could then point his gun at Mario before cutting to gameplay footage.

Another is another Galeem trailer where the DLC fighters are amongst those that survived his attack and end of the trailer shows them seeing Kirby in the distance indicating they're gonna help him save everyone.

Second one probably won't happen as Galeem has already been done with Sephiroth.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Thanks for the mental image of Nintendo employees pointing a sniper through people windows
I think I read once that Nintendo Ninjas are real and actively hunt people down. Can’t remember when I read about it though...

Stull... that’s one mental image I now can’t get out of my head...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
But... what if it's ONE trailer that reveals BOTH?
I think it would be hard to do unless the two characters share a theme, like Ken and Incineroar. Also, we've never had two different third parties from different companies unveiled together in the same trailer, so it would have to either be one third party and a Nintendo character, two Nintendo characters, or two guests from the same company.

It's even harder when you realize that all Smash reveals, even in Smash focused directs, always happened either at the end or at the beginning, but never in the middle (except when they still had echo fighters for the base game).

Well except Terry. He is too cool for rules.
To be fair, this in part was due to the Banjo & Kazooie presentation announcement that had to happen earlier in the direct. So they pretty much killed two birds with one stone.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think it would be hard to do unless the two characters share a theme, like Ken and Incineroar. so it would have to either be one third party and a Nintendo character,
Waluigi and Shadow my duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude upgraded assist trophies, sharing a theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme

I'mma make myself sound like a dumb... but what makes Brush-Man so special/invincible or whatever? 4chan is like "yeah it's anonymous who know who WHO is?" but like Brush I mean like he's RIGHT there, why's he bulletproof in this? He's the first guy I think of when I hear "the usual suspect"?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'mma make myself sound like a dumb... but what makes Brush-Man so special/invincible or whatever? 4chan is like "yeah it's anonymous who know who WHO is?" but like Brush I mean like he's RIGHT there, why's he bulletproof in this? He's the first guy I think of when I hear "the usual suspect"?
Anonymous, and legally speaking can't prove that he's leaking if it's hinted behind prediction, you don't know who or how he leaked it.
Unlike let's say, others insiders being public images, or journalists, where the backslash can be way way waaaay more severe, whenever it's cutting ties or Legal pursuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom