• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
To my knowledge, there hasn't been a correct leak in FP #2 (which is amazing). Correct me if I am wrong.

I know that Hero and Terry leaked early in FP#1 but I don't remember any of the other characters leaking.
Steve leaked a few mins before the direct.
Mii Costumes of FP2 leaked there and there.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Steve leaked a few mins before the direct.
Mii Costumes of FP2 leaked there and there.
Yeah, I think anything with an hour or two before a direct is NOT a true leak because there is already stuff being posted, etc. about it. I think it has to be at least 24 hours in advance to be a proper leak.

Forgot about the Mii Costumes but it still does support my comments about no character has been leaked. It is crazy to think that with all of the companies involved in Smash production.

(I also don't think the Steve leak was very well-published as most people were still surprised by the announcement).

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I dont expect the character leaking. And if it does, it will be either ERA insider, or 4chan.
90% of E3 end up leaking in 4chan
Then again, there's a good chance it'll slip under the radar.

I remember someone had leaked the entire Kencineroar trailer's "script", bit by bit, on 4chan. No one believed it.

Someone also leaked PP, including certain moves. The post completely eluded everyone until after PP was revealed.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I got a question now, but first I'm going to add some context to help people understand it:

The development team of the DLC was stated to have been working on three characters at a time. But since there are only two characters left, more work is likely to have been put on them. Because of that (and the fact that Sakurai stated we'd have to wait a bit longer for CP10), it's quite likely that we'd be getting both final DLCs pretty soon; well, unless one or both characters are so complex as to require more work, and thus the same amount of time as the previous characters (Sephy and Pythra).

With that said, what characters would fit that criteria to the point that CP11 would still require the usual 3 months later to complete (as in released on September)?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The development team of the DLC was stated to have been working on three characters at a time. But since there are only two characters left, more work is likely to have been put on them.
That's not entirely likely to be the case; either the division that worked on Pythra is moving on to work on some other game, or they'll work on CP12 if such a thing will happen.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I got a question now, but first I'm going to add some context to help people understand it:

The development team of the DLC was stated to have been working on three characters at a time. But since there are only two characters left, more work is likely to have been put on them. Because of that (and the fact that Sakurai stated we'd have to wait a bit longer for CP10), it's quite likely that we'd be getting both final DLCs pretty soon; well, unless one or both characters are so complex as to require more work, and thus the same amount of time as the previous characters (Sephy and Pythra).

With that said, what characters would fit that criteria to the point that CP11 would still require the usual 3 months later to complete (as in released on September)?
That's not how dev work.
When the devs work on three character at a time, it probably goes something like
Artist/Concept Artist work on A
Pass it to the Modeler
Artist/Concept Artists work on B
Pass it to the Modelers who pass A to animators
Coders do their jobs on the side with the animations they receives from A or with unfinished animation of B
Balance team work on them, discuss, talk
Artist/Concept Artist work on C-
etc etc etc.
Think of it as more of a chain workflow than "EVERYONE WORK ON THEM ON THE SAME THINGS" .
The artists might have been done for a while with FP2, and probably already left the team as of now.

volbound1700

Smash Master
What are some characters that you guys would love to have in Smash but have no shot (and not a lot of fan support). I have three:

1. Prince Fluff (Kirby's Epic Yard)
2. Amaterasu (Okami)
3. Epic Mickey/Oswald (Epic Mickey Series)

All three could have very creative move set potential. Also the Mickey Mouse vs. Mario fight just seems fun and iconic.

Technomage

Smash Champion
What are some characters that you guys would love to have in Smash but have no shot (and not a lot of fan support). I have three:

2. Amaterasu (Okami)

All three could have very creative move set potential. Also the Mickey Mouse vs. Mario fight just seems fun and iconic.
For me, it's the Imperial from Etrian Odyssey.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I know Hyabusa was basically deconfirmed a while ago but does anyone think Lu Bu still has a chance? There is a Warriors spinoff of four franchises in Smash now (Zelda, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, and Persona). I think it would be awesome to finally get the other way around and get a Warriors character in Smash.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Reminder in case that Rumors and "Leaks" are reaching its peak as E3 is so close on Saturday to begin.

Hype Responsibly

Also, what do you think about Ratchet and Clank's chance for the roster? (Which their latest game is going to be released in 2 days on Friday for the PS5.)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Also, what do you think about Ratchet and Clank's chance for the roster? (Which their latest game is going to be released in 2 days on Friday for the PS5.)
Not great. For starters, you have lots of Sony competition. Stuff like Kratos, Nathan Drake, and so on loom over Ratchet. But probably the bigger issue is working with Sony. Unlike Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo do not have a strong working relationship. I would not bet on them.

Technomage

Smash Champion
LarryLurr made a video about his predictions for the last DLCs.

Discuss?

Ehh, I don't think the chances are very high (though they're not at 0%).

D

Deleted member

Who are you two thinking we'll see at this point?
I've got no idea truthfully. I just don't think it's someone we'll expect. I'm not saying it's impossible for it to be any of those, I mean, we're holding them up as 'likely' for a reason, but so far we've been unable to predict a single, solitary character for this pass. The only reason we knew of characters were because of leakers like Vergeben for the first pass (and the SNK copyright for Terry).

Since then, no character was predicted by the masses here. We had no idea ARMs would get a rep until the teaser flat out told us (even then, most people wanted/hoped for Twintelle, not Min Min...though she was second). Vergeben had said around the time of Hero's release that some kind of Minecraft content was coming, but since that had been so long ago, nobody really expected Steve anymore (especially after Banjo came out). And then Sephiroth blew all our collective minds and Pyra/Mythra without Rex was not something anyone was expecting either.

Sure, you'll have a member or two call whoever comes next, but it won't really be an actual prediction, it'll be because they stan the character and were hoping really hard. It's the "A thousand monkey's on a thousand typewriters" kind of scenario.

So, I can't really tell you who I expect since none of our theories ever really pan out and I don't have any of my own. Another 1st party rep? Another Villain from a series already here? A Pokemon? A 'Shill pick' like King Bom Omb to rep Mario Golf? I've got no clue. I'm just fairly confident that our inability to predict anyone is the only reliable prediction lol.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm surprised by this.

I've seen people GENUINLY predict that we won't get a Smash reveal at this E3 at all.
If that's the case, we've got quite the wait, don't y'all think?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sure, but what if they determine that Eggman can't be done in a manner friendly with the time and budget restraints of DLC?

THIS IS HOW AMY WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
If the devs were able to do Steve in a timely manner, which required them to painstakingly modify every single stage in the stage including the ones who aren't playable in VS modes just so pressing the B button would not only give him materials but also have those materials differ between surfaces, something which even Sakurai hinted at being hell for the team to pull off in the Steve presentation, I don't see how "mad scientist driving a mech" would be problematic.

You're just gatekeeping the Eggman because you want Amy.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm surprised by this.

I've seen people GENUINLY predict that we won't get a Smash reveal at this E3 at all.
If that's the case, we've got quite the wait, don't y'all think?
That's true, but I don't think Nintendo will let people wait longer for more DLC. Since FP2 is almost finished.
Screenshot_20210609-093007_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

2. Amaterasu (Okami)

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Cole MacGrath (Infamous)
3. Poochy (Yoshi)

Aside from loving their games, the first two are really appealing to me because I'd love to see a video game original superhero make it to the roster. I also feel they could have super interesting movesets.

As for Poochy, I love that freaking dog. I honestly think he'd be a good second rep for Yoshi. If he's anything like he is in his games (swimming through lava and walking on spikes without a care in the world) he'd be unstoppable!

Poochy.jpg

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If the devs were able to do Steve in a timely manner, which required them to painstakingly modify every single stage in the stage including the ones who aren't playable in VS modes just so pressing the B button would not only give him materials but also have those materials differ between surfaces, something which even Sakurai hinted at being hell for the team to pull off in the Steve presentation, I don't see how "mad scientist driving a mech" would be problematic.

You're just gatekeeping the Eggman because you want Amy.
Settle down.

I'm not gatekeeping anyone or anything. I'm just being a speculating jokester mainly. And I'm not even the only one in on this Amy joke thing. Be disrespectful towards all of us if that's how you're gonna be

TRUTHFULLY, I'm such a raging Sonic fan that I'd be pretty happy with ANY Sonic character (except Classic Sonic or anything from Boom, those would be the only characters, Sonic or otherwise, that would make me genuinely mad). You get Eggman going, I'd be a happy boy, I love the Eggman! He's got the Master Plan! But I also love pretty much all the Sonic characters so it's a little bit like asking me who my favorite child is.

It's all just speculation at the end of the day, and that's what this thread is all about. I have no power over who gets in and who doesn't, it's all just wild guesses really.

You should see me and some of the others yammer about Shadow if you think I'm some kind of Amy fanboy. I pulled out the Shadow the Hedgehog 2005 concept art for that discussion.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Cole MacGrath (Infamous)
3. Poochy (Yoshi)

Aside from loving their games, the first two are really appealing to me because I'd love to see a video game original superhero make it to the roster. I also feel they could have super interesting movesets.

As for Poochy, I love that freaking dog. I honestly think he'd be a good second rep for Yoshi. If he's anything like he is in his games (swimming through lava and walking on spikes without a care in the world) he'd be unstoppable!

View attachment 318384
Ok but Poochy is stupid

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Settle down.

I'm not gatekeeping anyone or anything. I'm just being a speculating jokester mainly. And I'm not even the only one in on this Amy joke thing.
Well, you're doing a bad joke at making it seem like it's a joke then.

Even just an emote like :4pacman: would make it more clear that you're joking.

You should see me and some of the others yammer about Shadow
Oh, I've seen 7NATOR :p No offense... ^-^'

Last edited:

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
If the SMT 3 remaster were to get a Spirit Event, when should we expect to see it if it happens?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Oh, I've seen 7NATOR :p
Apologize for calling me a gatekeeper. I do not tolerate this, or any disrespect leveled towards me.

Not everyone jokes with emotes. And really, like I said. It's speculation aka random guesses/trying to figure out the next character, something we collectively are frequently wrong at anyway. I can't possibly speculate about both Amy on the grounds that assists might not be upgraded and Shadow who himself is an upgraded assist. Contradictory and all that. Me and the nator gator speculate Shadow quite a bit and so do some other cats. That's part of the game. We speculate characters that people may not agree with because for all we know the character might not actually be a character that everyone considers a shoe-in.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Okay, I will. I'm sorry.

No, but it's also not a good idea not to leave any hint that you're joking when on the Internet.

Can lead to people taking you more seriously than you want them to.
Thanks for the apology. Never disrespect me again.

Truth be told, the Amy jokester crowd really birthed out of the whole epic martin color pink thingie. Which itself is really just kinda for funsies anyhow. If the egg it hatched from really is just kinda for funsies, then so too is the Amy discussion that crawled out of said egg.

Plus... hehehehehehehehehehehehe. on the off-chance that Amy actually does get in, I'd like to be the one who gets to win all the Burger King and money for calling it war har har har hario. Well, me and all the others yammering about it too. Burger King party for us!

I once annoyed Baron Von Raschki "The Claw" as a child. I don't know why I said that, I just wanted to. Fun childhood memory of running around the shop asking The Claw to slam me and trying to educate him about Dimetrodons. He didn't like it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Oh, I've seen 7NATOR :p No offense... ^-^'
At the same time, this makes me assume it's a joke
THIS IS HOW AMY WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
It honestly shocked me that you would say something so horrible, but then I realized this HAS to be reference. Isn't it? :sadeyes:
View attachment 318386
Why would it be a reference, stupid ****ing mutt, hate him.
extra-1-poochy-aint-stupid-poochy-is-indeed-stupid-15060255~2.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So...who for E3?
I've said my prediction plenty of times already but

Double reveal.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Gran/Djeeta, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

CP10 releases same month or July and Master Chief releases September-October.

Final prediction.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So...who for E3?
I can't tell you whether 1 or 2 reveals will happen.

Either way, I think Cps 10 and 11 will be a eastern and western third party. No respective order.
I think Crash, Rayman, Diablo, a LoL rep, Kratos, Chief, Scorpion, Dovahkiin, and Doomguy are all viable picks for the western slot.
I think Dante, A 2nd Sonic character, Sol Badguy, Adol, Phoenix Wright, Chosen Undead, Lloyd, Yuri, and Jin Kazama are some viable viable for the eastern slot.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Master Chief has a sword?

Looks up

Huh I'll be damn, granted not a physical sword but an energy sword is still pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom