• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Okay, here's a game: What could Smash be like in an alternate dimension? For example, a universe where Pepsiman first appeared in a video game, and has gotten into the roster.
That's a loaded question.

But perhaps there is one alternate universe where they don't FIGHT hands... they ARE hands! HANDS UPON HANDS UPON HANDS, fighting each other with HANDS UPON HANDS UPON HANDS UPON HANDS

4a052fc19eaf8de101ec23b8599f47cb.jpg

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fighter's Pass 3...

... but Sakurai has handed it over to Bandai Namco so he can take a break, and get to experience the hype of not knowing who is in.

I want to see what Sakurai is like as a Smash Bros speculator.

Sakurai: "Guys, guys! If I know Harada as well as I think I do, he is totally about to add Crash!"

Harada doesn't add Crash either.
Harada won’t be adding Arle or Chief or Jonesy either if that tweet was an indication :4pacman:

thanks a lot, Alberto

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Okay, here's a game: What could Smash be like in an alternate dimension? For example, a universe where Pepsiman first appeared in a video game, and has gotten into the roster.
That's a loaded question.

But perhaps there is one alternate universe where they don't FIGHT hands... they ARE hands! HANDS UPON HANDS UPON HANDS, fighting each other with HANDS UPON HANDS UPON HANDS UPON HANDS

View attachment 318958
Maybe there’s one where they fight Master Foot and Crazy Foot instead of hands. 🤣

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Here's another Alternate Dimension Smash Bros.:

Mayro
Sanic
CD-i Link
Pepsiman (with Coca-Colaman as an echo)
Johnny Test
Shrek
Bubsy
Lester the Unlikely
Reboot Dante
Beck and Call
Pink Gold Peach (with Blue Platinum Rosalina as an echo)
Nathaniel Bandy
Bimmy and Jammy
Sora, Dolan, and Gooby

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Goku will somehow be in Smash because he is a video game first instead of manga first.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Here's another Alternate Dimension Smash Bros.:

Mayro
Sanic
CD-i Link
Pepsiman (with Coca-Colaman as an echo)
Johnny Test
Shrek
Bubsy
Lester the Unlikely
Reboot Dante
Beck and Call
Pink Gold Peach (with Blue Platinum Rosalina as an echo)
Nathaniel Bandy
Bimmy and Jammy
Sora, Dolan, and Gooby

Don't forget Nindney studio's Mikey Moose!

Technomage

Smash Champion
Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Maybe there’s one where they fight Master Foot and Crazy Foot instead of hands. 🤣
Or perhaps some alternate universe where Nintendo's deal with Mike Tyson for Punch-Out didn't have to get undone Mr Dream style, so they grabbed HULK HOGAN to be the celebrity guest for Smash and so everyone has to eventually fight Hulk Hogan and then he pops onto the stage not to his usual song, but this absolute craze fest!

"WHAT'S UP DUDE?"

"Hey check out the pythons babaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

"YO TED TURNER, YOU WANNA ARM WRESTLE?"

TRAININ PRAYERS AND VITAMINS! OOOOOH LOOK AT THAT NEW VEIN IN MY TRICEP!"

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know what I hope they don’t reveal CP11 at E3 now. Let’s see this one off to the end. I’m proud of Smash speculation and I refuse to let fatigue ruin what has been a heck of a ride.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The one thing I hope about FP3 is that SOMETHING happens so that Smash fans have to think outside the box that formed during FP1 and especially FP2 speculation.
To be honest I'm not sure that's something we can pull off without a new game entirely. Half of everyone is perceived to be deconfirmed, and either way we've talked about just about everything there is to talk about. It feels like everyone's just burnt out, and most people just want to know who it is by now. Even if we get FP3, I feel like people would be too tired to even care about what's outside the box anyways, the DLC's been going on for so long.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
To be honest I'm not sure that's something we can pull off without a new game entirely. Half of everyone is perceived to be deconfirmed, and either way we've talked about just about everything there is to talk about. It feels like everyone's just burnt out, and most people just want to know who it is by now. Even if we get FP3, I feel like people would be too tired to even care about what's outside the box anyways, the DLC's been going on for so long.
That's one of the reasons I'm hoping for a double reveal on some level. So many of the conversations, debates, and points have been made and while seeing general speculation taper off will be a bit sad, there's a feeling of exhaustion that's gradually made the scene feel a bit less energized compared to what it was.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
E3 has been pretty underwhelming so far in my opinion. Nintendo better come out with some really hype announcements to save it.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
That's one of the reasons I'm hoping for a double reveal on some level. So many of the conversations, debates, and points have been made and while seeing general speculation taper off will be a bit sad, there's a feeling of exhaustion that's gradually made the scene feel a bit less energized compared to what it was.
Exactly.
This is not the same case for FP1 where we had Vergeben still in the game and it lasting only a year.
FP2 lasted two years, we had no real evidence added and, thus, nothing much to talk about. Basically the same thing after Ryu and Roy revealed in 2015. The issue with DLC is that we get no information from Sakurai himself since... Well the game is already out. At best we got spirit events left and right but that doesn't help much for conversation.
If we had hope for a new mode to be added or a standalone stage or anything else that's not a character, that would be great. But at this point this doesn't seem to be happening. Wrapping Ultimate at E3 once and for all would be a great way to end the cycle of this game; start with everyone is here, end with everything is here.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
That's been my opinion on E3 for the last couple years
At least e3 2019 and 2018 announced new games. This year it's basically just been games that are already announced with the exception of a few.There were some cool announcements during Microsoft's presentation like Halo and Battlefield 2042, but there were hardly any new game announcements

I'm pretty certain Nintendo will at least focus on new games.

Shroob

Sup?
You know what I hope they don’t reveal CP11 at E3 now. Let’s see this one off to the end. I’m proud of Smash speculation and I refuse to let fatigue ruin what has been a heck of a ride.
I mean, fatigue will just ruin it for everyone else tbh.

Get ready for 3 months of, "Well, the last character is going to suck. Smash always ends on a low note." For 3 months straight at the earliest.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be honest I'm not sure that's something we can pull off without a new game entirely.
I think it'd have to be Sakurai saying that they'll have a smaller budget, evidenced by more than the pass consisting of just 4 challenger packs. This is what happened with Tekken 7's season passes after 2, they have less characters added than pass 2, and no guests.

Or if you want something that sounds less like a cynical way to say "first party pass please", the E3 reveal being someone presumed to be deconfirmed.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I mean, fatigue will just ruin it for everyone else tbh.

Get ready for 3 months of, "Well, the last character is going to suck. Smash always ends on a low note." For 3 months straight at the earliest.
Be the change you want to see. I’m going to advocate for my faves regardless of what cynical mouthbreathers say. I’d rather be wrong and surprised than right and vindicative about it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh god yeah, the numbers of "THE LAST FIGHTER WILL BE DISAPOINTING" if they don't show up the two tomorrow will be ****ing annoying, even more if they pull a Smash 4 and wait until November/December to announce the final character.

Nintendo, please end our life tomorrow.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh god yeah, the numbers of "THE LAST FIGHTER WILL BE DISAPOINTING" if they don't show up the two tomorrow will be ****ing annoying, even more if they pull a Smash 4 and wait until November/December to announce the final character.

*Tuesday

that or Brushie or that one brave soul on 4chan just spoils the smash reveals

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And then they're going to be ridiculously top tier. Again. I for one will embrace our new top tier Scorpion meta. :jojo:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
same tbh I enjoy the smash hype train

some people rly want the whole train to stop because they got motion sickness during the ride, like bro just hop off the train lmao

edit: ngl tho it is difficult to hop off a train while its still moving

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You mean in two days, right? nintendo is on the 15

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Be the change you want to see. I’m going to advocate for my faves regardless of what cynical mouthbreathers say. I’d rather be wrong and surprised than right and vindicative about it.
We've already seen how this thread functions.

1-2 people isn't going to be able to steer this thread's direction for any meaningful amount of time, and even if it does for awhile, the entire rest of the speculation community off-site will be no better, if not worse.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's not even about people disagreeing with you. It's just that all discussion has been done ad nauseam for the past few years for almost every character, and with the lack of leakers this time, it's even more obvious that the discussion has been extremely stall.
Sure, sometimes you have someone who pops up and suggest another character, but that doesn't last forever.
I really wish now that they would do a double-reveal. I'm not going to say that I don't care at all, but clearly not as much as two years ago. More characters is always cool but without massive gameplay changes, I'll only play the character for a week, play its classic mode and move on.
Now if they added Smash Run 2.0...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom